Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? (25698 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Don't Leave Your Country (japa), Prosperity Awaits You / RCCG 69th Annual Convention:Share Your Previous Experiences / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by DCmaverick(m): 1:25am On Oct 08, 2023
Why did u leave ur previous church? and what made u like ur current place of worship?

- if u don't go to church u can also give reason(s) why u dn't go too undecided

DCmaverick:
Wel me i left my former church Bcus, we were having a program and the guest minister dat was invited has spray on his hair, and i was "lik wat de f*ck am i seeing lik dix".
since den i left dat church and nw am A PROUD MEMBER OF SALVATION MINISTRIES.
i lik salvation ministries cus my pastor(David Ibiyeomie)teaches u de word of God and shows u were it is written in de bible for u to comfirm(jus my OWN little reason)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by DCmaverick(m): 1:35am On Oct 08, 2023
Wel me i left my former church Bcus, we were having a program and the guest minister dat was invited has spray on his hair, and i was "lik wat de f*ck am i seeing lik dix".
i lik salvation ministries cus my pastor(David Ibiyeomie)teaches u de word of God and shows u were it is written in de bible for u to comfirm(jus my OWN little reason)

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by CooldipoMPS: 2:20am On Oct 08, 2023
Relocation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by izonborn098(m): 6:40am On Oct 08, 2023
I avoid anything that relate to christianity..

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Bluezy13(m): 6:46am On Oct 08, 2023
If one must worship, one should worship the gods of one's forefathers.

The Christian god is a product of political propaganda.

Modified*
In response to "barbarism" as someone below pointed out:
We made them (the gods) barbaric.
They weren't barbaric.
We chose to appease them through extreme measures.
They never chose.
We made them respond the way we wanted.
Their response was directly proportional to our choice of appeasement.

That's why when the barbaric rituals ceased, nothing happened.

Then again, I guess it's the Christian god that is barbaric for killing firstborn sons, a whole nation (Sodom and Gomorrah) a generation, the whole world (with flood) and through wars. Imagine the number of times that the words "smite, smote" appeared in the Bible (KJV).

The god was busy killing people here and there, according to the Bible, yet you will not see it as barbaric.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by mariovito(m): 10:14am On Oct 08, 2023
Bluezy13:

There's a reason why gods take after the people that worship them.

For example, Indians and their Hinduism, Chinese and Buddhism, Jews and Judaism, Europeans and Christianity, Arabs and Islam.

But coming to Africa, no one wants to be proud of their indigenous religion, they'll rather see it as demon worship.

Religion and Gods are forms of self expression and identity.

If I assume a foreign religion, I also assumee their identity and consciously and subconsciously see my salvation in another land other than mine.

Agreed, our various African religions just like every other, Christianity inclusive had a few flaws here and there, but if we had stuck with it, we would have evolved just like Christianity.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Bluezy13(m): 10:15am On Oct 08, 2023
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by floatinszx6: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2023
It's simple. They want you to support their church business but turn a blind eye when you ask for their help to support yours grin
I no do again.

32 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by LagBlogger(m): 10:15am On Oct 08, 2023
I haven't been to church for almost a year. Mostly because I meditate and thoroughly read scripture myself.

I feel less empowered spiritually when I listen to some seemons

10 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by zombieHUNTER: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2023
DCmaverick:

undecided

That's how you'd still notice something else and leave your current place of worship..

Ashewo churchmember means something,
you are just a pun contributing money for a private jet.. and building a business empire

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by StormpyBee: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2023
The church is your heart, and not a building.

This is what matters!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Mvnster: 10:16am On Oct 08, 2023
Bluezy13:

Yea lets keep throwing twins in evil forests and using albinos for rituals

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by EngrchidiG25(m): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2023
God is one but church has put doen different doctrines that's y am confused

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by 1Dray(m): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2023
Because of obvious tribalism. Our pastors, must desist from tribalism. Tribalism shouldn't be found in Christianity.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by kereman1: 10:16am On Oct 08, 2023
I just stopped going to church, I'll rather be enjoying nkwobi, stepping it down with a chill beer on a Sunday morning than, being in church for a mortal man to be gaslighting me, cos I'm guilty of everything a pastor preaches in church, and I don't intent to change.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by wunmi590(m): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2023

I'm a Catholic, so I still remain in my parish...

7 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Administration1: 10:16am On Oct 08, 2023
Stay away from religious beliefs, stick to knowing your God.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by SHINJA: 10:16am On Oct 08, 2023
So because of hair spray u change Ur church?

Baby Christians everywhere...

Guess u have never travel out of this shithole

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Benbelor(m): 10:17am On Oct 08, 2023
Any church
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Emyres: 10:18am On Oct 08, 2023
Tell them.

Mvnster:

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by moneyissweet(m): 10:18am On Oct 08, 2023
Who wrote the Bible? The pastor that spray his hair is a guyman looking for girls and people's wife to fck. They are all Yahoo pastors in including your pastor david.

DCmaverick:

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Odjirigho: 10:18am On Oct 08, 2023
Follow God, leave Churchism

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Skillsnigeria: 10:18am On Oct 08, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by wunmi590(m): 10:19am On Oct 08, 2023
Administration1:
Stay away from religious beliefs, stick to knowing your God.

Best advice for today
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by princepeter566: 10:19am On Oct 08, 2023
U are confused young boy.
izonborn098:
I avoid anything that relate to christianity..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by sketcherJ(m): 10:19am On Oct 08, 2023
DCmaverick:
I don’t understand, what do you mean by spray?

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Bluezy13(m): 10:20am On Oct 08, 2023
Mvnster:

We made them barbaric.
They weren't barbaric.
We chose to appease them by extreme means.
They never chose.
We made them respond the way we wanted.
Their response was directly proportional to our choice of appeasement.

That's why when the barbaric rituals ceased, nothing happened.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor And His Wife Welcome Twins After 16 Years Of Waiting (Photos) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Easter Youth Camp: Youths From Around The World Join / Paul Enenche Reacts To Fulani Herdsmen's Killings: "Enough Is Enough"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.