Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) (38573 Views)

New NS3 (DVB-3) TV Transmission Standard / Dvb-s For Pc Now Works Like Dreambox / Required: Software For Usb Dvb-s Box (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by olamidey3(m): 6:19pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hello House,
My samsung tv come wit dvb/t inbuilt decoder. I've scan for stations but scramble, so what will I do
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by spartacus11(m): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
mecussey:
I felt I want to start this thread for most of my hi tech guys who may be interested; I would not want to worry about the introduction and basics because, I think they know how, which are satellite TV broadcast terrestrially. The aim is to combine the most important satellite and local TV channels for view to a specific area, free or at a low rate instead of having a hundred pay satellite TV channels that are of no use. Companies operating Cable TV in Nigeria are CMTV, DISC ENGINEERING, CTL, etc. Next I will show you how to set up a Cable TV network step by step and the recommended equipment.
very important I'm still waiting for more of ur update

1 Like

Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 6:04am On Jul 09, 2015
olamidey3:
Hello House,
My samsung tv come wit dvb/t inbuilt decoder. I've scan for stations but scramble, so what will I do

Check by the side of your TV if it has any CAM module slot. You might need a Cam module and a smartcard to descramble programs.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 6:05am On Jul 09, 2015
spartacus11:
very important I'm still waiting for more of ur update

Very soon, i need to get some job done.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 6:13am On Jul 09, 2015
success9:

I'm being cautious about these vendors...

I really want to start it in Ogun state...somewhere not too far from Lagos for some reasons.
And if possible, i will want to commence operation @ most 12months frm now.

Do u have any link I might need?

Pls send reply to my mail
vawolowo@yahoo.com

If you are not bouyant enough, then go into iptv, you will not need any licence but your customers would be limited. Let me update my email address, may be we will talk about it.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by olamidey3(m): 10:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
mecussey:

Check by the side of your TV if it has any CAM module slot. You might need a Cam module and a smartcard to descramble programs.
That's the problem, it has no module or slot.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by spartacus11(m): 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2015
olamidey3:

please check very well, the side right and left, all digital tv I've installed has it if possible send a pick of the right and left side of the tv let's see
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 4:39am On Jul 10, 2015
olamidey3:
then your only hope is FTA...if you tell me your location, I might help.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by olamidey3(m): 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
mecussey:

then your only hope is FTA...if you tell me your location, I might help.

I reside @ UI Ibadan, Nigeria
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by success9(m): 1:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
mecussey:

If you are not bouyant enough, then go into iptv, you will not need any licence but your customers would be limited. Let me update my email address, may be we will talk about it.

Thank you so much. Please let me know as soon as you update ur email address
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by joecooper(m): 9:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
hello guys, i need a hand here. i wanna hook up a church to have there events broadcasted on digital terrestrial signal but on a independent dish and frequency..... i need someone to guide me thru. Heres ma num 08090455551
thanks
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 11:25am On Aug 21, 2015
joecooper:
hello guys, i need a hand here. i wanna hook up a church to have there events broadcasted on digital terrestrial signal but on a independent dish and frequency..... i need someone to guide me thru. Heres ma num 08090455551
thanks

Your question is not accurate...digtal terrestrial is different from satellite. If you want it on satellite, then budget 10m quaterly but if you want it on terrestrial, then you can set up your station or partner with existing cable tv terrestrial....geoffery2@gmail.com
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by liveth21: 3:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hello brothers, like what one of the poster said, about having a digital tv. I also have lg smart tv,with inbuilt decoder. But when i try vewing some of the DTV stations,it says no ci module. But there're some that i do veiw,like super sport 9, ntn international, arize tv and some few other stations. So i got in touch with an installer,he said i will need a dish and lnb,but that he is not sure if it going to work.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 2:30am On Aug 22, 2015
liveth21:
Hello brothers, like what one of the poster said, about having a digital tv. I also have lg smart tv,with inbuilt decoder. But when i try vewing some of the DTV stations,it says no ci module. But there're some that i do veiw,like super sport 9, ntn international, arize tv and some few other stations. So i got in touch with an installer,he said i will need a dish and lnb,but that he is not sure if it going to work.

i think what you are seeing are fta terrestrial tv programs. If you mean to view pay tv, u must have Cam module if the broadcaster is not on mandatory pairing.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by liveth21: 2:51am On Aug 22, 2015
I don't have an iota of ideal about the cam stuff.how am i going to get it?
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 8:40am On Sep 04, 2015
liveth21:
I don't have an iota of ideal about the cam stuff.how am i going to get it?

If you know the owner of the programs, then I can advise. CAM comes in Conax, Irdeto, Nagravision, Betacript e.t.c.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by liveth21: 11:20am On Sep 04, 2015
Okay
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by DatechMan(m): 7:53am On Dec 15, 2015
mecussey:

If you know the owner of the programs, then I can advise. CAM comes in Conax, Irdeto, Nagravision, Betacript e.t.c.

How can I get any of the CAM especially the Irdeto. Or which one do you think is the best?

Guys can ping me on BBM# 2AF898D6

Thanks.

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 4:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
DatechMan:

How can I get any of the CAM especially the Irdeto. Or which one do you think is the best?

Guys can ping me on BBM# 2AF898D6

Thanks.

#GodBlessNigeria

5k and I will send you one

1 Like

Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by DatechMan(m): 7:44am On Dec 19, 2015
mecussey:

5k and I will send you one

Thanks bro.
I would very much appreciate that.
Here are the obvious questions.
1. Is this going to work with my Samsung U6900
2. Is this going to give me access to FTA or paid services. If paid services, how much average per month?
3. Can I configure it myself? (Is there enough guide?)
4. How can I be sure you are legit?

Thanks bro

#GodBlessNigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 6:27pm On Dec 19, 2015
[quote author=DatechMan post=41138493][/quote]

If you read the previous posts I sent you again, you will understand. First you need to know the network you are receiving, the CA system etc. I dont know the network you are receiving neither do I know the encryption. You requested for Irdeto hence my offer.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by DatechMan(m): 6:46am On Dec 20, 2015
mecussey:

If you read the previous posts I sent you again, you will understand. First you need to know the network you are receiving, the CA system etc. I dont know the network you are receiving neither do I know the encryption. You requested for Irdeto hence my offer.

OK. I get
I'm a noob in this aspect of technology.
Do I need a dish with the CAM?
Also, about the network I receive I don't know o. I stay in Nigeria in Osun State. I don't have any Idea what I'd be receiving. I used to think that depends on the satellite your dish is tracking.

Please explain in details.
Thank you in advance.
God Bless
#GodBlessNigeria
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2015
DatechMan:

OK. I get
I'm a noob in this aspect of technology.
Do I need a dish with the CAM?
Also, about the network I receive I don't know o. I stay in Nigeria in Osun State. I don't have any Idea what I'd be receiving. I used to think that depends on the satellite your dish is tracking.

Please explain in details.
Thank you in advance.
God Bless

#GodBlessNigeria

Honestly, you have to find out the network, then we start from their....probably, gotv, and the cam will not work for gotv
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by DatechMan(m): 7:29am On Dec 22, 2015
mecussey:

Honestly, you have to find out the network, then we start from their....probably, gotv, and the cam will not work for gotv

It is likely it's gotv. Because I used RF to connect the Gotv Decoder in the Living Room to the TV in my room. Also the channels in the TV guide looks like GOTV.
If you think this is not correct how can I find out. Also, please is it possible to receive some other network. I don't know if I need to set the TV to Cable/Satellite/Freesat/Terrestrial. I use terrestrial for now to view the Gotv on UHF.

If the CAM cannot work for me. What would you recommend to get the best out my set.

Thanks,

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 11:10am On Dec 23, 2015
DatechMan:

It is likely it's gotv. Because I used RF to connect the Gotv Decoder in the Living Room to the TV in my room. Also the channels in the TV guide looks like GOTV.
If you think this is not correct how can I find out. Also, please is it possible to receive some other network. I don't know if I need to set the TV to Cable/Satellite/Freesat/Terrestrial. I use terrestrial for now to view the Gotv on UHF.

If the CAM cannot work for me. What would you recommend to get the best out my set.

Thanks,

#GodBlessNigeria

If you are living anywhere in the south east, I will send you a CAM that will work. Otherwise, set your TV to satellite and install a dish that will receive FTA.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by spartacus11(m): 1:40am On Dec 24, 2015
mecussey:

If you are living anywhere in the south east, I will send you a CAM that will work. Otherwise, set your TV to satellite and install a dish that will receive FTA.
will the cam work in benin, please trow more light in how this cam works
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 2:48pm On Dec 30, 2015
spartacus11:
will the cam work in benin, please trow more light in how this cam works

Yes, depending on your location, it will work in Benin, however you will always have to subscribe to the network you are receiving but you wont need any set top box or decoder. If I know you location, you will be able to watch EPL LALIGA and other good movies with the CAM and Yaggi antenna
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by spartacus11(m): 11:53am On Dec 31, 2015
mecussey:

Yes, depending on your location, it will work in Benin, however you will always have to subscribe to the network you are receiving but you wont need any set top box or decoder. If I know you location, you will be able to watch EPL LALIGA and other good movies with the CAM and Yaggi antenna
my location is Benin city, please I'm interested
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2016
spartacus11:
my location is Benin city, please I'm interested

I meant it depends on your location in Benin City, tell me your location, then give me your email address.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by spartacus11(m): 12:20am On Jan 03, 2016
mecussey:

I meant it depends on your location in Benin City, tell me your location, then give me your email address.
ikpoba hill its one of the major area in benin. spartacus_efe@hotmail.com
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by showafrica(m): 1:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
spartacus11:

buy yaggi antenna and downconverter power pack and track the cable channels that uses video machine then. You may use frequency CH 57 to track the signal towards the direction of faith park.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 8:33am On Jan 05, 2016
spartacus11:

Showafrica got the idea...do the above and let me know if you got signal. If you got the signal then I will send you the CAM.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strong 4922 Hd Decoder / Free to air Satellite TV channels in Nigeria - [MYTV, Multi TV] / Moyinoluwa Adeyemi Builds Yoruba Watch Face That Tells The Time In Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.