Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Should Students Pay Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Students Pay Tithe? (6512 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Should Students Be Paying Tithes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Students Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 08, 2012
I'm wondering if students should also pay tithes, for sure i know there are some students dAt also do some kindA school business, But d student's in dis case are those thAt rely only on d pocket money they rciv from their parents. We'v had lotsa pastors gingering us to pay, What do nairalanders think??
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Dabss(m): 6:42pm On Feb 08, 2012
Well your monthly pocket money= your monthly income.
Shey u can spend ur pocket money on ur girlfriends? Then why is it so hard to give it to God
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by 2good(m): 6:52pm On Feb 08, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:

Well your monthly pocket money= your monthly income.
Shey u can spend ur pocket money on ur girlfriends? Then why is it so hard to give it to God

When did money you didn't work for become an income? First, religion is a fraud so is the act of tithing. Why don't me people see the deception in religion and do away with it? Your pastor is a thief and trying to take advantage of your gullibility
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 08, 2012
NO !!!!

Give to the work of God, mission work for example, give to poorer Christian students, widows , orphans etc
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Dabss(m): 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2012
2good:

When did money you didn't work for become an income? First, religion is a fraud so is the act of tithing. Why don't me people see the deception in religion and do away with it? Your pastor is a thief and trying to take advantage of your gullibility
whatever!!
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by FXKing2012(m): 10:14pm On Feb 08, 2012
Pls study the scriptures for yourself to know if tithing applies to us as Christians who have been redeemed. Dont just do something just becos u were told, read the scriptures.

Hebrews 8:13 (KJV) - In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Colossians 2:14 (KJV) - Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Galatians 5:18 (KJV) - But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Galatians 3:19 (KJV) - Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. In other words, until Jesus came and fulfilled the law.

Galatians 3:23-25 (KJV)
23But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Galatians 3:10-14 (KJV)
10For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Hebrews 7:7 (KJV) “And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.”

Abram, the lesser, was blessed by the King-Priest Melchisedek, the better.

Abram gave the tenth to the better.

1 Peter 2:5 (KJV) “Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.”

1 Peter 2:9 (KJV) “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:”

1 - According to the scriptures, priests do not tithe.
2 - As priests, all born-again believers are equal. There is no better or lesser among us. God has not designated any born-again believers to collect His tithe.
3 - To try and “tithe” today is denying that you are a part of a Royal Priesthood.

SIX STEPS TO UNDERSTANDING WHEN AND HOW THE TITHE ENDED

STEP 1 - Hebrews 7:5 confirms that Levi received tithes according to the law under the Levitical priesthood.

STEP 2 - Hebrews 7:12 tells us changing the priesthood will also change the law.

STEP 3 - Hebrews 7:18 verifies that the command to tithe was disannulled (canceled).

STEP 4 - Ephesians 2:15 and Colossians 2:14 confirm that the Old Testament laws were abolished; nailed to the cross.

STEP 5 - Galatians 4:5 tells us that Jesus redeemed those who were under the law. Ephesians 2:15 and Colossians 2:14 above tell us how Jesus redeemed those under the law – by nailing the laws to the cross.

STEP 6 - Galatians 3:10 is telling us those who reject what Jesus did on the cross and continue to put themselves under the law are cursed by the law. That verse also tells us those who put themselves under even one of the laws, are putting themselves under all of the laws written in the book.

No one follows God's tithing commands today. Please tell me WHY anyone would want to follow an inferior way when the New Testament offers a better way!!
Galatians 3:19

How is the law fufiled by jesus?

It is fufiled to the extent that, his coming to fufil the prophecies has been foretold in the old testament Directed to Abraham that;.

(through your seed ,the nation will bless themselves,and when) .

Galatians 3:19.

19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator

Colossians 2:14

14 blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us. He took it out of the way, nailing it to His cross;

EVEN MALACHI 3. IN THE OLD TESTAMENT THAT TALKS ABOUT THE TITHE ADMITS 'THE PURIFYING OF THE LEVI(PRIEST) SO THAT,OFFERINGS WILL BE IN 'RIGHTEOUSNESS' AND NOT WITH THE OLD PETTERN THAT HAS BEEN ANNULED,READ

Malachi 3:1-4

3 “Behold, I send My messenger,
And he will prepare the way before Me.
And the Lord, whom you seek,
Will suddenly come to His temple,
Even the Messenger of the covenant,
In whom you delight.
Behold, He is coming,”
Says the Lord of hosts.
2 “But who can endure the day of His coming?
And who can stand when He appears?
For He is like a refiner’s fire
And like launderers’ soap.
3 He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver;
He will purify the sons of Levi,
And purge them as gold and silver,
That they may offer to the Lord
An offering in righteousness.

For those who think they are to follow God's tithing commands, which of the following do you follow?

THE FIRST TITHE
Leviticus 27:30-33 defines this tithe as a tenth of crops and animals in herds and flocks.
Numbers 18 gives the ordinances, or instructions, for this tithe, and commands this tithe be taken to the Levites.
Purpose of this tithe: to support the Levitical Priesthood.

SECOND TITHE
Deuteronomy 14:22-27: aka The Festival Tithe - a tenth of crops, plus add to that the firstborn animals, and take for the yearly feast.
Purpose of this tithe: “that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always”

THIRD TITHE
Deuteronomy 14:28-29: aka The Three-Year Tithe aka The Poor Tithe - a tenth of crops, kept at home, and invite the Levites, widows, orphans, stranger to eat.
Purpose of this tithe: to feed the poor.

In all three cases, the tithe comes from God's miraculous increase of food from crops and animals, NOT money, and NOT from anyone's income. You can't follow the law by changing the law.

Give me the scripture that YOU follow when you "tithe."
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 10:34pm On Feb 08, 2012
Even christians that are working are not meant to pay the obsolete jewish tithes, how much less students who depend on their parents for income.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by TeeJay6(m): 10:13am On Feb 09, 2012
FXKing2012:

Pls study the scriptures for yourself to know if tithing applies to us as Christians who have been redeemed. Dont just do something just becos u were told, read the scriptures.

When you say we have been redeemed what exactly are you referring to? Redemption from sin or redemption from the law of sin and death?

Romans 8:1-4/7[/color]
1. Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
2. because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death
3. For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man,
4. in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit
7. For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God's laws, and it never will.

Romans 8:3-4 explains that Jesus working through us by the power of the Holy Spirit is to help us do what the Law (which was just the knowledge of good/evil) could not do; i.e. live above sin with the result that we can now fulfil the RIGHTEOUS REQUIREMENT OF THE LAW. To suggest that the coming of Jesus brought about the doing away of the law of righteousness is totally untrue. Also what did Jesus say about this im Matthew 23:23 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. [color=#990000]You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former

If your argument based on Heb. 8:13 is to be observed then the following is no more applicable

Exodus 20:2-17
[b]2 “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7 “You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

12 “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

13 “You shall not murder.

14 “You shall not commit adultery.

15 “You shall not steal.

16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.” [/b]

Does the abolition of the law mean the above commandments are no longer applicable to us as new testament Christians?
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by mabell: 10:29am On Feb 09, 2012
@Poster,
yes a student can tithe on the pocket money, dash or allowance
I would have said it depends on his revelation but that could be his source of income then so does it mean he would not tithe untill he gets a job!?

1 Like

Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by God2man(m): 11:27am On Feb 09, 2012
Mathew 23:23, is clear enough for all anti-tithers to read. Yet, they will still insist tithing is unbiblical. I wonder what is the motive behind this anti-tither sermon, the truth is that we are all giving. Where we tend to disagree is the percentage we are giving, what we are giving, who are the people colecting the money. The truth is we must give to receive, according to Luke 6:38. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by inedi: 11:50am On Feb 09, 2012
YES, in fact, very important
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 12:04pm On Feb 09, 2012
The day any child I have or any body I am supporting starts paying tithes from the pocket money I give him/her would be the last day I give such a person pocket money. God forbid I raise a mungun.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by mbaemeka(m): 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2012
FXKing2012:

Hebrews 8:13 (KJV) - In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Colossians 2:14 (KJV) - Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Galatians 5:18 (KJV) - But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Galatians 3:19 (KJV) - Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. In other words, until Jesus came and fulfilled the law.

Galatians 3:23-25 (KJV)
23But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Galatians 3:10-14 (KJV)
10For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Hebrews 7:7 (KJV) “And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.”

Abram, the lesser, was blessed by the King-Priest Melchisedek, the better.

Abram gave the tenth to the better.

1 Peter 2:5 (KJV) “Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.”

1 Peter 2:9 (KJV) “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:”

1 - According to the scriptures, priests do not tithe.
2 - As priests, all born-again believers are equal. There is no better or lesser among us. God has not designated any born-again believers to collect His tithe.
3 - To try and “tithe” today is denying that you are a part of a Royal Priesthood.

SIX STEPS TO UNDERSTANDING WHEN AND HOW THE TITHE ENDED

STEP 1 - Hebrews 7:5 confirms that Levi received tithes according to the law under the Levitical priesthood.

STEP 2 - Hebrews 7:12 tells us changing the priesthood will also change the law.

STEP 3 - Hebrews 7:18 verifies that the command to tithe was disannulled (canceled).

STEP 4 - Ephesians 2:15 and Colossians 2:14 confirm that the Old Testament laws were abolished; nailed to the cross.

STEP 5 - Galatians 4:5 tells us that Jesus redeemed those who were under the law. Ephesians 2:15 and Colossians 2:14 above tell us how Jesus redeemed those under the law – by nailing the laws to the cross.

STEP 6 - Galatians 3:10 is telling us those who reject what Jesus did on the cross and continue to put themselves under the law are cursed by the law. That verse also tells us those who put themselves under even one of the laws, are putting themselves under all of the laws written in the book.

No one follows God's tithing commands today. Please tell me WHY anyone would want to follow an inferior way when the New Testament offers a better way!!
Galatians 3:19

How is the law fufiled by jesus?

It is fufiled to the extent that, his coming to fufil the prophecies has been foretold in the old testament Directed to Abraham that;.

(through your seed ,the nation will bless themselves,and when) .

Galatians 3:19.

19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator

Colossians 2:14

14 blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us. He took it out of the way, nailing it to His cross;

EVEN MALACHI 3. IN THE OLD TESTAMENT THAT TALKS ABOUT THE TITHE ADMITS 'THE PURIFYING OF THE LEVI(PRIEST) SO THAT,OFFERINGS WILL BE IN 'RIGHTEOUSNESS' AND NOT WITH THE OLD PETTERN THAT HAS BEEN ANNULED,READ

Malachi 3:1-4

3 “Behold, I send My messenger,
And he will prepare the way before Me.
And the Lord, whom you seek,
Will suddenly come to His temple,
Even the Messenger of the covenant,
In whom you delight.
Behold, He is coming,”
Says the Lord of hosts.
2 “But who can endure the day of His coming?
And who can stand when He appears?
For He is like a refiner’s fire
And like launderers’ soap.
3 He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver;
He will purify the sons of Levi,
And purge them as gold and silver,
That they may offer to the Lord
An offering in righteousness.

For those who think they are to follow God's tithing commands, which of the following do you follow?

THE FIRST TITHE
Leviticus 27:30-33 defines this tithe as a tenth of crops and animals in herds and flocks.
Numbers 18 gives the ordinances, or instructions, for this tithe, and commands this tithe be taken to the Levites.
Purpose of this tithe: to support the Levitical Priesthood.

SECOND TITHE
Deuteronomy 14:22-27: aka The Festival Tithe - a tenth of crops, plus add to that the firstborn animals, and take for the yearly feast.
Purpose of this tithe: “that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always”

THIRD TITHE
Deuteronomy 14:28-29: aka The Three-Year Tithe aka The Poor Tithe - a tenth of crops, kept at home, and invite the Levites, widows, orphans, stranger to eat.
Purpose of this tithe: to feed the poor.

In all three cases, the tithe comes from God's miraculous increase of food from crops and animals, NOT money, and NOT from anyone's income. You can't follow the law by changing the law.

A very long pile of rubbish!
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Knight1(m): 12:34pm On Feb 09, 2012
Pastor Kun, i guess you've had very bad experience with some MOGs. that doesn't make tithing wrong; and think tee jay's explanation is quite clear
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by PastorAIO: 1:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
Pastor Kun:

The day any child I have or any body I am supporting starts paying tithes from the pocket money I give him/her would be the last day I give such a person pocket money. God forbid I raise a mungun.

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy LOL!
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by PastorAIO: 1:07pm On Feb 09, 2012
Let me explain. There are people in 9ja that ask me to send them money and they will be waiting for me to send it till kingdom come. I am not suffering in this winter to support some evil pastor.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by stagger: 4:10pm On Feb 09, 2012
That poster posting that long preachment: who will have time to read that stuff?

Personally, I think students should only pay tithes on any extras they receive and not from their school money. Tithes is paid on an increase, not on total.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by demoheart: 4:11pm On Feb 09, 2012
In that case pastor's should pa TAX to Fashola!!!
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Outstrip(f): 4:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
No unless they earn income. Pocket money is not earned income.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by ImaIma1(f): 4:23pm On Feb 09, 2012
hmmm anoda tithe issue. hmm

some pple jst like to create debates n controversies even when they already know what they want to do.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 09, 2012
I keep wondering why this issue of paying tithes keeps coming up angry

Nobody forces anyone to pay tithes,We are no longer under the law, But if you fear and trust God i believe you should. However from a student if you work then pay tithe but pay it happily, God is not intrested in a person that gives his tithe grudginly.

Paying tithe is for your own good because Heavens is not going Broke angry
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 09, 2012
D pastorz diz days put soo much pressure on us, We re still tryin to manage our pocket money,
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by ImaIma1(f): 4:34pm On Feb 09, 2012
melesky:

I keep wondering why this issue of paying tithes keeps coming up angry

Nobody forces anyone to pay tithes,We are no longer under the law, But if you fear and trust God i believe you should. However from a student if you work then pay tithe but pay it happily, God is not intrested in a person that gives his tithe grudginly.

Paying tithe is for your own good because Heavens is not going Broke angry

nice!!

its a personal thing.not a matter for debate.its really not by force.poster no one will impose it on u.

i bliv u hd alrdy made up ur mind b4 u came to NL for advice. just do wht goes down well with u.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Eltonluigi(m): 4:42pm On Feb 09, 2012
Wondering if these pro-tithe agitators are even law abiding citizens by paying tax or didn't Jesus advocate paying of tax by saying "give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar and what belongs to God to God''?? Clearly these hypocrites wouldn't adhere to the above quote. Smh!
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 09, 2012
Adeboye and oyedepo are spiritual fraudsters who will only use your money to service their fleets of Jets.I'm sure they wont ind if students pay tithe better still they can collect it through various offering.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 4:45pm On Feb 09, 2012
NO, A student is NOT suppose to pay tax from his/her pocket money.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by hane(m): 5:01pm On Feb 09, 2012
Students pay tithe? wish people have true understanding what God demands of us (Christians) is greater than this 10 percent magic many rely on today. God is calling us to do greater things with what we have.
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by TEEGBE: 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2012
@Pastor Kun, The day any child I have or any body I am supporting starts paying tithes from the pocket money I give him/her would be the last day I give such a person pocket money. God forbid I raise a mungun.

That is because u are shallow minded, i hope u dnt bring the devourer upon ur children as a result of negligence

IF YOU DONT PAY YOUR TITHE, THE DEVOURER WILL SURELY TAKE IT FROM YOU. MALACHI 3 VS 1 TO THE END.

WAKE UP FROM YOUR SLUMBER AND DNT LET THE DEVIL CHEAT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. cool
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by means(m): 5:20pm On Feb 09, 2012
hmmm, my people eyes don dey open small small, but e still dey pain me say the most gullible dem no dey come nairaland,
JUDGEMENT OF GOD BEGINS FROM THE HOUSE OF GOD
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by SoftVersion(m): 5:28pm On Feb 09, 2012
I think the problem is that we don't serve God in Spirit, Truth, and Faith. Remember Paul said in the Bible dat what does not come out of Faith is a SIN. Are you giving money to the church(Christ) or to the pastor, I can go to any church and donate all my pocket money as tithe or offering, who cares if the pastor is gonna use the money to buy a private jet, I leave that to God to judge because the pastor ain't hustling me but God. Give with Faith, Truth and Spirit cuz that's xterics of our Heavenly Father
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Enigma(m): 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2012
What about infants? During naming ceremonies, they often get given some money --- should the infants be tithing on that? 

cool
Re: Should Students Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 5:31pm On Feb 09, 2012
means:

hmmm, my people eyes don dey open small small, but e still dey pain me say the most gullible dem no dey come nairaland,
JUDGEMENT OF GOD BEGINS FROM THE HOUSE OF GOD

Same way i feel. i wish most of the deceived knows about this site. Anyway, God knows how to deliver His people when the time comes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Billyonaire, Kindly Accept My Supernatural Challenge To A Bet Amount / Christian Association Of Nigeria: Violation Of Religious Right / Exclusive: The Messy Details Of Pastor Chris’ Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.