Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? (42853 Views)

How Many States Have You Visited in Nigeria And Which State Did You Enjoy Most? / Which Country Have You Visited? / Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by BedLam: 2:10pm On Jan 30, 2018
Getbizzzy:

OK bro, thanks.

Are you in Gh now?
kind of.
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Getbizzzy: 10:16pm On Jan 30, 2018
BedLam:
kind of.

Ok, pls can we hook up? I will be in Gh next weekend and it's first time, will really like to meetup with our people on the ground.
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by BedLam: 10:44pm On Jan 30, 2018
Getbizzzy:

Ok, pls can we hook up? I will be in Gh next weekend and it's first time, will really like to meetup with our people on the ground.
My email for Nairaland is unaccessible so I won't be able to get an email. You can leave your email here or number.
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Getbizzzy: 11:16pm On Jan 30, 2018
BedLam:
My email for Nairaland is unaccessible so I won't be able to get an email. You can leave your email here or number.

OK, pls send me your mail or contact number to zero seven zero five nine five two one four three five.

Thanks.
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by BedLam: 11:53am On Feb 01, 2018
Getbizzzy:

OK, pls send me your mail or contact number to zero seven zero five nine five two one four three five.

Thanks.
sent you a text.

1 Like

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Getbizzzy: 1:10pm On Feb 01, 2018
BedLam:
sent you a text.

Seen, will call once I touch Gh
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by greenmonk: 11:28pm On Feb 03, 2018
jpphilips:

At 2,375km the Rio Madeira is the longest grid operational today, it was built in 2yrs at the cost of $540m (194.4b naira), Nigeria needs 379 pieces of Rio Madeira to cover our 900k sq km, do the maths what the cost and time frame will be.
Dont talk because you can, talk when you have your facts.

Are you really an electrical person?
Power grid is not the same as local networks. Our problem is more of poor grid outlay just like our railways with bittle necks. Intercnnectivity and loops are the tricks in grid system.
When a grid is built like a series ciruit then it is no grid at all.
The problem in Nigeria is that we have left our infrastructural layout as the british left them and expect the system to perform magic.
Even our city distribution systems are nothing to write home about including the issue of quality seevice. The so called discos even refuse to take up more power because they dont want to pay more to the transmission companies but go ahead to charge the comsumers for electricity not supplied. The phdisco is a big ripoff on the citizens.
Real privatisation with appropriate laws is the answer to our electricity problem.

3 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by popizaino(m): 10:04pm On Mar 21, 2018
Ugosample:

Abidjan better pass Abuja
How?

Take that from me.

Accra try, but e no reach Abuja, but Abidjan surpasses Abuja
With the light, central water system , more flexible transport system (bâteau bus et al) etc

Abuja na beautiful nonsense
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by popizaino(m): 10:04pm On Mar 21, 2018
Ugosample:

Abidjan better pass Abuja

Take that from me.

Accra try, but e no reach Abuja, but Abidjan surpasses Abuja
With the light, central water system , more flexible transport system (bâteau bus et al) etc

Abuja na beautiful nonsense
How?
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by popizaino(m): 10:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
BedLam:
He should be flogged for that. Not even close to Lagos.
it is close to lagos perhaps better than Lagos self but the only thing is that it might not be as sophisticated and as beautiful as lagos.
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 26, 2019
Time to resurrect certain threads.
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by veneza(f): 1:56pm On Feb 26, 2019
ariketalks:
Time to resurrect certain threads.
You are already doing the resurrection thing,this number 2
so what's your plan ariketalk.
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 26, 2019
veneza:

You are already doing the resurrection thing,this number 2
so what's your plan ariketalk.
No specific plan yet but time will tell. Let's not pretend like things haven't gone from bad to worse for the country in the last 4 years. With what seems to be coming election-wise, God help us all. Peace.

1 Like

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Metrics4tea: 4:53pm On Feb 26, 2019
I am planning to travel to Togo for a five days holiday. I need advise as regards the transportation, cost, hotel, feeding, places to visit, road or air travel, exchange rate. with these information I can plan for my budget

1 Like

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Raalsalghul: 5:42pm On Feb 26, 2019
Metrics4tea:
I am planning to travel to Togo for a five days holiday. I need advise as regards the transportation, cost, hotel, feeding, places to visit, road or air travel, exchange rate. with these information I can plan for my budget
Cc: ugosample
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 6:57pm On Feb 26, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Cc: ugosample
okay
someone tagged me here....

Id be right back with a response
let me still be following these mad inec people
You can ask specific questions so I answer accordingly
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Raalsalghul: 7:39pm On Feb 26, 2019
ariketalks:

No specific plan yet but time will tell. Let's not pretend like things haven't gone from bad to worse for the country in the last 4 years. With what seems to be coming election-wise, God help us all. Peace.
Bro I dey reason the matter with you too. I don dey plan get travel stuff.
Anyone who thinks the country will get better is fooling himself. undecided undecided undecided
Even God self don comot hands for our matter. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 26, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Bro I dey reason the matter with you too. I don dey plan get travel stuff.
Anyone who thinks the country will get better is fooling himself. undecided undecided undecided
True. But i'm a lady sha. grin
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Raalsalghul: 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2019
ariketalks:

True. But i'm a lady sha. grin
E no mean. Find your way. wink
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 26, 2019
Raalsalghul:
E no mean. Find your way. wink
Exactly.
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by greenmonk: 2:12pm On Feb 28, 2019
jpphilips:

At 2,375km the Rio Madeira is the longest grid operational today, it was built in 2yrs at the cost of $540m (194.4b naira), Nigeria needs 379 pieces of Rio Madeira to cover our 900k sq km, do the maths what the cost and time frame will be.
Dont talk because you can, talk when you have your facts.
So you build your railway on every square kilometre of the country?
Seek true knowledge my friend and not propaganda.
Less than 10000 km of rail line can do very well for Nigeria to alleviate our suffering in transportation and improvements can be made with time.

4 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 1:29pm On Mar 01, 2019
greenmonk:

So you build your railway on every square kilometre of the country?
Seek true knowledge my friend and not propaganda.
Less than 10000 km of rail line can do very well for Nigeria to alleviate our suffering in transportation and improvements can be made with time.

So grid means railway by your village standards right?

1 Like

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by greenmonk: 11:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
jpphilips:

So grid means railway by your village standards right?
Even grid does not require to run on every square kilometre of a country. Grid means links to power stations where distribution takes off.

1 Like

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by kentochi(m): 10:39pm On Mar 02, 2019
good
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Ablemax(m): 2:02am On Mar 03, 2019
I know it not right to say dis hear but i ave no any other choice but to say it, plz fellow nl help for a job am not asking money from you but looking for what to do, i will be very greatfull if anybody in dis forum can help, am an O.N.D holder graudated with upper credit from school of environmental studies...09050210400 plz help me any were in port harcourt or any part of the country i can work there..
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 9:35am On Mar 03, 2019
greenmonk:

Even grid does not require to run on every square kilometre of a country. Grid means links to power stations where distribution takes off.

You don't know the difference between a power grid & railway yet you are positioning your ignorance for a debate, do you empty folks have any shame?
When you see a subject you know nothing about, keep quiet.

2 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by umbo: 10:11am On Mar 03, 2019
hmm
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Tinyemeka(m): 3:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
jpphilips:

You don't know the difference between a power grid & railway yet you are positioning your ignorance for a debate, do you empty folks have any shame?

You're letting anger get the better of you.
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by dyydxx: 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2019
Tinyemeka:

You're letting anger get the better of you.

that's his way. sometimes he has reasonable stuff to say, some other times he goes haywire. Most times his propensity to somehow claim superiority erodes some sensible things he says. he is just a bundle of contradiction.
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by greenmonk: 4:29pm On Mar 03, 2019
jpphilips:

You are the blockhead expert who think power grid is built on every square kilometre of a country.
Yahoo and Google internet expert without iota of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Hadampson(m): 8:22am On Mar 09, 2019
ehispapa:

please remove all those places you mentioned except south africa. malawi is the most poorest in africa for your information. only nairobi is fine in Kenya than any nigerian city. others are poo as well

What of Mombasa and Nakuru
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Danirose007(m): 3:19pm On Apr 14, 2019
Nice Thread

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Car Falls Off A Bridge In Ibadan, Lands On A Commercial Bus (Pics) / Train Cuts Off Woman's Leg At Urrata, Aba, Abia State (graphic Picture) / Shiroro Hydro Power Plant, Niger State In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.