Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? (4802 Views)

How Do I Effectively Ghost A Confused Girl? / 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl / Ladies Name One Thing Men Do That Turns You Off But They Think It's A Turn On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by TIDDOLL(m): 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2018
DaddyKross:

True talk bruh. Really helpful

you gerrit smiley
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by Ramanto(m): 2:54pm On Jan 27, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
فثف في صفلس قبل اييلتق لنقل
op, take this advice
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 27, 2018
Not only guy in dis world has all you want in a man. If u prefer him to ur dreams/career, dat is fine, u can't just ditch ur career for him when in ur heart u are nt happy with it and vice-versa.
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by MissWrite(f): 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2018
Are you sure he was everything you wanted in a man? Isn't being supportive of your ambitions part of what you look for in a partner? It's your life; What do you really want out of it? If you have a clear picture in front of you, you would be able to put these so-called "losses" along the way in proper context. What would you rather: give up the man, or give up becoming a doctor?

If it's the man you want, then make the necessary sacrifice to be with him. Even chose a career he's comfortable with if that gets you what you want. Just be warned that it is foolish to look for your happiness in another person. It's a lot of pressure and he can leave you tomorrow You have to find your happiness in yourself. Be a person with personal goals, drive and direction; before you're a person in a relationship. Don't lose yourself.

If it is the med career you want, then you would find people who support that ambition. There are plenty men who want to marry doctors. Maybe you might even end up with a professional colleague, it happens a lot. If you really want to be a doctor, you would realize you dodged a bullet with this one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:26pm On Jan 27, 2018
Focus on passing your exams. Your value increases as you progress up the medical ladder. Female doctors are in high demand for marriage almost regardless of age.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by fascia(m): 5:50pm On Jan 27, 2018
Biafraqueen:
Hi guys,

I started dating a guy I really liked when i was on a waitlist for admission to study medicine . I got off the waitlist and decided to go to med school. He broke up with me because he didn't see the long term potential in us anymore .

He also raised questions of when I would be able to have kids and settle down (he wants to have kids before I turn 30 - ).

I am now terrified that I won't be able to find anybody because of my situation. This guy was so much of what I was looking for in a person and it hurts to lose him.....
Being a female medical student ,is it a turn off
Because this time i experienced the notion.

Thanks.
dont worry i will marry u wink...
you have to sit him down n discuss nani,calculate the number of years of school remaining then permutate the number of ways both of u could get what u want by compromising a little to find a middle ground.maybe u could marry before finishing school or maybe not.
if this doesnt work,there are many men out there,statistically speaking with qualities u like in him and even better.the notion of i will ner find someone like him is pure fallacy,there is always someone better.
if this doesnt work too,i will marry u cheesy cheesy
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by SuperSuave(m): 8:33pm On Jan 27, 2018
Biafraqueen:
naah..
You really look like a longtime friend of mine who stays in Enugu aswel
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by Tohzara(m): 9:42am On Jan 28, 2018
MissWrite:
Are you sure he was everything you wanted in a man? Isn't being supportive of your ambitions part of what you look for in a partner? It's your life; What do you really want out of it? If you have a clear picture in front of you, you would be able to put these so-called "losses" along the way in proper context. What would you rather: give up the man, or give up becoming a doctor?

If it's the man you want, then make the necessary sacrifice to be with him. Even chose a career he's comfortable with if that gets you what you want. Just be warned that it is foolish to look for your happiness in another person. It's a lot of pressure and he can leave you tomorrow You have to find your happiness in yourself. Be a person with personal goals, drive and direction; before you're a person in a relationship. Don't lose yourself.

If it is the med career you want, then you would find people who support that ambition. There are plenty men who want to marry doctors. Maybe you might even end up with a professional colleague, it happens a lot. If you really want to be a doctor, you would realize you dodged a bullet with this one.
I wonder why people can't generate love by themselves but will want to sacrifice their own happiness just to find a person they can love, and that will love them back. I think such people are uninspired dregs with an internal emotional void that can never be filled.

True love is the overwhelming desire to spend the rest of your life with the object of your passion. You can never fall out of love if your love is true. Why should you abandon true love for the object of your passion and happiness (that cannever disappoint you) for "true love" for a living being with its own interests, and that cannot be trusted? What kind of true love is that? You might end up with a miserable life. Bitter regrets.

Plato was in true love with philosophy, Michelangelo with art, Feynman with physics, Dante with poetry, Machiavelli with politics, Herman Melville with writing, and so on----in true love with their passion, their work. A human being CANNOT compete with such true love.

Jorge Luis Borges said, "to fall in love is to create a religion that has a fallible God.". People are fallible and full of disappointment at every turn. So making them the very source of one's happiness may cause one more pain and anguish. One might eventually end up an empty husk.

Biafraqueen, never sacrifice your own happiness and ambition to please a human being. A person who doesn't care about your ambition doesn't love you, or maybe you're just INCOMPATIBLE. Go for a person that supports your dreams.
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by MissWrite(f): 9:46am On Jan 28, 2018
Tohzara:
I wonder why people can't generate love by themselves but will want to sacrifice their own happiness just to find a person they can love, and that will love them back. I think such people are uninspired dregs with an internal emotional void that can never be filled.

True love is the overwhelming desire to spend the rest of your life with the object of your passion. You can never fall out of love if your love is true. Why should you abandon true love for the object of your passion and happiness (that cannever disappoint you) for "true love" for a living being with its own interests, and that cannot be trusted? What kind of true love is that? You might end up with a miserable life. Bitter regrets.

Plato was in true love with philosophy, Michelangelo with art, Feynman with physics, Dante with poetry, Machiavelli with politics, Herman Melville with writing, and so on----in true love with their passion, their work. A human being CANNOT compete with such true love.

Jorge Luis Borges said, "to fall in love is to create a religion that has a fallible God.". People are fallible and full of disappointment at every turn. So making them the very source of one's happiness may cause one more pain and anguish. One might eventually end up an empty husk.

Biafraqueen, never sacrifice your own happiness and ambition to please a human being. A person who doesn't care about your ambition doesn't love you, or maybe you're just INCOMPATIBLE. Go for a person that supports your dreams.

You actually made me cry with this. Very well said. You're blessed, my friend.
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by Tohzara(m): 10:08am On Jan 28, 2018
MissWrite:

You actually made me cry with this. Very well said.
Awww. Only the empathy of a Goddess could stoke such emotions. You felt for the lost ones who must have lost themselves in finding themselves through the wrong route.

i do not want to have you
to fill the empty parts of me
i want to be full on my own
i want to be so complete
i could light a whole city
and then
i want to have you
cause the two of us combined
could set it on fire
Rupi Kaur, MILK AND HONEY

Everyone should think in that way for their own good. No one is indispensable. Our partner should only be a BONUS to our lives, not a mandatory part of it. Before falling in love with a human being, you should have fallen in love with something without a face, that aligns with your spirit and soul. And should never be prepared to dispose of it for anybody.

You're blessed, my friend.
Thanks. Bless you too. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by imconfused(f): 10:21am On Jan 28, 2018
Op,it's shocking to hear his sort of thing in 2018.
Have you ever heard of any guy worrying about the course he should study because he doesn't want to turn girls off
Let me ask o,so if the response on this thread is that medicine is a turn off what will you do?Change course?
You are still too young to allow your mind to start revolving around what a man wants or doesn't want.
Your focus should be on YOU,what YOU want,YOUR goals and ambitions.Where do you see yourself in 5 years career wise?What specialty?

That is what a sensible girl should be thinking,being a BOSS lady.Setting a standard,making her own money so that she can buy what she wants,she can live the life she wants without being dependent.

A man who is worthy of you will come along..a man who is your equal not the type that marry based on career not the human being they want to spend their lives with.

Medicine is a long winded road,filled with twists and turns..I suggest you start setting your priorities right and focus.

I'm assuming you are below 18,if you are older.. lipsrsealed

Good luck
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by Obierika(m): 10:23am On Jan 28, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
فثف في صفلس قبل اييلتق لنقل

This advise you gave does not work in all cases
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by fayded(m): 10:59am On Jan 28, 2018
Biafraqueen:
Hi guys,

I started dating a guy I really liked when i was on a waitlist for admission to study medicine . I got off the waitlist and decided to go to med school. He broke up with me because he didn't see the long term potential in us anymore .

He also raised questions of when I would be able to have kids and settle down (he wants to have kids before I turn 30 - ).

I am now terrified that I won't be able to find anybody because of my situation. This guy was so much of what I was looking for in a person and it hurts to lose him.....

Thanks.
Hey, its not a turn-off.. He has low self esteem and he knows that once u start ur clinicals as a medical student., you'd become a hotcake and you'd be way off his league.
Just be you, marriage isn't something to rush into. Concentrate on ur books for now, if he wants to stay, let him, if not, he can fvck off.
From one med student to another... "Welcome to serious fun"
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by jorion(m): 1:00pm On Jan 28, 2018
DonEd:
a clear case of talking before thinking.
Learn to read carefully.
Sharap your mouth, do you think being a mother is easy? Do you think building a career is easy? My young bro studies medicine in the USA n I know what medical students do pass through, n studying medicine abroad is easier than in Nigeria because its more practical. Now you want a lady who is studying such a challenging course to bear a child. Are you not a wizard?
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by DonEd(m): 1:11pm On Jan 28, 2018
jorion:

Sharap your mouth, do you think being a mother is easy? Do you think building a career is easy? My young bro studies medicine in the USA n I know what medical students do pass through, n studying medicine abroad is easier than in Nigeria because its more practical. Now you want a lady who is studying such a challenging course to bear a child. Are you not a wizard?
Like I said before, learn to read carefully. Mr I know too much.
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by Biafraqueen(f): 1:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
MissWrite:

Ur right dear.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by Biafraqueen(f): 1:38pm On Jan 28, 2018
fascia:

dont worry i will marry u wink...
you have to sit him down n discuss nani,calculate the number of years of school remaining then permutate the number of ways both of u could get what u want by compromising a little to find a middle ground.maybe u could marry before finishing school or maybe not.
if this doesnt work,there are many men out there,statistically speaking with qualities u like in him and even better.the notion of i will ner find someone like him is pure fallacy,there is always someone better.
if this doesnt work too,i will marry u cheesy cheesy
Do u want to marry a med doctor.
What do u think about us.
Are u among the ones that thinks we ain't good for marriage.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by Amarabae(f): 1:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
Leave the guy and focus on your academics pls.
Don't be desperate.
After graduating, you will find a partner.
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by jorion(m): 2:00pm On Jan 28, 2018
DonEd:
Why don't we consider sacrifice instead of selfishness? Do u love him? Does he cherish u? You saw someone that u have hoped for and u are gonna let him go simply because u are in medical school? Just wondering, can't a married girl continue her studies in medical school? It's just a matter of understanding between u two.

I don't agree that the man is desperate, every man has a drawn out plan for his life and intending family, don't blame him if ur schedule doesn't fit in his. You didn't even mentioned both ur age.

On ur own part, u are worried marriage life is gonna disrupt ur studies. U guys should find a way to reach out halfway

Trust me, finding ur soul mate isn't as easy as finding ur shoe size in Walmart, its gonna take another season.

My two Naira though.

U mean this, I read it over and over again. Do people still believe in soulmate (your last line), that's like the oldest cliche in the world. If I had a coin for every girl I thought was my soulmate, I'd be a billionaire
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by kense88: 2:48pm On Jan 28, 2018
Teaching is actually the best for mothers.
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by jorion(m): 3:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
kense88:
Teaching is actually the best for mothers.
Here we go again. Who are you to decide?
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by kense88: 10:58pm On Jan 28, 2018
jorion:

Here we go again. Who are you to decide?
She will have more time to look after the kids. One of them definitely need to compromise. That's choosing a less demanding job
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 30, 2018
Make your money, you'll be spoilt for choice. But the hours are long when working in medicine and it will take it's toll on any relationship, so choose wisely.

Stop looking back and look forward with excitement. Fantasise and day dream your perfect man into existence and watch the universe drawn you...

*Singing* 'It's raining men'

1 Like

Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by chigoizie7(m): 2:54pm On Jan 30, 2018
It is a turn off for me. I don't know of others.

And I have my reasons.

So many men went to marry them, not because they love them but because of the job prospects ( I mean , their pay. And hardly in employed). Marrying such a lady is a kinda insurance to some men that no matter what, hunger no go ever near them as long as she is alive and healthy.

But for those of us, who really want to marry for the love of marriage and not because others are doing it. I want a moderate life .

2ndly, I don't like those medical lines, my experience with them in this part of the world is so terrible ( heartless, at times I ask myself if they went for it for the money or for humanity), I know I should not judge all my mistakes or characters of few. But here, majority are just heartless.
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by Hybridz: 12:30am On Jan 31, 2018
Biafraqueen:
Hi guys,

Thanks.
See fine babe!
Make this kind sweet babe dey treat person as doctor,dt illness wey dey worry person go just disappear viaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam niwink

Back to the topic!
it's kinda obvious what you both wanted isn't really on par.Just get your priorities right.
Would u risk getting the man of your dream and hope e listens to you when you try talking him into what you've always dreamed of careerwise and you both having a compromise OR Letting him go,fulfilling your career dream and at the end realising that getting a right man,one that fits your specs is more Herculean that one could ever imagine?

Choose wisely sweetie!
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by Hybridz: 12:39am On Jan 31, 2018
jorion:

Are there no nursing mothers in medical schools?Do you mean to say the challenging nature of the course stops them from being a good mother and wife and at the same time coming out in flying colours.

P.S..nothing is challenging if you really set your mind to achieve it,even in the most glaring adverse conditions!
Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by Sagamite(m): 1:27am On Jan 31, 2018
Biafraqueen:
Hi guys,

Thanks.

Lol!

The pure love of a young girl. grin grin grin grin grin

Girl, I know you are madly in love now, but trust me, the odds of you still being together or this madly in love in another 10 years are quite low.

You would most likely move your separate ways. Worse still, a boyfriend who is ready to leave you because of an issue that has nothing to do with you doing something wrong to him.

Do what is best for your career and continue with the nice personality. You come across as nice hearted. If your brain is well connected in the relationship arena as it is in academics, you should easily find a nice guy in future.

I know it may be painful to end it, but frankly, tell him to fck off!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? by emperorzillion: 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2018
Biafraqueen:
Hi guys,

Thanks.
A girl in a Medical school is never a turn off, If you derive 100% happiness from this medical profession as a girl, then don't sacrifice it for anything because ur happiness should always come first..

Just be calm and patient, real love will find u, support ur ambition and u achieving success in ur medical ambition would be part of his goals..

Take care

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Busty Actress, Ujunwa Mandy Obi Breaks The Internet With Sultry Photos / Mention Dat Nairaland Girl U Want To Get Married In 2020 / Share Your Secondary School Dating Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.