Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" (65678 Views)

Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? / Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" / Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 28, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Lol. this one that you're doing free advert for them. it's so obvious you're their member. So I don't expect you to say anything less.
say whatever jare, it won't make the egusi I am demolishing here less sweeter. You can only guess I am a member but you can never know. Stop assuming, start working with facts. By the way, do you have kids already in secondary school? If no, then you know next to nothing about what to look out for when choosing schools for them
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by happy200(m): 5:40pm On Jan 28, 2018
KENZINCO:

U think it's fraudulent, I think otherwise, which is why I've decided to live my life by it and u have no right whatsoever to question what I believe in.

I If you believe "ALL" pastors are fraudulent, live ur life based on that and I will make sure I do not question ur believe as a person, all this I am doing just because I might not be nice to u if u question mine.
Life is by choice, and as long as ur believe is not imposed on you, I have no right yo question ur choice cuz its you choice to stay believing or leave.

If we are able to mind our businesses IN THIS CASE, we just might be building a more peaceful world for all of us to live in...
Their can't be peace and we can't mind my/our business if someone is directly or indirectly oppressing others creating avoidable hardship, we need to speak out cos if we keep quiet next time someone 'll oppress me and no one 'll speak.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nationalist1: 5:48pm On Jan 28, 2018
The problem with some folks is that they are so pained by the prosperity of the Church; they cannot stand that the Church of Christ is no longer "as poor as Church rat". But wait, let them be ready because they have not seen anything yet. The Scriptures must be fulfilled:

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it." Isaiah 2:2 KJV; This is repeated almost verbatim in Micah 4:1 KJV.

So, the Church of Christ will be so glorious (and you know that nothing is glorious about poverty but it stinks) that the unsaved will naturally be attracted to the Church. Make no mistake; the Church is the body of believers in Christ and not the building.

The angrier the devil and his followers get about the prosperity of the saints (the Church) the more prosperous the Church will be! Have you not read that God takes pleasure in the prosperity of His servants? Psalm 35:27.

It is lack of Scriptural understanding for anyone to say that because Jesus did not display wealth the believers (including preachers) should be poor. 2 Corinthians 8:9 says that Jesus became poor for our sakes so that we, through His poverty might be rich. So, as for me, I chose to be rich. Anybody is free to chose poverty.

Father Abraham was very rich on earth (Genesis 13:2; Genesis 24:1). Yet he went to heaven and still has "bosom" (representing mansion) there! Luke 16:19-31. So, riches is not synonymous with unrighteousness and poverty is not synonymous with righteousness.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by happy200(m): 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2018
Nationalist1:
The problem with some folks is that they are so pained by the prosperity of the Church; they cannot stand that the Church of Christ is no longer "as poor as Church rat". But wait, let them be ready because they have not seen anything yet. The Scriptures must be fulfilled:

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it." Isaiah 2:2 KJV; This is repeated almost verbatim in Micah 4:1 KJV.

So, the Church of Christ will be so glorious (and you know that nothing is glorious about poverty but it stinks) that the unsaved will naturally be attracted to the Church. Make no mistake; the Church is the body of believers in Christ and not the building.

The angrier the devil and his followers get about the prosperity of the saints (the Church) the more prosperous the Church will be! Have you not read that God takes pleasure in the prosperity of His servants? Psalm 35:27.

It is lack of Scriptural understanding for anyone to say that because Jesus did not display wealth the believers (including preachers) should be poor. 2 Corinthians 8:9 says that Jesus became poor for our sakes so that we, through His poverty might be rich. So, as for me, I chose to be rich. Anybody is free to chose poverty.

Father Abraham was very rich on earth (Genesis 13:2; Genesis 24:1). Yet he went to heaven and still has "bosom" (representing mansion) there! Luke 16:19-31. So, riches is not synonymous with unrighteousness and poverty is not synonymous with righteousness.
You are just a praise singer probably collecting peanuts as salary from them ''god of men''
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by saintmark88(m): 6:50pm On Jan 28, 2018
pstjoga:

Why didn't you advice your president to use keke napep for the AU meeting because there are poor people in Nigeria. Who in your own little way have you forfeited your pleasure for. You come on social media to spread hate and jealousy. Abeg, I dey sleep Zzzzzzzz....

When the people of neniveh heard the warning of Jonah they repented. The Pentecostal movement in Nigeria is hearing Gods warning speaking through the people, they say defending their sins with stupid statements like the one above.

Ur comment is like comparing Jesus and Pontius Pilate.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Barzinime(m): 7:05pm On Jan 28, 2018
What is this one saying?
odizeey:
Jesus said before Abraham was, I am.
He said I am the only way.
He said he was God. So is he proud?
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Saintmary(f): 7:19pm On Jan 28, 2018
saintmark88:
[b][/b]

God is warning u all jet flying, opulence living leaders, who live in riches and watch ur followers wallow in poverty. It is was that Nigeria will soon surpass India as country with the highest rate of poverty and someone is claiming he has been riding private jet to d very poor pple he is presiding over. Insult!!!!..............

God is warning u all supporters of evil, for u will suffer the same fate as these god of men....be careful
don't blame others for your problems
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Davoj: 7:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
Jealous of a man who uses the name of God to deceive gullible people. Am sorry its better to be in poverty all your life than to be a false preacher with wealth. Will those private jets last forever No. To hell with all the materialistic possessions of these world. Philippians 3:8 Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by adami48(f): 7:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
princechurchill:
Apostle Paul: I count everything i gain as nothing just for the excellency of his kingdom.

Jesus: had to borrow a donkey for his triumphant entry onto Jerusalem

Nigerian pastors moves around with more security aides than the elected officials..
Jesus. If ye believe in me greater things shall ye do. Control your jealousy

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Davoj: 7:40pm On Jan 28, 2018
[quote author=adami48 post=64590592] Yes greater works ye shall do, not greater material possessions you shall own. if anything, Jesus preached against excessive accumulation of earthly wealth, why do you think he was hated?
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Davoj: 7:41pm On Jan 28, 2018
adami48:
Jesus. If ye believe in me greater things shall ye do. Control your jealousy
Yes greater works ye shall do, not greater material possessions you shall own. if anything, Jesus preached against excessive accumulation of earthly wealth, why do you think he was hated? Matt.6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal. it has become clear to me that people do not study their bibles.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by odizeey(m): 7:46pm On Jan 28, 2018
Barzinime:
What is this one saying?
what you can't comprehend .
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by mywells: 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2018
focus1256:
Are you God?......See how you just ruined your life
wailer wailing
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Davoj: 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2018
You can never equate favour of God with material possessions. What about Paul who was poor, Does God hate him? what about john the baptist is he a child of Satan? I am more jealous of Apostle Paul than I am of any wealthy preacher ve seen around, not because of wealth which he does not have but because of the fruit of the spirit in him, I wish to be like that.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by mywells: 7:56pm On Jan 28, 2018
focus1256:

Are you God?......See how you just ruined your life
Is he your father?what's your problems or are you with your right sence,you're a Pharisees and sad to see.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by KENZINCO(m): 8:05pm On Jan 28, 2018
happy200:
Their can't be peace and we can't mind my/our business if someone is directly or indirectly oppressing others creating avoidable hardship, we need to speak out cos if we keep quiet next time someone 'll oppress me and no one 'll speak.
E b like sag u no wan leave that ur African strong head behind.
Bros go and control ur Jealousy
Ur problem is bigger than me
Bye for now
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by saintmark88(m): 9:15pm On Jan 28, 2018
Saintmary:

don't blame others for your problems

I can remember mentioning tht I had problems...deal with the truth
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by ericmani: 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Getting stronger because they are able to successfully brainwash people? Lol.

What do you think is even yhw Church Christ spoke of? Winners? Redeem? What?

The Church is all body of Christians, and it includes those like me who don't associate with any of these money making ventures but would rather want to seek the face of God directly, which He advised us to do.

how can u stay at home and say u are seeking the face of God, does it work that way? Whether u like it or not u must attend a church if u really want to seek the face of God..the bible says "how can they hear without a preacher" bro if u dnt like ur current church den move to another where you'll be comfortable..u can't tell me dat all the churches in Nigeria are bad..dats all i have to say to u for now bro, cos u can't be at ur house everyday and say u r practising christainity
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by HeyCorleone(m): 9:53pm On Jan 28, 2018
ericmani:
how can u stay at home and say u are seeking the face of God, does it work that way? Whether u like it or not u must attend a church if u really want to seek the face of God..the bible says "how can they hear without a preacher" bro if u dnt like ur current church den move to another where you'll be comfortable..u can't tell me dat all the churches in Nigeria are bad..dats all i have to say to u for now bro, cos u can't be at ur house everyday and say u r practising christainity

.Daniel attended no Church.

Abraham attended no Church.

Moses attended no Church.

Jacob attended no Church.

David attended no Church.

Isaiah attended no Church.

Elijah attended no Church.

Elisha attended no church.

Neither did a whole bunch of others who had deep communication with God. And mind you they did that before Christ came to unite us or make us Children of God.

So now that we're now his Children I can't seek his face privately? After being called "a royal priesthood"? Lol.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by excel101(m): 10:09pm On Jan 28, 2018
PrecisionFx:
Bill gates, Dangote, Jack Ma, Zuckerberg etc aren't ur church members, they don't pay tithe n they don't give anything to ur God and yet they are 1000 times richer than all ur past present n future church members.

""Yours likes rarely receives cos you don't give"

The above means that u have lost the ability to reason independently.
You keep calling names like Bill Gates and the rest. My question is, do you why is your name not among the list of the Bill Gates?
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by excel101(m): 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2018
HeyCorleone:

.Daniel attended no Church.

Abraham attended no Church.

Moses attended no Church.

Jacob attended no Church.

David attended no Church.

Isaiah attended no Church.

Elijah attended no Church.

Elisha attended no church.

Neither did a whole bunch of others who had deep communication with God. And mind you they did that before Christ came to unite us or make us Children of God.

So now that we're now his Children I can't seek his face privately? After being called "a royal priesthood"? Lol.
That's why you don't go to church (service). But i hope you'll not run to church when terminal disease come knocking, or when you're having serious issue.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by HeyCorleone(m): 10:21pm On Jan 28, 2018
excel101:
That's why you don't go to church (service). But i hope you'll not run to church when terminal disease come knocking, or when you're having serious issue.

You're the one who will have terminal diseases and serious issues.

Stupid thing.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by mvem(m): 10:33pm On Jan 28, 2018
CHUKWUNOLOGICAL:

So you enjoy those days when God's Children were called church rat abi? For instance Apostle Johnson Suleman is planning to host a crusade in Saudi Arabia and some dreaded Islamic countries, Tell me, will he use piece of paper to organize the crusade? I dont know why everyone seems to be angry when a pastor is rich. Everyone gat their own way of relationship with God. You pick on any little things men of God say. I once criticized them before just like you. I will advice that you get a proper understanding of someone especially when he is anointed before u criticize. If truely you are a christian, u better mind what you say against a Prophet. It goes with generational concequencies. Note that most of these pastors are not my pastors. If you see a ppastor going astray, what u need do is to pray for their repentance. Who are you to criticize? Thank u
...you see, the mentality is still there...generational what?....African mentality, we are too superstitious...a pastor will rape, the members blame the girl, a pastor steals...they blame Satan....I can't be in a mental chains like you are....believing in generational whatever, humans elseway are finding ways to live in Mars or go to different galaxy while we occupy ourselves with irrelevant stuff and beliefs...
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 10:46pm On Jan 28, 2018
mvem:
...you see, the mentality is still there...generational what?....African mentality, we are too superstitious...a pastor will rape, the members blame the girl, a pastor steals...they blame Satan....I can't be in a mental chains like you are....believing in generational whatever, humans elseway are finding ways to live in Mars or go to different galaxy while we occupy ourselves with irrelevant galaxies and beliefs...

You never complained about our wicked leaders and the Herdsmen killings, Because its a pastor's issue, you gladly want to hears his down fall right? You want to spread the Bad news? You must know that Photoshopped images not enough, do you have any proof on the of reality or facts on Otobo's scandal? Not Pictures, i mean Like sextapes or sex videos? If not, Just shamefully shut up

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by mvem(m): 11:02pm On Jan 28, 2018
CHUKWUNOLOGICAL:

You never complained about our wicked leaders and the Herdsmen killings, Because its a pastor's issue, you gladly want to hears his down fall right? You want to spread the Bad news? You must know that Photoshopped images not enough, do you have any proof on the of reality or facts on Otobo's scandal? Not Pictures, i mean Like sextapes or sex videos? If not, Just shamefully shut up
...like you miss road ooo...wetin be otobo scandal...maybe a different thread or topic but u re talking OP...I never said anything about photoshop Abi Otobo....infact what re u saying?
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by focus1256: 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2018
mywells:
Is he your father?what's your problems or are you with your right sence,you're a Pharisees and sad to see.
Be running your mouth like loose tap....I pity you
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
excel101:
You keep calling names like Bill Gates and the rest. My question is, do you why is your name not among the list of the Bill Gates?

Don't even try to derail this.

U can present this ur present question in a new thread on New day, We will do justice to it.

But for now, my point is very clear. U guys should stop claiming that poverty lands on anyone who doesn't pay tithe or pay first fruit n stuffs like that. Success in life knows no religion.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
excel101:
Last time u had ordinary malaria, u didn't run to the church and u didn't fast or pray......U simply rushed or sent someone to rush to the nearest Pharmacy shop to buy Coartem, P Alaxin or Metakelfin and u drank it.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 12:20am On Jan 29, 2018
mvem:
...like you miss road ooo...wetin be otobo scandal...maybe a different thread or topic but u re talking OP...I never said anything about photoshop Abi Otobo....infact what re u saying?
seems you dont forget ur senses
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by OverlordAlpha: 4:42am On Jan 29, 2018
mickeyenglish:
Hmm. Back in the days of our senior Secondary School when we learnt about the Apostles and Martyrdom .The Apostles were executed in excruciating and bizzare manners.I think only St John died a natural death. Those were the real Men Of God,who through sorrow, tears and, blood, brought the people to Christ at the expense of their lives WITHOUT OWNING ANYTHING.

They were selfless in their services to humanity which often cost them alot of fatalities. They spread to unknown lands and territories to preach the gospel of Christ to people with well established religion and gods. They often knew that their evangelism to these strange heathens might cost them their lives, still they did what needed to be done WITHOUT EXPECTING ANY FAVOUR IN RETURN FROM NEITHER GOD NOR MAN.At the end,majority of them, if not all, paid the ultimate price of death just for the word of Christ to reach far and wide.

Do you think it was easy for people to journey from Judea in Israel to places such Antioch in Turkey, Corinth and Thesalloniki all in Greece, or Rome in Italy Without getting money from any Tom, sick, or Harry?. I mean these Men of God had no money to execute all these but had to do the work of Christ by all means which they did. They were often fed by the hostile-turned-gentle inhabitants they met in their various lands of assignments.

These above qualities can only be found in the early Christian missionaries who journeyed out of their comfort zone, to hostile places such as the entire African continent including Nigeria ,North and Central America including the Caribbeans,Asia,and Australia.Many of these missionaries of whom died knew their final fate but still went on to spread the word of Christ without expectation of MONETARY REWARDS FROM EITHER MAN OR GOD.Their duty was simply to liberate the people and to walk them along the path of righteousness, when this is done, they simply went away to their next place of assignments without establishing their own personal churches,that's why they are called "missionaries";People with specific missions.Some of these missionaries came with their personal money to help out with evangelical works and they reaped nothing monetary or otherwise. That's why today, the Christian Pope has no personal belonging,no wife, no children, no real estate properties, no billions in bank, and no treasures in vaults because he Is on a MISSION!

If any Nigerian Pentecostal gods of men possess any of these afore mentioned characteristics of the first generation Apostles,missionaries or, Pope, call me a bastard.If anybody could accurately pinpoint a part in the Bible where the early Xtian Apostles had anything close to a luxurious life, called me a bastard.If the early matyrs ever wore anything exotic in their entire lives, call me out and tutor me. If our Savior Jesus Christ himself amassed wealth and collected tithes from his followers, call me an animal.

Christ merely rode a borrowed donkey into Jerusalem and not even a Horse .That itself is a moral lesson that though he is greatest and mighty, simplicity is virtuous for wealth itself is merely an illusion. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jesus told a very wealthy man that for him to become a follower ,he had to first let go of his entire wealth first.

The late missionaries who gave of liberation would be rolling in their graves now to see what xtianity has turned out to be in Nigeria. Churches against Churches and followers calling followers of another church denomination fetish. Pastors and Prophets sizing themselves up in terms of wealth and accessories. The more private jets you have, they more holy and Christ-like you are. If you are found with no accessories and wealth, then people would term you an unbeliever not befitting the title "Man Of God" ,and we expect Nigeria to move from where it is to utopia.

Look! Let be frank, religion would be our own ruin in this country if don't Checkmate it now. Look at the countries of the missionaries who liberated us all in Europe, they are all Heaven on Earth, where our own men of gods go to lavish their wealth and you won't hear any such nonsense as pastors buying private jets over there. You won't even know they they have Christians and churches over there because their concept of religion is so advanced and unique.They worked for God and their Nations were blessed through them, but over here, our own Pastors work for themselves, and Nigerians become more impoverished.

Post No Bill

BAstard and animal
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by mvem(m): 4:53am On Jan 29, 2018
CHUKWUNOLOGICAL:

seems you dont forget ur senses
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
...I think you should tell urself that...you just misfired...telling me about Suleiman and Saudi Arabia retreat which if you are well read you will know Saudi don't allow any religious activities(apart from Islam) publicly and even privately to some extent and you get arrested for any preaching whatsoever, so go get ur fact right...that's the only thing I can comment on in ur misplaced reply....and you don't know how to converse, why talk of another thing when am saying another, wetin I type wey u see suleman, otobo Abi video scandal...
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by presidentalex: 5:53am On Jan 29, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Abrahamic Family House In Abu Dhabi To Open In 2022(Pics) / End Time Church Spotted In Lagos / Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.