Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,702 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? (665 Views)

Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? / Nobody Needs Jesus Or Religion to be Righteous / Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by Emmytes(m): 4:29pm On Jan 25, 2018
I've got sick and tired of the lie, deceptions. The obvious plot to put humans in constant fear and control.

I dove deeper to make sense of the things I didn't understand about Christianity and religion. It made a lot less sense after that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by pasydron(m): 4:31pm On Jan 25, 2018
It was boring... Stopped @ 12... Best decision I ever made.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by OtemAtum: 4:37pm On Jan 25, 2018
I saw myself in another realm where the true history of mankind and the universe was given to me. I had to drop religion after the truth was revealed to me in that realm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by chukslawrence(m): 4:45pm On Jan 25, 2018
I noticed I used the heart more when it comes to thinking. I regret knowing late... Not an Atheist either

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:01pm On Jan 25, 2018
Emmytes:
I've got sick and tired of the lie, deceptions. The obvious plot to put humans in constant fear and control.

I dove deeper to make sense of the things I didn't understand about Christianity and religion. It made a lot less sense after that.
Not only you although I have not fully dropped religion.The bible is contradictory I started asking questions the only reply was let the holyspirit guide you.I asked one about Goliath and I asked if Giants were not killed in the great flood so how come all of a sudden Giants were with the phillistines and the reply was are you questioning the bible.I started researching about religion and the one I was born into and I became confused.Either way I still believe Gd exists and would continue to do so but Not the way religion defines God.Maybe this God created the entire universe(other planets and not only earth).I am not an atheist or agnostic.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by Efewestern: 6:20pm On Jan 25, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Not only you although I have not fully dropped religion.The bible is contradictory I started asking questions the only reply was let the holyspirit guide you.I asked one about Goliath and I asked if Giants were not killed in the great flood so how come all of a sudden Giants were with the phillistines and the reply was are you questioning the bible.I started researching about religion and the one I was born into and I became confused.Either way I still believe Gd exists and would continue to do so but Not the way religion defines God.Maybe this God created the entire universe(other planets and not only earth).I am not an atheist or agnostic.

I still believe in GOD and the supernatural.. but not religion .I still go to church tho.. everything about religion doesn't just add up.

we all got a purpose on earth, I discovered mine on time, and I can be who I want to be without any religion.

Anybody with such philosophy?

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:24pm On Jan 25, 2018
[quote author=Efewestern post=64509639]

I still believe in GOD and the supernatural.. but not religion .I still go to church tho.. everything about religion doesn't just add up.

we all got a purpose on earth, I discovered mine on time, and I can be who I want to be without any religion.

Anybody with such philosophy? [/quoteI share that philosophy.
Re: What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by GideonG(m): 7:04pm On Jan 25, 2018
When you suffer and decide to seek for more knowledge, you will uncover the truth. Finally I unlucked the absolute truth this year and it's one of the best thing that ever happened to me and the universe too.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:26pm On Jan 25, 2018
Emmytes:

It is good you left religion, now come to JESUS CHRIST to receive life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by BluntBoy(m): 7:27pm On Jan 25, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

The Bible is not contradictory per se. What we have is a conflict of interpretations.

For instance, the issue about Goliath is not straightforward, as indeed many of the stories in the Bible. Was Goliath really a giant or was he simply just much taller than his peers that they thought of him as a giant?

In all, Christianity is one big scam. I have always refused the Christian label, even while I was a pastor. I always (and still does) simply refer to myself as a child of God.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by Emmytes(m): 7:36pm On Jan 25, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

It is good you left religion, now come to JESUS CHRIST to receive life.

Thanks but I'll pass. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by GideonG(m): 7:49pm On Jan 25, 2018
BluntBoy:

The Bible is not contradictory per se. What we have is a conflict of interpretations.

For instance, the issue about Goliath is not straightforward, as indeed many of the stories in the Bible. Was Goliath really a giant or was he simply just much taller than his peers that they thought of him as a giant?

In all, Christianity is one big scam. I have always refused the Christian label, even while I was a pastor. I always (and still does) simply refer to myself as a child of God.
BIG SCAM INDEED! I am happy you left that side soon enough.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by sirBLUNT: 8:17pm On Jan 25, 2018
religion the opium of the masses and we're so drunk in it...thank GOD i left it in 2016 am not an aitheist and am definately not a christian but a child of GOD who believes in the supreme...

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by OtemAtum: 12:39pm On Jan 27, 2018
chukslawrence:
I noticed I used the heart more when it comes to thinking. I regret knowing late... Not an Atheist either
Hmm... Something like this was addressed in the Doctufos of truth. We are being instructed there to use our brains in interpreting things, rather than our heart emotions.
Re: What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by OtemAtum: 12:41pm On Jan 27, 2018
Efewestern:

Anybody with such philosophy?
Present sir
Re: What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by Niflheim(m): 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2018
@Emmytes,

The fear of clowns and the fear of eating grass is what made me leave religion finally!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by OtemAtum: 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2018
Niflheim:
@Emmytes,

The fear of clowns and the fear of eating grass is what made me leave religion finally!!!
Come see me laughing in my office with this your comment. E be like say I go comot for nairaland small before una use laff wey dey tear belle kill person. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? by chukslawrence(m): 2:08pm On Jan 27, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
May be Agnostic Theist.

(1) (Reply)

The Bible Led Me To Islam / This Man Has Been Smoking And Drinking For 16 Years, See Where He Is Now. / “hell Does Not Exist” – Pope Francis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.