Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) (70701 Views)

How Buhari Sold Nigeria To The Chinese / Obasanjo’s Letter To President Buhari (Full Text Of The 13-paged Letter) / Fayose And His Vintage Car Spotted In Abuja Traffic. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by pat077: 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2018
Buhari is a monumental failure

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by bid4rich(m): 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2018
Johnayoola:
you 're a bastard for that statement u made,its your father that is a failure not my JESUS CHRIST

Seconded

He thinks Jesus Christ is like one anobi (prophet) that died but couldn't resurrect.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by rickyrex(m): 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2018
That letter should be recommended by nuc to be use by all history or political science students as part of their first year course.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by vikithor(m): 8:33pm On Jan 24, 2018
come and join me
sing aleluyah
Jehovah Jireh has done me well,

come and join me
sing aleluyah
Jehovah Jireh has done me well

APC??
Chain!!
APC ??
CHAIN!!
AFI CEE!!!

Shhame!!!

With same measure you measure of lies,deceipts,falsehood,misinformation,manipulation,witchcraftcy,exaggerative mind blowing propaganda on nigerians over the last administrations performances,demonizing,castigating,bedevilling,de meaning,rubbishing GEJ office as president using dele momodu,tunde bake,Tinubu,fashola,rauf aregbe,oshiomole,father mgbaka,occuypy ojotaTVC,the nation newspaper,bloggers,bokoharam,BBOG,Obi Ekwesili,
shame on a whole professor and MOG,stooping low to be a 'mere commissioner' and a tool of operation by the tyrant against his very own people ,how?by playing the repeated criminal silence game",
also shame on some member countries at the international community and others,not also forgeting the endless Dasuki gate of whom they apc/buhari wants secret trial!
accusing him of an impossible and never existed 2.1billion dollar,an exaggerative allegations ,just as others the claim to have recovered from 'ghost looters,yet we dont know how much and from who has the monies been recovered from.

shall their APC/BUHARI disgrace be multiplied,shake down and running over and served All ,
starting from the Oga at the top,to the Omo ishe at the bottom

pay back time has started,you all Must receive it!
receive it!
receive it!
receive your portions according to your participations (of 2015)of this grand fraud!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by CSTR2: 8:36pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Blind people of Nigeria can't you see that we, the people are the problem.

Even Jesus Christ will FAIL if he became president of Nigerians

Lawless, cheating, dishonest, corrupt, two-faced, hustler, unproductive, over sexualised, immoral, liars. That's the lot of you Nigerians.

How can this set of people expect angels to come amongst them into leadership positions. The Senate president, the legislators, governors, what are they? crooks!,,, A country of crooks looking for a saint to rule them....U go look tire!

Who else after BUHARI.........And those idiots from the east are shouting articulation all over the place.
You are a compete charlatan and a sycophant. A buhari worshipper and nothing more.

The Nigerian presidsency is not the most difficult job in the world. It is actually pretty easy given the low expectation threshold of the masses.
There are nations even first world ones with far more compex issues and a more ravenous populace.

The problem is that you like your fellow charlatans keep electing numbskulls. Animals with IQ teteering on the negative index.

You on another thread said igbos will never smell aso-rock like a fake prophet because we will never support buhari,and yet you complain that no president can save Nigeria.

You are not well at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by tuniski: 8:40pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Lawless, cheating, dishonest, corrupt, two-faced, hustler, unproductive, over sexualised, immoral, liars. That's the lot of you Nigerians.

How can this set of people expect angels to come amongst them into leadership positions. The Senate president, the legislators, governors, what are they? crooks!,,, A country of crooks looking for a saint to rule them....U go look tire!

Who else after BUHARI.........And those idiots from the east are shouting articulation all over the place.
But history has it that the Jews 'killed' jesus. Yet, they are a great nation. Kini big deal. We must stop looking for saints rather innovative and imaginative persons to pilot the nation.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by kolawolejohn(m): 8:40pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

You need to know Jesus.... He never fails

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by kense88: 8:46pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Don't mind the idiots. An average Nigeria does not deserve a good leader
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 24, 2018
Johnayoola:
you 're a bastard for that statement u made,its your father that is a failure not my JESUS CHRIST
You can make your point without using Jesus Name in a negative way. Jesus never fail in anything.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by mvem(m): 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2018
Johnayoola:
...its not what he means..its a part of speech... Its like saying " heaven will fall b4 I do something" or that Even if "God comes down this won't happen "...see as u carry am personal , I bet ur Jesus Christ understood him...u read the context and don't be too emotional over nothing

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by Preciouscheer: 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2018
Meanwhile get experts to handle your projects like this one

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by JerryJJZ(m): 8:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
Pls always add Dr. to that name..... PhD is not beans.......
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by JerryJJZ(m): 8:59pm On Jan 24, 2018
and the bible taught u to call someone "bastard"?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by AnanseK(m): 9:01pm On Jan 24, 2018
Before you Stone Buhari,please read this!

Obasanjo as Nigeria's moral compass

Simon Kolawole Live | THISDAY | 18 January 2015

For the life of me, I will never understand how former President Olusegun Obasanjo does it. When you think he is done, he has just begun. I have watched in utter amusement how he has, yet again, wangled his way into the front page of newspapers on a daily basis. I don’t know of any other former head of state elsewhere who has turned himself into the subject and object of national attention long after he has left power. Obasanjo is always there, always scheming, always screaming. It is his luck, I must say, but, as a mere mortal, I often wonder why some guys have all the luck.

Obasanjo, amazingly, has become a god or a saint to many Nigerians. Many politicians, commentators, journalists, activists and youths who used to criticise him are now celebrating him as our moral compass. The people he has brutalised before — such as Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi — go to Abeokuta to genuflect to him. Even Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, of all people, goes to Obasanjo's house to pay homage. And President Goodluck Jonathan goes to Abeokuta to kowtow to him, with two respected pastors in tow.

How does Obasanjo do it? Can anyone help me out? He has a word on every issue. He expresses his opinion so forcefully, so eloquently and so mischievously that you just cannot ignore him. He loves to criticise what he is patently guilty of. He loves to vilify anyone who does not worship at his temple. There is no accusation Obasanjo throws at anyone that he himself is not double guilty of. He has launched ferocious media attacks against most of his successors — President Shehu Shagari, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua and Jonathan. Only Gen. Sani Abacha pre-empted him by throwing him into jail before he could open his mouth.

Obasanjo complains about corruption and Nigerians hail him. What's his moral high ground? Can someone tell me? Has anybody never heard about the Halliburton and Siemens scandals? The damning reports are there in the attorney-general's office. Does the name Dr. Julius Makanjuola ring a bell? Under Obasanjo, he was the permanent secretary of the ministry of defence implicated in a N421 million scandal. Mysteriously, the case was abruptly closed with Nolle Prosequi (no further prosecution) — the first in Nigeria's history.

Well, Obasanjo went on to set up the anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), headed by Malam Nuhu Ribadu, which — in fairness — did kick the backsides of many politicians. But EFCC could not tackle Obasanjo's own corruption: from the obscene fundraiser for his private library to his shareholding in Transcorp — a company that was getting juicy stuff from a government superintended by Obasanjo. Have we all forgotten the scandalous waivers granted to all kinds of human beings, officially defrauding our treasury billions of dollars?

Does anybody remember that Obasanjo was in power for eight years and we kept importing fuel, with PDP financiers getting the contracts through local and foreign fronts? Forgotten so easily? Does anybody remember how much we spent on repairing refineries that kept "knocking" for the eight years that Obasanjo was in power? Does anybody still remember Obasanjo saying on national TV that he did not know the price of kerosene and it was "unacceptable" that it was more expensive than petrol? How does Obasanjo get away with hoodwinking Nigerians?

Do we still remember that Obasanjo did not resolve the electricity problem for eight years? Do we still remember the "$16 billion spent on power without results" for which Obasanjo arrogantly refused to appear before the House probe panel? Is it that we have forgotten that the damning report was killed? Do we still remember that Obasanjo did not add one coach to the railways throughout his tenure despite spending billions of dollars? Does anybody still remember how many federal highways were in terrible state for the eight years that Obasanjo spent in power? Have we forgotten the Benin-Shagamu road saga? Just like that?

When Obasanjo discusses insecurity, I cringe. From every available evidence, Boko Haram started right under his nose. If he had aborted the foetus, maybe we wouldn't be engaged in fire-fighting today. I have heard many Nigerians say, perhaps innocently, that if Obasanjo had been in power he would have crushed Boko Haram by now. Really? How well did he crush the less complex militancy in the Niger Delta? Was it not under Obasanjo that the militancy started in 2004 and flourished?

To the best of my knowledge, militants were bombing oil installations and kidnapping oil workers with ease under Obasanjo. At a stage, daily crude oil production fell to about 900,000 barrels — from the height of 2.5m. In fact, we were later told that why Obasanjo picked Jonathan as the running mate to Yar'Adua was to appease the Niger Delta. Of course, nobody was appeased. The attacks continued until Yar'Adau offered an amnesty deal. How these facts conveniently escape us is beyond my understanding.

Insecurity? Abacha's regime aside, more Nigerians were assassinated under Obasanjo's watch than at any time in our history. The abridged roll-call: Chief Bola Ige, a serving minister; Chief Marshall Harry, co-ordinator of the Buhari presidential campaign in 2003; Chief AK Dikibo, PDP chieftain and ally of former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar; Chief Uche Ogbonnaya (OGB), an ANPP senatorial candidate in Imo state in 2003; and Mr. Barnabas Igwe and his wife, Amaka, in Onitsha. The assassins were never unmasked. What is insecurity?

How did Obasanjo become our moral compass? How did he become such a highly sought-after role model? Has anybody ever managed to read the affidavit Obasanjo's own son, Gbenga, filed while seeking a divorce from his wife on the ground of incest and adultery? It doesn't matter? Has anybody ever taken time to read the letter Iyabo wrote to her father, giving graphic details of his megalomania and duplicity? It doesn't matter? Has anybody ever done a recap of the blatant rigging of elections under the "saint"? It doesn't matter?

Obasanjo pontificates on impunity and we hail him. What happened to us? Dr. Chris Ngige, as governor of Anambra state, was abducted by Obasanjo's associates. Have we forgotten the illegal impeachment of Alhaji Rashidi Ladoja as governor of Oyo state? What about the impeachment of Chief Joshua Dariye as governor of Plateau by eight out of 24 lawmakers? For three years, Obasanjo unconstitutionally withheld Lagos council allocations because of political differences. It took Yar'Adua only a few days in power to undo the impunity.

They say, 'Oh, Obasanjo is a patriot. He has the best interest of Nigeria at heart.' Really? Can Obasanjo look up to heavens and say, solemnly, that he had the best interest of Nigeria at heart when he was picking his successor? Such a character cannot be my own moral compass. With a moral compass like Obasanjo, though, Nigeria is doomed and damned.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by planetx: 9:03pm On Jan 24, 2018
Trump calling Africa a shithole was a major contributory factor in OBJ penning that letter, cause as Nigeria goes so does Africa.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by ChidiAlaigbo: 9:04pm On Jan 24, 2018
CSTR2:

You are a compete charlatan and a sycophant. A buhari worshipper and nothing more.

The Nigerian presidsency is not the most difficult job in the world. It is actually pretty easy given the low expectation threshold of the masses.
There are nations even first world ones with far more compex issues and a more ravenous populace .

The problem is that you like your fellow charlatans keep electing numbskulls. Animals with IQ teteering on the negative index.

You on another thread said igbos will never smell aso-rock like a fake prophet because we will never support buhari,and yet you complain that no president can save Nigeria.

You are not well at all.

Give me an example of the said first world nation, thanks.

And while you are at it tell me who in Nigeria, will consciously go to the polls and vote for an Igbo president of Nigeria? Just a simple question.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by datribune: 9:04pm On Jan 24, 2018
bedspread:
If only u had a conscience you won't write this essay...You are in Nigeria, you see the Calmatious leadership and the various events happening and u complaining of A Letter borne out of shear sincerity...
You have a DEAD CONSCIENCE....

Sharrap there!.
Go & read about what is happening in countries like Venezuela who behaved d way Nigeria did under GEJ refusing to save for d rainy day & diversifying d economy & u will realize dat despite d hand dat he was dealt, Buhari has fared well.
This man, Buhari & his govt through d wonderful work being done by Sharon Ikeazor at PTAD Nigeria has changed my family's fortune by paying pensions, as & at when due, & even arrears frm previous govts who were there when d economy was booming but will not pay pensions.
PMB has taken back Nigerian territory frm terrorists who wanted to set up their caliphate on Nigerian land.
Just as Nnamdi Kanu was issuing threats all over d place & they said PMB could not handle d situation, those who are saying he lacks d capacity & will to deal with d marauding herdsmen will be put to shame when they are finally defeated. This is a complex nation.
Did i hear you mention Obasanjo and "sheer sincerity" in d same sentence?. SMH, you don't know Baba Iyabo.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by Fidelarinze9(m): 9:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
dplordx:
Buhari, GEJ, UMYA, OBJ...
The only thing these men have in common is they are all total disappointment. I can't even tell any difference between all four. And now it seems another bigger disappointment called Atiku is warming up to waste another four years of Nigerians. Oh my country.

Leave Yar'adua out of this please.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by egobetatoday: 9:07pm On Jan 24, 2018
[quote author=Benekruku post=64483286]God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

2023 Ascerta!

I dont how wailers will cope till 2023!

Earlier you believe the reality, the better. Stroke and high blood pressure is not cured in Nigeria.
[/quote

we r saying your source of livelihood is at risk and you take it lightly? U will have yourself to blame when the cookie crumbles. Go and read the book "who moved my cheese" by Spencer Johnson.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by mecussey(m): 9:10pm On Jan 24, 2018
dplordx:
Buhari, GEJ, UMYA, OBJ...
The only thing these men have in common is they are all total disappointment. I can't even tell any difference between all four. And now it seems another bigger disappointment called Atiku is warming up to waste another four years of Nigerians. Oh my country.

Nigeria is doomed due to the number of amajiries in the country. They are already programed to do whatever is said in the mosque. There is no hope for one nigeria, my mind don commot here teytey. Imagine me having only Buhari or Atiku as options ...OMG. I will rather sit in a bar all day throughout the election than to go to the polls.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by bionixs: 9:18pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

SHATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP THERE!!!!!! You should bury your empty head in shame. Remember when you were shouting Sai baba upadan? now st Buhari is ripping what he sowed, you are frustrating. Ok ,he should be angel but Jonathan should be, you are just out of your mind. Push Gej out and now he is being served.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by datribune: 9:21pm On Jan 24, 2018
greiboy:
obj is the longest serving Nigerian president in Nigerian history

He served as a military and civilian president

He knows a thing or two about politics. Whenever he has sent such letter, it has meant something

> he told yaradua to step down during his ill health debacale but yaradua refused to step down and died

> he told Jonathan not to contest again but he refused and failed

Now! tell me his obj responsible for any one of these things ?

He is a elder statesman with a very deep understanding of Nigeria, mind you he is not the only one writing such letters.

OBJ is a hypocrite & can never fool me. A man who tried to subvert d constitution & get a third term is now d person saying another person should not contest for a second term. Mtchew!
Majority of Nigerian problems can be directly or indirectly linked to OBJ. He rigged into power d utterly weak Shehu Shagari who landed our nation into a financial depression, d worst in our history. Then he foisted on us a sick Yaradua & then of course, GEJ who performed so woefully that even as an incumbent, he lost d elections to a septugenarian former Dictator. Abeg, OBJ is a curse on this nation.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by Divinehenrich(m): 9:21pm On Jan 24, 2018
God bless you bro. You completely spoke my mind.
Castroii:

Point of correction....... Remove Late Umaru Musa yaradua from your list, he was never a failure.... Just that good people dont last so long in Nigeria. I laughed when people were calling Pmb Mr Integrity..... Truth is that Musa Yaradua was an epitome' of honesty and integrity, atleast he once admitted that the electoral process which made him president was a bit faulty, he was truly a good muslim.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by ChidiAlaigbo: 9:23pm On Jan 24, 2018
bionixs:
SHATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP THERE!!!!!! You who should bury your empty head in shame. Remember when you were shouting Sai baba upadan? now st Buhari is ripping what he sowed, you are frustrating. Ok ,he should be angel but Jonathan should be, you are just out of your mind. Push Gej out and now he is being served.

Heal yourself from GEJ loss first then I will reply you. Funny enough GEJ and his Ijaw people have moved on.....so which one be una own?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by ChidiAlaigbo: 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2018
datribune:

Sharrap there!.
Go & read about what is happening in countries like Venezuela who behaved d way Nigeria did under GEJ refusing to save for d rainy day & diversifying d economy & u will realize dat despite d hand dat he was dealt, Buhari has fared well.
This man, Buhari & his govt through d wonderful work being done by Sharon Ikeazor at PTAD Nigeria has changed my family's fortune by paying pensions, as & at when due, & even arrears frm previous govts who were there when d economy was booming but will not pay pensions.
PMB has taken back Nigerian territory frm terrorists who wanted to set up their caliphate on Nigerian land.
Just as Nnamdi Kanu was issuing threats all over d place & they said PMB could not handle d situation, those who are saying he lacks d capacity & will to deal with d marauding herdsmen will be put to shame when they are finally defeated. This is a complex nation.
Did i hear you mention Obasanjo and "sheer sincerity" in d same sentence?. SMH, you don't know Baba Iyabo.

Thank you for this. May your days be long!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by bionixs: 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Heal yourself from GEJ loss first then I will reply you. Funny enough GEJ and his Ijaw people have moved on.....so which one be una?
can't you see that you are the sick one now?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by datribune: 9:28pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Thank you for this. May your days be long!

Amen & thank you too.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 24, 2018
datribune:

OBJ is a hypocrite & can never fool me. A man who tried to subvert d constitution & get a third term is now d person saying another person should not contest for a second term. Mtchew!
Majority of Nigerian problems can be directly or indirectly linked to OBJ. He rigged into power d utterly weak Shehu Shagari who landed our nation into a financial depression, d worst in our history. Then a sick Yaradua & then of course, GEJ who performed so woefully that even as an incumbent, he lost to a septugenarian former Dictator. Abeg, OBJ is a curse on this nation.

if shagari was rigged into power, who should have won ?

if yaradua was rigged into ppwer, then who should have won?

If Jonathan was rigged into power, then who should have won?

During obj first time as military head of state He brought a lot of stability to Nigeria when it was needed. He made alot of positive economic investments and handed power over to a civilian government

During his second term in office he also brought stability and find a way to settle Nigerians foreign debt.

Obj is not a saint, no Nigeria politician is one, but please can you name any other politician more successful than obj in the history of Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by maisauki: 9:33pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChangetheChange:
grin grin grin

Buhari is a monumental disaster
then Jonathan was a Titanic failure

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

RATTAWU Receives Palliatives From Enugu Government / Fayose Makes First Public Appearance Since After Governorship Election. Photos / Alaafin Of Oyo & His Wives Cause A Stir At Abuja Airport (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.