Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? (1797 Views)

How Did You Propose? / Guys, What Would You Do If You Propose To Her In Public & She Embarrasses You? / Guys! Before You Propose To Her In Public, Ask These Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by hibiscus76(f): 3:43pm On Jan 20, 2018
It's seems to be the latest trend.. cheesy cheesy cheesy
At first, I thought it was usually a staged act till it became obvious ladies don't care anymore.
As for me, I'll still stick to waiting for my man to come around cuz I'm certain he isn't far...

But lemme hear from y'all ladies. What's your take?
Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 20, 2018
Keep waiting grin
Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Blackhawk01: 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2018
Nope. If he's too blind and insensitive to get the numerous hints I'll drop, I gotta bounce.
Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by hibiscus76(f): 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2018
greiboy:
Keep waiting grin
lol, gerrarahia

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Shayneward1: 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2018
It's a bad idea.
Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by LessNoise: 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2018
greiboy:
Keep waiting grin

Seconded sex doll ti take over grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2018
hibiscus76:
lol, gerrarahia
Get a chair and something to eat, you might be waiting for a while grin

Sex dolls have taken over grin
Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Martinez19(m): 4:30pm On Jan 20, 2018
As a feminist, here is my take.

Male and female are equal and deserving of equal opportunities and integrity. If a man can propose, a woman can propose too. Infact, if a woman proposes to me and I like her, I will marry her. If a man can be the breadwinner of a family, a woman can be the breadwinner too. If a man can be a danfo driver..... wink

If a woman propose to me, I won't see anything wrong in that. Woman do fall in love and it should not be wrong for them to go after the one they love and make their intentions known to them. Feminism is a hallmark of a civilised mentality.

However if you want to stick to waiting for a man, no problem as we are all free beings.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Acidosis(m): 4:48pm On Jan 20, 2018
Martinez19:

Male and female are equal and deserving of equal opportunities and integrity. If a man can propose, a woman can propose too. Infact, if a woman proposes to me and I like her, I will marry her. If a man can be the breadwinner of a family, a woman can be the breadwinner too. If a man can be a danfo driver..... wink

If a woman propose to me, I won't see anything wrong in that. Woman do fall in love and it should not be wrong for them to go after the one they love and make their intentions known to them. Feminism is a hallmark of a civilised mentality.

However if you want to stick to waiting for a man, no problem as we are all free beings.

Oga Feminist, hope your family will receive Bride Groom's price from your girl?

Talking about equal opportunity, hope you would be ready to get pregnant for your girl if given the "opportunity"?

Men and women are not the same, both are unique in their own way

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Martinez19(m): 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2018
Acidosis:

Oga Feminist, hope your family will receive [s]Bride[/b] Groom's price from your girl?
I don't believe in bride price. Two people who love each other and have all it takes to "settle down" should be allowed and encouraged to go freely and "settle down."

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by IAMSASHY(f): 7:38pm On Jan 20, 2018
undecided dere is a limit to wat a woman can do,women can Neva occupy d position of men,it's not in d place of women to make d move towards starting up a family,it's a man's duty. The way men and women reason differs,b4 a man could tink abt proposal, he must have taught abt d future, his upcoming family and even his unborn kids school fees bc he will be the one to bear most expenses but place women in dat position,they will only consider their age and d numerous outstanding weddings of their friends.
Men remain men, ntin will eva take their position
Martinez19:

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Shayneward1: 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2018
Martinez19:

IAMSASHY(f): 7:38pm
dere is a limit to wat a woman can do,women can Neva occupy d position of men,it's not in d place of women to make d move towards starting up a family,it's a man's duty. The way men and women reason differs,b4 a man could tink abt proposal, he must have taught abt d future, his upcoming family and even his unborn kids school fees bc he will be the one to bear most expenses but place women in dat position,they will only consider their age and d numerous outstanding weddings of their friends.

A lady teaching you what it takes to be a man shame

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 20, 2018
This Martinez19 guy is such an ignorant buffoon.
Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Oyindidi(f): 8:00pm On Jan 20, 2018
How you want keep mouth tell man sey marry me?

Girl: Marcus, will marry me?

Guy: yes, I will!

E no go well abeggrin for me, I be shy baby, I for no fit try amgrin
Na Adam go meet Eve no be Eve go meet am.
Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Martinez19(m): 8:11pm On Jan 20, 2018
Spasmic:
This Martinez19 guy is such an ignorant buffoon.
I am not an ignorant buffoon. I am only thinking with my head. I don't subscribe to convention and stereotype just like that, I reason first. It's clear you haven't broken out yet to attain the mentality of a civilised man that can think for himself.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by donstan18: 8:14pm On Jan 20, 2018
Shayneward1:

A lady teaching you what it takes to be a man shame
Fvvck!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Martinez19(m): 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2018
IAMSASHY:
undecided dere is a limit to wat a woman can do,women can Neva occupy d position of men,it's not in d place of women to make d move towards starting up a family,it's a man's duty. The way men and women reason differs,b4 a man could tink abt proposal, he must have taught abt d future, his upcoming family and even his unborn kids school fees bc he will be the one to bear most expenses but place women in dat position,they will only consider their age and d numerous outstanding weddings of their friends.
Oh shut up your mouth and think. Nonsense! Who says a woman can't make the move of starting a family? Who the hell are you to say such? Who made it so that a woman can't initiate the move? Women and men in this case are equally capable of starting a relationship and making plans ahead. Break away from sheepishly subscribing to cultural convention and stereotyping, reason first and think for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 20, 2018
Martinez19:
I am not an ignorant buffoon. I am only thinking with my head. I don't subscribe to convention and stereotype just like that, I reason first. It's clear you haven't broken out yet to attain the mentality of a civilised man that can think for himself.

Men and women aren't the same. The brains of men and women are wired differently. Men and women have evolved to have different needs and possess different traits. The gender roles that you are trying to modify didn't just manifest arbitrarily from some vacuum. They are that way because they represent the nature men and women.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 20, 2018
Martinez19:
Oh shut up your mouth and think. Nonsense! Who says a woman can't make the move of starting a family? Who the hell are you to say such? Who made it so that a woman can't initiate the move? Women and men in this case are equally capable of starting a relationship and making plans ahead. Break away from sheepishly subscribing to cultural convention and stereotyping, reason first and think for yourself.

Women can't make the move to start a family or take the driving seat in a relationship because women always prefer partners that are higher than them in all relevant hierarchies like power, wealth, status, intelligence, physical strength and emotional strength, and they are usually happier and satisfied when in a relationship with such men. Women prefer to play the subordinate role in a relationship because that's how they are wired. The vast majority of women don't want partners that would be subordinate to them, rather they prefer a dominant partner who would take the lead role in the relationship. The reverse is the case for men.
Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Martinez19(m): 8:36pm On Jan 20, 2018
Spasmic:

Men and women aren't the same. The brains of men and women are wired differently. Men and woman have evolved to have different needs and possess different traits. The gender roles that you are trying to modify didn't just manifest arbitrarily from some vacuum. They are that way because they represent the nature men and women.
Stop that rubbish of associating "brain of men and women are wired differently" in this case. Most of the practices in relationships we see today came from the ideology that a man is better and superior to a woman. The practices of man being seen as the head of the family, men being seen as the heir, the clamouring of a male child, women don't talk when men are talking etc. are all testament to this ideology. This has always been with human beings since history if you doubt it, take a look at your indigenous culture and it's history and read the quran and bible on how women are to be treated and how man is made from a woman undecided. Surprisingly, even women have bought into it.

I admit that men and women's brain may have differences in wiring but in this case, it's obvious and by virtue of common sense that men and women can perform equally in this regard. I rest my case

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by makydebbie(f): 8:40pm On Jan 20, 2018
I'll drop hints, green, yellow and red lights. If he doesn't get it, that's the end. I'm sure in our conversations too, marriage will crop up and I'll know his take.
To your question, no I can't.
Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Martinez19(m): 8:44pm On Jan 20, 2018
Spasmic:

Women can't make the move to start a family or take the driving seat in a relationship because women always prefer partners that are higher than them in all relevant hierarchies like power, wealth, status, intelligence, physical strength and emotional strength, and they are usually happier and satisfied when in a relationship with such men. Women prefer to play the subordinate role in a relationship because that's how they are wired. The vast majority of women don't want partners that would be subordinate to them, rather they prefer a dominant partner who would take the lead role in the relationship. The reverse is the case for men.
The difference in wiring of the male and female? So women that are proposing and writing love letter nko? What are you saying sir? undecided women don't like to be subordinate by default, it has been passed down from generation to generation and was started by greedy and wicked men who saw the female gender as being superior to the male gender.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Martinez19(m): 8:45pm On Jan 20, 2018
Spasmic:

The difference in wiring of the male and female? So women that are proposing and writing love letter nko? What are you saying sir? undecided women like to play the subordinate role by default? , the subordination of the female gender is something that has been passed down from generation to generation and was started by greedy and wicked men who saw the female gender as being inferior to the male gender.

I am a man and I hate the subordination of women and introducing inequality between both genders.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 20, 2018
I've been proposed to before, and since I'm still very young and not ready for marriage, I took it as a joke, but I knew she was damm serious..

When love is on the brain according to rihana..
Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Twoclans(f): 8:46pm On Jan 20, 2018
@ OP yes a woman could.

But really for me all this public proposals are just drama.

If I ever decide to propose to a guy its going to be in private.
Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2018
Martinez19:
Stop that rubbish of associating "brain of men and women are wired differently" in this case. Most of the practices in relationships we see today came from the ideology that a man is better and superior to a woman. The practices of man being seen as the head of the family, men being seen as the heir, the clamouring of a male child, women don't talk when men are talking etc. are all testament to this ideology. This has always been with human beings since history if you doubt it, take a look at your indigenous culture and it's history and read the quran and bible on how women are to be treated and how man is made from a woman undecided. Surprisingly, even women have bought into it.

I admit that men and women's brain may have differences in wiring but in this case, it's obvious and by virtue of common sense that men and women can perform equally in this regard. I rest my case

No. Men and women can't perform equally in every sphere of life. Even in careers men and women tend to differ significantly in their career choices, and this isn't socially mediated.
There is a reason for this and THE REASON IS BIOLOGICAL and it's the same reason why women tend to possess different behavioral traits from men and these traits influence how they approach relationships.

Yes, ancient cultures were hard on women, but this doesn't invalidate my claim that men and women are different. Even in our day with all the cultural progress humanity has made, and with all the wealth of knowledge that's been accumulated throughout history, women still have needs that are different from that of men, and these needs reflect their nature. If you carry out a survey right now and ask 100 women to tell you the kind of relationship they want, majority if not all of them would say they want a dominant man who would take the lead role in their relationship. Their response wouldn't be as a result of social conditioning or the oppressive patriarchal structures of society, but it would be a reflection of their biological dispositions.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 20, 2018
Martinez19:
biko if u ain't a feminist card carrying member then u not authentic cheesy.too many imposters passing off as feminist these dayscheesy.
Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Acidosis(m): 9:14pm On Jan 20, 2018
Martinez19:
I don't believe in bride price. Two people who love each other and have all it takes to "settle down" should be allowed and encouraged to go freely and "settle down."

I only pity the woman that will fall for your beliefs.

The true man in you will manifest shortly after your wedding.
Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Twoclans(f): 9:14pm On Jan 20, 2018
lefulefu:
biko if u ain't a feminist card carrying member then u not authentic cheesy.too many imposters passing off as feminist these dayscheesy.

Lefulefu : one question for you .if a lady you love with the correct ukwu in place proposes to you ,what is likely to be your reaction?
Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Martinez19(m): 9:15pm On Jan 20, 2018
Spasmic:

No. Men and women can't perform equally in every sphere of life. Even in careers men and women tend to differ significantly in their career choices, and this isn't socially mediated.
There is a reason for this and THE REASON IS BIOLOGICAL and it's the same reason why women tend to possess different behavioral traits from men and these traits influence how they approach relationships.

Yes, ancient cultures were hard on women, but this doesn't invalidate my claim that men and women are different. Even in our day with all the cultural progress humanity has made, and with all the wealth of knowledge that's been accumulated throughout history, women still have needs that are different from that of men, and these needs reflect their nature. If you carry out a survey right now and ask 100 women to tell you the kind of relationship they want, majority if not all of them would say they want a dominant man who would take the lead role in their relationship. Their response wouldn't be as a result of social conditioning or the oppressive patriarchal structures of society, but it would be a reflection of their biological dispositions.
lol know that men and women are not literally equal. I can spot many biological difference. Nevertheless, there are a lot of areas where women and men can perform equally and to induce and enforce inequality in such areas, against the female gender, is the true subordination and of females. Okay.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Martinez19(m): 9:18pm On Jan 20, 2018
Acidosis:

I only pity the woman that will fall for your beliefs.

The true man in you will manifest shortly after your wedding.
I am a kind hearted man and a rational one. I will love my woman, cherish her, share the house chores, cooking and washing of plate with her. Shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Come In Here....can You Propose To Your Man? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 20, 2018
Martinez19:
lol know that men and women are not literally equal. I can spot many biological difference. Nevertheless, there are a lot of areas where women and men can perform equally and to induce and enforce inequality in such areas, against the female gender, is the true subordination and of females. Okay.

Can you give me one of these many areas where inequality is being enforced against the female gender?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beautifully Designed Ankara Trouser And Shirt For Women and Girls / Nothing Can Dry My Sorrow / Serious Minded Man Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.