Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,863 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg (11456 Views)

Nigeria Stocks Gain ₦‎992 Billion On Reports That Banks Can Trade Forex “Freely” / Nigerian Stocks Rank World Best Performers This Year (2020) / Nigeria Stock Market Among The Top 5 Global Performers In 2017: CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by Praktikals(m): 7:18pm On Jan 29, 2018
Wailers will come and say boomberg is now working for Buhari. It is such a bad week for wailers. They have not recovered from the honour done to Buhari at thr AU

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 29, 2018
Captleverage:

Yinmu broke nigga
Anyway I've made my point
your point has been clearly made and he got caught out!

that individual is bloody a liar!
Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by benitwater(m): 7:26pm On Jan 29, 2018
hypertension:
I dont know what they mean but Buhari should take some credit from that.

We should not always criticise when the president makes wrong decisions.

Having said that, what concerns me is my basic needs and how this country can be better for me, my kids and Nigerians.

And for that, its unfortunate news like this cant change my views of an incompetenth Buhari.
hypertension

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by Omotofineo(f): 7:29pm On Jan 29, 2018
deji17:

It's a good sign. You too can invest if you can bear the risk
How do i invest
Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by Captleverage: 7:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
gypsey:
your point has been clearly made and he got caught out!

that individual is bloody a liar!
He does have a point though it's a good time to invest in the NSE with as low as 35k you can find a good broker that will put you through although you go pay some kind fees but its worth it till you know your way around the market
Safe bets are FMCG companies except for cadbury, also transcorp try small but you will have to play the long game so just tell your money "see you in 8months time" minimum that kind thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:40pm On Jan 29, 2018
Wailers ain't happy, see them sidestepping the thread - by the time the economy properly picks up by next year, all their lies and negative propaganda would be undone - they would have their say but Buhari would still find his way back to Aso Rock. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by omonnakoda: 7:41pm On Jan 29, 2018
Anyone who knows anything about stocks knows this is simply a correction reaction

many dumped the stocks 2 years ago, bought dollars using their connectionsite in government and when the market crashed they came in again

When your currency loses so much value in such a short time you have to contextualise such performance claims
Now we see why the IF insists we devalued our naira so they can come in and buy these assets cheaply
The stock market is not magic. Ultimately the underlying asset has to deliver value.
Is our economy growing by 40%??
If not then 40% growth in the stock market indicates correction from over correction or a bubble
The real question is what is the growth in the stock market over the last 5 years in real terms

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by deji17: 7:41pm On Jan 29, 2018
Omotofineo:

How do i invest

The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) operates a fair, orderly and transparent market that brings​ together the best of African enterprises and investors from around the global. To become an investor, an individual (or institution) must select a stoc​kbroker and open an account with the Central Securities Clearing System Plc. (CSCS). ​​

A stockbroker is an appointed agent who is authorized to execute, buy or sell inst​​​ructions on an investor’s account, while CSCS issues central securities identification numbers to investors​ required for the clearing, delivery and settlement of transactions. A stockbroker, in this sense, does not refer to an individual, but to a broker-dealer firm that is (i) a dealing member of The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), and (ii) is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

In selecting a suitable broker to represent your interests as an investor, you should confirm the broker's status with both The NSE and SEC. The NSE also recommends investors meet with the broker-dealer firm to determine whether the services they offer match their specific needs. Stockbrokers and custodians have a fiduciary responsibility to their clients which implies management and safekeeping.​​ ​

​The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) has provided this information as an educational service to investors. The information provided is not a legal interpretation of regulator policy. Inve​stors who have questions about the meaning or application of any of the information provided should consult with a certified and licensed stockbroker, investment advisor or financial advisor.​

http://www.nse.com.ng/investing/becoming-an-investor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 29, 2018
Captleverage:

He does have a point though it's a good time to invest in the NSE with as low as 35k you can find a good broker that will put you through although you go pay some kind fees but its worth it till you know your way around the market
Safe bets are FMCG companies except for cadbury, also transcorp try small but you will have to play the long game so just tell your money "see you in 8months time" minimum that kind thing
Okay! i wonder why he couldn't Answer the basic questions you asked him.
Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by hmabdool(m): 7:46pm On Jan 29, 2018
enemies of the state and ipob jews go die on top this one

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by ehissi(m): 8:02pm On Jan 29, 2018
AlienRobot:
Lie from the pit of hell

you mean from Lai Mohammed's mouth
Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by slineik(m): 8:15pm On Jan 29, 2018
hypertension:

Having said that, what concerns me is my basic needs and how this country can be better for me, my kids and Nigerians.

And for that, its unfortunate news like this cant change my views of an incompetent Buhari.

Politicians have paid those people to write rubbish because of election.
Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by AMOSCO2010(m): 8:29pm On Jan 29, 2018
Hi guys, please I need urgent help here, I want to make a transfer with my wema bank to another bank using ussd code, after that they ask me to put my pin which I don't understand ,is it ATM pin or which one. Thank you guys for your immediate reply. waiting!!!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by phillinzguy(m): 8:29pm On Jan 29, 2018
:-XHmm.... I am watching
Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by phillinzguy(m): 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2018
lipsrsealed Hmm.... I am watching
Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by Dollyak(f): 8:41pm On Jan 29, 2018
omonnakoda:
Anyone who knows anything about stocks knows this is simply a correction reaction

many dumped the stocks 2 years ago, bought dollars using their connectionsite in government and when the market crashed they came in again

When your currency loses so much value in such a short time you have to contextualise such performance claims
Now we see why the IF insists we devalued our naira so they can come in and buy these assets cheaply
The stock market is not magic. Ultimately the underlying asset has to deliver value.
Is our economy growing by 40%??
If not then 40% growth in the stock market indicates correction from over correction or a bubble
The real question is what is the growth in the stock market over the last 5 years in real terms
Absolutely agree with this post. Like you said, the recent surge is more an indication of the stock's price bottoming out after the massive selloff. Understandably, I can understand why some folks are very quick to credit the present government.

A lot of posters on this thread are either being disingenuous or ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by menxer: 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2018
7lives:

These are the positive news that will drives in the much needed foreign investment, abi una no want jobs again?.

There is no news that sales like bad news except sex news.

The gains of this administration's policies are beginning to show, but the hatred for PMB will not allow some people see what or how it will benefit them.

This report alone has vindicated PMB and his team.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by omonnakoda: 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2018
Dollyak:

Absolutely agree with this post. Like you said, the recent surge is more an indication of the stock's price bottoming out after the massive selloff. Understandably, I can understand why some folks are very quick to credit the present government.

A lot of posters on this thread are either being disingenuous or ignorant.
There is nothing to credit the present government for.r. Since 2015 after crashing the market has gained about 50% in Naira terms while the Naira has lost over 50% of its value so in inflation terms the market has gone slightly backward or not moved while the index reflects a huge shift.

In summary one would have been better off putting the money in Treasury bills,government bonds or a fixed deposit with compound interest

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by ofuonyebi: 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2018
I love to hear some good news like this about 9ja...not kwashiokor ..bulleting...that has sent many to their early grave...

we need to build on this progress...not to just publish it without needful actions..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by planetx: 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2018
AMOSCO2010:
Hi guys, please I need urgent help here, I want to make a transfer with my wema bank to another bank using ussd code, after that they ask me to put my pin which I don't understand ,is it ATM pin or which one. Thank you guys for your immediate reply. waiting!!!!!
Your mobile bank pin I guess different from your ATM pin.
Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by TribesNG: 9:29pm On Jan 29, 2018
hypertension:

And for that, its unfortunate news like this cant change my views of an incompetent Buhari.

Even if they say Nigeria is the current richest country in the world, nothing is changing here baba. Fuel, Cost of Living and more. Everything either goes bad or stay stagnant in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by makky555(f): 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2018
Captleverage:

grin hehehe of course you do that's why you are arguing with a "clueless" person

You're happy you've achieved a great fete yea?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by GENERALCASHMIR(m): 2:27am On Jan 30, 2018
Believe this at your own peril noting can work in Nigeria I would rather invest in crypto currency than put my penny in Nigerian stock
Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by KanwuliaExtra: 2:58am On Jan 30, 2018
Na stocks shyte-hole go chop? grin
Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by jaymichael(m): 4:34am On Jan 30, 2018
deji17:

Some people are just obsessed with bad and negative news.
And they wonder why they experience hardship, sorrows and frustrations. It is what has been planted in their subconsciousness and inner recesses of their mind that they reap.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by Mandem1: 6:06am On Jan 30, 2018
Captleverage:

What is wrong with Cadbury stock?
Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by delgroveng(m): 9:32am On Jan 30, 2018
deji17:

Is there anything in my post that suggest that I do not have the funds to invest in the stock market?

The poor ones or below middle classes, will always taunt a lack of Fund as a reason for delay or not participating in anything involving cash. Ignore, complete poverty is hard

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 02, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

Effect Of Naira Redomination On Stock Market Investments? / I Have N15 Million To Invest But Out Of Ideas / Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.