Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,913 members, 7,838,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu (689 Views)

Okupe’s Lawyer Writes Linda Ikeji, Demands Immediate Apology. / FFK'S Take On Ribadu's Defection And Apc's Reaction. / Oyinlola Writes Jonathan, Offers To Quit PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu by Beaf: 12:32am On Apr 14, 2010
[size=14pt]Nwude: US lawyer writes Jonathan, faults attacks on Ribadu[/size]
By Tony Amokeodo, Published: Wednesday, 14 Apr 2010

An American lawyer, Mr. William Richey, has faulted the recent attacks on former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, over the disposal of forfeited assets of some convicts, including Emmanuel Nwude.

In a letter addressed to Acting President Goodluck Jonathan, Richey stated that he led the investigation and prosecution of the worldwide recovery effort that flowed from the 419 theft of $242m by some Nigerians from Branco Noroeste of Brazil.

He added that the criticism of Ribadu, his former Director of Operations, Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde and their officials were without merit.

The American lawyer also sent a copy of the letter to the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Adoke (SAN).

A copy of the letter was made available to our correspondent in Lagos on Tuesday.

Richey said, “The criticisms are being levied by the very criminals who were successfully prosecuted and who in the end admitted their guilt in the open court. The confessed lead fraudster agreed to repay $120m as part of his guilty plea.”

He added that it was regrettable that the fraudster was seeking to delay the ultimate forfeiture to the victims of stolen proceeds through the abuse of the appellate process of Nigerian courts.

He further decried the attention given to the fraudster by the current leadership of the EFCC.

On Ribadu and Lamorde’s integrity, Richey informed Jonathan, “The only reason we were willing to bring the 419 theft case for resolution in Nigeria, where it belonged, was because of the good standing and reputation for honesty and integrity of the EFCC and Ribadu with international law enforcement. The convictions and guilty pleas and the recovery of much of the stolen money were a direct result of the hard work, competence and integrity of the EFCC.

“Ribadu and Lamorde are national treasures of Nigeria. They bring honour to the country and are regarded with warmth, admiration and respect by legitimate law enforcement agencies in the US and around the world.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201004144181367
Re: American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu by nethacker(m): 12:54am On Apr 14, 2010
meanwhile our own stupid,senseless IGP Onovo/volvo grin grin grin grin grin sees ribadu as a threat, can't wait for him to come back n finish his work grin grin
Re: American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu by desgiezd(m): 1:06am On Apr 14, 2010
Im sure they are all getting jittery now and I think this is why Farida & Co are alledging that Ribadu wrongly sold the properties seized from fraudsters even when he did no such thing.
Re: American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu by nethacker(m): 1:14am On Apr 14, 2010
desgiezd:

Im sure they are all getting jittery now and I think this is why Farida & Co are alledging that Ribadu wrongly sold the properties seized from fraudsters even when he did no such thing.
i for 1, from inception, I hv been skeptical abt waziri's action and dimension on anti-corruption . They all knew they lied and the time has come for the light to shine grin grin
Ibori is already missing grin grin grin grin nxt is aondoaka grin grin then odili. we need that supreme court justice dat sent Bode george to jail to be at alert to pass judgement on all these scoundrels grin grin
Re: American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu by desgiezd(m): 1:25am On Apr 14, 2010
nethacker:

we need that supreme court justice dat sent Bode george to jail to be at alert to pass judgement on all these scoundrels

The judge is not a Supreme Court judge but a judge in Lagos High Court. However it was in the evening papers that Lagos State recommended him for promotion to the Appeal Court but his state, Osun, objected it.

http://thepmnews.com/2010/04/13/bode-georges-trial-judge-in-trouble
Re: American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu by nethacker(m): 1:29am On Apr 14, 2010
desgiezd:

The judge is not a Supreme Court judge but a judge in Lagos High Court. However it was in the evening papers that Lagos State recommended him for promotion to the Appeal Court but his state, Osun, objected it.

http://thepmnews.com/2010/04/13/bode-georges-trial-judge-in-trouble
Thats another problem in Nigeria. How can the recommendation for his promotin be objected by his state shocked shocked something is wrong somewhere. can u imagine angry angry
Re: American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu by puskin: 1:36am On Apr 14, 2010
Thats another problem in Nigeria. How can the recommendation for his promotin be objected by his state Shocked Shocked something is wrong somewhere. can u imagine

Ehn!!! What else do U expect. . . . . thats Naija 4U.
Re: American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu by nethacker(m): 1:38am On Apr 14, 2010
puskin:

Ehn!!! What else go U expect. . . . . thats Naija 4U.
seriously puskin its pathetic. Nigerian leaders r fond of not celebrating success dnt knw y cry embarassed
Re: American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu by desgiezd(m): 1:45am On Apr 14, 2010
Osun State can never be happy with him because the state is presently being controlled by PDP and Bode George is a PDP top shot.
Re: American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu by nethacker(m): 1:48am On Apr 14, 2010
desgiezd:

Osun State can never be happy with him because the state is presently being controlled by PDP and Bode George is a PDP top shot.
u just said my mind.hmmmm their time is coming grin grin
Re: American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu by Nobody: 3:32am On Apr 14, 2010
A society is in trouble when a man who testified in a court of law to have perpetrated fraud becomes the moral compus of that society.

That Farida Waziri will go as far as seeking info from Emmanuel Nwude in other to get anything to nail Ribadu is troubling.
Re: American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu by nethacker(m): 3:35am On Apr 14, 2010
mikeansy:

A society is in trouble when a man who testified in a court of law to have perpetrated fraud becomes the moral compus of that society.

That Farida Waziri will go as far as seeking info from Emmanuel Nwude in other to get anything to nail Ribadu is troubling.
Its so sad my brother, at d bolded, wen i heard that info,i tot i was reading it in a novel, WAZIRI trying to NAIL RIBADU, wat an IRONY, now she will be reporting to ribadu grin grin grin
Re: American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu by nethacker(m): 5:51am On Apr 14, 2010
metal-gong:

And what do you think you are? . . . . Irredeemeable nincompoop!! sad
r u so dumb that u cant contribute meaningfully to this thread sad did u see any1 attack themselves here if u dnt hv strength don't lift heavy burdens,if your ideas r senseless and worthless,keep your stinking n silly mouth shut angry angry
good-4-nothing , celebrated IDIOT angry angry
Re: American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu by nethacker(m): 6:43am On Apr 14, 2010
metal-gong:

Keep on ranting like a rabbies infested dog . . . . . .nkita ajo ofia!!
As I said earlier, you are an irredeemeable nincompoop. sad
I dnt knw y some glorified fool with jst a N100 cybertime will come online to post rubbish. Is onovo ur brother/father or perhaps he is d one feeding ur family.
Get busy my guy and dont waste the N100 u r meant to use for food, ok? we ain't of the same class
Got to log outta here b4 some ill-fated newbie starts barking grin grin grin grin
Go ahead aluminium-gong onovo grin grin
Re: American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu by Afam(m): 12:46pm On Apr 14, 2010
nethacker:

meanwhile our own silly,senseless IGP Onovo/volvo grin grin grin grin grin sees ribadu as a threat, can't wait for him to come back n finish his work grin grin

No need addressing IGP Onovo as silly and senseless.
Re: American Lawyer Writes Jonathan Faulting Attacks On Ribadu by SapeleGuy: 2:11pm On Apr 14, 2010
I agree with Obama when he said in Ghana that Africa needs strong instituions and not sit tight strong men.

So too it is with Ribadu and others, These people can't be bigger than the nation or the institutions they claim to serve.

They should come home and answer the charges, i'm sure the rule of law and fair trial they accorded others will be reciprocated.

(1) (Reply)

2011: Clarke, Anenih Mobilise For Jonathan / North: Don’t Blame Arewa Consultative Forum For Leadership Failure / Fashola Fires Commissioner, Adviser !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.