Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,356 members, 7,864,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:44 PM

Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? (7147 Views)

Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) / Thirteen Reasons Why The Doctrine Of Original Sin Is False / "original Sin"-linking It To An Imperfect God! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by smallman1: 7:33pm On Jul 15, 2010
rom 5:12. all have sinned. it is clear from the bible like that. lets not try to go into what is not in the scriptures.

luv,
small man.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Image123(m): 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2010
vedaxcool:

No every child is born good it is the society that corrupt children. And one more thing for the xtains that claim people are born with sin how come after Jesus "died" for your sins your kids are still being born sinners all the generations after him are still being born sinners, I just don't get it . a more better way to see it may be as you guys claims : Adam sins people of the world begins to inherit sin then Jesus "died" for the sins hence they inheritable sins are canceled and yet people still inherit sins; it seems we have been conned.
The bolded is the wisest part of this post. You seem to know little about children or about Christ and His purpose.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:12pm On Jul 15, 2010
Can you edumacate him? What is there to know about children that you can tell him? I'd like to hear it, too.
Image123:

The bolded is the wisest part of this post. You seem to know little about children or about Christ and His purpose.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Image123(m): 11:37pm On Jul 15, 2010
I'll rather tell you about Christ and His purpose, you want to hear that one too?
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by manmustwac(m): 1:29am On Jul 16, 2010
nobody is born with sin all babies are born free from sin its our enviorment and our upbringing that determines who you become and the sins you commit
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by kenyaman: 1:48am On Jul 16, 2010
Bibikate,

What a commonwealth? All the flags of the continent are our commonwealth of Nations. Take pride in all, not just the isolationist mode. Let once and for all contribute to what will solve the problem of corruption. Isolationism is not one of the solutions in my humble opinion.

Kenyaman
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by kenyaman: 2:05am On Jul 16, 2010
Image123,

It is proper for me to respond at a very shallow level that if one sinned and all have sinned, it follows logically that every nation in Africa has this evil tendency equally inert in its character. Thus all Nigerian politicians are inherently sharing the same nature as the politicians in other nations such as Kenya.

To assume that politicians in Nigerian are more evil than politicians in other nations is totally heretical and a lame excuse in dealing with this vital issue of Corruption of Nigerian politicians as well as those in Kenya.

One may ask, "Why then are politicians of one Nation more corrupt than those of other Nations? This is a policy issue more so, than a theological issue. We know this very well thus why we have separation of Church and state. We need to keep it this way to avoid further corruption.

It would be worse to hear a politician claim that God elected him/her to plunder the wealth of a particular Nation.

Kenyaman
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:15am On Jul 16, 2010
While this thread is not about jesus and what his purpose is, you are free to give us your own interpretation on that issue as long as you do not forget that it is only your own view, your own version. I have my own version too, concerning the same issue. So, go ahead, let's hear it. Not that i am going to hear something different, new and fresh from you, though.
Image123:

I'll rather tell you about Christ and His purpose, you want to hear that one too?
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:17am On Jul 16, 2010
Exactly! Very on point, sir! The universe is not as mean as the christians are trying to make it.
manmustwac:

nobody is born with sin all babies are born free from sin its our enviorment and our upbringing that determines who you become and the sins you commit
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 16, 2010
manmustwac:

I subscribe to ur post. The parents that gave birth to the new born IMO must have committed sin. By that the new born is born by sinners into a sinful world
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:30am On Jul 16, 2010
You have not grasped it completely. That a newborn baby is birthed by a sinner is irrelevant. Whether born by a sinner or not, the newborn baby remains sinless, until it is polluted by the world in which it lives as it grows up. Don't try to distort what manmustwac is trying to say.
toba:

I subscribe to your post. The parents that gave birth to the new born IMO must have committed sin. By that the new born is born by sinners into a sinful world
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 16, 2010
Jenwitemi:

You have not grasped it completely. That a newborn baby is birthed by a sinner is irrelevant. Whether born by a sinner or not, the newborn baby remains sinless, until it is polluted by the world in which it lives as it grows up. Don't try to distort what manmustwac is trying to say.

Its too early to start messing up and be in hast to mis interpret my post. I subscribed to his post that a new born is sinless, but the parents are not to make it more clearer for other followers of the thread. so whats the sense in u talking about distortion?
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by precap2(m): 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2010
All doctrines are wrong-headed. That man is born with original sin means something the originators didn't intend - That sin is transmissible through blood and serum. No human is born with sin. As for children tending towards wrongdoings than the other way around, the answer is simple: Everything in nature goes wild naturally, your hair outgrows you if you fail to cut it, a beautiful flower would cease to be attractive if unattended to, your house becomes dirty and dusty if uncared for, children won't be different, they'll rot up if none takes care of their interest during the years of unreasoning.

Holla!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2010
precap2:

All doctrines are wrong-headed. That man is born with original sin means something the originators didn't intend - That sin is transmissible through blood and serum. No human is born with sin.

I know of HIV/AIds as for sin not that i know of.

Though david said this in the bible

Psalm 51

5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

this is what i was referring to in my post above about a sinful world
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2010
Apologies. I am forever suspicious of christians. smiley
toba:

Its too early to start messing up and be in hast to mis interpret my post. I subscribed to his post that a new born is sinless, but the parents are not to make it more clearer for other followers of the thread. so whats the sense in u talking about distortion?
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Apologies.
Accepted

Jenwitemi:

I am forever suspicious of christians. smiley

The above is myopic, stereotyping, sentimental and ridiculous
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2010
That is what one becomes when one mingles too much with folks who subscribe to the myopic, stereotyping, sentimental and ridiculous christian doctrines. Perhaps i need to keep them at arms length for a while. I don catch their disease. cheesy wink
toba:

The above is myopic, stereotyping, sentimental and ridiculous
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by precap2(m): 5:56pm On Jul 16, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Apologies. I am forever suspicious of christians. smiley

So sad you're suffering so much because you rejected people full of life. We mix easily because that is how we can get the truth to you - The Pure Truth! Without carnal corruption.

Jenwitemi:

That is what one becomes when one mingles too much with folks who subscribe to the myopic, stereotyping, sentimental and ridiculous christian doctrines. Perhaps i need to keep them at arms length for a while. I don catch their disease. cheesy wink

One day you'll become a Christian and you'll begin to experience a life of open-mindedness, vision, peace, love, and joyful. Embrace that life today while you can still be redeemed.

Holla!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 16, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Im happy to here from u that u have a disease. May God heal u.

Im sure u infected ur self with the disease ignorantly and no one forced it on u
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 16, 2010
precap2:

So sad you're suffering so much because you rejected people full of life. We mix easily because that is how we can get the truth to you - The Pure Truth! Without carnal corruption.

One day you'll become a Christian and you'll begin to experience a life of open-mindedness, vision, peace, love, and joyful. Embrace that life today while you can still be redeemed.

Holla!

I hope he understands u.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Image123(m): 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2010
Jenwitemi:

While this thread is not about jesus and what his purpose is, you are free to give us your own interpretation on that issue as long as you do not forget that it is only your own view, your own version. I have my own version too, concerning the same issue. So, go ahead, let's hear it. Not that i am going to hear something different, new and fresh from you, though.
Thanks for the prompt. I always love to speak about my Jesus, no other subject interests me more for He's all to me.
Isaiah 35v4 Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you.
Such a promise is what Jesus fulfilled when He came on earth. He came to save us from sin and its power. Everything seemed against us, the judgement was on our race. None seemed a suitable sacrifice, not Moses, no not David, not Samuel, not even Noah, or Enoch. Only Jesus, He came to set us free. Saved us by dying on the cross. Gave us another chance to choose the tree of calvary, in the stead of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. We all have our choice to make. Come AND He will give you rest. There's so much to say of Him. He'll come and save you.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:56pm On Jul 16, 2010
And you have not said anything worth hearing. Why am i neither surprised nor disappointed?
Image123:

Thanks for the prompt. I always love to speak about my Jesus, no other subject interests me more for He's all to me.
Isaiah 35v4 Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you.
Such a promise is what Jesus fulfilled when He came on earth. He came to save us from sin and its power. Everything seemed against us, the judgement was on our race. None seemed a suitable sacrifice, not Moses, no not David, not Samuel, not even Noah, or Enoch. Only Jesus, He came to set us free. Saved us by dying on the cross. Gave us another chance to choose the tree of calvary, in the stead of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. We all have our choice to make. Come AND He will give you rest. There's so much to say of Him. He'll come and save you.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:00pm On Jul 16, 2010
No. I am afraid the christians did. But i can heal myself easy. No worries. grin
toba:

Im happy to here from u that u have a disease. May God heal u.

Im sure u infected your self with the disease ignorantly and no one forced it on u
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:16pm On Jul 16, 2010
precap2:

So sad you're suffering so much because you rejected people full of life.
Who said anything about suffering. Being suspicious is hardly comparable to suffering. And whoever deceived you that christians are full of life? You all live between guilt of the past and fear of afterlife. And in between all that, you all live in self delusion of being the only children of the one true God who spend their days waiting for the world to end, and the arrival of the mythical Jesus character given to you by the white folks to come and make everything in your lives right again, after you all messed up due to your refusal to grow up. No, you are not full of life, but more like walking deads. How can people who have been indoctrinated with the crazy "original sin" doctrine be full of life? The answer is that they can't be.

precap2:

We mix easily because that is how we can get the truth to you - The Pure Truth! Without carnal corruption.
You guys wouldn't know the "truth" if you were hit in the face with it. But that is fine.

precap2:

Holla!
No, thank you! Been there, done it, and left it. There is nothing in it. No open-mindedness(are you kidding me), no vision, peace(can't have that when you live in fear and guilt), love, or anything joyful. smiley
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by nopuqeater: 10:09pm On Jul 16, 2010
Whats more open minded that grasping that God is One without any partner, derivitives, as in trinity or multiple head gods, or god, or many gods, or having a child when He has no consult?

Is there any higher degree of open mindedness in Divinity than the one whose singular purpose is to proclaim and worship the Only God, believing that the God shall give him success of the ultimate kind on the day of Judgement, without any doubt and not seeking anybody's blood or tragedy to be the means of achieving this lofty goal with God, except that God will do it for him, free of charge from His Mercy because this man has not relied on anyone else, but the God Who created him?

This afternoon as I was listening to Jumuah Khutbah, the speaker alluded to te Uniqueness of the Creator, which got me thinking that if we list all the characteristics of man, we will find Muhammad, Jesus, Moses, Abraham, Noah, etc in the group pf what we call human.

On the otherhand, if we list what we know of the Characteristics of God the Creator, we will not find Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, etc in any of them to be able to make a definite statement that just maybe, if we leave the other Characctersistics we d not know, maybe there is no of what we can call characteristics, hence onne of thiese people maybe assumed to be a god, or the real God, in the eye of those who are spiritually sound.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by precap2(m): 2:36pm On Jul 17, 2010
Jenwitemi:

No, thank you! Been there, done it, and left it. There is nothing in it. No open-mindedness(are you kidding me), no vision, peace(can't have that when you live in fear and guilt), love, or anything joyful.

Oh I see what the problem has been. You were with the Christian sect that gave the Muslims the dogmas they hold so dearly. You're still in bondage. If you don't know that Muhammad himself was a member of that Christian sect, then you don't know anything about Islam. To be free you have to become a Christian and not a bead counter and the Prince of Peace will make you a new person. You need peace and love in your life now after passing through the emotional strain of hanging with 1 group that can't separate their right from their left, and then moving to another that copied the doctrine of the first.
Jesus will give you peace my brother.

Holla!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:14pm On Jul 17, 2010
Oh, okay! So i don become a raghead muslim now. Ko buru o! I am whatever you perceive me to be. undecided
precap2:

Oh I see what the problem has been. You were with the Christian sect that gave the Muslims the dogmas they hold so dearly. You're still in bondage. If you don't know that Muhammad himself was a member of that Christian sect, then you don't know anything about Islam. To be free you have to become a Christian and not a bead counter and the Prince of Peace will make you a new person. You need peace and love in your life now after passing through the emotional strain of hanging with 1 group that can't separate their right from their left, and then moving to another that copied the doctrine of the first.
Jesus will give you peace my brother.

Holla!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by precap2(m): 3:22pm On Jul 17, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Oh, okay! So i don become a raghead muslim now. Ko buru o! I am whatever you perceive me to be. undecided

Pele grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Image123(m): 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2010
There's nothing more worth hearing than being saved. And Jesus is the ultimate Saviour. You may not realise that you need to be saved until you've spent and wasted, and found out there's no satisfaction.
There's no true satisfaction outside the Saviour Christ Jesus.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2010
We all need to be saved, alright, but what is meant by, "to be saved"?
A man is thirsty and is looking for a river to quench his thirst. He sees a signpost which gives him detailed directions on how to get to the place to quench his thirst. But instead of reading and following the instructions written on the signpost and making the effort to find the place to quench his thirst by himself, he decides to cling on to the signpost itself and begs it to be his thirstquencher while he becomes it's worshipper. Absolutely insane, you say? Ofcourse it is!

That is what the christian doctrine has turned christians into. The insanes. These poor folks have been programmed to believe that the praise and worship of the status of the image of Jesus is enough to get them their salvation, and have completely demoted whatever message was meant for their salvations to the secodary or tertiary importance. No wonder christiandom is in total disarray.

Now we have christians telling others about salvation when they themselves don't have clue what that is. Weird!
Image123:

There's nothing more worth hearing than being saved. And Jesus is the ultimate Saviour. You may not realise that you need to be saved until you've spent and wasted, and found out there's no satisfaction.
There's no true satisfaction outside the Saviour Christ Jesus.
Because of this silly original sin concept, the best way to be saved is never to have been born. Weird!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Image123(m): 4:17pm On Jul 17, 2010
Oh! But now, we're born and there's no running away from it. We must be born again. Jesus's image or statue is not to be worshipped. Jesus is the Lord to be worshipped for He is Lord, Master, Way, Life, Friend, King, Saviour and God. Quite unique.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2010
I did not say "statue". I said, "Status".
Image123:

Oh! But now, we're born and there's no running away from it. We must be born again. Jesus's image or statue is not to be worshipped.

Like i said. . . Status worshiping, signpost worshiping. You won't get salvation that way.
Image123:

Jesus is the Lord to be worshipped for He is Lord, Master, Way, Life, Friend, King, Saviour and God. Quite unique.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Did God Create So Many Transitional Organisms That Are Being Found Now? / How Can I Read The Bible Well? / What Would Have Happened To Mankind If Adam Did Not Eat The Apple?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.