Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know (35017 Views)

10 Health Benefits Of Cucumber You Should Know / 10 Health Benefits Of Wild Lettuce (efo Yanrin In Yoruba) / 10 Health Benefits Of Cucumber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Miki22: 11:18am On Dec 28, 2018
"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food."
Those are famous words from the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates, often called the father of Western medicine.
He actually used to prescribe garlic to treat a variety of medical conditions.
Modern science has recently confirmed many of these beneficial health effects.
Here are 10 health benefits of garlic that are supported by human research.
1. Garlic is a plant in the onion family that’s grown for its distinctive taste and health benefits. It contains sulfur compounds, which are believed to bring some of the health benefits.
2. Garlic is low in calories and rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6 and manganese. It also contains trace amounts of various other nutrients.
3. Garlic supplements help prevent and reduce the severity of common illnesses like the flu and common cold.
4. High doses of garlic appear to improve blood pressure for those with known high blood pressure (hypertension). In some instances, supplements may be as effective as regular medications.
5.Garlic supplements seem to reduce total and LDL cholesterol, particularly in those who have high cholesterol. HDL cholesterol and triglycerides do not seem to be affected.
6.Garlic contains antioxidants that protect against cell damage and aging. It may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
7. Garlic has known beneficial effects on common causes of chronic disease, so it makes sense that it could also help you live longer.
8. Garlic may improve physical performance in lab animals and people with heart disease. Benefits in healthy people are not yet conclusive.
9.Garlic was shown to significantly reduce lead toxicity and related symptoms in one study.
10. Garlic appears to have some benefits for bone health by increasing estrogen levels in females, but more human studies are needed.
http://www.agricinfo.com/2018/12/10-health-benefit-of-garlic-you-should.html?m=1

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Skyfornia(m): 12:08pm On Dec 28, 2018
Thank you OP

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Miki22: 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2019
Skyfornia:
Thank you OP
you're welcome.

1 Like

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Tunasco4u(m): 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2019
I suggest garlic for Alh Muhammad Buhari enemy incase of that number (4) after winning election again

9 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Kylekent59: 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2019
Garlic makes the sperm yellow.

A patient once complained about it.
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by jamace(m): 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2019
Nice topic. cool
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Sunofgod(m): 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2019
Also it scares away evil spirits.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by ExAngel007(f): 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2019
I remembered the first day I ate garlic thinking it tastes like onion...

my pals refuse to talk to me at close range

6 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Hoaxey(m): 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2019
sadPlus Extremely Smelling Mouth

17 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by phransix2: 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2019
Blend with Ginger and mix with honey... Better anti aging tonic

17 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by laughitall(m): 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2019
Gracias
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Timekeeper: 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2019
I once heard about this garlic of a thing when Lionel Messi said he loves eating roasted garlic.... abeg how can I get that old newspaper again

3 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Ourown(m): 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2019
Is garlic good for ulcer patients? I must get rid of the terrible stomach ulcer this year. So help me God!

8 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by wilcox(m): 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2019
The smell scares people from it

2 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Akinola2543(m): 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2019
nice topic
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by AngelicBeing: 8:53pm On Jan 01, 2019
Garlic, ginger and onions are very good for the body, I drink fresh blended ginger with lipton tea, it is very good cool

6 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 01, 2019
Sunofgod:
Also it scares away evil spirits.

Witches and snakes as well.
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by dapsoneh: 8:53pm On Jan 01, 2019
the odour is irritating and appauling.. makes me feel nauseated

5 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Adalassy: 8:54pm On Jan 01, 2019
Miki22:
"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food."
Those are famous words from the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates, often called the father of Western medicine.
He actually used to prescribe garlic to treat a variety of medical conditions.
Modern science has recently confirmed many of these beneficial health effects.
Here are 10 health benefits of garlic that are supported by human research.
1. Garlic is a plant in the onion family that’s grown for its distinctive taste and health benefits. It contains sulfur compounds, which are believed to bring some of the health benefits.
2. Garlic is low in calories and rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6 and manganese. It also contains trace amounts of various other nutrients.
3. Garlic supplements help prevent and reduce the severity of common illnesses like the flu and common cold.
4. High doses of garlic appear to improve blood pressure for those with known high blood pressure (hypertension). In some instances, supplements may be as effective as regular medications.
5.Garlic supplements seem to reduce total and LDL cholesterol, particularly in those who have high cholesterol. HDL cholesterol and triglycerides do not seem to be affected.
6.Garlic contains antioxidants that protect against cell damage and aging. It may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
7. Garlic has known beneficial effects on common causes of chronic disease, so it makes sense that it could also help you live longer.
8. Garlic may improve physical performance in lab animals and people with heart disease. Benefits in healthy people are not yet conclusive.
9.Garlic was shown to significantly reduce lead toxicity and related symptoms in one study.
10. Garlic appears to have some benefits for bone health by increasing estrogen levels in females, but more human studies are needed.
http://www.agricinfo.com/2018/12/10-health-benefit-of-garlic-you-should.html?m=1

As a naturopath I will also include that Garlic is a natural Aphrodisiac because it is a blood thinner and helps in ensuring adequate blood supply to the Phallus. It is this blood thinning ability it possesses that makes it good with blood pressure and cholesterol reduction.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Adalassy: 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ourown:
Is garlic good for ulcer patients? I must get rid of the terrible stomach ulcer this year. So help me God!

https://www.nairaland.com/4735960/cure-ulcer-contact-me-now
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by madridguy(m): 8:57pm On Jan 01, 2019
thanks for sharing.
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by helinues: 8:58pm On Jan 01, 2019
The smell though

Blended garlic, ginger plus lime. Gbogbo nise

Nice tips

2 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Newmans: 8:58pm On Jan 01, 2019
How can I prove it?
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Topmaike007(m): 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2019
thank you op, this are the type of News I want to be reading on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by deleo16(m): 9:00pm On Jan 01, 2019
Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by landmark86: 9:00pm On Jan 01, 2019
As gud as garlic is don't try 2 kiss a lady after eating it, if u try such that might be the end of the relationship.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Neddyogu(m): 9:01pm On Jan 01, 2019
Adalassy:

As a naturopath I will also include that Garlic is a natural Aphrodisiac because it is a blood thinner and helps in ensuring adequate blood supply to the Phallus. It is this blood thinning ability it possesses that makes it good with blood pressure and cholesterol reduction.

Garlic has a way of inhibiting platelet fxn, thereby reducing risks of thrombus formation and arteriosclerosis. In other words, over use of garlic can encourage thrombocytopenia and cause mucosal bleeding.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by wiseGD: 9:01pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ginger and garlic- a must for every meal

Ginger gives a unique taste to dishes+ its health benefits.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by xynerise: 9:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
Garlic increases libido

3 Likes

Re: 10 Health Benefits Of Garlic You Should Know by Biodun1929(m): 9:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
Garlic is so powerful and does a lot. It's just its smell that's the issue. Lol

Anyway, if you want to learn how to attract money, check my signature.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don't Panic, That's Your Anatomy! / We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha / ​What Makes You Believe That You Are Fertile? See This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.