Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! (39529 Views)

I Think I'm Infected, Please Advise / I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case / Masturbation: I Think I Have PE And ED, I'm Just 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by EmmGee: 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2018
ayorhmeeday:
Good afternoon Sirs/Mas. I have a problem with gaining weight. I'm 21 years old but i don't seem to be growing in size (width specifically). I lost my cheek fat at a tender age of 15.

Now, i look gaunt and way older than my real age. And the the funny thing is i eat a Lot as my diet contains mostly CARBOHYDRATE cos of their calories (fats). But it appears my body isn't just storing any of the fat cos i am still as skinny as ever.

So i want to know if that's a health problem??...do i have HIV/AIDS??...am i ever going to get fat??
lol. Me and you na the same
I'm also 21 and so skinny. All my shirts are long sleeves coz i can't wear short sleeves because of how skinny i am.

Aids is not in my causes.
for me i guess its just stress
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2018
clefstone:
you don't go do hiv test just because u r not adding weight. If he mentioned any act that puts him at risk of hiv then that piece of advice would be necessary

Look at you - - perhaps you didn't pay attention to where op mentioned he suspects HIV? No instance of a person taking a HIV test is unnecessary.
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by Originalsly: 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2018
Your genes regulate how your body grows. If your parents are skinny...you are likely to be skinny. You eat a lot...but no weight gain or size increase to show for it... again...your genes do not turn extra carbohydrates into fat...if you continue to stuff your stomach you'll become sick or even die but not become fat. There are others...anything they eat...the body gets fat out of it and stores the fat...fat families..father fat mother fat baby fat..because of their genes.. It's no different from a short person doing stretches and whatever exercises to become tall....he would remain short regardless. But...if you are desperate... then you can use certain drugs or hormone treatments that can boost your body size and weight...but.... don't expect to live long....your heart and liver and kidneys would be overworked...like putting a car engine to run a truck. ..think it will last? Be contented with the body you have......or soon suffer and die like sooo many others.

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by IRIEBOY(m): 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2018
Nova15:

I used to be skinny and no matter how much I ate, I was still skinny. But when I changed my job to one that wasn't so stressful and gave me peace, i discovered that I was adding weight.

Now that I've gone back to a stressful job, I'm back to being skinny.
you are right.. anytime I resume school,I become so skinny due to excess stress but anytime we go home for break,I add weight..
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by ayorhmeeday(m): 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2018
uchman48:
hmmmm, skinny kwa, my brother are u sure u did not inherit it, how about your brothers and sisters, are they skinny too?

i av only brothers.
the eldest is chubby (not all that fat), my immediate junior bro is muscular, and the last, is sure showing signs of future fatness.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by Buffalo2(m): 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2018
You be wizkid?
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by emerich(m): 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2018
LuvU2:
Lol nothing is wrong with u. Nothing to worry about if u eat healthy nd dnt do some funny stuffs
Having a skinny, lanky, tall, light skinned, busty and intelligent babe as U means we would be procreating every year...
Would be banging the life outta U.
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by Moyenii(f): 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2018
If you say so. But why do you think some Pple even in stressful jobs or circumstances don't lose weight, or lose a little or in some cases even add weight since stress makes some Pple eat more. I personally know someone like that. Like I earlier said, it's all about genetics and how fast or slow his metabolism is. smiley
Nova15:

I used to be skinny and no matter how much I ate, I was still skinny. But when I changed my job to one that wasn't so stressful and gave me peace, i discovered that I was adding weight.

Now that I've gone back to a stressful job, I'm back to being skinny.
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by ayorhmeeday(m): 4:55pm On Jan 29, 2018
Originalsly:
Your genes regulate how your body grows. If your parents are skinny...you are likely to be skinny. You eat a lot...but no weight gain or size increase to show for it... again...your genes do not turn extra carbohydrates into fat...if you continue to stuff your stomach you'll become sick or even die but not become fat. It's no different from a short person doing stretches and whatever exercises to become tall....he would remain short regardless. But...if you are desperate... then you can use certain drugs or hormone treatments that can boost your body size and weight...but.... don't expect to live long....your heart and liver and kidneys would be overworked...like putting a car engine to run a truck. ..think it will last? Be contented with the body you have......or soon suffer and die like sooo many others.

eez like u don't understand that i direly need to be at least "chubby"... if not FAT.
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by IRIEBOY(m): 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2018
EmmGee:

lol. Me and you na the same
I'm also 21 and so skinny. All my shirts are long sleeves coz i can't wear short sleeves because of how skinny i am.

Aids is not in my causes.
for me i guess its just stress
it can be stress at times and it might be genetic.. if you see 2Baba for stage,the guy skinny
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by Moyenii(f): 4:58pm On Jan 29, 2018
That's true. Most people don't know that can also cause someone to be skinny.
hanassholesolo:
Really? no one has mentioned Hyperthyroidism? OP, do a blood test for Hyperthyroidism and hyperparathyroidism if it comes back positive, you can NEVER gain wait

Unless through surgery to correct your thyriod's
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by kachi19: 4:58pm On Jan 29, 2018
BluntBoy:

Exercise for someone that is a hardgainer

It works jor... There's this fitness program Boney to Beasty you'll see lots of testimonies
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by no1madman(m): 5:01pm On Jan 29, 2018
I see!

1 Share

Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by no1madman(m): 5:02pm On Jan 29, 2018
Hmmmm

Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by akeentech(m): 5:07pm On Jan 29, 2018
Moyenii:
It's not that simple. I was skinny b4 and spent time doing nothing but eating and sleeping and gained nothing. I even appeared skinnier. Like I said earlier, it may be that he has a fast metabolism so it's difficult for him to gain weight.
If you are the one in your profile, u ar ok by me
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by sisisioge: 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin

You are my brother! What haven't I done? Whey protein, wate-on, amino 6000, milk &malt concoction, Plenty eggs...it's just not happening to me. However, I discovered a sustainable means...keep eating grin

My resolve: eat more calories than you burn. I celebrate every kg added over an extensive period of time. After all my efforts, I have been keeping a close monitor on my 60kg...God forbid devil takes an ounce from it grin

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by StTrump: 5:11pm On Jan 29, 2018
ayorhmeeday:

i av only brothers.
the eldest is chubby (not all that fat), my immediate junior bro is muscular, and the last, is sure showing signs of future fatness.

ayorhmeeday:

i av only brothers.

http://www.directlyfitness.com/store/3-body-types-explained-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph/

http://www.coachmag.co.uk/lifestyle/4511/ectomorph-endomorph-or-mesomorph-what-is-your-body-type

I guess you are the first one, I may be wrong but correct me. If you hv a high metabolism rate and tend to loose fat easily. You need more proteins.

Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by nothernstar: 5:11pm On Jan 29, 2018
Drink natural milk from men for good two weeks either from below or from up then thank me later.
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by Shaev7(m): 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2018
ayorhmeeday:
Good afternoon Sirs/Mas. I have a problem with gaining weight. I'm 21 years old but i don't seem to be growing in size (width specifically). I lost my cheek fat at a tender age of 15.

Now, i look gaunt and way older than my real age. And the the funny thing is i eat a Lot as my diet contains mostly CARBOHYDRATE cos of their calories (fats). But it appears my body isn't just storing any of the fat cos i am still as skinny as ever.

So i want to know if that's a health problem??...do i have HIV/AIDS??...am i ever going to get fat??
Why do you ask the last question? If you have HIV/AIDS you should know. Don't ask how you are to know...
For the rest, eat fruit, etc... in fact I have nothing to say...
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by Moyenii(f): 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2018
Yes am the one. But that's after I added weight.
If you see the before pics ehn cry
akeentech:

If you are the one in your profile, u ar ok by me
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by uchman48(m): 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2018
ayorhmeeday:

i av only brothers.
take more of protein them like me, i love eating beans alot, if their is no beans in my rice forget it. It really helps okay
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by akeentech(m): 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2018
Moyenii:
Yes am the one. But that's after I added weight.
If you see the before printing pics ehn cry
Now we can talk
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by BluntBoy(m): 5:21pm On Jan 29, 2018
kachi19:

It works jor... There's this fitness program Boney to Beasty you'll see lots of testimonies

The first thing is diet. Check that program very well. They can't just put a skinny person on a fitness program when it is not like they want to burn the little calories he is managing.

First thing first, he needs to monitor his daily calorie intake. If his calorie intake is less than the calories he burns per day, there is no how he can gain weight.
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by Moyenii(f): 5:23pm On Jan 29, 2018
grin
akeentech:

Now we can talk
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by BluntBoy(m): 5:24pm On Jan 29, 2018
Moyenii:
Maybe you have a fast metabolism so no matter what you eat, you can't gain weight. Try weight gain syrups in addition to your meals and protein shakes too. Would have suggested Apetamin but I don't know if guys can take it oh. Its popular among ladies coz its very effective.

Exactly. He is probably ectomorphic which means he has a fast metabolism.
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by tosyne2much(m): 5:25pm On Jan 29, 2018
BlueRayDick:
1. Check your garri intake 2. No dey smoke Igbo. 3. No dey drink dry gin 4. No kill urself with 4ck. 5. Alaye go for HIV test.
Nawa 4u oooo cheesy
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by hanassholesolo: 5:32pm On Jan 29, 2018
Moyenii:
That's true. Most people don't know that can also cause someone to be skinny. I know someone who until that issue was dealt with remained skinny.

How did he solve the issue?
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by MrCross: 5:33pm On Jan 29, 2018
Go and make money first I swear dem no born skinny well you will add weight by force when money enter your life!

But truth be told you should be thankful for your "skinny" life atleast you are alive.

Go to nairaland fp and see the number of "Fat and Chubby" people that lose their lives everyday to accidents and crime.

Trust me your body knows what's best for you,just try to eat and rest well.

I know you are comparing yourself with others but everybody is different and unique in their own special way

With time everything will get better and in a few years time you will look back and smile at this your thread that you posted today.

Laughing at yourself and how petty you were.

MrCross...

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2018
clefstone:
From my experience, a person's weight is mostly determined by his genes. If u have a skinny parent then you may not be able to do much. Another thing u have to know is that a person's weight progression seem to be genetically programmed such that at a certain age u just start adding weight, before then, no matter how much u try u may not add much. I had same issue as u at your age(my case I actually looked younger than my age) but today I don't wish to add to my present weight. Finally, you don't have HIV and God forbid u to hv it
i just hate looking younger than my real age. what are the challenges u faced??
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by ayorhmeeday(m): 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2018
MrCross:
Go and make money first I swear dem no born skinny well you will add weight by force when money enter your life!

But truth be told you should be thankful for your "skinny" life atleast you are alive.

Go to nairaland fp and see the number of "Fat and Chubby" people that lose their lives everyday to accidents and crime.

Trust me your body knows what's best for you,just try to eat and rest well.

I know you are comparing yourself with others but everybody is different and unique in their own special way

With time everything will get better and in a few years time you will look back and smile at this your thread that you posted today.

Laughing at yourself and how petty you were.

MrCross...

now, that's how to ADVICE someone.
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by Fannycfo: 5:42pm On Jan 29, 2018
No much talk... Eat healthy Exercise daily Make money Last but not the least....have confidence in yourself coolNo much talk... Eat healthy Exercise daily Make money Last but not the least....have confidence in yourself
Re: Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! by Pentools(m): 5:45pm On Jan 29, 2018
Originalsly:
Your genes regulate how your body grows. If your parents are skinny...you are likely to be skinny. You eat a lot...but no weight gain or size increase to show for it... again...your genes do not turn extra carbohydrates into fat...if you continue to stuff your stomach you'll become sick or even die but not become fat. There are others...anything they eat...the body gets fat out of it and stores the fat...fat families..father fat mother fat baby fat..because of their genes.. It's no different from a short person doing stretches and whatever exercises to become tall....he would remain short regardless. But...if you are desperate... then you can use certain drugs or hormone treatments that can boost your body size and weight...but.... don't expect to live long....your heart and liver and kidneys would be overworked...like putting a car engine to run a truck. ..think it will last? Be contented with the body you have......or soon suffer and die like sooo many others.

Omo you dey vex oooo iswear, this ur die too dey much. Small thing die die die

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Detox Foods You Should Start Eating / 94-Year-Old Nigerian Woman, Alakija, A Sickle Cell Patient (Photos) / Why Does My Hand Shake Tremendously (propanol)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.