Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" (64800 Views)

Abdullahi Bodejo Denies Making Statement About Fulani Ruling Nigeria Forever / Hussaini Mairiga Blasts Buhari Over Dasuki, Says Cabal Ruling Nigeria / Buhari's Resignation: Secondus Not Capable Of Original Thinking - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by spinna: 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2018
First all of you talking here you dont know its easy to s*&t but to clean it is hard.

Every single soul in the south and mid belt must come out to vote and monitor counting if you want this guy to go.

Also be very vigilant and watchful of those around you

Or u think these guys are "democratic gentlemen" like Jona? These are evil schemers but God will scatter their schemes and make them run mad with the blood they have drunk.

All this keyboard shouting will not push out the wahala u pple have brought upon yourselves, action, prayer, fasting and vigilance are needed.

Very Good on Baba for speaking the truth in this time of silence in the face of ethnic bigotry and genocidal acts with govt acquiescence. Obj i wasnt ur greatest fan but i have long appreciated your role in this democracy. Baba may you continue to be strong like a stone
Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by brookz: 4:40pm On Jan 23, 2018
This Long Essay is Vague and a Beautiful Nonsense.

No Authentic Source

No Reference and

No Date.

If i can't see the original copy of the Letter, I don't believe it.

From all indications, the OP is one of the 5% ters.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by akinwun(m): 4:43pm On Jan 23, 2018
Obj will be arrested eventually. I know many will say it is impossible, but, when u see dat happen, he who is at the top of his house should not bother coming in for his shirt; he who is on his farm should not bother returning home; and pray that your flight will not be during the winter

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 23, 2018
The most bestest news Av waited for so far in 2018...
Once dis man leave buhhari back,it is FINISHED says the lord of host...
Now I Knw d game don change for dat dullard...
Lets jus pray anoda party gives us a beta alternative like he was in 2015..

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by bossrillboss: 4:46pm On Jan 23, 2018
#in fela's voice# na so dia life dey roll,lik one yeye ball wey one yeye wind dey blow from one yeye corner.another nonsense new party loading from one yeye group from one yeye corner grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by 1nigeriamyfoot: 4:47pm On Jan 23, 2018
seunmsg:
Baba has spoken and i cannot even fault most of his observations. However, who should we support in 2019? PDP is not an option in as much as a Fulani man will be flying their ticket. I will never be a party to putting a Fulani man in aso rock for 12 years.

A coalition of Nigerians movement? Well, lets see how it goes.
is it a must to be between PDP & APC?

I will never vote for any candidate from the north, I prefer candidate from middlebelt, SS, SE, SW.

Say no to northernization agenda!
Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by ikeyman00(m): 4:51pm On Jan 23, 2018
Lordadam16

who could you blame eh; Some go to church on the hope they will make heaven without even knowing they are in hell already.

The yoruba pastor and father mbaka keep telling people lies instead help to guide the living

There is no reasoning and logic in the zoo called Nigeria anymore.

Humanity has left long ago hence the reason 6 year old walk around to sell orange in the zoo called Nigeria and these afonja pastor see nothing wrong.

Here now even with all the blood in Buhari 's hand afonja are still all over him; The boko harem hausa fulani herdsmen have killed babies and destroyed so many home with no response from Hitlier in aso rock but a common bike accident some have been sacked

Do you remember SIA BABA era; have you notice the way it has fizzled out

they once said infidel Jonathan created boko harem; can you believe

now they are telling us herdsmen are outsiders nawooo

even GEN BUHARI nl user is left scratching his head

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by LordAdam16: 4:51pm On Jan 23, 2018
spinna:
First all of you talking here you dont know its easy to s*&t but to clean it is hard.

Every single soul in the south and mid belt must come out to vote and monitor counting if you want this guy to go.

Also be very vigilant and watchful of those around you, have you noticed the influx of northerners to the south? are they thumbs for ballots or God forbid trigger fingers for AKs. The game plan might be to scatter and cause a coup, or to rig (have you looked at all the national appointments?)

Or u think these guys are "democratic gentlemen" like Jona? These are evil schemers but God will scatter their schemes and make them run mad with the blood they have drunk.

All this keyboard shouting will not push out the wahala u pple have brought upon yourselves, action, prayer, fasting and vigilance are needed.

Very Good on Baba for speaking the truth in this time of silence in the face of ethnic bigotry and genocidal acts with govt acquiescence. Obj i wasnt ur greatest fan but i have long appreciated your role in this democracy. Baba may you continue to be strong like a stone

No leave them.

Let them stay here and think they'd boot Buhari out with a PVC. As if it's not his appointee that would count the votes.

There would be widespread voter apathy in SS and SE. SS/SE would vote PDP. OBJ says no PDP. Middle Belt would be split. SW would be split, as always.

And the person they want to vote out has kept an arch-enemy of one of his boys in prison for 2 years, murdered thousands of innocent protesters, and wants to establish cattle colonies while his tribesmen are killing people for sport. Same person appointed his kinsmen to all the sensitive positions.

Buhari has been preparing for this eventuality since 2015. I remember when we were warning about these appointments, these same people said it didn't matter. The man has been planning this since he came in. And he is smiling like an evil genius as all the ducks come in a row.

You've actually got m0r0ns who got used, thought they were smart, still think they're in charge like the frog in a beaker, and they are about to get a rude awakening.

Whatever Buhari and his cabal are planning has got the First Family sh*tting in their pants. The First Family. And these f*ckers think it's business as usual. Un-f*cking-believable!

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by sonofoluku: 4:52pm On Jan 23, 2018
three:
Baba knew this in 2015

But then it was Anything But Jonathan

Jonathan himself was a misfit. Fine

However coming from an anything but mindset led to fielding an even more inglorious misfit with a guaranteed bankable rate of failure in National Politics and leadership. This president has rebased and recalibrated Cluelessness.

For those who know/knew him this was literally a certainty.

It was guaranteed that he will fail, even the people who put him in power knew he would fail but it was all highwire politics the cost of which is almost incalculable with loss of lives, poverty and National Attrition.

We are set to make the same mistake again with anything but Buhari.

El-Ruffy is worse than Buhari, Yahaya Bello is worse than Buhari, Amaechi is worse than Buhari.

The only person I think that can bring change is Yakubu Dogara-speaker house of reps.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by ikeyman00(m): 4:55pm On Jan 23, 2018
akinwun(m): 4:43pm
Obj will be arrested eventually. I know many will say it is impossible, but, when u see dat happen, he who is at the top of his house should not bother coming in for his shirt; he who is on his farm should not bother returning home; and pray that your flight will not be during the winter

Impossible

then OBJ will tell the world where Buhari hide 2 billion dollars that gone missing under his watch when he was a petrol minister.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by ozimec(m): 5:01pm On Jan 23, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
And for who to run?

This is a quote from a Self Serving Opportunist, Who Wanted To Alter The Constitution Of The Country, For An Illegal 3rd Term!

The same man who kept Tony Anenin In Government for 8 Years?

Obasanjo is just pained, that he has been sidelined in the affairs of APC/PDP...hence his selfish demand for a Phantom Movement...

Who are going to be the members of the new movement?

The same APC/PDP members?

The same brainwashed youths?

Abeg this yeye man should go and enjoy his loot!

Sorry, what's your own opinion, to allow this disaster (pmb/APC) to continue beyond 2019?
Like him or hate him, he has spoken the truth.

" “Let us accept that the present administration has done what it can do to the limit of its ability, aptitude and understanding. Let the administration and its political party platform agree with the rest of us that what they have done and what they are capable of doing is not good enough for us. They have given as best as they have and as best as they can give. Nigeria deserves and urgently needs better than what they have given or what we know they are capable of giving. To ask them to give more will be unrealistic and will only sentence Nigeria to a prison term of four years if not destroy it beyond the possibility of an early recovery and substantial growth."

I don't know if you can dispute the above facts.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by millhouse: 5:06pm On Jan 23, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

obj should then learn to advise each leader early not when elections are near he will begin his campaign of letter writing......critizing the president with the sole aim of achieving his planned strategy to dislodge the president....who suppose to have known this obj tactics by now
i just tire for some people thinking I swear..old man wey know say him health no good, dey see say he is becoming unpopular and should have started grooming a successor by now which the elders states men in the country have been expecting him to do ..but he has been keeping mute and now in his cowishness wants to recontest for 2019..and u want to castigate OBJ for this? Some people are just incorrigible.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by LordAdam16: 5:09pm On Jan 23, 2018
brookz:
This Long Essay is Vague and a Beautiful Nonsense.

No Authentic Source

No Reference and

No Date.

If i can't see the original copy of the Letter, I don't believe it.

From all indications, the OP is one of the 5% ters.

Oga it's on Vanguard.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/obasanjo-rejects-buharis-2019-bid/

As you were typing your comment, Buhari summoned Tinubu and Akande to explain the letter -- https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/breaking-buhari-tinubu-akande-closed-door-meeting/

Trust me, you guys messed the wrong person. Tinubu is at a crossroad now. Side with Buhari and become public enemy #1/Dasuki of the next administration should Buhari win, or tell Buhari to f*ck off and be the newest arrival at Kuje.

Buhari can't touch OBJ, but Tinubu na moi-moi case. So f*cking loving this right now.

At least we warned you guys in 2015. So long suckers.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by unbitchable(m): 5:09pm On Jan 23, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Delusional! Vote against him for Who Atiku? Dakwemba? Fayose? Who?
Chill. By August, speculations will be over, all cards will be on the table.
Nigerians have been patient enough, not even Gej enjoyed a fraction that PMB had.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by millhouse: 5:20pm On Jan 23, 2018
LordAdam16:

Oga it's on Vanguard.

As you were typing your comment, Buhari summoned Tinubu and Akande to explain the letter -- https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/breaking-buhari-tinubu-akande-closed-door-meeting/

Trust me, you guys messed the wrong person. Tinubu is at a crossroad now. Side with Buhari and become public enemy #1/Dasuki of the next administration should Buhari win, or tell Buhari to f*ck off and be the newest arrival at Kuje.

Buhari can't touch OBJ, but Tinubu na moi-moi case. So f*cking loving this right now.

-Lord
just look at the way he is quick to summon his party men on a letter that just got to the public few hrs ago..how I wish this was the response he has been giving to the killings and other national issues he would have etched his name in gold...someone that his own wife is against him recontesting yet people are clapping hia name here leading the man astray.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by LordAdam16: 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2018
millhouse:
just look at the way he is quick to summon his party men on a letter that just got to the public few hrs ago..how I wish this was the response he has been giving to the killings and other national issues he would have etched his name in gold...someone that his own wife is against him recontesting yet people are clapping hia name here leading the man astray.

Intelligence got wind of the letter before it went public.

This man doesn't care about any national issue. He only wants to be President and exercise his bigotry unchallenged. And the people supporting him are either in league with him or don't care.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by unbitchable(m): 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2018
LordAdam16:

Oga it's on Vanguard.

-Lord
Lol, you think Tinubu is a political greenhorn or looks like an individual who would be intimidated by Buhari or his cabals?
They aren't that stupid, they'd pick their fights with utmost care.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by millhouse: 5:29pm On Jan 23, 2018
Wickedness is in levels. This president's own pass!!. the same man that is deaf to the murder of innocent children and women, can act this fast just because his political ambition is at stake. I thought he said he likes taking his time to reflect. Why call an urgent meeting just few hours after OBJ released his statement. This is the height of evil. I warn southern Nigeria again, If Buhari is reelected this country the region is finished. This man has no atom of human sympathy at all!!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by Charly68: 5:29pm On Jan 23, 2018
Ebora Owu has spoken,I expect this to happen all along ..he was watching & waiting,thank God you have finally spoken Baba ..

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by LordAdam16: 5:32pm On Jan 23, 2018
unbitchable:
Lol, you think Tinubu is a political greenhorn or looks like an individual who would be intimidated by Buhari or his cabals?

You think Buhari and his cabals give a sh*t about a Chicago druglord. The US has his dossier. I'm sure Buhari has it in his hands. http://saharareporters.com/2009/02/18/bola-tinubus-heroin-tainted-assets-forfeiture-judgement

Why do you think they left OBJ and went straight for Tinubu? OBJ is untouchable. Tinubu isn't.

El-Rufai insulted Tinubu last year. Northern Youths insulted Akande last year. Do you want links?

Tinubu's case can still be revisited. Malami said that in 2016. They saw the end from the beginning. Do you f*cking think these people started playing national politics in 2011 like Tinubu?

Tinubu's only allies in the government are Osinbajo and Lai Mohammed. Both of them will skrrr faster than Bolt if Tinubu cuts ties.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by Sagamite(m): 5:32pm On Jan 23, 2018
LordAdam16:

Mention any First Lady in Nigeria that did not become wealthier after their administration? Just one.

A Second Lady in Bayelsa, First Lady in Bayelsa, Second Lady of Nigeria, then First Lady of Nigeria. And her assets are less than $100m. Every First Lady in Africa both alive and dead would be ashamed of her.

You see your problem, you think only some people should steal.

And did you really just say it is okay to pay killers instead of prosecute them?

What an animal! No wonder you voted the animal in Aso Rock.

-Lord

Look at the reasoning of this fuuktard!

What an utter cretinous fuuktard!

I have repeatedly advocated that in the ideal world, people with your type and level of reasoning should be dragged out on the streets and have a bullet pumped into your moronic, daft brains for the good of the world.

As that ideal world is far aware, I will settle for now with your daft arses being sold like cattle in Libya.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by LordAdam16: 5:33pm On Jan 23, 2018
Sagamite:

Look at the reasoning of this fuuktard!

What an utter cretinous fuuktard!

I have repeatedly advocated that in the ideal world, people with your type and level of reasoning should be dragged out on the streets and have a bullet pumped into your moronic, daft brains for the good of the world.

As that ideal world is far aware, I will settle for now with your daft arses being sold like cattle in Libya.

Stop bleating.

Mention one name.

Only one name. That shouldn't be so hard for you, no?

BASTARD!

-Lord
Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by agarawu23(m): 5:34pm On Jan 23, 2018
abokibuhari:
This ugly animal too they talk shocked
he might be animal to you but he still remains the godfather of all politicians in Nigeria.

He said the fact about Jonathan and he is also saying the fact about PMB too. Only idiotss will vote him again.

I was once an APC online warrior but Buhari is a failure to Nigeria and shouldn't be re-elected. angry

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by Sagamite(m): 5:35pm On Jan 23, 2018
ikeyman00:

This is precisely what im talking about; i believe this man lives in Uk and even with all the providence the whole world could see sophistication at its peak!

Okay do you seriously believe anything has changed; all the people around boko harem Buhari are stealing and he looks the other way. NNPC never paid a dime in the so called single account and nobody is talking and to cap it all billion is budget in food; wetin dem dey cook shocked

Even the clinics in aso rock do not have syringe and his wife technically told Nigerians the level of kworruption going on in the zoo called Nigeria

however this is you in trashing around

my goodness me

Yeah, you honestly thought in your head that anyone can stop corruption in Nigeria in 3 years?

Or even 10?

While the person is running a country, the judiciary & police are corrupt and the person is even sick for months?

What foolishness!
Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by Sagamite(m): 5:36pm On Jan 23, 2018
LordAdam16:

Stop bleating.

Mention one name.

Only one name. That shouldn't be so hard for you, no?

BASTARD!

-Lord

What utter moronic fuuktard!
Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by sunsewa16: 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
And for who to run?

This is a quote from a Self Serving Opportunist, Who Wanted To Alter The Constitution Of The Country, For An Illegal 3rd Term!

The same man who kept Tony Anenin In Government for 8 Years?

Obasanjo is just pained, that he has been sidelined in the affairs of APC/PDP...hence his selfish demand for a Phantom Movement...

Who are going to be the members of the new movement?

The same APC/PDP members?

The same brainwashed youths?

Abeg this yeye man should go and enjoy his loot!

See u,if care is not taking u will bring indirect unknown curse to ur family through buhari ass licking, when what is bad is good in ur sight due to foolish sentiments, such bad things which u termed in ur sight to be good will visit one way or the other.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by CharleyBright(m): 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2018
Love him or Hate him, Obsanjo is a True Patriot. He may be sometimes crude, but he is always frank. If Nigeria know the dynamics of Nigerian politics, it has to be Olusegun Obasanjo. He has been there, and has seen it all. Undermine him at your peril.
I took time to read his piece. Though long, but I must say it was well delivered and couldn't be better. Unfortunately, many negative comments about his message shows many people didn't bother to read thru his message.
This is obviously a Democratic Coup. Obasanjo has nailed and buried the dying Buhari's govt by this message.
He told the truth the way it is as per the state of the nation. And he has scored Buhari as a Failed President.
He has advised Buhari not to contest. If he does, he will most likely lose.
Buhari and his APC govt are dead and buried.
Am very sure many Nigerians will join his National Train.
Obasanjo has just planned a legitimate Democratic Coup., And it is good for the Nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by Warship: 5:41pm On Jan 23, 2018
LordAdam16:

Yep, that's the only vocab you have right?

Cretin!

Have you got any others. So f*cking predictable.

Well, keep foaming in the mouth. 2019 would be interesting. When old friends become foes. Except I think fate has finally served you guys a fitting villian.

I mean you guys hated one person for 30 years, then handed him everything on a platter, only to tell him he's been dumped 3 yrs later, then expect him to go down easy. Same person who was responsible for all post-election violence since 1999 when he never had a chance to win.

Oh, the guts! I'm so happy neither May nor Trump cares about whatever Buhari does here. It's going to be a treat. Seeing Zakzaky lose his eye and his sons was fun. Staying imprisoned for 2 years was great. Oby getting arrested was even better. And the man is just warming up.

Thankfully, there'd be no IBB to save your a$$es this time. It'd be f*cking glorious.

-Lord

I foresee Fulani herdsmen terrorists invading the SW now that OBJ has spoken against Buhari.

The Caliphate will come all out for the West.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by Kei144(m): 5:42pm On Jan 23, 2018
Praise be to God for giving this country somebody like Obasanjo. I pray that Obasanjo will help to steer this country to sanity before his exit. Which other person in this country can perform this kind of role he is performing?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by godwon01(m): 5:43pm On Jan 23, 2018
abokibuhari:
This ugly animal too they talk shocked
U don't have respect for elders. Name any rulers in the country that has achieved what OBJ has done for this country.U are very stupid for calling Obasanjo that name.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by LordAdam16: 5:45pm On Jan 23, 2018
Sagamite:

What utter moronic fuuktard!

Taking a chill pill you POS?

Can't even answer a question. And then rooting for someone who pays killers. How low can Sagamite really go just because of pride?

Utter disgrace!

See how easy it was for me to put you in your place. *spits*

-Lord
Re: Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" by Tecno66: 5:47pm On Jan 23, 2018
See finishing.
stephanie11:
@POLITICSNGR

Ex-president, Olusegun Obasanjo has in a 13-page Scathing statement called on the president of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari to bury any plans of recontesting in 2019.

Obasanjo, in a special g statement obtained by PoliticsNGR, titled “The Way Out: A Clarion Call for Coalition for Nigeria Movement”, urged President Buhari to "honourably dismount from the Horse" and join the league of the country’s former leaders whose “experience, influence, wisdom, and outreach can be deployed on the sideline for the good of the country.”

Obasanjo disclosed that he feels disappointed with Buhari's performance. OBJ also wrote a similar letter in 2013 against President Goodluck Jonathan, wrote; “Even the horse rider then, with whom I maintain very cordial, happy and social relationship today has come to realise his mistakes and regretted it publicly and I admire his courage and forthrightness in this regard,”.

“He has a role to play on the sideline for the good of Nigeria, Africa, and humanity and I will see him as a partner in playing such a role nationally and internationally, but not as a horse rider in Nigeria again.”

“The lice of poor performance in government – poverty, insecurity, poor economic management, nepotism, gross dereliction of duty, condonation of misdeed – if not outright encouragement of it, lack of progress and hope for the future, lack of national cohesion and poor management of internal political dynamics and widening inequality – are very much with us today,” he wrote.

“With such lice of general and specific poor performance and crying poverty with us, our fingers will not be dry of ‘blood’,” he added.

OBJ thanked Buhari for the way he handled the Boko Haram crisis but pointed out that he failed to be efficient in other areas. He admitted knowing that Buhari was weak in handling the economy, he went ahead and voted for him because at the time “it was a matter of ‘any option but Jonathan’” and because he thought Mr Buhari would appoint qualified Nigerians to help out in that area.

He slammed Mr Buhari for turning a blind eye to corruption within his government saying it amounted to condonation and cover-up saying whoever is “going to justice must be with clean hands.”

He also berated Mr Buhari for allowing the clashes between herdsmen and farmers to go “sour” and messy saying the endorsement of the President by some governors to seek re-election barely 24 hours after 73 people who were killed by herdsmen in Benue State were given mass burial was “a sad symptom of insensitivity and callousness.”

But Mr. Obasanjo reserved his harshest words for what he described as Mr. Buhari’s clannishness, lack of understanding of the dynamics of politics, and his tendencies to pass the buck of his government’s inadequacies to the immediate past administration.

“But there are three other areas where President Buhari has come out more glaringly than most of us thought we knew about him. One is nepotic deployment bordering on clannishness and inability to bring discipline to bear on errant members of his nepotic court. This has grave consequences on performance of his government to the detriment of the nation. It would appear that national interest was being sacrificed on the altar of nepotic interest. What does one make of a case like that of Maina: collusion, condonation, ineptitude, incompetence, dereliction of responsibility or kinship and friendship on the part of those who should have taken visible and deterrent disciplinary action? How many similar cases are buried, ignored or covered up and not yet in the glare of the media and the public?

“The second is his poor understanding of the dynamics of internal politics. This has led to wittingly or unwittingly making the nation more divided and inequality has widened and become more pronounced. It also has effect on general national security.

“The third is passing the buck. For instance, blaming the Governor of the Central Bank for devaluation of the naira by 70% or so and blaming past governments for it, is to say the least, not accepting one’s own responsibility. Let nobody deceive us, economy feeds on politics and because our politics is depressing, our economy is even more depressing today. If things were good, President Buhari would not need to come in. He was voted to fix things that were bad and not engage in the blame game.”

Buhari and the APC not the Solution to Nigeria's Problem

Mr Obasanjo thus argued that neither Mr Buhari nor his party, the All Progressives Congress hold the solution to the country’s problems. He suggested that Mr Buhari was not healthy enough to withstand the rigour associated with running a country like Nigeria neither does his party capable of providing the answer needed to sail the country through its difficulties.

Mr Obasanjo said Buhari should step down at the end of his first term with honour and dignity and attend to his health and should not listen to the his “self-serving so-called adviserswho would claim that they love him more than God loves him and that without him, there would be no Nigeria say.”

“President Buhari needs a dignified and honourable dismount from the horse. He needs to have time to reflect, refurbish physically and recoup and after appropriate rest, once again, join the stock of Nigerian leaders whose experience, influence, wisdom and outreach can be deployed on the side line for the good of the country. His place in history is already assured. Without impaired health and strain of age, running the affairs of Nigeria is a 25/7 affair, not 24/7.

“I only appeal to brother Buhari to consider a deserved rest at this point in time and at this age. I continue to wish him robust health to enjoy his retirement from active public service. President Buhari does not necessarily need to heed my advice. But whether or not he heeds it, Nigeria needs to move on and move forward,” he said.

“I have had occasion in the past to say that the two main political parties – APC and PDP – were wobbling. I must reiterate that nothing has happened to convince me otherwise. If anything, I am reinforced in my conviction. The recent show of PDP must give grave and great concern to lovers of Nigeria.

“To claim, as has been credited to the chief kingmaker of PDP, that for procuring the Supreme Court judgement for his faction of the Party, he must dictate the tune all the way and this is indeed fraught with danger.

“If neither APC nor PDP is a worthy horse to ride to lead Nigeria at this crucial and critical time, what then do we do? Remember Farooq Kperogi, an Associate Professor at the Kennesaw State University, Georgia, United States, calls it “a cruel Hobson’s choice; it’s like a choice between six and half a dozen, between evil and evil. Any selection or deflection would be a distinction without a difference.” We cannot just sit down lamenting and wringing our hands desperately and hopelessly.

Coalition of Nigerians

Having ruled out the PDP and the ruling APC of possessing the panacea to the malaise that ails the country, Mr Obasanjo therefore called for a movement he termed Coalition of Nigeria, which he offered to be a part of, to wrest power from the present ruling class and lead the country into the path of rebirth.

“We can collectively save ourselves from the position we find ourselves. It will not come through self-pity, fruitless complaint or protest but through constructive and positive engagement and collective action for the good of our nation and ourselves and our children and their children. We need moral re-armament and engaging togetherness of people of like-mind and goodwill to come solidly together to lift Nigeria up. This is no time for trading blames or embarking on futile argument and neither should we accept untenable excuses for non-performance.

“Let us accept that the present administration has done what it can do to the limit of its ability, aptitude and understanding. Let the administration and its political party platform agree with the rest of us that what they have done and what they are capable of doing is not good enough for us. They have given as best as they have and as best as they can give. Nigeria deserves and urgently needs better than what they have given or what we know they are capable of giving. To ask them to give more will be unrealistic and will only sentence Nigeria to a prison term of four years if not destroy it beyond the possibility of an early recovery and substantial growth.

“The development and modernization of our country and society must be anchored and sustained on dynamic Nigerian culture, enduring values and an enchanting Nigerian dream. We must have abiding faith in our country and its role and place within the comity of nations. Today, Nigeria needs all hands on deck. All hands of men and women of goodwill must be on deck. We need all hands to move our country forward.

“We need a Coalition for Nigeria, CN. Such a Movement at this juncture needs not be a political party but one to which all well-meaning Nigerians can belong. That Movement must be a coalition for democracy, good governance, social and economic well-being and progress. Coalition to salvage and redeem our country. You can count me with such a Movement. Last time, we asked, prayed and worked for change and God granted our request. This time, we must ask, pray and work for change with unity, security and progress. And God will again grant us. Of course, nothing should stop such a Movement from satisfying conditions for fielding candidates for elections. But if at any stage the Movement wishes to metamorphose into candidate-sponsoring Movement for elections, I will bow out of the Movement because I will continue to maintain my non-partisan position. Coalition for Nigeria must have its headquarters in Abuja.

“This Coalition for Nigeria will be a Movement that will drive Nigeria up and forward. It must have a pride of place for all Nigerians, particularly for our youth and our women. It is a coalition of hope for all Nigerians for speedy, quality and equal development, security, unity, prosperity and progress. It is a coalition to banish poverty, insecurity and despair. Our country must not be oblivious to concomitant danger around, outside and ahead. Coalition for Nigeria must be a Movement to break new ground in building a united country, a socially-cohesive and moderately prosperous society with equity, equality of opportunity, justice and a dynamic and progressive economy that is self-reliant and takes active part in global division of labour and international decision-making.

“The Movement must work out the path of development and the trajectory of development in speed, quality and equality in the short- medium- and long-term for Nigeria on the basis of sustainability, stability, predictability, credibility, security, cooperation and prosperity with diminishing inequality. What is called for is love, commitment and interest in our country, not in self, friends and kinship alone but particularly love, compassion and interest in the poor, underprivileged and downtrodden.

https://politicsngr.com/buhari-not-capable-ruling-nigeria-obasanjo-warns-not-run-2019read-letter/

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sokoto State "Property" Eradication Agency Bus (Photo) / Abike Dabiri-erewa Blast NBC On Radio Biafra Pix / Moment The Ekweremadus & Their Doctor, Were Sentenced By UK Judge (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.