Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Help! Fingernails Problem. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! Fingernails Problem. (34995 Views)

Man Almost Dies From Biting His Fingernails / Photo: See The Man With The Longest Fingernails In The World / Ayanna Williams: Meet The World Record Holder Of The Longest Fingernails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by slimsue(f): 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2018
Op, that is nail fungi, luckily there re numerous home remedies you can find on google, but the closest you can get to you might be the Garlic remedy.

Just crush a clove of garlic and apply it on ur nail with the help of a plaster through out the night. It might take a long time to heal and very very painful as well, so brace urself.

Wish u quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by OhiOfIhima: 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2018
FSFitzGerald:
Onychomycosis. See a Dermatologist ASAP.
What of the a rash at the head region, vr stubborn after my bro take an ampiclox tired n underneath his ear, a grow turmoil down his neck. Pls any recommended drugs 4 dat thanks
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by urchpath(m): 4:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Is that so ? I think your pharmacology is a bit behind
@urchpath care to issue a retraction ?

https://www.iodine.com/compare/terbinafine-vs-itraconazole

My brother I am perplexed at your arguement. I suppose your cognition is still intact, so u can go back to my comment and read very well. I said itraconazole is one of the first lines. I never said it is the only first line antifungal for onychomycosis, which still paints same picture as your response. Terbinafine is another first line in this case. And what this simply means is that both are good but the clinician will have to make a choice among them considering that both of them have advantages n disadvantages. Also the patients medical history is very important to make a choice among different drugs of same function.
Or are you implying that it must always be terbinafine?
How about a case where terbinafine is contraindicated in a patient, what other choice will you make in this case?
I dont understand the basis of your arguement, and I am too busy for this.
I hope you are not a medical student who is yet to understand the actual practuce of medicine?

1 Share

Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2018
pinkyruledworld:
so before the west Introduced the cars, planes, ICs and co we haven't been using trado medicine to cure diseases shey? I am definitely sure your are NotaNigerianGuy

Before the west introduced modern medicine to us, we were dying of treatable diseases. This still happens in African villages. Look it up
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2018
urchpath:

My brother I am perplexed at your arguement. I suppose your cognition is still intact, so u can go back to my comment and read very well. I said itraconazole is one of the first lines. I never said it is the only first line antifungal for onychomycosis, which still paints same picture as your response. Terbinafine is another first line in this case. And what this simply means is that both are good but the clinician will have to make a choice among them considering that both of them have advantages n disadvantages. Also the patients medical history is very important to make a choice among different drugs of same function.
Or are you implying that it must always be terbinafine?
How about a case where terbinafine is contraindicated in a patient, what other choice will you make in this case?
I dont understand the basis of your arguement, and I am too busy for this.
I hope you are not a medical student who is yet to understand the actual practuce of medicine?

Since your arguments are reduced to insults good luck to you. In your free time educate yourself. Good bye
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by Mikeblize: 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2018
opera1:
Good people in the house, am having a problem with my fingernails, i don't know exactly what could have been responsible for this.

Pls anybody with a solution kindly help me out.
Thanks for your constructive response.

I once suffered from this dunno what it's called though. But what I was told to do was get potash from the market melt it and place a few in a teaspoon and melt it on fire while applying water to it then add the mixture to the affected nail. If this is repeated everyday for two weeks or more daily. You won't have this issue later on. It worked for me
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by slimsue(f): 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2018
DemonHunTER:
I have almost the same infection with the OP, but my own is just on 1 finger and the finger is not laying down like OP's own. It's open.. What can I do pls help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am going through the same thing right now.
I googled it and it is called nail lifting.
Just get a new blade and trim the nail to the end, then clean the nail bed with maybe spirit or nail disolver, then keep applying nail hardener on the finger. Or if u can get that leaf they call lele, you can use it on it.

Though I am using only nail hardener now cos I can't find the lele around me. And its really working the nail is already growing back attached to the nail bed.
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by pinkyruledworld(m): 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Before the west introduced modern medicine to us, we were dying of treatable diseases. This still happens in African villages. Look it up
I agree but do you know that as at that time even the west are dying of diseases that has cure today? Bkos the west has more cure to diseases doesn't change the fact that trado medicines cant cure some diseases. We just have few researchers on trado medicines. if u still dont accept my view on trado medicines; well, I have nothing more to say. Jah bless. peace out

1 Like

Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by Sleekbaby(f): 4:23pm On Jan 22, 2018
look for hydraulic or break fluid, dip your finger everytime, it will cure it within 1 week. You can put it in eye drop container and carry it about for easy assess.
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by OhiOfIhima: 4:29pm On Jan 22, 2018
I wonder how some people will open their month and say Nairaland is not a place for solution but it has been of helpful because you will definitely get something to rely on... After all these beautiful contributions, the op can now boldly walk into any standard hospital to ask for the service of any dermatologist available. Keep it up all the good people of these forums. May the Almighty Allah increase you guys in Knowledge.. Amiin

3 Likes

Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by faridpac2: 4:33pm On Jan 22, 2018
opera1:
Good people in the house, am having a problem with my fingernails, i don't know exactly what could have been responsible for this.

Go and see Dr
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by DemonHunTER: 4:34pm On Jan 22, 2018
slimsue:

Am going through the same thing right now.
I googled it and it is called nail lifting.
Just get a new blade and trim the nail to the end, then clean the nail bed with maybe spirit or nail disolver, then keep applying nail hardener on the finger. Or if u can get that leaf they call lele, you can use it on it.

Though I am using only nail hardener now cos I can't find the lele around me. And its really working the nail is already growing back attached to the nail bed.

Thanks! One cold Vodka for you!

1 Like

Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 22, 2018
This is what is called in Latin Tetrus be lo frokus
It is caused by fingering an infected menfrobus
Just see your Doctor and you are good.
good luck
good luck
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by suco01(m): 4:41pm On Jan 22, 2018
This will help you curticle and nail balm
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 22, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Africans have not been able to manufacture cars, they have not been able to produce cell phones, they cannot make planes, they cannot breed high yield cattle, they cannot make high grade steel, they lack the technology for integrated circuits - yet you think we can suddenly cure diseases with herbs and incantations ?

Laughable.
Mr fraudgeriaguy ..just because you don't know of something never means it doesn't work ...trado works and I have experienced it first hand with this stuff called belt ...I went to hospital and the called it a strange name and prescribe medications but for 2 weeks the shit kept increasing until a relative saw it and took me to a trado and after 2 weeks of excruciating pain ...I was healed
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by suco01(m): 4:46pm On Jan 22, 2018
suco01:
This will help you curticle and nail balm
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by drjustice17: 4:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
This is cause by fungi . Visit any Teaching hospital around you. so that, they will do culture and give you drugs that will cure it once and for all.
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by idu1(m): 4:51pm On Jan 22, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Africans have not been able to manufacture cars, they have not been able to produce cell phones, they cannot make planes, they cannot breed high yield cattle, they cannot make high grade steel, they lack the technology for integrated circuits - yet you think we can suddenly cure diseases with herbs and incantations ?

Laughable.

You don't have sense.

For the sake of your family I forbid you from writing further comment on this topic undecided
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by nervorum: 4:54pm On Jan 22, 2018
opera1:

Please go see a dermatologist!

But you can heed 'motor park' doctors and try trado-medicine, but when you are done, you should go to a dermatologist (hopefully it wouldn't be late).
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by BabylonCruise(m): 5:02pm On Jan 22, 2018
Perge:
Quick questions..... Did you fingered a sex doll or the real thing in the last 30 days?

And why would you allow your nails overgrown like a carrion-eating bird? undecided undecided

How old are you sir
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
pinkyruledworld:
I agree but do you know that as at that time even the west are dying of diseases that has cure today? Bkos the west has more cure to diseases doesn't change the fact that trado medicines cant cure some diseases. We just have few researchers on trado medicines. if u still dont accept my view on trado medicines; well, I have nothing more to say. Jah bless. peace out

Traditional medicine can cure some diseases no doubt about that. But only some, and most times not reproducibly nor efficiently.
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:12pm On Jan 22, 2018
idu1:

You don't have sense.

For the sake of your family I forbid you from writing further comment on this topic undecided

You made a post in 2014 seeking information on how to become a dialysis technician and suddenly you are a medical expert ?
What is the traditional treatment for chronic renal failure and why did you not choose to study that ?

This is the problem with black people. You don't know and aggressively defend your ignorance. What we call western medicine today is a body of knowledge accumulated by mankind. Embrace it and add to it and stop sticking to mumbo jumbo treatments without logical basis.

One more thing, insulting people you don't agree with does not make you look smart.

1 Like

Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by Perge(m): 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2018
BabylonCruise:

How old are you sir
Old enough to be your father.
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by TFarrah(m): 5:17pm On Jan 22, 2018
Hello Op. There is a solution. Give me a call or whatsapp me on 08109630719.
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by mechanics(m): 5:19pm On Jan 22, 2018
Go to a teaching hospital or federal medical centre.
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by Adezanoti: 5:19pm On Jan 22, 2018
opera1:

. visit a trado medica centre
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by benzion72(m): 5:20pm On Jan 22, 2018
Do you work with strong acid or base? Is it paining you?
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by idu1(m): 5:29pm On Jan 22, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

You made a post in 2014 seeking information on how to become a dialysis technician and suddenly you are a medical expert ?
What is the traditional treatment for chronic renal failure and why did you not choose to study that ?

This is the problem with black people. You don't know and aggressively defend your ignorance. What we call western medicine today is a body of knowledge accumulated by mankind. Embrace it and add to it and stop sticking to mumbo jumbo treatments without logical basis.

One more thing, insulting people you don't agree with does not make you look smart.

You don't have sense.

Keep typing gibberish....

Africans can not do this, Africans can not do that...
As if you not black.

Let see your brilliant inventions?

1 Like

Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by fpeter(f): 5:36pm On Jan 22, 2018
Onychomycosis, also known as tinea unguium, is a fungal infection of the nail.[2] This condition may affect toenails or fingernails, but toenail infections are particularly common.

Treatment may be based on the signs.[3] Treatment may be with the medication terbinafine.[3]

It occurs in about 10 percent of the adult population.[4] It is the most common disease of the nails and constitutes about half of all nail abnormalities.

SOURCE:WIKIPEDIA
Re: Help! Fingernails Problem. by Aleliberty(m): 5:36pm On Jan 22, 2018
I will advice you chat with this skin clinic on Instagram and a professional doctor will guide you, theskinclinic_abuja

thank me later

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dr. Godwin Maduka Foundation Donates Massive Food To The Needy In Anambra State / The 5 Biggest Causes Of Belly Fat. / 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.