Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:01 AM

Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? (6526 Views)

Poll: Will You?

Yes: 31% (20 votes)
No: 68% (44 votes)
This poll has ended

Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? / Will You Denounce Your Faith in God Taking The (Mark Of The Beast) for meds / Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 15, 2010
call me a liar if you like i could careless but although I am not in the situation so I do not know for certain, I am going to say 'No'. I am a firm believer in God and Nirvana so. . .If its not my time I will be spared if not, life was good while it lasted. undecided
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by Markenny(m): 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

call me a liar if you like i could careless but although I am not in the situation so I do not know for certain, I am going to say 'No'. I am a firm believer in God and Nirvana so. . .If its not my time I will be spared if not, life was good while it lasted. undecided

hope u kwn what u are saying?gun on ur face
just rember those foods u are always to eat.those nice cars
those brimsh kinghts u use tto wear,ppls u are gonin to miss
ur girl friend,enjoyment,all that, hell no.i will sure.(yes)

@mZdark do the same,
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 15, 2010
@Markenny its funny how people say they believe in God (some believe in Heaven, Peaceful rest or the like) and yet they fear death. Amazing. I have embraced my mortality. Its written that I like all man shall perish and I wont deny my Creator in the process. I am sorry. As I stated its not a fact that I may be so strong with a hideous thing in my face however I pray that I leave the earth with my new found strength.

Either way its 50/50 whose to say the lunatic isnt a religious fanatic who is on a homicidal rampage against those who do NOT believe in God? What are you going to say then? That you do ONLY because you don't want to die? Tisk tisk.
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by dreaMaker: 4:33pm On Apr 15, 2010
i will denounce my faith before u can say "musa yaradua" or at the mere mention of "turai" cool
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by peruso: 12:26am On Apr 16, 2010
Akabi_boy:

@poster
i will denounce myself at any point of danger not to talk of my religon. if some scumbag put a gun to my head and ask are you not that akanbi guy that live down the road? i will go wasn't me. lol. i will even deny everything and everybody that i know just to get intimacy from a girl not to talk about point of death.

grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin
your signature says it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by eldee(m): 12:45am On Apr 16, 2010
@The Faithfuls

If you know you're more holier than Peter, cast the first stone. grin grin
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by Lady2(f): 1:17am On Apr 16, 2010
so many peters in the house

EXACTLY!!!!

I was going to post that.

People please do not commit the sin of presumption. I know you want to affirm yourself of this, but the best you can do is pray that God gives u the grace to profess Him in times of adversity.

That is my prayer.
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by Markenny(m): 2:39am On Apr 16, 2010
Do u belive in God?
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by Mobsync(m): 11:37am On Apr 16, 2010
can't say lipsrsealed
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by riffytout(m): 5:16pm On Apr 16, 2010
The truth is, does it actually make sense to die for your religion? Wouldnt god be happier if u stayd alive and helped his work? We all tell simple lies everyday, what diff would one more lie do, esp when ur life is on the line. Or would u be happy if u grew up in an orphanage just because ur parents were willing to die for their beliefs.
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by Dalby(m): 10:49pm On Apr 16, 2010
~Lady~:

EXACTLY!!!!

I was going to post that.

People please do not commit the sin of presumption. I know you want to affirm yourself of this, but the best you can do is pray that God gives u the grace to profess Him in times of adversity.

That is my prayer.

After all, all the disciples told Christ that they would die for him before adversity struck cool cool cool
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by petres007(m): 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2010
Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point?

Na im be say I don die be dat! grin grin grin grin
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by harakiri(m): 1:37pm On Apr 17, 2010
99.9% of so called "Christians" would denounce their faith without thinking twice.How many true Christians do we have? How many so called Christians of today can endure with Paul,Silas and Stephen endured? Nil ! ! !

All of them go to church because of promise of blessings and nothing more.

End of!
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by eldee(m): 1:43pm On Apr 17, 2010
harakiri:

99.9% of so called "Christians" would denounce their faith without thinking twice.How many true Christians do we have? How many so called Christians of today can endure with Paul,Silas and Stephen endured? Nil ! ! !

End of!

Let's apply brains here . . . the Bible says he won't give me a temptation which he knows I cannot overcome.
Yeah, I agree, this temptation is bigger than me . . . I agree with that.
So how does that make me a worse Christian??
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by DYnamis: 1:51pm On Apr 17, 2010
I sure won't having known where I'll be headed for thereafter. May God help me to live by my convictions and strengthen my faith in such circumstance
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 18, 2010
ISLAM for life, i will die as a muslimat anypoint
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by luluosas(m): 4:22pm On Apr 18, 2010
Never! Why should I deny my faith in the first place? It goes to show how truthful you are to your belive. I rather die than deny JESUS. After all, death will still any how someday.
No wonder some of you turned black with or without confrontations. In fact, no wonder some of you deliberately refuses to indicate your religion in your CVs.
May God have mercy on us all.
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2010
i will gladly accept to die than to deny my sweet jesus
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by Sprumbaba: 8:11pm On Apr 18, 2010
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by PurestBoy(m): 10:38am On Apr 19, 2010
harakiri:

End of!

u be mumu
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by Dalby(m): 12:30pm On Apr 19, 2010
Matthew 21:28-32 (King James Version)

28But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
29He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
30And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
31Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
32For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

Interpretation

The first son represents all sinners who at some point in their lives repent of their sinful ways and turn to God in trust and obedience.
The second son represents all those who appear to be zealous on the surface, but at heart are quite disobedient. The vineyard is the church.

We seem to have a lot of the 2nd son type Christians on nairaland. Remember what Peter said when Christ told him undecided undecided undecided
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by kDB1(m): 4:31pm On Apr 19, 2010
I PRAY GOD WILL GIVE ME THE STRENGTH NOT TO DENY HIM. JUST LIKE EVERY1, I PRAY NOT TO BE IN THAT SITUATION.
@ DYLAN AND NOETIC,

R U SURE U WON'T IF U R GOIN TO BE QUADRUPLETED? HMM, MAYBE GOD IS UNDERSTANDING MAYBE WE SHOULD LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY. AFTER ALL IT'S WHAT IS IN THE HEART DAT COUNTS. NOT WHAT YOU SAY TO MAKE YOUR ASSAILANTS HAPPY

JUST THINK,
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by joe4christ(m): 10:17am On Apr 20, 2010
TEARS DROPED MY CHEECK WHILE BROWSING THROUGH YOU VARIOUS POST ON THIS THREAD, IF YOU WOULD BE WILLING TO DENOUNCE YOUR FAITH AT GUN POINT OR RATHER AT THE FACE OF DEATH, THEN I WONDER HOW YOU'LL BE ABLE TO STAND THE DAYS OF GREAT TRIBULATIONS, WHERE YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO BUY OR SELL WITHOUT THE MARK OF THE BEAST {666} SO WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? WILL YOU EQUALY RENOUNCE CHRIST JUST IN ORDER TO SURVIVE? EVEN AT THE EXPENSE OF UR SOUL? RETHINK![color=#990000][/color]
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by petres007(m): 11:33am On Apr 20, 2010
Sprumbaba:

If peter, one of Jesus disciples could deny knowing jesus in the bible (At Gun Point).

Who am I not to denounce my faith at Gun point. The answer is YES. I will do it always whenever the opportunities present itself.

Hmmm,

Bros you forget that the same Peter who denied him then and all the other apostles who abandoned him then later on died the most gruesome deaths for the same Jesus they once denied.

What changed them?? They'd seen Jesus alive after he was crucified. That changed everything for them.

The same disciples who were in hiding after Jesus had been crucified were the same ones who boldly and fearlesssly preached him in the open in spite of persecutions and warnings from the authorities to desist from doing so, and eventually they paid with their lives.

So my take again, by God's grace I will not even consider denying him at all. Whether threatened with death or torture. smiley
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by petres007(m): 11:37am On Apr 20, 2010
joe4christ:

TEARS DROPED MY CHEECK WHILE BROWSING THROUGH YOU VARIOUS POST ON THIS THREAD, IF YOU WOULD BE WILLING TO DENOUNCE YOUR FAITH AT GUN POINT OR RATHER AT THE FACE OF DEATH, THEN I WONDER HOW YOU'LL BE ABLE TO STAND THE DAYS OF GREAT TRIBULATIONS, WHERE YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO BUY OR SELL WITHOUT THE MARK OF THE BEAST {666} SO WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? WILL YOU EQUALY RENOUNCE CHRIST JUST IN ORDER TO SURVIVE? EVEN AT THE EXPENSE OF your SOUL? RETHINK![color=#990000][/color]

@joe4christ,

The reason why most of them have said (truthfully) that would deny Christ at gunpoint, is because they've been sold a watered down version of the gospel (of convenience) and don't even know what is ahead (the end times).

I think when the anti christ shows up, the chaff will be separated from the wheat, as quasi-christians "apply wisdom" and choose to stay alive and comfortable. . . while true Christians hold onto their faith and pay for it dearly.
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by harakiri(m): 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2010
PurestBoy:

u be mumu

Typical response of a dummy!
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by harakiri(m): 3:38pm On Apr 20, 2010
Sprumbaba:

If peter, one of Jesus disciples could deny knowing jesus in the bible (At Gun Point).

Who am I not to denounce my faith at Gun point. The answer is YES. I will do it always whenever the opportunities present itself.

Abeg help me tell them.How many of these so called self-professing Christians go to church unconditionally for the love of Jesus Christ and nothing more? How many? Nil! ! !

Their "partnership" with Christianity is based on gains and nothing more.Nobody here would gladly accept a bullet for the love of Jesus.All of them that say otherwise are liars! ! !

End of.
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by Zodiac61(m): 4:59pm On Apr 20, 2010
harakiri:

Abeg help me tell them.How many of these so called self-professing Christians go to church unconditionally for the love of Jesus Christ and nothing more? How many? Nil! ! !

Their "partnership" with Christianity is based on gains and nothing more.Nobody here would gladly accept a bullet for the love of Jesus.All of them that say otherwise are liars! ! !

End of.

Agreed. All these christians who would "never" denounce Jesus Christ would the first to become Sango worshippers at the sight of a man with a gun.
luluosas:

Never! Why should I deny my faith in the first place? It goes to show how truthful you are to your belive. I rather die than deny JESUS. After all, death will still any how someday.
Yeah right grin grin grin grin grin
And what do you think would happen when you die for nothing. Do you think that you will be seated at the right hand of god? False, like the rest of us, you will became plant food. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by eldee(m): 7:18pm On Apr 20, 2010
petres_007:

Hmmm,

Bros you forget that the same Peter who denied him then and all the other apostles who abandoned him then later on died the most gruesome deaths for the same Jesus they once denied.

What changed them?? They'd seen Jesus alive after he was crucified. That changed everything for them.

The same disciples who were in hiding after Jesus had been crucified were the same ones who boldly and fearlesssly preached him in the open in spite of persecutions and warnings from the authorities to desist from doing so, and eventually they paid with their lives.

So my take again, by God's grace I will not even consider denying him at all. Whether threatened with death or torture. smiley

Thank you, they changed and all that.
When they died, they had no say in it. . . now that's wisdom.

No jumping infront of a man with a gun and saying, 'shoot you coward' like most people are claiming they would.
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by Girl846(f): 10:34pm On Apr 20, 2010
If I get killed for standing up to my faith, there is nothing to fear because I know I will joining my Father in Heaven.
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by Zodiac61(m): 10:57pm On Apr 20, 2010
Girl846:

If I get killed for standing up to my faith, there is nothing to fear because I know I will joining my Father in Heaven.
Why wait to be killed? Why not hasten your trip to join your father by doing it yourself? This is getting out of hand - a death cult. Yet the same people who cannot wait to join their father in heaven are the same people who lined up to condemn Mutallab when he tried to hasten his trip to the land of the 72 virgins.
Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2010
used to spit religious about this in my younger days, but now being all the lot wiser and seeing the mess we call religion I'll swiftly denounce anything if it can keep myself and my loved ones alive. I've learnt to look at the bigger picture of not trying to prove a point but trying to live (for oneself and one's loved ones) to fight gloriously another day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should Students Pay Tithe? / Ananta Bijoy Das Hacked To Death For Criticizing Islam / Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.