Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? (12892 Views)

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business / Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by AleAirHub(m): 8:42am On Jan 23, 2018
Op you need brain reset.... undecided undecided undecided Come to my location & see for yourself the way graduate are rushing 21k monthly salary in my company...

Better Use Your Head Before Village People Use It For You angry angry angry
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by johnnychuks(m): 8:43am On Jan 23, 2018
yes!!!
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by lekanation(m): 8:43am On Jan 23, 2018
maclatunji:
The answers here show how Nigeria is getting finished with corruption.

Yet, people will blame the leaders for their problems. Meanwhile, they are short-circuiting the system at every turn.
you're not making sense brother. with this current situation of Nigeria, you want him to leave his job for nysc when there is no guarantee that he will get such job in 10years after nysc.. Nigeria made us this way.
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by Raiders: 8:44am On Jan 23, 2018
why would you leave your nysc for 200 dollars a month job? the salary is not high enought to forfeit your nysc
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by DrCee(m): 8:49am On Jan 23, 2018
Bro Nigeria is not worth sacrifying anything for.. my opinion: met ur LI and change ur ppa or ghost it or if u have not done more than three months, redeploy!
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 23, 2018
frank1k:
To cut the long story short... I went for an interview for a banking job before we went for the mandatory nysc camping, while in camp i received an email that i was successful and has been shortlisted for training which was originally scheduled to commence while we were in camp.

But somehow the training was postponed until we left the camp and i was able to take part in it, we were then invited and given appointment letters and was told to resume officially on the 2nd of January which i did, with a salary that ranges from 80 to 120k per month depending on your performance.

Now the problem is that my boss at my ppa has blatantly refused to reason with me and has threatened to report me to nysc if i fail to come back and resume my duties in his school ...

Right now am totally confused and don't know whether to resign my new found job or continue with the job and ignore nysc for now.

Sacrificing N19800 to LI is better than losing N120,000.

Dont be greedy.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by MzAeetee(f): 9:01am On Jan 23, 2018
[color=#000099][/color]
frank1k:
To cut the long story short... I went for an interview for a banking job before we went for the mandatory nysc camping, while in camp i received an email that i was successful and has been shortlisted for training which was originally scheduled to commence while we were in camp.

But somehow the training was postponed until we left the camp and i was able to take part in it, we were then invited and given appointment letters and was told to resume officially on the 2nd of January which i did, with a salary that ranges from 80 to 120k per month depending on your performance.

Now the problem is that my boss at my ppa has blatantly refused to reason with me and has threatened to report me to nysc if i fail to come back and resume my duties in his school ...

Right now am totally confused and don't know whether to resign my new found job or continue with the job and ignore nysc for now.

Meet ur Lgi and get to an agreement with him, the principal has no say, beside u need the nysc discharge at some point in time so try and shuffle both since u already started the nysc te best is to ghost.

Abeg which bank employe without nysc discharge?
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by FellaL: 9:03am On Jan 23, 2018
frank1k:

Only your LI can save you. Go with a subtle gift and explain your situation, and you will be just fine. They always consider people with jobs. Take along with you proof of your new job. That's all.
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by maclatunji: 9:04am On Jan 23, 2018
lekanation:
you're not making sense brother. with this current situation of Nigeria, you want him to leave his job for nysc when there is no guarantee that he will get such job in 10years after nysc.. Nigeria made us this way.

Everybody has an excuse nah from Yahoo boys, ritualists, armed robbers to corrupt politicians.
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by fridaraku: 9:04am On Jan 23, 2018
Your Boss must be haertless
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by Nackzy: 9:05am On Jan 23, 2018
Quit which job? Don't Try it
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by herraph: 9:08am On Jan 23, 2018
frank1k:

Promise to pay the guy jare. Mtcheww stingy boy
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:10am On Jan 23, 2018
frank1k:
I have done that, i have no problem at the local government level, it's just the principal of the school where i was posted that is proving stubborn.
your LI has the final say, the principal no fit do anything. Just bone the principal.
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by FellaL: 9:10am On Jan 23, 2018
GIDIBANKZ:
You just ask a stupid question.....why didn't work ya Nysc to the state were your Job is Located?? You will be coming here to ask of stupid question

smh!
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by FellaL: 9:14am On Jan 23, 2018
radiokilla:
I believe others have said it all. Don't be greedy, let your LI take the 19,800 whilst you keep your job. You may not be lucky to have a job easily. Don't allow that selfish principal ruin your future.

some LI sef no go take reach that 19k. Some nice like that.
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by OldBeer: 9:17am On Jan 23, 2018
OgahBohz:

Mr man I use GOD TO BEG YOU , I USE UR MAMA BEG U , DONT EVEN DARE TO DROP UR JOB FOR NYSC , I REPEAT DONT EVEN THINK OF IT, I HAD DSME OPPORTUNITY LST TWO YEARS ND I FUKED UP, NOW I M DONE SERVING ND CAN'T GET A GOOD JOB, PLS ND PLS DO WHATEVER U HAVE TO DO , BT DNT BCUZ OF D STUPID SCHEME CALLD NYSC ND LOOSE THIS OPPORTUNITY, HI ND MEET UR LGI, IF HE REFUSES MEET UR ZI, IF HE REFUSES JST FORGET THE NYSC WORST CASE U WILL BE GIVEN QUARY ND IF U NO UR WAY U WILL STILL GET UR CERT , BRIBE ANYBODY BRIBABLE ... HONESTLY NYSC IS THE BIGGEST MOST ANNOYING SCAM IN NIGERIA A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME !

I'M TALKING FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE OOOOOOOO

DONT DROP UR JOB FOR NYSC PLSSS !
grin grin grin grin E be like say NYSC do you strong thing o!
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by gonkin(m): 9:19am On Jan 23, 2018
If i had a job of that amount before nysc, i wouldn't have served. Talk to your LI infact give him all the 19800, just sign and leave
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by 3html: 9:19am On Jan 23, 2018
Reason with your LGI, if possible give him all the 19800..... That's what I did. In fact someone was signing for me, incase you guys use biometrics, come for only monthly clearance which will take just a day then leave.

With your new Job, plan your life very well, in fact try save above 50% of your salaries, u can get a land as cheap as 500-800 before the end of this year then plan building, don't ever think of marriage for now unless your dad is well to do...... Nigeria of now days is not easy only those who can see tomorrow effectively n plan for it successfully will escape , don't spend on girls if possible stay from them for now unless you have any that is not demanding.

Dont resign that job. That principal must be high.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by tunes1102: 9:24am On Jan 23, 2018
Best advise!!! Your LI will transfer you to another school where has connection
Next2Bezee:

Yes you Local Government Inspector has the final say. No matter how your principal complains, he can't go over your LGI's head. Your LGI can even remove you from that school and put you in another where he has connections, as long as you settle with him.

Don't tell your LGI you have a job or he will request more money or collect your entire allawee. I don't know how you got a job at a bank without NYSC cert but do not lose it for anything.
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 23, 2018
frank1k:

Right now am totally confused and don't know whether to resign my new found job or continue whith the job and ignore nysc for now.
I smell something fishy. Please which bank is this. Cause I would love for my Freinds to work there.
80k to 120k.which bank, and which type of work on performance
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by hpymoment(f): 10:01am On Jan 23, 2018
dont quit your job......i repeat dont quit your job cos of nysc or u will regret it later. this one your ppa is school sef na d worst.
meet your lgi but dont tell him dat u hve a job.
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by adekhingz(m): 10:02am On Jan 23, 2018
You will eventually be needing your NYSC certificate later in the future. Try explaining your situation to your L.I. Even if you have to part with your full monthly Allowee, Please do. If that fails, try explaining to your boss at work. If both the L.I and your boss don't reason with you, just face your ONE YEAR service and apply elsewhere. #No_one_comments_after_me
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by joenor(m): 10:20am On Jan 23, 2018
My dear work a transfer to your place of work, ppl do it.
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by donsaggy(m): 10:21am On Jan 23, 2018
Oga abeg no quit that Job oo... u had better chat with your LI oo there is always a way... shebi is naija... and Just in case your are thinking of quitting i can always fill in Sha..

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by nizelgirl(f): 10:29am On Jan 23, 2018
How can you quit your job because of NYSC as if the school principal can afford to pay you, if he still proves stubborn then meet with your LI to take you to another school or better still go and look for another school. Forget about your school principal His just trying to form boss our nothing.
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 23, 2018
frank1k:

How can a bank offer you job with out nysc unless if you are not a full staff .....how ever ,I advise you go for nysc ..find a way of working it out with your branch manager if not ,sorry you will have to for the mandatory 1 year service ..it is not an option
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by lastchild: 11:15am On Jan 23, 2018
GIDIBANKZ:
You just ask a stupid question.....why didn't work ya Nysc to the state were your Job is Located?? You will be coming here to ask of stupid question
you are a fool, I hate people like this slowpoke that claim they are more intelligent than God, people make mistakes in all corners of life and still ask questions of how to get out of it, let alone someone who didn't make any mistake, just that he's looking for a way to make things better and you are here calling his question stupid, foolish idiot

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by grandstar(m): 11:19am On Jan 23, 2018
frank1k:

S
You need your NYSC certificate.

I will advise you to defer your NYSC.
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by GIDIBANKZ(m): 12:30pm On Jan 23, 2018
lastchild:
you are a fool, I hate people like this slowpoke that claim they are more intelligent than God, people make mistakes in all corners of life and still ask questions of how to get out of it, let alone someone who didn't make any mistake, just that he's looking for a way to make things better and you are here calling his question stupid, foolish idiot

Mumu boy
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by Whizzing(m): 12:44pm On Jan 23, 2018
maclatunji:

Ah! The typical Nigerian "sense" that is leaving the country in shambles. I hope not to have that kind of "sense".

Oga... U no get WISENESS joor
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by frank1k: 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2018
grandstar:

S You need your NYSC certificate.
I will advise you to defer your NYSC.
Defer How exactly?
Re: Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? by maclatunji: 1:24pm On Jan 23, 2018
Whizzing:

Oga... U no get WISENESS joor

"Wiseness", Oh dear! What school did you attend?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Else Got This? Zen Rise / Aptitude Test & Interviews for Graduate roles At M-P Infrastructure meet here! / Graduate And Entry Level Positions Recruitment At P&G –apply Now Before Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.