Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,622 members, 7,955,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:29 PM

Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union (38784 Views)

Xenophobia: South Africans Looking For Nigerians & Other Foreigners (Photos) / Xenophobia In South Africa: Nigerians Run During An Early Morning Attack / Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by niger2020(m): 5:35am On Jan 21, 2018
infofta:
Many Nigerians are criminals over there. I know because I was there. They hid themselves in their communities and towns. The ones in the cities do internet fraud.
Only post that makes sense so far...truth must be told

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by zoomman(m): 6:14am On Jan 21, 2018
DollarAngel:

OVER YOU
FIA
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by job1(m): 7:32am On Jan 21, 2018
maximunimpact:
The Nigerian Community in South Africa said on Saturday that a mob destroyed four shops and several houses belonging to their members at Krugersdorp, near Johannesburg.

A Nigerian owned shop burned at Krugersdorp
Mr Cyril James, the Ward Chairman of the Nigerian Union in the area, told newsmen on the telephone from Johannesburg, South Africa that the attacks began on Jan. 18.

James said that the mob alleged that a Nigerian abducted a South African girl and raped her.

“ The South Africans attacked our homes and shops, destroyed all we have. Many Nigerians suffered severe injuries during the attack. We have left our homes for safety because they (South Africans) are regrouping to attack us again,” he said.

James urged the Nigerian mission to urgently intervene before the mob kills a Nigerian.

According to him, the safety of Nigerians in Krugersdorp is no more guaranteed because there is no help.

Mr Adetola Olubajo, President of the union, said that the situation in the area was bad.

“ I can confirm that Nigerians in the area have been attacked. I am amazed and emotionally down as calls from panicked Nigerians flooded my phone from various Provinces.

Flat occupied by a Nigerian burned by the mob
“ The South African government needs to be engaged at the highest level to avoid further loss of lives and property of our citizens,” he said.

Olubajo said that two Nigerians had been killed in South Africa in Rustenburg and Durban since the attacks began.

“ Two Nigerians have been killed, many displaced and injured in fresh Xenophobic attacks and extra-judicial killing,” he said.

Two weeks ago, more than five Nigerian owned shops and houses were burnt at Rustenburg, North West Province by Taxi Drivers.

The drivers alleged that Nigerians sold drugs to a gang that attacked their members and that a Nigerian abducted and raped a 16-year old South African girl.

The union denied the allegations. “ After our investigation, no Nigerian has been arrested for the rape or drug offence. The allegations are false and spurious, “ the union said.

NAN

https://www.liftedelvis.com/2018/01/xenophobia-mob-destroys-4-nigerian-shops-houses-in-s-africa-union/
This is sad, please, if you can get hold of the rapist, kindly hand him over to law enforcement officers, I don't know why you will do such things in a foreign country when you know how volatile things can be. Secondly it could be a set up.
I believe south Africans are living in Nigeria too.
If we don't hurt their citizens once or twice, this won't stop.
Is Abike Dabiri still holding that position in nigerian government?
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by fajob: 8:30am On Jan 21, 2018
When will they change their minds Na waoh

www.jolagict.com(ICT Expert)
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Hollaryeenqah: 9:21am On Jan 21, 2018
Outside Nigeria is not safe, inside Nigeria is not safe either... Where is now safe ?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 21, 2018
happy200:
U knw wat? i wnt to open a thread now and explain why xenophobia will never stop in SA. Not this things u are talking here
No need for that,rather open a thread and explain how Indonesia will never stop hanging your bros over there and also explain why the Mediterranean Sea is swallowing your youth everyday

Until illegal immigrants take a heed that they are not wanted in SA xenophobia will always be there,IT WILL NEVER STOP

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 21, 2018
Diso60090:
South Africa need war let's give them war front
Boko Haram also needs war...oh wait

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by LeSudAfricaine: 10:47am On Jan 21, 2018
Caseywilliams:
south africa and xenophobic attack are like 5 & 6
so is Nigeria with fraud, ritualism, drug pushing, human trafficking, arrogance, prostitution rings and just about every other vice known to man

5 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by LeSudAfricaine: 10:48am On Jan 21, 2018
hoezit Jayceon
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by LeSudAfricaine: 10:50am On Jan 21, 2018
Mariangeles:
They are nothing but xenophobic beasts
so says a ritual cannibal

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 21, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
hoezit Jayceon
sure LeSud

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by LeSudAfricaine: 10:52am On Jan 21, 2018
Jonathan:
Woe betide what ever thing that will compel me to set foot in that miserable HIV infested country.

I detest those south Africans with passion.
One of the reasons why I hated that bigbrother9ja show and never watched it. WHY SHOULD BBN SHOW BE AIRED FROM SOUTH AFRICA WHAT RUBBISH!

Nigerians there should come home and make your country better. I'm tired of hearing this type of story regularly.
whether you love us or hate us it makes no difference...you are stuck in that shhthole

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by LeSudAfricaine: 10:55am On Jan 21, 2018
ghostmist:
There is no justification for this. Stop trying to rationalize their uncivilized behavior.
you are sticking your neck for criminals just because they are Nigerian
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by LeSudAfricaine: 11:03am On Jan 21, 2018
Jayceon:
sure LeSud
how is the new year so far my outhi?
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by happy200(m): 11:04am On Jan 21, 2018
Jayceon:
No need for that,rather open a thread and explain how Indonesia will never stop hanging your bros over there and also explain why the Mediterranean Sea is swallowing your youth everyday

Until illegal immigrants take a heed that they are not wanted in SA xenophobia will always be there,IT WILL NEVER STOP
Their are alot u don't know my friend. South Africa is the only country in Africa that never askd for independent they only asked for ''freedom'' freedom to do what? ''freedom to talk, use internet, and go to their towns'' hence u guys don't know whites are manipulation u against all ur African brothers. Continue u have freedom now cos u know before now if u talk or go to town u 'll be killed.
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by happy200(m): 11:06am On Jan 21, 2018
That is why u can sit ur lazy Ass and talk now. Do u know what Zimbabeans, Libyan's and Nigerians are facing in the hands of these manipulators?.
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by LeSudAfricaine: 11:08am On Jan 21, 2018
infofta:
Many Nigerians are criminals over there. I know because I was there. They hid themselves in their communities and towns. The ones in the cities do internet fraud.
this should wrap the thread up. Ladies, Gents one of your own has spoken

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by LeSudAfricaine: 11:10am On Jan 21, 2018
happy200:
Their are alot u don't know my friend. South Africa is the only country in Africa that never askd for independent they only asked for ''freedom'' freedom to do what? ''freedom to talk, use internet, and go to their towns'' hence u guys don't know whites are manipulation u against all ur African brothers. Continue u have freedom now cos u know before now if u talk or go to town u 'll be killed.
you try to pass of as some pseudo intellectual but it won't work, you can't come to our country and run riot and then blame white people ahh ahh

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 21, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
how is the new year so far my outhi?
I'm enjoying 2018 my broer. NL is still filled with bitter and frustrated people which I use for entertainment grin

wena??
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 21, 2018
happy200:
just shut up and go read some books

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by LeSudAfricaine: 11:18am On Jan 21, 2018
Jayceon:
just shut up and go read some books
Le Pseudo Intellectualegringrin

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by LeSudAfricaine: 11:19am On Jan 21, 2018
Jayceon:
I'm enjoying 2018 my broer. NL is still filled with bitter and frustrated people which I use for entertainment grin

wena??
same here bro, clowns galore here gringrin so far is kinda boring hey
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 21, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
same here bro, clowns galore here gringrin so far is kinda boring hey
yup the same repeated rants are now old
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by ghostmist: 11:36am On Jan 21, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
you are sticking your neck for criminals just because they are Nigerian
were they convicted by any court of competent jurisdiction? so, who exactly declared them "criminals "?

How come the same mob do not go about burning the houses and businesses of South African criminals? or maybe they conveniently developed "selective amnesia " to criminals of South African origin and would rather take out their frustrations on peaceful law abiding foreigners.
the criminals in my opinion are those callous, depraved and frustrated individuals that came together to attack foreigners in their midst.

you do not have to support this dastardly acts just because the perpetrators are your kinsmen.
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by LeSudAfricaine: 11:41am On Jan 21, 2018
ghostmist:
were they convicted by any court of competent jurisdiction? so, who exactly declared them "criminals "?
lol, if you see a criminal carjacking someone do you need a court to the declare the carjacker a criminal?
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by ghostmist: 11:57am On Jan 21, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
lol, if you see a criminal carjacking someone do you need a court to the declare the carjacker a criminal?
The bulk of the time, the average "frustrated" South African do not need any reason whatsoever to start attacking perceived foreigners.

That was how they ended up killing Lucky Dube cos' the idiots thought he was a Nigerian.

I'm beginning to think there's a need for " mass sensitization" of the south African black populace. They need to learn to hold their government responsible for its apparent failures and not attribute same to law abiding foreigners doing business in South Africa.
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by LeSudAfricaine: 12:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
ghostmist:
The bulk of the time, the average "frustrated" South African do not need any reason whatsoever to start attacking perceived foreigners.

That was how they ended up killing Lucky Dube cos' the idiots thought he was a Nigerian.

I'm beginning to think there's a need for " mass sensitization" of the south African black populace. They need to learn to hold their government responsible for its apparent failures and not attribute same to law abiding foreigners doing business in South Africa.
everytime you open your mouth you sound dumber than the last time. so what? I meet a Nigerian in the street then what? I ask " Are you Nigerian?". then what I killed them? does this even make sense? you are killed in India and Malaysia in large numbers have you asked yourself why?

Lucky Dube was killed by Mozambicans who mistaken him for a Nigerian, just goes to show how the entire African populace hates your guts. you honestly need to do research before opening your smelly gob in public, it's embarrassing

Mass sensitisation must start in that cave called Nigeria, learn some manners learn how to behave abroad, start steps to fix your appalling reputation which known all over hold your governmen which is seemingly failing you to the point you are modern slaves for the Libyans, drown everyday in oceans and your women prostituting in Europe, killed like chickens in India etc. funny you kill each for kidneys and livers all in the name of money, kill women stuff their bodies with drugs send their bodies back to their countries , you marry toddlers and stone adulterers in the name of religion , Nigerians are the embodiment of what's wrong with Africa and you come here to tell is that we need mass sensitisation? haa!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by jonadaft: 1:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
whether you love us or hate us it makes no difference...you are stuck in that shhthole
Fûck off
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by ghostmist: 1:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
everytime you open your mouth you sound dumber than the last time. so what? I meet a Nigerian in the street then what? I ask " Are you Nigerian?". then what I killed them? does this even make sense? you are killed in India and Malaysia in large numbers have you asked yourself why?

Lucky Dube was killed by Mozambicans who mistaken him for a Nigerian, just goes to show how the entire African populace hates your guts. you honestly need to do research before opening your smelly gob in public, it's embarrassing

Mass sensitisation must start in that cave called Nigeria, learn some manners learn how to behave abroad, start steps to fix your appalling reputation which known all over hold your governmen which is seemingly failing you to the point you are modern slaves for the Libyans, drown everyday in oceans and your women prostituting in Europe, killed like chickens in India etc. funny you kill each for kidneys and livers all in the name of money, kill women stuff their bodies with drugs send their bodies back to their countries , you marry toddlers and stone adulterers in the name of religion , Nigerians are the embodiment of what's wrong with Africa and you come here to tell is that we need mass sensitisation? haa!
I understand the truth is unpalatable, nonetheless, it must be said.

This thread wasn't created to discuss the ills of Nigeria but the violent, sadistic and uncivilized methods employed by South Africans to antagonize foreigners living in South Africa. Stick to the topic.

Your attempt to make it appear like law abiding Nigerians have some inherent issues that necessitates this unwanton attacks from South Africans is testament to how twisted your mind is.

It is on record that this unprovoked attacks by deranged South Africans has been extended to virtually all "black African" communities resident in South Africa. so, your inane attempt to call out Nigerians as the only victims is rather stupid to say the least.

I shall reiterate one more time...the black South African populace need to be "mass sensitized" on how to live and relate with foreigners of sub Saharan origin living amongst them. They need to do away with envy and jealousy and take recourse to the rule of law in addressing perceived grievances.
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Joemtu: 1:41pm On Jan 21, 2018
Can someone tell nigerians to stop selling drugs in south africa..stop destroying other nations.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by ghostmist: 1:50pm On Jan 21, 2018
Joemtu:
Can someone tell nigerians to stop selling drugs in south africa..stop destroying other nations.
I'm beginning to think y'all are mentally deranged...

so, if South Africans are shooting themselves up, the fault lies with Nigerians resident in South Africa.

Every time you guys want to start your madness, you bring up this mundane line about drugs that no one frankly believes anymore.

Why not hold your government responsible so they come up with an effective means of tackling the rising drug problem of South Africa. It is nobody's fault.
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Joemtu: 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
They have been sold into slavery in libya but they refuse to accept their ills,they have been sentenced to death in Malaysia and indonesia but they cant see their ills.their daughters are prostituting in europe..but they dont see their shortcomin.they are hated for selling drugs in south africa..but they refuse to change.In their country they import wat they have and they export to neighbouring nation wat they dont have..but they dont see their ills..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ex-girlfriend Set Lover’s Shop Ablaze / Cousin Accused Of Killing The Man Exhumed From Grave In Anambra (Pix, Video) / Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.