Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? (32189 Views)

Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. / Car Wash VS Laundry Shop/dry Cleaning Business / Labourer Won A Saloon Car From Dangote (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:25am On Jan 21, 2018
Go and farm
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by sweetyme001(f): 7:26am On Jan 21, 2018
Use the money to open bet9ja shop in a motor park and come thank me later.
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by ekestic1976(f): 7:27am On Jan 21, 2018
There's nothing like Barbing Salon; it's Barber's Salon! The English word, barb, has nothing in common with dressing of the hair.
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by murphybo(m): 7:27am On Jan 21, 2018
Barbing is a good business if u have a good location and TRUST WORTHY STAFF otherwise... From experience
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Veraatabeh(f): 7:28am On Jan 21, 2018
Babaring salon
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by depezee(m): 7:29am On Jan 21, 2018
Both are good but barber shop is better. Every business needs direct involvement of the owner. If you don't know how to cut hair it will be difficult for you to manage the barber -he can decide to leave your shop on a little misunderstanding with him knowing that you don't know how to barb and your shop will remain locked before you will find another. Try and make a solid agreement with whoever that will run your business wether laundry or barber shop.Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Funky123(f): 7:29am On Jan 21, 2018
hugelyendowed:
Nairalanders,

Pls, I want to invest N250k into a barbing saloon. That's what is on my mind for now. But some other person suggested drycleaning business.

I work with a private firm & earn N75k monthly. I won't be the one to manage the business if I open any. I would get someone to manage it for me.

Please, I need advice.

Or any other suggestion apart from the two mentioned above.

Thanks
I will advise you to go for barbing saloon since you won't be running it yourself,besides laundry requires a large capital

1 Like

Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by pressplay411(m): 7:30am On Jan 21, 2018
hugelyendowed:
Nairalanders,

Pls, I want to invest N250k into a barbing saloon. That's what is on my mind for now. But some other person suggested drycleaning business.

I work with a private firm & earn N75k monthly. I won't be the one to manage the business if I open any. I would get someone to manage it for me.

Please, I need advice.

Thanks

Both are viable businesses.
Unlike those advising you to try both at once I'll suggest you start with one. Managing a business isn't child's play especially when you're doing it by proxy.
So the choice is dependent on which you can provide better service at. Do you have good barbers at your disposal? Who can provide neat next to Next cut?
Do you have good hands that can provide good service at clean neatly packaged laundry service?

Your answer should help you in your decision.
Entrepreneurahip is the way to go especially considering lack of job security besides your salary will look like a week's earning in the nearest future. Wish you all the best.
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by LifeCoachAndre: 7:31am On Jan 21, 2018
There is something called niche or demographic target in business. Now barbing salon is mainly just a male market while laundry is both male and female, hence from a broad perspective laundry may be more dependable. However, there are other factors to consider, such as setup cost, competition in the area and most importantly passion and business knowledge. So ultimately i would advise you to go for what you are passionate about, because passion gives you more energy, focus and will power to keep on going even when things are rough. A wise man once said ....do what you love and would never need to work again wink
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by trumpcoat(m): 7:35am On Jan 21, 2018
You can do both in the same shop/office, all you need to do is to do a dermacation in the shop/office. However if you cant afford that. Then I will advice you pick barbing salon in a very good location,with drycleaned you worry for water,light iron,soap Jik and the rest,but barbing even I pass my neighbour generator is OK,barbing is compulsory for men but not all men do drycleaning they may wash it themselves, wife or younger ones can help out,but Barbing is Mandatory nobody can help out perfectly

1 Like

Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by wawale(m): 7:37am On Jan 21, 2018
I wud advise u to go for barbing salon & give it out on freelance like 5k/ week & all maintenance will be done by who & who, fuelling of gen, clipper maintenance, make sure u have cable.
But d barber wudnt pay u d first month.
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 21, 2018
I prefer that barbing but it depends on the location and how "expert" your manager will be.
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by isaaciog(m): 7:40am On Jan 21, 2018
Barbing is better but make sure that anyone you employed should be paid based on commission on Any amount of sale he makes per day. It should not be paid monthly. My thought.
hugelyendowed:
Nairalanders,

Please, I need advice.

Thanks
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by lonelydora: 7:40am On Jan 21, 2018
hugelyendowed:
Nairalanders,

Please, I need advice.

Thanks

Open a laundry business. You wil recoup your money faster. You can easily get another person to manage it than barbing salon.

1 Like

Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Diso60090(m): 7:41am On Jan 21, 2018
tstx:
It all depends on the area.... In my area laundry is more viable....

Who dey do laundry for AJ
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by 2shure: 7:43am On Jan 21, 2018
nigerians are hopeless.
girls have flooded make up business shiit
while dumbos are reasoning saloon or laundry.
wtf
is that it.
im working on my mini factory..
love-vendor your rims..bodykit....upgrade and suspension lowering..interior upgrade.
big boys do big things

1 Like

Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 21, 2018
ekestic1976:
There's nothing like Barbing Salon; it's Barber's Salon! The English word, barb, has nothing in common with dressing of the hair.

1 Like

Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by bleskid: 7:46am On Jan 21, 2018
go and open shawo place na
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Fiaburnthem: 7:47am On Jan 21, 2018
Barber's salon is okay, it all depends on the location, just like most people have said, you need to look for residential areas or around school environment, but make sure you employ a very good or professional barber to handle the place for you, so as to attract recommendations.... Even if there are other salon around yours, people will still like to patronize you.
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by tstx(m): 7:48am On Jan 21, 2018
Diso60090:

Who dey do laundry for AJ
Na there you dey stay?
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Amarabae(f): 7:50am On Jan 21, 2018
Barber's salon is better and less stressful.
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by selflover(f): 7:51am On Jan 21, 2018
tstx:
It all depends on the area.... In my area laundry is more viable....
pls what area is that
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Diso60090(m): 7:51am On Jan 21, 2018
tstx:
Na there you dey stay?

No'" me na lekki don check my files all na lek
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Niceiroko: 7:51am On Jan 21, 2018
[quote author=VictorRomanov post=64380393]It's easier to manage a barbing saloon since you won't be there in person. You just need to set up the place and let the barber(s) pay you an agreed sum weekly or daily for using your facility. They'll buy the provisions they need themselves. Make proper investigation on the minimum amount a barber can make and remit.[/quote

pls do u know amount bn shared a week
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Amarabae(f): 7:52am On Jan 21, 2018
ekestic1976:

1 Share

Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 21, 2018
Go for a salon. Make it unisex if possible .
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by VictorRomanov: 7:56am On Jan 21, 2018
[quote author=Niceiroko post=64380963][/quote]

I'm sorry i don't
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Krafty006: 7:57am On Jan 21, 2018
Interesting topic.....meaningful comments
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by desthan(m): 7:57am On Jan 21, 2018
@OP

You are about to open a business, that's fine.

Business is about solving people problems so which of the two are you skilled at?

This is the first step to setting up a business. Reason being that if you do not have any knowledge of any and you intend to hire people who have ideas to help you run it, then sorry to put it this way..but you just opened the business for another person and don't expect much.
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by fabby101: 8:00am On Jan 21, 2018
sweetyme001:
In this Buhari period who get money to pay laundry man!!! Use the money to open bet9ja shop in a motor park and come thank me later.
Sweetyme more info pls, interested
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by pahen1991: 8:01am On Jan 21, 2018
I will advice you invest in laundry business. for easy accountability

1 Like

Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 21, 2018
hugelyendowed:
Nairalanders,

Please, I need advice.

Thanks

No be you wan manage am You are just opening business for people to chop!!!!

So long as you are not there, it becomes work-chop for those you employ.

It is a good idea to run a business because you will be employing people but as it stands and from experience, better put the money into stock market where you are the CEO of your portfolio. Just find good investment books and read. With time you will master how to pick good stocks and your capital will grow.

You must make out time for your business. If someone manages it, I can only laugh in pidgin.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar / The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia / Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.