Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? (32309 Views)

Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. / Car Wash VS Laundry Shop/dry Cleaning Business / Labourer Won A Saloon Car From Dangote (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by mccoy47(m): 12:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
sixtus3606:

so who is a perfect candidate?

just curious undecided
A familiar stranger. If u get what i mean.
Familiar in the sense that u know him & his roots (parents, permanent residence, home town etc)
Stranger in the sense that u r not close enuf for him to take u for granted! Hence the fear of how far u would go to get him should he f*ckup!
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by bossrillboss: 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
bathingundecided undecided
Mrjaz:
Bathing is best but pick a good location either residential or a place where there is night life.
undecided
Mrjaz:
Bathing is best but pick a good location either residential or a place where there is night life.
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Scout60(m): 12:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
hugelyendowed:
Nairalanders,

Pls, I want to invest N250k into a barbing saloon. That's what is on my mind for now. But some other person suggested drycleaning business.

I work with a private firm & earn N75k monthly. I won't be the one to manage the business if I open any. I would get someone to manage it for me.

Please, I need advice.

Or any other suggestion apart from the two mentioned above.

Thanks

go for Barbing salon.
u won't spend much in course of management unlike laundry where u will keep on buying kiln, water.
also in laundry, how many people do take their cloth to laundry unlike barbing salon where almost 95% of guys barb
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Scout60(m): 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
hugelyendowed:
Nairalanders,

Pls, I want to invest N250k into a barbing saloon. That's what is on my mind for now. But some other person suggested drycleaning business.

I work with a private firm & earn N75k monthly. I won't be the one to manage the business if I open any. I would get someone to manage it for me.

Please, I need advice.

Thanks
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
Willgates:

So you have sense like this?

Abeg shift.
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by ysalli: 1:09pm On Jan 21, 2018
zinaunreal:

thats like 20k a month . omo eh no make sense abeg. 240k a year. naaah

I'm thinking a business owner not a business runner, someone else is in charge, I have my time doing other things, and what I have like twenty of such, think of how much in a month

1 Like

Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Willgates(m): 1:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
kennygee:

Abeg shift.

LMAO painment grin cheesy
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 21, 2018
Willgates:

LMAO painment grin cheesy

If I hear. I've got too much joy.

Happy Sunday.
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Acidosis(m): 1:44pm On Jan 21, 2018
To run a profitable Barber's shop, you must have lots of customers. Reason being that men do not cut their hair all the time. I cut mine once in 2 weeks. So chances are your customer will not return until after 2-4 weeks.

Laundry on the other can be profitably managed with a few but loyal customers. Emphasis on the word "loyal". Laundry business is not for everyone and that's why it takes less effort to manage. Some customers don't wear a clothe twice in a week. So chances are you will likely get between 5-10 clothes weekly from a customer (the average office worker).

Note this: laundry equally gives you more and proper time for management. You can even decide to wash and iron at night. However, for a barber's shop, the attention of your barber should be available all the time, whether customers walk in or not. I'm afraid, you likely won't be able to get the best person to manage this.

You should consider the human resource aspect of the business. It is easier, cheaper and faster to get a laundry person than a good barber. Nigerian men are very particular when it comes to good styling. If your employee gives them a good cut today, ensure you retain him/her. I personally don't like switching barbers.

Now look at this, even if you end up getting a very loved and dedicated barber, be rest assured that he will someday turn against you, and probably 'steal' your customers. Nigerians are very crafty.

My opinion is this;

Grab the laundry business with both hands because it is easier for you. Sometimes when you're off work, walk into your shop and wash those clothes. Spend your Sundays and Saturdays washing and ironing. That way, you learn the art faster and you also get to improve your business/earnings.

Don't leave an infant business completely in the hands of a stranger. If you can't give a good hair cut, then don't go into it. Your barber will someday confront you and ask for an increased pay or fck off. Why won't he say that when he knows you can't hold a clipper, and he knows very well that he's well loved by his customers?

4 Likes

Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by SensaGreene: 1:52pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hardeybohwarley:
In a world that already include the two, why must you settle for one. Find a better and spacious place and run the two.

Exactly, there's a shop in my estate that runs both. They demarcated the shop properly and both businesses run smoothly
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by sixtus3606(m): 1:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
mccoy47:

A familiar stranger. If u get what i mean.
Familiar in the sense that u know him & his roots (parents, permanent residence, home town etc)
Stranger in the sense that u r not close enuf for him to take u for granted! Hence the fear of how far u would go to get him should he f*ckup!

well, I quite agree with you. However, all the aforementioned details is also in cognizance with family and friends.

As for the issue of bleeping up; anyone can exhibit that. stranger, family and friends. even those you show kindness and friendliness to.

if you do good, some employee could take you for granted. if you are inconsiderate as a boss, theirs every tendency the employee would plan you bleep up.

Remember, human wants are insatiable. it only takes the grace of God and your application of technical leadership strategies.

happy Sunday wink
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by jmichael259(m): 2:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
fabby101:
I want to open another biz with small capital. I am interested in betting biz but I don't know anything about it

Someone that has an idea should pls share

you will need one year shop rent, 1 big generator, 2systems, 1tv for a start. Call the company customer care or super agent to know if they have space for new agent in ur area.

Bet9ja is best prefered but Accessbet, 1960bet, merrybet or any other with good english league virtual will serve in a good location and are much easier and cheaper to open account.
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by 2016v2017: 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2018
mccoy47:
Barbing saloon has lesser running cost compared to laundry.

N/B; Never employ these 2 sets of ppl for your saloon or laundry biz.
1) Family or Friends; They would take your biz for granted and rob u cuz they know dia is a level u won't reach to recover ur money.
2) Religious ppl; They are d biggest hypocrites! They would cloud ur judgment on dem with their religousness and rob u blind!
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by jaychubi: 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
hugelyendowed:
Nairalanders,

Please, I need advice.

Thanks

Car wash plus mini Bar
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by jmichael259(m): 2:13pm On Jan 21, 2018
OgeFather:
please anyone who is willing to talk me thru betting business (betting shop )should mail me thanks .....2018 is the year we'll all make it

Its not hard they will even train you for a week or two just raise money for one year shop rent, 1 big generator, 2systems, 1tv for a start. Call the company customer care or super agent to know if they have space for new agent in ur area.
Bet9ja is best prefered but Accessbet, 1960bet, merrybet or any other with good english league virtual will serve in a good location and are much easier and cheaper to open account.

1 Like

Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by jmichael259(m): 2:18pm On Jan 21, 2018
kenoyad:

I'm interested in opening a betting shop, please give advice. thanks.

Contact the company or their agents keep money for one year shop rent, 1 big generator, 2systems, 1tv for a start.
Bet9ja, Accessbet, 1960bet, merrybet or any other with good english league virtual will
serve in a good location.

1 Like

Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by jmichael259(m): 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2018
amarilo:
Are into betting shop biz? Can u manage one?
Not now. I frequent my friend's shop/viewing centre especially in the evenings and observe. I have briefly managed two bet shops.
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by fabby101: 2:30pm On Jan 21, 2018
jmichael259:

you will need one year shop rent, 1 big generator, 2systems, 1tv for a start. Call the company customer care or super agent to know if they have space for new agent in ur area.

Thanks 4 sharing but how do I set up after acquiring all u mention

1 Like

Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by jmichael259(m): 2:57pm On Jan 21, 2018
fabby101:

Thanks 4 sharing but how do I set up after acquiring all u mention

The company will help check ur prefered location close to motorpark, market, shopping mall, busy junction, school gate, hostel areas, residential areas with lots of young and single men who make the street lively afternoon and night..
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Uhomanbulus110(f): 2:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
Both are good
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by badmus306(m): 3:29pm On Jan 21, 2018
jmichael259:
better ideas

1) betting shop 2 old laptops wt monitor, 1 big fan, 1 tv and 1 (2500) generator for a start. Even if you are not there. The system does account balancing and your weekly commision goes to your account. Staff feeding, Fuel and minor generator maintainance comes from the cashiers who get over 2k daily gain from people's winnings on virtual games. A person wins 545 gets 500, wins 2,383 gets 2,350 or 2,300 and this happens over 20 winnings per cashier per day. You can ask each cashier on virtual to submit 500 to management.

2) game shop 2-5 tvs with playstation3 and/or ps4 consoles. Run it yourself.

3) soccer viewing centre. Matches are played at night and weekends so can run it after work and be a huge source of extra income. Average (30k monthly after expenses)

Run all 3 or any two together full time and your current 75k a month will be made in less than 2weeks.

One bottle golf Heineken for you

2 Likes

Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by toyinajani(m): 3:35pm On Jan 21, 2018
As an experienced businessman in both businesses, I will advise you to go for laundry since you will not be physically available 24/7 for the business. As long as you can put on ground, a very good record management system, you can be sure of good accountability for your investment in laundry but for the salon, it will be difficult to manage your sales. I had to close down a salon as the guy I put there was just ripping me off and I kept paying bills but for the laundry, am very okay, even when I travel outside the country for months.
so, if you have the passion and the resources, float it my brother!
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by youngaliwa(m): 3:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
saloon all the way
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Mavinkent(m): 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
toyinajani:
As an experienced businessman in both businesses, I will advise you to go for laundry since you will not be physically available 24/7 for the business. As long as you can put on ground, a very good record management system, you can be sure of good accountability for your investment in laundry but for the salon, it will be difficult to manage your sales. I had to close down a salon as the guy I put there was just ripping me off and I kept paying bills but for the laundry, am very okay, even when I travel outside the country for months.
so, if you have the passion and the resources, float it my brother!
please I want to ask.....I will need like how much to start a laundry?.... Maybe mini laundry and I will expand it after six months of getting some profit....but I will need like how much to start
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by clippers: 4:12pm On Jan 21, 2018
yeah I bro location first before anything else. but personally I rep barbing
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by sheyizy1: 4:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
ekestic1976:
There's nothing like Barbing Salon; it's Barber's Salon! The English word, barb, has nothing in common with dressing of the hair.
Na wetin dem.ask u be that Mr know it all?
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by ramzylipi(m): 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2018
aonag:

what kind of thinking is this? this mentality is why nigerian businesses fail in the first 4years..
See this guy sha. Come and see businesses here that have lasted more than 10years doing stuffs like this
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Willgates(m): 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2018
kennygee:

If I hear. I've got too much joy.

Happy Sunday.

Indeed.... Excess joy to you and your household. Have a great week cool
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by Gbajumon: 6:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
zinaunreal:
mschewww passion fire.

mschewww ode.
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by door2(m): 7:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
lovely business idea. u can go for both. but I do not no idea on salon. give me a call or Whtapp me. 07030630593
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by slimmoney(m): 9:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
pls have it in mind that if you are going for barbing saloon you must take care of the shop maintainance aspect yourself if not your shop standard will fall in less than 6 month, am a saloon owner am talking from experience
Re: Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? by zinaunreal(m): 10:11pm On Jan 21, 2018
Gbajumon:

mschewww ode.
grow up dummy. Who passion epp bladdy mosquito brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Download Free Forex Ea/robots Free With Successful Backtest / 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks / Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.