Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,557 members, 7,955,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:06 PM

Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill (4252 Views)

Nigerians Pay Highest Tariff Per Kilowatt In Africa’ / Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill / Osun’s Federal Allocation Can’t Pay Electricity Bill – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by honeric01(m): 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2010
tkb417:

dont be lazy. if u want a generic index, use the GDP but if u want a biz economics term, ill let you know that their is what we call the emergence of the middle class in Nigeria

call MTN post paid desk or the othe telcos to have an idea how much peeps spend on fone calls
tht shd give u an idea if we can afford electricity

madam, read up and stop asking questions

my bro, please kindly check her/his past and previous posts on NL, that should give you a clearer view of kobo's legacy about anything Nigeria, i hardly debate with her because it's not worth it and it's just fruitless at the end of the day.
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by tkb417(m): 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2010
honeric01:

my bro, please kindly check my past and previous posts on NL, that should give you a clearer view of kobo's legacy about anything Nigeria, i hardly debate with her because it's not worth it and it's just fruitless at the end of the day.
ok then
coolios. thanks bro cheesy
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Only about 40% of Nigerian homes have access to electricity from the grids, according to reports. The residential supply is currently hugely subsidized. You claim you pay N 2000, while someother person claims to pay N1000 for the same amount.  When we invest billions in fixing the electricity problem, and giving access to the other 60% who are currently without, will we be able to all afford 24/7 electricity THEN.

Are you that ignorant of the concept of pay-as-you-go? You dont understand the simple logic behind 'the less you use the less you spend'    undecided

OMO IBO:

Just incase you don't know, Kobojunkie is most interested in who posts last.

So unless you guys have as much time as she does, i urge you to quit the back n forth chit chat.

You know I think you r right. I'm out of here!
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2010
tkb417:

dont be lazy. if u want a generic index, use the GDP but if u want a biz economics term, ill let you know that their is what we call the emergence of the middle class in Nigeria

call MTN post paid desk or the othe telcos to have an idea how much peeps spend on fone calls
tht shd give u an idea if we can afford electricity

madam, read up and stop asking questions

I should call MTN for PHCN? I asked you questions based on YOUR OWN CLAIMS. That is wrong? Maybe Stop making claims you are unwilling to substantiate. Better still, ignore discussions I am involved in as I tend to ask a lot of questions to better ascertain what I am being told and ensure I am not being fed phooey!
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by spikedcylinder: 2:37pm On Apr 19, 2010
Nigerians are not animals like some of you are quick to babble on and on about.
If there will be 24hr electricity, majority won't mind paying through their nose for it because it ensures their PERSONAL comfort.
All these, I-go-US-turn-statue people sef. undecided
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by honeric01(m): 2:40pm On Apr 19, 2010
tkb417:

ok then
coolios. thanks bro cheesy

Ujujoan:

You know I think you r right. I'm out of here!

It took both of you a long time to figure out! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by tkb417(m): 2:44pm On Apr 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I should call MTN for PHCN? I asked you questions based on YOUR OWN CLAIMS. That is wrong? Maybe Stop making claims you are unwilling to substantiate. Better still, ignore discussions I am involved in as I tend to ask a lot of questions to better ascertain what I am being told and ensure I am not being fed phooey!
i dont know what you do but u can use telcos spend per month to determine the the average spend on utilities in Nigeria

if this is hard to understand, ill ignore ur rants henceforth cos i tot u were learned

cheers

damn so difficult to engage some people grin grin grin grin
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 19, 2010
tkb417:

i dont know what you do but u can use telcos spend per month to determine the the average spend on utilities in Nigeria

if this is hard to understand, ill ignore your rants henceforth cos i tot u were learned

cheers

rotflmao grin grin

Meanwhile how u dey? wink
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by KnowAll(m): 2:51pm On Apr 19, 2010
(
I actually use about 20units) every day which will come to 900units per month which only amounts to N3,960 + N200 service charge + 5% tax(N198) gives N4,400. I wouldn’t think that is too much.

[size=14pt]N4,200.00 is not too much  shocked, the gate man of the hotel I stayed in Ikeja a few months ago gets N6,000.00 and u are saying N4,200.00 is not too much.Even if he gets N10,000.00 a month he would have lost 40% of his income on paying Electricity bill alone.

Let me tell u listen carefully  “pre-paid meters is more expensive than quarterly billing” . They use pre-paid in England for defaulter’s homes where people are struggling to pay their Electricity bill quarterly. It is a technology that has being in existence since the mid 1980’s

If the regulators in Nigeria are offering u pre-paid meter know u are paying over the odds,  that is u are paying more than people paying monthly or quarterly billing.[/size]
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by tkb417(m): 2:54pm On Apr 19, 2010
Uju i dey
come on YIM

i nor wan post for hia again abeg
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by honeric01(m): 2:56pm On Apr 19, 2010
KnowAll:

Let me tell u listen carefully  “pre-paid meters is more expensive than quarterly billing” . They use pre-paid in England for defaulter’s homes where people are struggling to pay their Electricity bill quarterly. It is a technology that has being in existence since the mid 1980’s

Quarterly billings for where? Nigeria? there's nothing like quarterly billing here Mr man, it's monthly billing.
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Apr 19, 2010
tkb417:

if this is hard to understand, ill ignore your rants henceforth cos i tot u were learned

cheers

Is that FACT or just your assumption. You have to please know the difference between the two. Anyways, I think it is best you AVOID me since it seems you are afraid to have your reasoning questioned in anyway. The statement in bold is as ridiculous as my claiming that since a lot of poor folks here have cell phones, it means they can pay their utilities. It does not work, and I hope you see how when applied in the Nigerian context, it won't work either.

@Knowall, I was going to bring in the cost vs income issue later on. lol 

chummie:

Our problem is that most of the time, people just read a post and fire on at the poster without really understanding the point. Don't know if that's done for fun or if its truly how they perceive the post cos i have a sister who's just like that. She argues over every simple observation made by someone else and MOSTLY ends up agreeing with you when she takes a second and always better look at what's been said.

Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2010
@ Knowall

Why do you keep displaying your ignorance. He made it clear that the figure he quoted is a maximum and you can get 10% of that as your minimum, depending on usage!

Jeez, I'm beginning to sound like a parrot!  angry
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by honeric01(m): 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2010
Ujujoan:

@ Knowall

Why do you keep displaying your ignorance. He made it clear that the figure he quoted is a maximum and you can get 10% of that as your minimum, depending on usage!

Jeez, I'm beginning to sound like a parrot!  angry

grin grin grin
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by tkb417(m): 3:04pm On Apr 19, 2010
Is that FACT or just your assumption. You have to please know the difference between the two. Anyways, I think it is best you AVOID me since it seems you are afraid to have your reasoning questioned in anyway. The statement in bold is as ridiculous as my claiming that since a lot of poor folks here have cell phones, it means they can pay their utilities. It does not work, and I hope you see how when applied in the Nigerian context, it won't work either.

comprehension again

IN NIGERIA, PEOPLE PAY MORE ON FONE CALLS THAN THEY DO ON NEPA BILLS
FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what else do u want? ahhh
im saying u can extrapolate cos peeps spend more on fone calls to tell you they can afford to pay for electricity
is that hard?
oh lawd grin grin grin grin
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Apr 19, 2010
tkb417:

comprehension again

IN NIGERIA, PEOPLE PAY MORE ON FONE CALLS THAN THEY DO ON NEPA BILLS
FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what else do u want? ahhh
im saying u can extrapolate cos peeps spend more on fone calls to tell you they can afford to pay for electricity
is that hard?
oh lawd grin grin grin grin

Comprehension to you too. . . people pay more on PHONE calls than they do on ELECTRICITY BILLS here too . . So again, what is your point?
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by tkb417(m): 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2010
so it means they can afford electricity

thank God !!!!

abi ure confused again grin grin
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

@Knowall, I was going to bring in the cost vs income issue later on. lol

You were going to bring it up   Isnt that what we've been highlighting with the pre-paid metre which calculates your bill based on how much you use. And of course, one would 'use' based on how much he earns!

lol! You are very funny!  grin
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 19, 2010
tkb417:

so it means they can afford electricity

thank God !!!!

abi ure confused again grin grin

rotflmao grin grin grin
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by Afam(m): 4:56pm On Apr 19, 2010
This is why I advocate that the views of a lot of Nigerians living outside Nigeria should be thrown to the dustbin because most times they display a very high level of annoying ignorance that you would want to personally slap them over and over again.

Anyone that uses a generator in Nigeria can afford to pay for 24/7 electricity due to the relevant costs of the generator/fuel/diesel and the tariff.

Kobojunkie argues blindly and even lies a lot.

Knowall is another ignorant guy who thinks he is intelligent. He once started a thread to sell himself to work with Ribadu because he thinks he has a lot to offer Nigeria.

Basically, some Nigerians living outside Nigeria would want to hope for the worst for Nigerians and they feel stupid when they realize that indeed some Nigerians are doing 100% better than them so they try to make themselves feel cool by watering down any positive developments in Nigeria or lying about the true state of affairs in Nigeria to justify their stay outside Nigeria.

The NITEL experience is enough to demonstrate the ability of Nigerians to pay for services when they are available.

At home I use a regular meter and my monthly bill is usually between N300.00 and N450.00 including the monthly meter maintenance charge.

At work, I use a prepaid meter and apart from the monthly meter maintenance charge the cost of electricity for about 2 years was less than N3,000.00 even though the power situation is poor in the office.

I used a generator for 1 year in the office and realized it was very expensive to run and I ended up building an inverter system and for over 6 years now I have never used a generator in the office. The cost of running the generator in 1 year covers the total cost of my inverter backup system in over 6 years and counting.

That same generator cost will guarantee me up to 40 years of electricity all things being equal apart from the maintenance charges.
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by omoijeru: 6:36am On Mar 12, 2019
Good day my people, and for those of you that travelled out of this country, you will see that their citizens over there, are willing to pay electricity bill because they enjoying it. For government to expect people to pay taxes, government shd. able to provide basic amenities to the people like Good roads, water and education and to crown it all stable electricity because this gives economic power to those in grassroot. But because of selfish interest of most of our past leaders they kill these things like NITEL for MTN, NEPA for MIKANO company and so on. Without stable electricity country can not grow let our leader know this. Thanks
Re: Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill by SIawomir: 4:05pm On Apr 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Comprehension to you too. . . people pay more on PHONE calls than they do on ELECTRICITY BILLS here too . . So again, what is your point?

undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo / Gmb & Other African Presidents Above Age 70 / North Is Unhappy With BUHARI - Northern Supremacist Ango Abdullahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.