Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,026 members, 7,828,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes (10782 Views)

9 Essential Tips For Drivers This Harmattan Season / Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers / Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City In The World For Drivers By Forbes (see List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by Lomprico2: 7:55am On Jan 22, 2018
naijapips04:

You don't get. Port Harcourt didn't make it to the list same way Aba. Ibadan etc didn't make it.

They are not up to the rank of a major city that Forbes was ranking.

Ok, I get you now.
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by BeijinDossier: 7:56am On Jan 22, 2018
The reason is very simple. Over 30% of Nigerian population are in Lagos.

Solution: Open/Decentralize Ports: PH, Warri, Onitsha and Calabar Ports for ships to berth directly.

Multinationals should be moved at least by 30% to other regions.

Major federal government agencies should be moved to other regions at least by 40%.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by lexy2014: 7:56am On Jan 22, 2018
verygudbadguy:
Error.. Error.. Error...

Nigeria is first. I repeat Nigeria is 1st. Lagos is the worst place to drive in the whole world.
apart from Lagos, were else have u driven a car?apart from Nigeria, in which other country, have u driven a car?
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by megawax8: 7:57am On Jan 22, 2018
Lomprico2:
I disagree! Its port harcourt!

Or unless Port harcourt is no.1 and lagos maintains that position.

Do you realise port Harcourt is the capital of Rivers State.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by UfuomaUN(m): 7:59am On Jan 22, 2018
naijapips04:

Port Harcourt wasn't ranked. Didn't make it to the list.
Port Harcourt is a very useless city to drive and live in.
what's odd about driving in pH?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by verygudbadguy(m): 8:04am On Jan 22, 2018
lexy2014:
apart from Lagos, were else have u driven a car?apart from Nigeria, in which other country, have u driven a car?
Lagos determines at least 50% of everything that happens in Nigeria. If you don't stay in Lagos, you come around for your shipments. Some come down to access the international airport. While some come down for sharp hustles and leave within short period, others come around for visitation, schools and the likes.

The write up actually mentioned cities and since Nigeria is not a city but a country, I focused on its no 1 city, Lagos for judgement.

Modified : The topic has been changed from Nigeria to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 22, 2018
I've stayed in both cities for a considerable amount of time, but bro... PH traffic still dey learn work..
Lagos traffic is legendary

Lomprico2:

Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by FakoMaybach1: 8:05am On Jan 22, 2018
Lagos is smelling, Lagos is blocked with traffic, Lagos is filled with poor houses and wicked landlords...the govt of Lagos state has done nothing to make life easier in that state....Lagos is overrated Shittty town with overpriced and small houses, cursed with high transport cost and blocked roads...to live long lone has to leave lagos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by seguno2: 8:05am On Jan 22, 2018
Ambode is busy giving “free” trash bags that he cannot sustain instead of recruiting and paying traffic wardens and control officials to redress this unfortunate situation.
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by Lomprico2: 8:06am On Jan 22, 2018
megawax8:

Do you realise port Harcourt is the capital of Rivers State.

No! its d capital of sambisa! undecided
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by herraph: 8:07am On Jan 22, 2018
Lomprico2:

Bros calm down, You need to be in Lagos most especially today.
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by positivelord: 8:10am On Jan 22, 2018
giftedben:

If it was before YES but not anymore now. The Government have taken drastic measures to tackle those issues in Port-Harcourt.

Please be kind to list those measures...I stays in PH. With the end of TIMARIV, driving in PH have degenerated into madness.
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by wawale(m): 8:17am On Jan 22, 2018
Base on international standard d only city we have in Nigeria is Lagos . Coming third means she is being recognized.
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by naijapips04: 8:17am On Jan 22, 2018
UfuomaUN:

what's odd about driving in pH?

Mad traffic. Bad roads.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by bayulll011(m): 8:22am On Jan 22, 2018
jobman101:

Forbes has just published the list of the best and worst cities for drivers around the world. Lagos is located in the 3rd worst city for pilots in the world just after Calcutta, India and Karachi Pakistan.
The 2 best cities are Dusseldorf, Germany and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. See the full list below

source: http://love4today.com/2018/01/20/lagos-ranked-3rd-worst-city-drivers-worldwide-forbes/

Lagos should be first on that list.
the lagos state government is completely clueless on managing traffic in the state,the civil way we enjoy during fasshola era completely went down the drain as soon Ambode was sworn in.

most of the roads in lagos is completely bad and under construction for almost a year.

generally african and nigeria as whole has chronic problems when leadership is concerned.

is only in africa you don't know that time is money you used all your productive hour in traffic everyday and yet you expect new things to happen.
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 22, 2018
Lagos is technically the worse.

The other cities that occupied number 1 n 2 would likely be cities within like Yemen n Syria............Civil war.
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 22, 2018
Damoxy:
It's today I realised how hard January is!! A guy came to my house today, trying to sell a cat to me. I told him I don't need a Cat cos I don't have rats in my house.
And the guy was begging me to just buy the cat and that he will bring the rats later in the afternoon.

Nigeria is Hard oh my fiple.
Can 2019 just come

grin.
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 22, 2018
whitebeard:
Enough is enough this people have mocked us too far..I disagree.

UR FREE TO.
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 22, 2018
Lomprico2:

LAGOS IS NUMERO UNO.
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by Masterclass32: 8:25am On Jan 22, 2018
Calcutta, India must be gruesome for it to beat Lagos to the title.
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by Exponental(m): 8:29am On Jan 22, 2018
Hectic traffic can make one mad but Ibadan drivers are worster than Lagos. "Soo no rowo mi ni?"
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by UfuomaUN(m): 8:29am On Jan 22, 2018
naijapips04:

Mad traffic. Bad roads.

Mad traffic? yea, Lagos is worse! Bad roads? It's a port Harcourt thing especially in rainy season. You'll just feel like killing yourself sometimes grin
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by lexy2014: 9:00am On Jan 22, 2018
verygudbadguy:

Lagos determines at least 50% of everything that happens in Nigeria. If you don't stay in Lagos, you come around for your shipments. Some come down to access the international airport. While some come down for sharp hustles and leave within short period, others come around for visitation, schools and the likes.

The write up actually mentioned cities and since Nigeria is not a city but a country, I focused on its no 1 city, Lagos for judgement.

Modified : The topic has been changed from Nigeria to Lagos.
i understand what u trying 2 say. U are talking about d xteristics of Lagos as regards d topic. I questioned ur inference cos 4 it 2b scientific, then u should have an idea of d traffic situation in other cities of d world. Just d same way u can talk about Lagos, can u talk about other cities like that and do a comparative analysis with Lagos?
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by oladipupo2234: 9:06am On Jan 22, 2018
i can't agree less. trekking sometimes is faster than driving. Lagos is congested, crazy road users especially the commercial bus operators, bad roads everywhere, e.t.c. Even where you expect the road to be free like driving on the standard Lekki Epe expressway, you will be surprised to see long traffic in the wee hours of the morning just before the toll gate caused by one useless Quilox club.
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by Rajosh(m): 9:24am On Jan 22, 2018
verygudbadguy:
Error.. Error.. Error...

Nigeria is first. I repeat Nigeria is 1st. Lagos is the worst place to drive in the whole world.
have you been to the whole world?
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by AdaFonju: 9:41am On Jan 22, 2018
Lomprico2:

No! its d capital of sambisa! undecided
You are comparing a Lagos state to Rivers Capital city, the kind of people that comment on nairaland eh
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by SoNature(m): 9:51am On Jan 22, 2018
Lomprico2:

When it comes to road traffic and all that, Lagos has the worst of everything in Nigeria. From LASTMA to yellow bus drivers, touts to conductors, the list is just endless
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by AfonjaConehead: 10:22am On Jan 22, 2018
whitebeard:
Enough is enough this people have mocked us too far..I disagree.

chaataap dia,who know agberoe like you.

Lagos is worst and the dirtiest..
grin
Mental
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by coolh3ad(m): 10:33am On Jan 22, 2018
Lomprico2:

Port Harcourt near lagos. Bros. I have lived in both places and lagos Is the worst in Nigeria if not the world. PH can't even near Ijebu in bad driving.......
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by coolh3ad(m): 10:37am On Jan 22, 2018
emror4u:
I've stayed in both cities for a considerable amount of time, but bro... PH traffic still dey learn work..
Lagos traffic is legendary

Tell him Boss. PH still dey learn work wella
Re: Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes by webngnews: 11:15am On Jan 22, 2018
Third or first...

If u can.drive in.lagos u can drive anywhere

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It? / Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. / Best Gear To Use In Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.