Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? (42852 Views)

How Many States Have You Visited in Nigeria And Which State Did You Enjoy Most? / Which Country Have You Visited? / Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by honor4me: 4:05pm On Jan 25, 2018
ObaIgwe1:
As someone who has visited many West African countries, the only thing better in some of these countries than Nigeria is security and Electricity. In every other area, it's either same or worse than Nigeria.

Truth is many of those countries look up to Nigeria for help, though their citizens may not respect many of our brothers living there because of their reputation for fraudulent activities. But still, many of their schools, hospitals/clinics, banks are owned and run by Nigerians. And reputation or not, most of their women prefer Naija men, even though some will only date Naija men secretly, so their men envy and dislike Naija men.

The only way you will enjoy these countries is going there with lots of money for holidays or setting up businesses after proper feasibility. Expensive and cheap Women are and available every where, the price you pay depends on the type of girl you want and that is the same in Nigeria. And many Naija oloshos are every where you go too.

But then if you have money, why would you wanna leave Naija for another Africa country except you are very sure of less competition and higher ROI for the business you are thinking of. Naija is the best place to do business in the whole of Africa if you know what you are doing, This is because Naija has the biggest market in Africa.

If you are thinking of going to these West African countries to hustle, please think and think again. Majority of their citizens are poorer than our average, Many of them are lazy and don't complain like Nigerians at their government. They are satisfied with daily bread and few clothes. But if you must go, go to the few English speaking ones... Like Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone or Gambia. Gambia is also very good for holiday with many Europeans visiting the country but Liberia is cheaper.

And it is an insult for anyone to compare any of these West African countries to Abuja. None of them even come close to Lagos Island / Ikoyi. They are comparing one or two beautiful streets / area to an entire city.
We don't value what we have. Nigeria is a highly blessed country. I think data is so cheap in the country our youths have made the abuse of government their pastimes and they are able to express themselves freely. For one who has travelled along West Coast, no place like Nigeria. And a lot of things are so cheap here when you compare them with the prices in our neighbouring countries. I believe if we have good leadership there will not even be rooms for comparison

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by adexuxin(m): 4:08pm On Jan 25, 2018
seunny4lif:

Amin cool

Get your Nigeria passprt
Arrange some cash with you
Don't use Flight cos you would get much fun
Use the Bus.
I had crossed Africa once to Asia But the African tour means so much to me.... Timbuktu , Dakar ,Cairo, Kenya , Ethiopia on my wish list
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by godwon01(m): 4:11pm On Jan 25, 2018
The topic specified on west africa countries. Limit your contribution on those countries around eco was countries.
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by NovusHomo(m): 4:13pm On Jan 25, 2018
[quote author=fpeter post=64505443]

I intend to visit at least one country this year. My friend thinks we should do Malaysia, that way we could buy footwear to retail back home.
I think Cape Verde or the Bahamas would be very lovely and romantic for couples. The Bahamas is visa free but how do you get there? quote

Simple, you SWIM grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 4:14pm On Jan 25, 2018
lozanni:

Very good,and funny description of those West African countries. Are you a travel agent or diplomat?
For where?
Who dash monkey banana grin
Na hustling make me know most of those area grin

6 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by HeyCorleone(m): 4:18pm On Jan 25, 2018
FakoMaybach1:
Many people are joking with this, but it is not funny. Buhari will rig 2019 election and most will be forced to leave Nigeria en masse.

Good thing I wasn't the only one thinking that way.

2 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by BedLam: 4:24pm On Jan 25, 2018
futurerex:

So, how can someone get into the country?
I can't tell really.
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by omoiyamayor(m): 4:27pm On Jan 25, 2018
jayarziki20:
you can't compare any of them to Nigeria cos they wish they live in Nigeria too....we have a great country that others wish they are from here....try travel... don't come here hating on Nigeria.. if u are not happy leave d country n stop bad mouthing ....only Nigerians say bad thing about d country n want others to respect it.
you may be right because Nigeria as gain fame through football,I mean a guy from Argentina in South Africa, he said if south Africa can be so nice as he sees it Nigeria must be paradise,I said definitely. I haven't been to any ecowas state but east and southern Africa I have seen but they are happy people

1 Like

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by theDEVILisHERE: 4:28pm On Jan 25, 2018
africangirl000:
Many Nigerians are seeking greener pastures these days and with the issue of visa denials and inability of everyone to use an agent, maybe some african countries could offer solutions.

So for those who have visited or live in ECOWAS member states, come in and share your experiences. How do those countries compare to our fatherland in terms of:

Living standards,
Security,
Employment opportunities,
Cost of living,
Business, etc.

For those who have experience with non-ECOWAS states as well, you can chip in your contributions. Thank you.

HELL

it was actually better than Nigeria tbh

1 Like

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by omoiyamayor(m): 4:28pm On Jan 25, 2018
Abogwara:
Nigeria is more developed than all black African countries apart from South Africa.
lol you wish
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by yankison(m): 4:32pm On Jan 25, 2018
seunny4lif:
Senegal ( 5 months) :
The best west Africa for me, 90% Muslims nation but you wouldn't even know. You can slap a Soldier in Senegal no problem but do that to police officer and be ready for 4 months in Jail.
Apart from Dakar, the other areas are not much developed
NB:
Dakar is so nice but Igbo boiz has made Senegalese police to be targeting Nigerians.
They believe all Nigerians are Scammers becos that what most Nigerians in Senegal do for living.
Churches have so many programs for Scammers and vigil to help them see Magas.
Don't be surprise when you see Europeans travelling with you inside the Bus o Oooh even within the city

Niger Rep (4 months):
Nothing much diff from Northern Nigeria but Alcohol is legalized and the country own more than 4 brewery companies.
Friday's night na Club but the ladies are Nigerians.
Igbos and Yorubas girls has Oloshos

Sierra Leone ( 3 weeks):
Are you looking for easy to fuvk girls?
Sierra leone are the cheapest girls to bleep cos just buy a plate of food for them and it is finish but mehn those chicks get unbelievable ASS and they will fuvk your soul out .
Dogg style
The only food in that country is Rice and Cassava.
Every soup is around Cassava leaves shocked shocked

Guinea ( 4 days)
Those chicks over there are the most beautiful ladies in the whole West Africa. They like Nigerian guys becos of what Igbo guys are doing over there.
Once the police see a Nigerian? Money don come.
They will hold you at every check point as a Nigerian and you must pay.
The road from Mali to Guinea and from Guinea to Senegal are the worst roads, I have ever seen in my life.
Worst currency in West Africa.
3K = 270K grin
I and my friend ate rice and full Chicken and everybody was looking at our plate.

Me : How much is our bills?
Seller: 26K (I will never forget)
We : Jeus Christ, wahala dey oooooh
Seller: Its even cheap self compare to other places
We: We thought, it's was Naira but it's was useless Guinea Franc
We: Ooh 26k Guinea Franc, that's less than #1200 grin grin
We order for more Chicken and beer joor

Benin Rep (All together 1 month)
Not much fun
Same like Nigeria

Togo (2 days )

Ghana ( Just 2 days)

Burkina Faso( 1 day)

Mali ( 3 days)
That's country is too big
Travelling within the country takes days
Haba

NB: About West Africa including Nigeria
If you have money to do business then no problem but if you don't
God is your strength cheesy cheesy
Planning to visit Cape Verde but my wif upe is coming with me angry angry angry
Can't check out those Cape Verde chicks

Please which of the guinea ,is it equatorial Guinea ....I do like to visit please how do I go about their visa and how much does the ticket cost
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by AFONJAPIG(m): 4:33pm On Jan 25, 2018
Liberia is Africa Sodom and Gomorrah, their girls are the cheapest in the world, just tell her you are a Nigerian and you will take her to Lagos, she will open her legs so wide, though their foods are nothing to write home about just cassava leaf and rice , one advantage they have ahead Nigeria is their liberty (Liberia dollar ) is 67 to 1dollar it has value than naira, and their vast marine sectors, 70% of cargo ship heading to west Africa first head to Liberia before any other country, majority of building in Liberia don't have modern toilet, 2/3 of Liberians defecate in open, or by the riverbanks, so don't find it strange, Liberians has American accents, no electricity in that country, most of them don't have television set those that have use small i pass my neighbour generator, cinema and film studio are very popular in that country, and they watch a lot of Bollywood and Hollywood movies. if you want to watch film u must go to local cinema

ghane is a nice place and very friendly, their hotels are affordable and their girls are suburb cheesy banku is my favorite , if you go to rural Ghana , its more develop than most of rural areas in Nigeria, they are very friendly and their power supply are stable,

Abidjan is Africa Paris very beautiful city, with alot skyscraper, most of the buildings belonged to our pass military leaders like obj, babangida, abacha, and mko , maybe buhari go get one as well, if you don't understand French or have a translator hunger will kill you, because 90% of them speak French, Nigerians selling foods there are making it big like a plate of ofe onugbu (bitter leaf soup ) with half kilo of chicken is 1000 CFA, most Nigerians there are into internet fraud, they do it openly and police don't Even care to check their activities, if you fight or steal and police arrest u, ur trial will be in French , next thing u will hear the judge will clap 3 or 5 times bros nah 5yrs u go stay for inside, ur defense counsel no dey even speak English, that country is only good for tourism no work there,

sierra leone
free town ... gosh nah Aj ajegunle ,one of the poorest in west Africa, if you are in Freetown you will think you are in AJ, their police no dey use eyes see Nigerians , if they See's you, dem go think say u carry CBN for bag, their girls are cheap poo, just point and kill, it won't even cost you anything and they are ready to rock u till u die

Senegal Dhaka is the best in west Africa, though 90% of Senegalese are Muslim but you hardly notice, because beer and other night lives are legal, Darker is take off point for hard drugs heading into Europe , most Nigerians there are stinkingly rich due to numerous illegal business like internet fraud and arm deal going on in that country,

Cameroon is another useless country like Nigeria, nothing much to say about them

chad and Niger... if you have been to northern Nigeria you need not to travel to these countries because their similarities are striking... just that beer and prostitution are legal

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 4:37pm On Jan 25, 2018
yankison:

Please which of the guinea ,is it equatorial Guinea ....I do like to visit please how do I go about their visa and how much does the ticket cost
Not that Guinea.
It's Guinea Conakry
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 4:39pm On Jan 25, 2018
adexuxin:
I had crossed Africa once to Asia But the African tour means so much to me.... Timbuktu , Dakar ,Cairo, Kenya , Ethiopia on my wish list
Thanks
It's fun travelling by Bus or Jeep
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Paretomaster(m): 4:39pm On Jan 25, 2018
[b][/b]NIAMEY, NIGER REPUBLIC

Electricity, almost 24hours, despite the fact, that Nigeria supply them, at least when I was there, they took light like 2 hours in one month.

Security, much better, you can walk home anytime of the night.
Once the president is passing through, everything must be off the road, people, vehicles etc must be like half a mile away from the road ..

Cost of living, damn, sometimes I feel we r so ungrateful as Nigerians, a can malt is about 350 naira, rent for a 2 bedroom flat, be ready to pay as much as 40k monthly.

Rice , meat, chicken Are the only cheap things I see there.....every other thing is like times 2 or 3 of our price here.. .

Minimum bike ride is at least 100 nairaland, and above...

They don't mint their own currency, they rely on France to do that for them.. .FCFA

the weather can be extremely cold, and hot during each season.

That are generally law abiding.

Mostly muslims, speak strictly French, Hausa, Zarma

Most of their girls goes to school, beautiful girls too.. ..

And one thing I noticed, they don't flare up like we do here in Nigeria, you see 2 bikes collide or drive rough, instead of being on each others throats, they just pick their bikes. And go away, sometimes without even saying a word.. ..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Oluwasaeon(m): 4:43pm On Jan 25, 2018
I love this thread!

5 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Audray(f): 4:44pm On Jan 25, 2018
mildflame:

Erit-WHAT!
Oya no vex. Ignore the Eritrea. smiley
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2018
grin
Remember it's CFA
1000 CFA = 320 Naira
One plate of food is 500 CFA same like Nigeria.

Paretomaster:
[b][/b]NIAMEY, NIGER REPUBLIC

Electricity, almost 24hours, despite the fact, that Nigeria supply them, at least when I was there, they took light like 2 hours in one month.

Security, much better, you can walk home anytime of the night.
Once the president is passing through, everything must be off the road, people, vehicles etc must be like half a mile away from the road ..

Cost of living, damn, sometimes I feel we r so ungrateful as Nigerians, a can malt is about 350 naira, rent for a 2 bedroom flat, be ready to pay as much as 40k monthly.

Rice , meat, chicken Are the only cheap things I see there.....every other thing is like times 2 or 3 of our price here.. .

Minimum bike ride is at least 100 nairaland, and above...

They don't mint their own currency, they rely on France to do that for them.. .FCFA

the weather can be extremely cold, and hot during each season.

That are generally law abiding.

Mostly muslims, speak strictly French, Hausa, Zarma

Most of their girls goes to school, beautiful girls too.. ..

And one thing I noticed, they don't flare up like we do here in Nigeria, you see 2 bikes collide or drive rough, instead of being on each others throats, they just pick their bikes. And go away, sometimes without even saying a word.. ..
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by kannymoore(m): 4:58pm On Jan 25, 2018
seunny4lif:
Senegal ( 5 months) :
The best west Africa for me, 90% Muslims nation but you wouldn't even know. You can slap a Soldier in Senegal no problem but do that to police officer and be ready for 4 months in Jail.
NB:
Dakar is so nice but Igbo boiz has made Senegalese police to be targeting Nigerians.
They believe all Nigerians are Scammers becos that what most Nigerians in Senegal do for living.
Don't be surprise when you see Europeans travelling with you inside the Bus o Oooh even within the city

Niger Rep (4 months):
Nothing much diff from Northern Nigeria but Alcohol is legalized and the country own more than 4 brewery companies.

Sierra Leone ( 3 weeks):
Sierra leone are the cheapest girls to bleep cos just buy a plate of food for them and it is finish but mehn those chicks get unbelievable ASS and they will fuvk your soul out .
Dogg style

Guinea ( 4 days)
Those chicks over there are the most beautiful ladies in the whole West Africa. They like Nigerian guys becos of what Igbo guys are doing over there.
The road from Mali to Guinea and from Guinea to Senegal are the worst roads, I have ever seen in my life.
3K = 270K grin
I and my friend ate rice and full Chicken and everybody was looking at our plate.

Not much fun
Same like Nigeria

Togo (2 days )

Ghana ( Just 2 days)

Burkina Faso( 1 day)

Mali ( 3 days)
Haba

Planning to visit Cape Verde but my wife is coming with me angry angry angry

Guy!!

You have lived the life I could only wish to live in my dreams!!!

May you live long mehn!!

Peace!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by jumaian(m): 5:05pm On Jan 25, 2018
Benin republic and Togo. Constant power supply to make you productive. Security better than Nigeria and the country is also neat. No place like home though.
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 5:15pm On Jan 25, 2018
kannymoore:

Guy!!

You have lived the life I could only wish to live in my dreams!!!

May you live long mehn!!

Peace!!
Amen and same to you

3 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by happy200(m): 5:19pm On Jan 25, 2018
Only few people said the truth here. i 've been to 5 West African countries and 4 South African countries. The only problem in Nigeria is electricity and the citizens should obey the rule of law. U 'll make more money in Nigerian than all of them. apart from infastructural aspect in some major countries and beautiful women (jst few of them) ''no african country should be compared to Nigeria''. Business e.t.c

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Funjosh(m): 5:22pm On Jan 25, 2018
mildflame:

How big is d country? There National budget no reach Osun state budget

Even if there national Budgets is not upto Alimosho Local Government budget, what am saying is they have good power supply.

5 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by watchindelta(m): 5:30pm On Jan 25, 2018
work no fit make me see road to travel self but i hv bn to marocco infact jst like europe casabanca
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Cyberknight: 5:36pm On Jan 25, 2018
honor4me:
Abidjan is not better than Abuja. I live in both cities. Electricity is far stable in Cote D'ivoire but it's so costly. At all rates Abuja is still the best.

Electricity is NOT cheap to generate. Remember that its still being sold at below market rates in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Paretomaster(m): 5:54pm On Jan 25, 2018
seunny4lif:
grin
Remember it's CFA
1000 CFA = 320 Naira
One plate of food is 500 CFA same like Nigeria.

Says who? 1000cfa = 640+ naira

2 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 5:56pm On Jan 25, 2018
Paretomaster:

Says who? 1000cfa = 640+ naira
Ah
Naira don worst like this

1 Like

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Paretomaster(m): 6:01pm On Jan 25, 2018
seunny4lif:

Ah
Naira don worst like this

I tell you.. ..it can go as much as 700 naira. ..

2 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 6:11pm On Jan 25, 2018
Paretomaster:

I tell you.. ..it can go as much as 700 naira. ..
That serious ooooh
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 25, 2018
This thread will not be very well dealt with because most people commenting on this thread compare their places of abode like Lagos, Onitsha, Kano, Aba, Phc to other countries' federal capital territories.

If you wanna compare Nigeria to Ghana, compare Abuja to Accra and not your village to Accra. undecided

1 Like

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by emmygzy(m): 6:27pm On Jan 25, 2018
seunny4lif:
Senegal ( 5 months) :
NB:

Niger Rep (4 months):

Sierra Leone ( 3 weeks):
Dogg style

Guinea ( 4 days)
3K = 270K grin

Not much fun
Same like Nigeria

Togo (2 days )

Ghana ( Just 2 days)

Burkina Faso( 1 day)

Mali ( 3 days)
Haba

Planning to visit Cape Verde but my wife is coming with me angry angry angry
Big man
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by ChineseBuggati3(m): 6:48pm On Jan 25, 2018
Bizibi:
but I heard their policies is business friendly but I don't know if it is true tho.

and you just concluded that it's better than Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Car Falls Off A Bridge In Ibadan, Lands On A Commercial Bus (Pics) / Train Cuts Off Woman's Leg At Urrata, Aba, Abia State (graphic Picture) / Shiroro Hydro Power Plant, Niger State In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.