Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate (21103 Views)

Obasanjo’s Letter To President Buhari (Full Text Of The 13-paged Letter) / Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari: Twitter User Reacts With Football Terms / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari: "Matter Closed" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by donblazer10(m): 7:55am On Jan 24, 2018
SirBrightoc:
It's not an insult to advise a friend in an honest way.

No one is denying Buhari the right to run for a 2nd, but it will be more honourable for him not to run than to be disgraced. We all should also know that from Mr. Buhari's anticidence, he doesn't accept defeat honourably. He may not act like GEJ in handing over to the opposition, if he is defeated. That may plung the country into a bigger crises. Hence, I believe that OBJ's advice for him not to run for a 2nd term is apt.
I love this commenr

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by donblazer10(m): 7:55am On Jan 24, 2018
SirBrightoc:
It's not an insult to advise a friend in an honest way.

No one is denying Buhari the right to run for a 2nd, but it will be more honourable for him not to run than to be disgraced. We all should also know that from Mr. Buhari's anticidence, he doesn't accept defeat honourably. He may not act like GEJ in handing over to the opposition, if he is defeated. That may plung the country into a bigger crises. Hence, I believe that OBJ's advice for him not to run for a 2nd term is apt.
I love this comment

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by kipesco(m): 7:58am On Jan 24, 2018
E pain them well well grin but this man committee still dey exist?
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by agbonkamen(f): 8:08am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:
I may not be happy with the performance of Mr president

But know one should deny him his fundamental rights of the right to contest or to be voted for

If you aren't scared of him why asking him not to contes
you are suddenly not happy with his performance? Hmmmm be happy with his performance whether good or bad o
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 24, 2018
Sagay the sadist should shut the f. UK up! I campaigned /voted for buhari, but 3years on, it's visible to the blind & audible to the deaf that
buhari is an incorrigible DISASTER!!!!!!!
#NEVER AGAIN!!!

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by tete7000(m): 8:13am On Jan 24, 2018
hucienda:
All of a sudden, Obasanjo's letters have become a 'pain-in-the-arse' to the folks who sang its praises last time out? cheesy

Sagay and the likes, you can't have your cake and eat it too. One remembers the fictitious 'sniper list' amongst others in the previous letter season by same Obasanjo to the previous administration and how the current administration then in opposition 'rejoiced' with it.

Anyone who does not have convenient, selective political amnesia will recall this statement made by one of them -
["I am number seven on the GEJ (Goodluck Ebele Jonathan) sniper list, so I will only worry when GMB (General Muhammadu Buhari), Asiwaju (Tinubu), Amaechi, Akande, etc, are killed”.]

They ran to press with it whether they knew it true or false forgetting, as President JFK once remarked, that ...

"Those who foolishly sought power by riding the back of the tiger ended up inside its belly".

I love this. There is nothing sweet about the demystification of APC than that it is happening from within. It doesn't need to be orchestrated by any external force, the blocks with which they build already have embedded in them enough timed grenades to ensure they are ripped apart at the appropriate time. Theirs is a house built in the air, with no solid foundation. It is a matter of time, it will all fall into pieces.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by tete7000(m): 8:16am On Jan 24, 2018
kipesco:
E pain them well well grin but this man committee still dey exist?

It exists for the man to chop. Reason why the man defends Buhari with his drops of blood. Nothing sweet like government money - sweet free money. cheesy
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by MADBUTTERFLY(m): 8:17am On Jan 24, 2018
[quote author=sarrki post=64463054]I may not be happy with the performance of Mr president

But know one should deny him his fundamental rights of the right to contest or to be voted for

If you aren't scared of him why asking him not to contest
Shame on you
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by cursedAbiola(f): 8:21am On Jan 24, 2018
[s]
sarrki:

[/s]
speak good English first grin

do you know that Buhari is a terrorist

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by 3kay945(m): 8:24am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:

No one is scared of him but the millions of illiterate and blind followers.

It is high time you withdraw your support from this man. He has nothing to offer.
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by TheFreeOne: 8:24am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:

Oh lawd cheesy why are you so disoriented like this na? It seems you are afraid of losing your 30k BMC allawee grin

Obasanjo is not scared of Buhari. He only advised him cos his presidency has been so disastrous that another 4years from him will lead the country to doom.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by naijateddy: 8:25am On Jan 24, 2018
Prof Itse Sagay should go and return all his certificates.

Where was his law when the Benue people were being slaughtered?

Where was his law when Maina was reinstated?

Where was his law when Babachir Lawal was using millions to cut grass?

This is definitely disgraceful coming from him.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by uloewa: 8:32am On Jan 24, 2018
Firefire:

The failure should try and go and contest nobody is stopping him.

Remember he contested previously 3 times and failed being a known loser and serial failure before the conspiracy to oust GEJ and install the monumental failure.

Except the dullard rig the election using the INEC chairman. His failure is guaranteed!

Btw: you sound like a broken records... cheesy

AND RIG HE WILL!!! BRACE UP FOR ANOTHER BUHARI 4 YEARS!!! NIGERIA IS DOOMED!!
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by LordBuchi(m): 8:39am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:

You are a confused fellow. Imagine a clueless comment of "I may not be happy with the performance of Mr president" and a contradictory "...know (no) one should deny him his fundamental rights of the right to contest or to be voted for"

Do I assume that you are such a dumb? Sacrificing the well being of over 100million Nigerian at the altar of one dullard's "HUMAN RIGHT"?

You need your head examined!!!

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by stilldoingokay(f): 8:40am On Jan 24, 2018

did you write this?
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by Awoleesu(m): 8:40am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:

Of course, he reserves the right to re-contest and be voted OUT!
Itse and his co-travellers in their rush to react to a deftly concocted letter missed the part where the writer did note that the recipient need not necessarily heed his advice (emphasis on advice)!
I did not discern any line or paragraph in that letter that suggests an insult! Not even the undertone! Perhaps, and indeed Sagay is one of the praise singers OBJ warned PMB of in that letter.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by excel101(m): 8:41am On Jan 24, 2018
CharleyBright:
This idiot and Tony Anenih, I don't know who is a bigger fool. But I certainly know they share something in common as they need psychiatric evaluation..
Useless old cargoes
ah! e pain am wella.
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by peeps4u: 8:48am On Jan 24, 2018
Wait, who changed dull*ard*inho to President Buhari for me?

LOL, Seun also accepts Buhari to be synonymous to dull*ard*inho

peeps4u:

It's like one needs to simplify the letter to you so that your brains can process it; no one is deny dull*ard*inho his fundamental right to contest as many zombies are obviously repeating this shallow line borne out of ignorance, at least we can't force him not to contest. OBJ's letter and other Nigerian's calls for bubu not to contest is just an advise for him to save his face from imminent defeat and drop the thought of re-contest as he's not done anything meaningful to be voted in again.
If he insists and contests again, we can't jail him for that or criminalize him for that as it is his right, we can only send the dull*ard*inho back to daura
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by excel101(m): 8:50am On Jan 24, 2018
Prof Sagay should shut his gutter, what has he been able to achieve in his appointment, or was he not the same person saying that corruption is in PMB's Govt. OBJ, letter is just an advice for the dullard to rest and take care of himself, and that he has failed Nigerians,

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by LZAA: 8:53am On Jan 24, 2018
ijustdey:

[b]•Agbakoba: Buhari has nothing to offer

•Falana: statement a wake-up call

•Ubani: letter overdue

http://thenationonlineng.net/sagay-obasanjos-comments-insulting-inappropriate/
ppl really tend to misunderstand the obj situation
first of obj came in to replace a military govt which imo was d worst in nigeria and they were finally happy to get a break from the military
when obj tried to be cunny with nigerians he was rebuffed and left the stage
buhari on the other hand came in a democracy and is trying to take it back to 84
problem is the world has changed:there is no west germany anymore,nta is not the only station in nigeria and finally there is the net ffs.
now ppl are hungry,angry and jobless
corruption is being tolerated by a so called man of integrity(who btw is riding on idiagbon reputation(keep r.i.p sir) )
anybody with sense wee know that another four years of buhari wee scatter nigeria to pieces

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by Claumy2(m): 8:53am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:

Imagine how you have helped dragged your "sai baba" to the mud..

Buhari's brain is dead, likewise his followers.
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by Rockyrascal(m): 8:55am On Jan 24, 2018
Like fanala rightly pointed out, obj's letter is a wake up call to the presidency.

I have misplaced my voters card but am definetely going to get one before the 2019 general elections; the buhari administration needs to wake up and stabilize every sector of the economy, and put a stop to all these blood shed across the nation.
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by drnoel: 8:58am On Jan 24, 2018
ijustdey:

[b]•Agbakoba: Buhari has nothing to offer

•Falana: statement a wake-up call

•Ubani: letter overdue

http://thenationonlineng.net/sagay-obasanjos-comments-insulting-inappropriate/

D shit has finally hit the fan
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by LordBuchi(m): 8:59am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:

sarrki:

You are a confused fellow. Imagine a clueless comment of "I may not be happy with the performance of Mr president" and a contradictory "...know (no) one should deny him his fundamental rights of the right to contest or to be voted for"

Do I assume that you are such a dumb? Sacrificing the well being of over 100million Nigerian at the altar of one dullard's "HUMAN RIGHT"?

You need your head examined!!!
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by godquality: 9:14am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:

Know[b][/b] one will deny him. Don't worry.. grin grin.
But know[b][/b] one will also make me vote for him come 2019...
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by vertueptime: 9:25am On Jan 24, 2018
IAMTHEHERO:
Let me tell you why true patriots are begging Buhari not to contest:

If he loses the election there will be blood flow, his supporters in the north will slaughter people like cows.They can't accept defeat like GEJ. They are not Democrats.
If he wins the election there will be more massive nepotism, divisions, corruption and poverty in the country.

So if truly that Buhari loves Nigeria/Nigerians, (born or yet to be born); he should not contest, l am not saying he has no right to contest. He should remember that one day he will surely leave Aso rock (dead or alive). Let it be on history that he is the first president in Nigeria to do only one term without seeking for another term. This will put him in the history book.

Some people want Buhari to contest and win so that after his second tenure power will return to south while some people don't want him to contest or perhaps lose so that the north may have another 8 years.
Our greed will surely plunge this country into destruction if we don't repent.

Nothin will happen if buhari looses election, i voted buhari before and i will not again, didnt massob , millitants threathen fire and brimstone if gej looses, nothin happened infact the millitants sef ran away ,fear not my friend, na God get power
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by April4th(m): 9:26am On Jan 24, 2018
hucienda:
All of a sudden, Obasanjo's letters have become a 'pain-in-the-arse' to the folks who sang its praises last time out? cheesy

Sagay and the likes, you can't have your cake and eat it too. One remembers the fictitious 'sniper list' amongst others in the previous letter season by same Obasanjo to the previous administration and how the current administration then in opposition 'rejoiced' with it.

Anyone who does not have convenient, selective political amnesia will recall this statement made by one of them -
["I am number seven on the GEJ (Goodluck Ebele Jonathan) sniper list, so I will only worry when GMB (General Muhammadu Buhari), Asiwaju (Tinubu), Amaechi, Akande, etc, are killed”.]

They ran to press with it whether they knew it true or false forgetting, as President JFK once remarked, that ...

"Those who foolishly sought power by riding the back of the tiger ended up inside its belly".

You have said it all. On that note, we can start congratulating the PDP for winning the 2019 election.
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by brookz: 9:35am On Jan 24, 2018
Was OBJ better than the incumbent during his tenure? Or when did Nigeria become his personal property that he will decide who gets what and when.

This time around, He will be in for a Great Shocker.

Time shall Tell.
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by SycophanticGoat: 9:39am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:

Prophet Mohammadu Buhari ( SAW KNIFE) until 2123, insha OutshaAllah, Ameen. Mash CrushAllah Ameen..
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by Bianda24: 9:45am On Jan 24, 2018
The clarion call by former president Olusegun Obasanjo is great but that is not to say that baba himself is clean. He is among the people that dragged Nigerian into this mess. Permit me to put that aside and face the primordial.
God has a way of showing people his supremacy, that is what he has done to us as a people. Nigerians have put much hope on Buhari such that we see the horse rider as no other person than Buhari. This is a man that we know his antecedent esp his intellectual know how, yet Nigerians voted enmass for him. I know that everybody can not be intellectually sound but should you lack it, you make it up by arming yourself with competent people both at home and in diaspora. That was what OBJ did in 1999.
This man called Buhari couldn't borrow a cue from his predessesor. Rather he prefers to tangle himself with nepotism and tribalism.
Apart from those mentioned above, Buhari has failed in virtually all strata, even the clamping down of insurgency that we would have given him pass mark has been overridden by his kinsmen attack. The herdsmen uprising has not been well death with by Buhari. What other breakthrough has he made since he assumed duty. The only thing his government know how to do is to pass the buck. Adeshina is a veritable tool in that area.
My advice is for the president to step aside and allow the competent people to paddle the canoe of Nigeria
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by IAMTHEHERO: 9:52am On Jan 24, 2018
vertueptime:

Nothin will happen if buhari looses election, i voted buhari before and i will not again, didnt massob , millitants threathen fire and brimstone if gej looses, nothin happened infact the millitants sef ran away ,fear not my friend, na God get power

I don't normally respond to people whom made mention of me because l believe everyone of us is entitled to his/her opinion . But in your case l am forced to do so, have you not seen the pictures/ heard of the corpers who lost their lives because he lost in 2011. That time, he was not closed to power talkless now he is in the Aso rock. His supporters will kill people and he will look the other way as in the present case of the fulani herdsmen.
Re: Sagay: Obasanjo’s Letter And Comments About Buhari Insulting, Inappropriate by yomiracles: 9:55am On Jan 24, 2018
SycophanticGoat:

Prophet Mohammadu Buhari ( SAW KNIFE) until 2123, insha OutshaAllah, Ameen. Mash CrushAllah Ameen..

Did you even read the letter?

Obasanjo, very on point.

I am very disappointed with Prof Sagay, and I hate it when people mix up issues. What has Obasanjo's third term agenda got to do with his advice to Buhari not to re-contest? Of course OBJ is not a saint, and he has his bad sides, but this one he said is very on point!

Obasanjo was only being lenient with Baba, he should have advised him to resign!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Appoints Jibrin As Acting Bot Chairman (photo) / Okorocha & Ikpeazu In Yola For Bindow's Son's Wedding (Pics) / How Buhari Resisted Urge To Rig Anambra Election – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.