Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,621 members, 7,955,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:21 PM

Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG (52708 Views)

Yoruba Koya: As South-western States Begin Movement For Restructuring.. / Dino Melaye Reacts To Proposed Cattle Colonies In Kogi / Cattle Colonies In Nigeria: 16 States Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by UncleJudax(m): 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2018
proeast:
Jos people allowed them to stay in their land and right now they are claiming indigenship in Jos North with elected councillors and LG chairman. Right now, Plateau indigens cant question the fulanis in Jos North! Another example is Illorin. Sorry to say this but your post is so naive, childish and gullible! Any state in the South that makes the mistake of allowing these murderous herdsmen an inch of their land will forever regret it and they and children yet unknown will pay with their blood!!
You are smart. Jos North is now a fulani enclave. But thats what Plateau people deserve. Even, then they havent learned anything...their stupid Governor, Lalong, is pro Cattle colony.
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by Immaculate909(m): 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2018
sexdoll:

well, like i said earlier, in my own understanding cattle colony is just a ranch.

but if cattle colony is actually a place where cattle are slaughtered and sold, again i ask you, what is wrong in that?

Why we should not support cattle colonies

1. Cattle business is a private business not FG business
2. According to the government, Fulani heardsmen that kill our people are foreigners. So, do we want the to kill more nigerians?
3. If colonies were provided for cattle, will FG provide colonies for Goat, Sheep, Pig and Dog?
4. Fulani herdsmen don't pay tax, so what does FG stand to gain
5. The level at which Fulani procreate is high cos most them are illiterate, with couple of time they outnumber the villagers where the colony is established there by ruling over them.
6. What assurance do we have over time that their cattle will not leave the colony to graze in near by farm?
7. Lot of issues that are germane to the growth of this nation are neglected by FG but FG can quickly decide on cattle colony cos of vetish interest
8. Why should FG have interest in cattle than the life of citizens

1 Like

Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by doublewisdom: 2:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
Bobby808:
Which Deltas are you calling? The Urhobos and the Itekiris are all traitors, trickish and betrayals. The Ijaws as I know can stand by any agreement. They can cooperate and fight any enemies and even win. The Itsekiris are actually the smallest ethnic group not only in Delta but acroos the country yet they prefer causing trouble by conning the name of people of other tribes, places to sound and look as if they own every where. The Isokos are also good. The Itsekiris for selfish reasons can hate their neighbours and prefer to support the Hausa and the Afonjas. Let us just look if they will cooperate on this Buhari and Fulanu killlings and destruction.
Itsekiris are too minority to decide what happens in Delta state. Who born monkey?
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by Gokey15: 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
Then, don't make silly assertion on the public forum. It is just me replying your mindless dross spout out online in your quest for ephemeral moment of wanting to appear intelligent.

The issue is that people in your shoes may think they have made relevant contribution if not put in their place.

So don't have a go at me, I am not quoting you as you ain't got stuff that I can quote from!

killsmith:
don't quote me again.
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by Youngzedd(m): 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:
Set an objective, create the problems to pave the way to achieve it, strike the deal as a " peace maker".

Correct guy.
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by poseidon12: 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
sexdoll:
but what exactly is wrong with the establishment of cattle colonies across the country?

sentiments apart, i need a very sensible someone to tell me what exactly is wrong with the establishment of cattle colonies across the country?

If you are still asking this question at this time, then it's either you live under a rock or not literate enough to read current news.
Firstly, cattle rearing is a private business. Public funds should not be used to establish so called cattle colonies. The cattle owners are usually the Fulani elite and can afford to set up ranches.

Secondly, the Fulani herdsmen are dangerous which is why the UN ranks them as the fourth deadliest terror group in the world. No sane intelligent person would want to have them as neighbors for fear of being attacked and killed. I hope you have read about how Othman Dan Fodio came into Nigeria from Guinea, was welcomed by the accommodating Hausas who were then attacked and systematically conquered and colonized (hmm cattle colony). The Fulani are known to be expansionist and troublesome. I hope you have also read about how the Fulani have started claiming that Benue State belongs to them by way of conquest. People are afraid that the establishment of the so called cattle colonies is a ploy to have the Fulani settle in among them and some day attack and conquer them and take over their land. Buhari your President is Fulani and has clearly demonstrated that he is a big time tribalist. So a lot of us believe he has an ulterior motive.

Thirdly, people prefer that cattle rearers should invest in ranches. And the Federal Government should not be the one to establish those ranches. It's a private business.

If you and your people are in support of cattle colonies, it's your choice to make. Go for it. I'm definitely not in support. I will support private ranches by those interested in rearing cattle which I think is a lucrative business. The various State Governments should do well to encourage individuals to invest in cattle ranching as a way to generate good jobs.
I hope I have not bored you with my long epistle.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
poseidon12:

Only in the States that accept.

Surely but do remember that the Federal government has land in all the states of the Federation

1 Like

Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by poseidon12: 2:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
mrskillz:
Government must come out and explain the difference between ranches and their “colonies” in clear terms

The colonies must be owned by the state governments and rented out, not only to Fulani cow merchants.

The area should be under high level surveillance

Illegal Arms must attract serious penalty within the colony

High level surveillance by Fulani controlled Army? They will just post Fulani soldiers their. We don't want any Federal Government cattle colony at all.

1 Like

Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by Lilimax(f): 2:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
killsmith:
Buhari did not request for new oil refineries for states,
Buhari did not request for international airport for states,
Buhari did not request for power plant for states,
Buhari did not request for World Bank assisted projects for states.
Buhari is not requesting for an improves education, health care, good roads, and security in your States.

What Buhari and the northern leaders are requesting for your states is "Cattle Colonies. There we go Nigeria...
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by Baroba(m): 2:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
As you we can all see the so called 5% that rejected Bihari were not stupid, how on earth can anyone justify voting in an Islamic bigot who overthrew an elected government 35 years ago.. Una never see anything yet, we have to endure this evil for the next six years..
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by Chigold101(m): 2:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
apriko:
no body should near my state oooo.....or dogs and baboons will sock together !!
you never shee shumptin
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by ventureusa: 2:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
pp802:
Where are the sai babas in 2015? I love this! Let's go there bubu. Cattle colonies ti take over!

We told you guys but you refuse to listen. Yes, Jonathan was not the best option then, but buhari was worse. We told you!

I will vote and campaign massively for bubu, come 2019. No be only una wicked!

Enjoy the change you voted for

Nairaland campaigned for this government that is oppressing Nigerians today
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by engrhorla(m): 2:23pm On Jan 21, 2018
Swiftboy:
This is not fair at all.

You already gave up?
This is why we are here! We let these guys go away with any obnoxious policies they come up with!

Crazy!

We elected them there. If they are not doing our bidding, we voice out one way or the other!
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by engrhorla(m): 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
Ibegtodiffer:
What committee are you setting up? To do what? During Niger Delta militancy, was any committee set up b4 the military swung to action? How about IPOb? Any committee? Teacher's protest in Kaduna, no committee, the military was on time! But herdsmen case will require time wasting committee rather than military action against external aggressors. Cattles colonies to take off, one week after it was proposed! Could it be that, it had earlier been budgeted for, else, which money is being used? If the FG has approved the take off of the proposed colonies, then of what use is the Osinbajo committee? You already have a solution! We are not deceived. The voice of the people is the voice of God. If you're in doubt, ask Sani Abacha? Not even the super rigging plan will over shadow the will of God. And if you force yourselves on Nigeria against the will of God, then God will fight His course. Let everyone do their bit. Get your PVC, vote according to your conscience and let God do His thing. As we speak people are being killed, militias are being imported to help in the carnage, yet people are saying this government is still the best! Let God prevail. #myonekobo

This is it! We resist this with all our might!

God will not allow them execute this.
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by Ballack1(m): 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
Audu Ogbe is a bastard
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by Val3910(m): 2:30pm On Jan 21, 2018
I still believed cattle is someone business and nobody can use his or her own business to invade in another man business so let us be wise o about this Cattle's colony
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by ventureusa: 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
poseidon12:

If you are still asking this question at this time, then it's either you live under a rock or not literate enough to read current news.
Firstly, cattle rearing is a private business. Public funds should not be used to establish so called cattle colonies. The cattle owners are usually the Fulani elite and can afford to set up ranches.

Secondly, the Fulani herdsmen are dangerous which is why the UN ranks them as the fourth deadliest terror group in the world. No sane intelligent person would want to have them as neighbors for fear of being attacked and killed. I hope you have read about how Othman Dan Fodio came into Nigeria from Guinea, was welcomed by the accommodating Hausas who were then attacked and systematically conquered and colonized (hmm cattle colony). The Fulani are known to be expansionist and troublesome. I hope you have also read about how the Fulani have started claiming that Benue State belongs to them by way of conquest. People are afraid that the establishment of the so called cattle colonies is a ploy to have the Fulani settle in among them and some day attack and conquer them and take over their land. Buhari your President is Fulani and has clearly demonstrated that he is a big time tribalist. So a lot of us believe he has an ulterior motive.

Thirdly, people prefer that cattle rearers should invest in ranches. And the Federal Government should not be the one to establish those ranches. It's a private business.

If you and your people are in support of cattle colonies, it's your choice to make. Go for it. I'm definitely not in support. I will support private ranches by those interested in rearing cattle which I think is a lucrative business. The various State Governments should do well to encourage individuals to invest in cattle ranching as a way to generate good jobs.
I hope I have not bored you with my long epistle.

*SAY NO TO HERDSMEN COLONIES.*
*What is a colony?*
The dictionary defines colony as a settlement of emigrants(settlers)who move to a new place, but remain culturally tied to their original place.

The following amongst others will happen if you allow the proposed colonies setup in the 36 states & the FCT.

1. mosques will be opened in your ancestorial homes with horn speakers to call for prayers. Its their culture!
2. Emirs will be installed to supritend over the colonies, its their culture!
3. No limit to the number of wives because its their culture!
4. No limit to the number of children(because its their culture!) This means b4 long, they will out number your people and start spreading because its their culture!
5. You must not complain because if you do, you will be seen as fighting their culture & belief!
6. Even if their animals stŕays out of these colony to your neighbourhood, which will obviously happen you must not complain. If you do then expect deadly attacks.
7. They will not obey the laws, custom & tradition of your land where the colony is located. They obey islamic law, custom & tradition!
Please say no to this evil Jhardist agenda.
Don't be a careless are carefree Christian and start crying later when it is no longer possible to reverse the evil. This was how Ilorin kwara state was taken over with an Emir ruling them till date.
God has helped us to destroy many evil laws by this government within the last two and half years this one is the deadliest and this too must not STAND.
Pray using Genesis 11:5-6 that God will confound their speeches, their language and will raise diversities of tongues among them and that this EVIL COLONY agenda be scattered in Jesus name.
Pls share its urgent!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by bobochem: 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
What do u expect from chief patron of Fulani.
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by ventureusa: 2:34pm On Jan 21, 2018
engrhorla:

This is it! We resist this with all our might!

God will not allow them execute this.

*What is a colony?*
The dictionary defines colony as a settlement of emigrants(settlers)who move to a new place, but remain culturally tied to their original place.

The following amongst others will happen if you allow the proposed colonies setup in the 36 states & the FCT.

1. mosques will be opened in your ancestorial homes with horn speakers to call for prayers. Its their culture!
4. No limit to the number of children(because its their culture!) This means b4 long, they will out number your people and start spreading because its their culture!
5. You must not complain because if you do, you will be seen as fighting their culture & belief!
6. Even if their animals stŕays out of these colony to your neighbourhood, which will obviously happen you must not complain. If you do then expect deadly attacks.
7. They will not obey the laws, custom & tradition of your land where the colony is located. They obey islamic law, custom & tradition!
Don't be a careless are carefree Christian and start crying later when it is no longer possible to reverse the evil. This was how Ilorin kwara state was taken over with an Emir ruling them till date.
God has helped us to destroy many evil laws by this government within the last two and half years this one is the deadliest and this too must not STAND.
Pray using Genesis 11:5-6 that God will confound their speeches, their language and will raise diversities of tongues among them and that this EVIL COLONY agenda be scattered in Jesus name.
Pls share its urgent!

1 Like

Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by ventureusa: 2:36pm On Jan 21, 2018
Val3910:
I still believed cattle is someone business and nobody can use his or her own business to invade in another man business so let us be wise o about this Cattle's colony

*What is a colony?*

Pls share its urgent!
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by Shilohbliss(m): 2:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hahaha cattle colonies? And all those Senate and Rep members are seating keeping quiet. I laugh because cows or castles are given priority over human lives in the corrupt and fake entity called Nigeria.
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
Nnamdi Kanu.... Come and see....the zoo is falling

Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by poseidon12: 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2018
sabama007:

Surely but do remember that the Federal government has land in all the states of the Federation

They do, but the lands may not be suitable for ranching. If a State is against cattle colony, I don't think it will be possible for Buhari to set one up. Get in touch with your State Government.
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2018
poseidon12:

They do, but the lands may not be suitable for ranching. If a State is against cattle colony, I don't think it will be possible for Buhari to set one up. Get in touch with your State Government.

I agree with your submissions
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by ventureusa: 2:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
*What is a colony?*

Pls share its urgent!
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by Jadeng: 2:44pm On Jan 21, 2018
]FG is trying to use gasoline to quench bushfires!!!
Animal husbandry is private business and should be treated as such. If land is needed for any purpose, it should aquired through the means and paid for.
Why create a permanent problem in solving a temporal issue
Which part of the World are we copying this from?
Why not learn from countries who are leaders in cattle business?
If they create colonies now for cattles, then they should be ready to create fishing colony, rice colony, Cassava colony and so on in future.
Hope we would be allowed to have tiga dam or Argungu river as our fish colony?

Our politicians need to upgrade their thinking please. They solve problems with a holistic approach.

'We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them" --- Albert Einstein.

There are newer and better approach to Agriculture than what Africa is doing now. Our aspiration should be to catch up with them.

We need think differently and learn how to coexist and work together as a people without trampling on each other.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by oderemo(m): 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
ventureusa:

*What is a colony?*

Pls share its urgent!
You were closing me in until you brought in genesis 11:5/6.
Sooner someone else will start on the Quran.then all sane arguments will be losr
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by Originalsly: 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2018
Cattle colonies....but cannot explain what it is. Why?
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by ruffDiamond: 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
on this singular act..buhari bleeped up...but will southerner unit?? the mutual hatred is too much..and they(Fulanis animals) knows this
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by bogolobango(m): 3:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
Bubu sef na cow that's why
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by idris4eva(m): 3:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
Referendum is the only answer to this country

Let everyone go there separate ways
Re: Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG by aniere: 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
Am so disappointed in this government. Is so unfortunate that this disaster has fallen on us. Lets be proactive in finding a lasting so solution. #backtodaura.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Femi Falana Meets With Sowore And Deji Adeyanju (Photos) / Obasanjo Carries Albino Boy On His Shoulder In Abuja (Photos) / Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.