Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! (2004 Views)

I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy / Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed / I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by letskeeptalking: 2:47pm On Jan 23, 2018
Hello, #letskeeptalking, there's a pressing issues I want us to talk about.

I met this young man (married) about 6 months ago in my place of work. I have to admit that he's a very handsome, intelligent and successful man and if we both weren't married we (probably) would have been involved in a romantic relationship. But we are both married and very well aware of that. We have never, at any point in time engaged in, or even discussed any romantic or out of line topic. We are strictly just friends.

From the first time we met, we found out that we were very comfortable with each other and became close friends . We talked about everything and anything . . . Our spouses, kids, prayer life, future e.t.c. Sometimes we talk into the middle of the night sometimes, or even early hours of the morning. We just generally enjoy each other's company. My husband knows about him, and his wife knows about me.

However, of recent I'm beginning to feel guilty about my relationship with this man. I feel we are just too close for comfort. Please note that us dating is completely out of the question, because we are both good Christians who have great value for our marriages. I however don't know why I am beginning to feel guilty about how close we both are. He recently suggested we met each other's spouses in person and introduce both families, so we could all be family friends; but I don't know why I am averse to that suggestion.

I don't know how to talk to him about the way I feel and I don't want him to feel bad for any reason at all. I also don't want to have to withdraw from the relationship, because truth be told, we have been best of friends to each other, and the friendship means a lot to him (and me).

So my question is, should I feel guilty about it, OR should I relax and let the friendship grow further?

(From my inbox)

1 Like

Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by JULIE1925(f): 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2018
grin

This girl has a dirty hidden agenda that's why the guilt is killing her softly.. cheesy

Abeeeg, who are gisting in the middle of the night or early hours if its not PHONE/SEX regardless of ur religion.. undecided

6 Likes

Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by johnbuck81(m): 3:19pm On Jan 23, 2018
madam... please try and caught off any form of friendship with that ur friend. don't come here tomorrow and start crying for advice when water pass garri o!
Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by Tmex(m): 3:23pm On Jan 23, 2018
Aunty, I will want to advise that you stay clear and maintain a some worth distant relationship with him, don't be too sure, and who says your man is not feeling jealous already? he just might decide not to spill it out. when the bible said "flee away from the devil", you think he's going to come in person?

2 Likes

Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by Prognose: 3:25pm On Jan 23, 2018
This is a perfect example of an Emotional Affair...

She's feeling guilty because she yearns for more but knows that it is wrong because she is married.

The solution is for her to take a break from this man. Let the feelings brought on by cupid's arrow of lust die down. She should keep her distance for a few months. By the time she resumes the relationship those feelings ought to have fizzled out.

If she follows the above instructions the prognosis is good.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by UjuJoan2: 3:34pm On Jan 23, 2018
Personally I think two people (a man and woman) can be just friends or they both decide to, but in this case I'm not sure it's possible. Obviously madam is begining to catch feelings which is why she is starting to feel guilty about meeting his wife in person.

Let her stay away before she makes a fool of herself.

I sha wonder how they can explain midnight conversations to their spouses lipsrsealed undecided

5 Likes

Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by UjuJoan2: 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2018
JULIE1925:
grin

This girl has a dirty hidden agenda that's why the guilt is killing her softly.. cheesy

Abeeeg, who are gisting in the middle of the night or early hours if its not PHONE/SEX regardless of ur religion.. undecided

I agree. They may not be having phone intimacy but they are definitely having an emotional affair.

1 Like

Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by jashar(f): 3:59pm On Jan 23, 2018
aunty, cut off all informal ties of communication. if you want someone to talk to, talk to your husband. if you like, keep looking for trouble there oo...

undecided

mbok, where is your husband when you're gisting with another man at night kwa?

5 Likes

Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by SilentBang(m): 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2018
Truth is its alot easier to give advice than to take one... glad im the one giving. tongue

Okay if she is feeling guilty... lol she is already guilty! maybe just a few steps away from "Don't know how it happened"

She needs to keep some distance from that man, and limit the coversations.

About both families meeting ?? all depends on the two families involved, she should understand her hubby's countenance better and know if its a Go or not.

Mrs needs to banish every evil fantacies she is having...

#but i think she might do the exact opposite of most advice given to her grin grin

1 Like

Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by Diamond23(f): 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2018
[color=#770077][/color]If I may ask.....allow d relationship to grow further to where . Beta cut off d relationship or u both should put a limit to it before it turns to something else.
Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by Diamond23(f): 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2018
[/color]If I may ask.....allow d relationship to grow further to where . Beta cut off d relationship or u both should put a limit to it before it turns to something else.[color=#770077]
Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by jaszplus12(m): 7:08pm On Jan 23, 2018
Madam, if your hubby smiles at a lady in his workplace I'm pretty sure you will have sleepless nights! if he calls her on the phone during nonworking hours I'm sure you will conclude he's planning to sleep with her...
this is what I mean..you're feeling ok cos YOU are the one making friends with the guy...consider reversing the situation... you will notice how uncomfortable you will become.
please save yourself the tears and "I didn't think it will lead to this"....use that time you talk with the guy to talk with your own husband... he will love you more...call him more often and he will appreciate you more...that guy also needs to focus on his own family... they will love and appreciate him more..
finally, Bible says..."can a man carry coal in his bosom and not be burned?"

3 Likes

Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by PSTEMMA1960(m): 8:17pm On Jan 23, 2018
letskeeptalking:

I met this young man (married) about 6 months ago in my place of work. I have to admit that he's a very handsome, intelligent and successful man and if we both weren't married we (probably) would have been involved in a romantic relationship. But we are both married and very well aware of that. We have never, at any point in time engaged in, or even discussed any romantic or out of line topic. We are strictly just friends.

From the first time we met, we found out that we were very comfortable with each other and became close friends . We talked about everything and anything . . . Our spouses, kids, prayer life, future e.t.c. Sometimes we talk into the middle of the night sometimes, or even early hours of the morning. We just generally enjoy each other's company. My husband knows about him, and his wife knows about me.

However, of recent I'm beginning to feel guilty about my relationship with this man. I feel we are just too close for comfort. Please note that us dating is completely out of the question, because we are both good Christians who have great value for our marriages. I however don't know why I am beginning to feel guilty about how close we both are. He recently suggested we met each other's spouses in person and introduce both families, so we could all be family friends; but I don't know why I am averse to that suggestion.

I don't know how to talk to him about the way I feel and I don't want him to feel bad for any reason at all. I also don't want to have to withdraw from the relationship, because truth be told, we have been best of friends to each other, and the friendship means a lot to him (and me).

So my question is, should I feel guilty about it, OR should I relax and let the friendship grow further?

(From my inbox)
this is a very serious issue, u have to set a limit, because conji knows no boundary or marital status..

i once made that mistake and i regret it every day of my life, there was a girl i liked so much and she also liked me 2, we were jst like brother and sister bt b4 u know it we started having sex, though both of us were nt yet married neither were we in any relationship, and when i finally told her that we can't continue like that, the lady almost killed herself.it took me time to put things in order, bt till tomorrow i still regret everything i ever did with her though noone knew about it..
Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by eyinjuege: 8:22pm On Jan 23, 2018
You seem to have something to hide.

Its a good idea you all become family friends.
Its also a good idea you both learn to respect each other's marriage and partners.
Why are you calling yourselves early in the morning and late at night?
Its disrespectful to your spouses. They may appear to be comfortable with your relationship, but deep down, I'm sure they both are not happy with you guys 'best friendship'.

Let your friendship stay at the workplace, once office hours are over, stop contacting each other.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by sisisioge: 8:27pm On Jan 23, 2018
You're gonna shag that guy very soon I tell yuh..which kind extra marital friendship be that? Hian!

1 Like

Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by lastmessenger: 6:09am On Jan 24, 2018
Women are never satisfied. What else are you looking for in another man?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by traeces(m): 6:08pm On Jan 24, 2018
If this friendship continues like this, I don't need to be a prophet to know you soon will end in bed. When it comes to sexual sin, bible has one consistent advice: FLEE!
Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by richyblink1(m): 7:47pm On Jan 24, 2018
letskeeptalking:

(From my inbox)

You are beginning to feel funky for the young man. Better watch it
Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by SlimHan(f): 9:16pm On Jan 24, 2018
Whatever happened to making your husband your best friend...

Please be careful madam. FLEE before you find it difficult to control yourself.

I repeat

FLEE

1 Like

Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by Hector09(m): 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2018
When u are very close with the opposite sex, thats how u feel, it ones happen to me before i cut off d relationship
Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 24, 2018
HAVE SELF CONTROL AND GET A GRIP OF YOUR THOUGHTS.
Cut the excesses by not talking till late night or early morning, because that is simply a sign of disrespect to your husband.

Be friends, but respect your husband by clearly defining boundaries. If you do, it will put him in check.
Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by Vyolet(f): 9:07am On Jan 25, 2018
You can have a male friend but you have to know your limits, as soon as you begin to feel funky, cut off the closeness for say three weeks, with time you'd get over him and you can maintain normal hello, hi,conversations eventually.
You should have control over your emotions because truth is, if anything sexually happens between you two and you get caught, your husband may end the marriage while his own wife will accept him after much pleas.
Re: We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! by Richy4(m): 12:21pm On Jan 25, 2018
In my opinion, You don't need to feel guilty about it. It is harmless ...it is a healthy relationship... in Bro code, it is called wing man..if indeed u can be comfortable enough to discuss every thing under the planet.. .I feel sorry for the man because he will be misunderstood..both of u will be tagged cheats very soon.. .it's not easy to find a wing man at this day and age that got no backstabbing tendencies..

Please stay away if your mind is pricking you into doing something Gomorrah .. But if you feel your conscience is as clear as 7UP, just continue. It is healthy..

(1) (Reply)

Married Men And Women, Can A Mother Of Five Children Still Enjoy Sex? / My Skin Is Getting Too Soft. How To Make It Stronger A Bit? / Have You Ever Allowed A Total Stranger Move In To live with You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.