Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. (43401 Views)

Top Ten Most Industrialised States In Nigeria. / FFK: After Wetting His Bed, Short Man Devil Shed Tears / Valentine: MC Oluomo To His 3 Wives, “I Will Never Make You Shed Tears" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by GavelSlam: 9:48pm On Jan 29, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Mr Gavel Shagari bequeathed the useless Buhari one of the most prosperous Nigeria you can think of

A very strong Naira about 1 Naira to 1 British pound

A Nigeria Airways with 34 very operational planes making it the biggest airline in Africa and the middle East then .

State of the art Air force ( our Air force at it's prime ) 22 sepecat Jaguars ( one of the best air superiority fighters of the time ) about 24 Alpha jets , 24 L39 Albatross , 18 MIG 21 , 18 C 130 haulers.

A Nigerian Navy with commendable assets including NNS Aradu which woulnwe remain our only flagship and frigate to decommissioned by Jonathan who acquired 5 new frigates including NNS thunder and NNS unity.

A well Equipped Army with a fearsome Amoured Corp then thought the be the fiercest in our subregion, a well train infantry and excellent artillery Corp ( last time Nigeria had a standard military )

A thriving Nigerian Railway Corporation which was then the largest employer of labour in Nigeria

Great Postal Service and a growing telecommunications arm ..

And a generally crime free country ..

Buhari would then plan his needless coup and in just a few month Nigeria Airways had been reduced to struggling airline with just four planes .

Our Air force lost direction under the Dullard.

For the first time the Naira was in horrible shape

Nigerians could no longer afford new cars and for the first time the word tokunboh car was coined as Nigerians started the used car culture .

Chain store like Kingsway and Leventis started to close shop ( just like Goodies has in Lagos now)

See Buhari is the worst thing that has happened to the black people since the slave trade .. I have attached some charts invade u want to argue blindly as usual.

Don't tell me you can't even read your own chart Mr. Printer?
Kai!!

2 Likes

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by piagetskinner(m): 9:48pm On Jan 29, 2018
there was indeed a country... but I know we can still get it right
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by roqrules04(m): 9:53pm On Jan 29, 2018
Who was our leader then?..
If only we can turn back the hands of time, I wish to live in that Era for just 1month
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by ebby9z(m): 9:54pm On Jan 29, 2018
This is VERY sad. I have nothing else to say
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by SalamRushdie: 9:56pm On Jan 29, 2018
GavelSlam:

Don't tell me you can't even read your own chart Mr. Printer?
Kai!!

Both charts show Buhari is a recessive catalyst ..Like I have always said here give Buhari the string Swedish economy and he will destroy out in 6 month . What do you expect from an incoherent reptile with and IQ of 15 which must be the lowest in the world ..Buhari is mentally retarded and should be where he is

2 Likes

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by haryorbarmie83(m): 10:05pm On Jan 29, 2018
Downloading the video, I pray I'don't regret it..
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by GavelSlam: 10:13pm On Jan 29, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Both charts show Buhari is a recessive catalyst ..Like I have always said here give Buhari the string Swedish economy and he will destroy out in 6 month . What do you expect from an incoherent reptile with and IQ of 15 which must be the lowest in the world ..Buhari is mentally retarded and should be where he is

Sorry to say, but you aren't the brightest tool in the shed.

There must be a few adult numeracy platforms on thr net I'm sure they can help with your inadequacy .

You provided a chart that shows Buhari taking us out of recession (He got into power December 31, 1983) and left August 1985. Cearly, we can see before he got into office we were in the negative. On his assumption, the first year was an improvement but the second was magnificent.. Apart from 2002 a few years into our nascent democracy, that was our greatest leap.

What did you say you studied again ?

From the lower chart, we can see a downward trend which they tried to stall in 2014, but it continued to sink and once again we can see a steady climb from Buhari's intervention.

Guy, I would search a few online tutorials for you.

3 Likes

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by TheFreeOne: 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2018
This are part of the reasons some of us keeps insisting on restructuring. For this country to truly develop and be great we must stop fooling ourselves thinking present structure can lead us anywhere aside the slippery slope of self destruction.

Nigeria was on the path leading to a great nation when regions developed at their own pace before it all got messed up by soldiers and became some sort of ethnic rat race by mediocres, moneybags and selfish/corrupt politicians.

Project Great Nigeria can never be achieved until we do the needful cos tribalism and quest for control at the centre has taken centre stage at the detriment of our collective wellbeing.
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by nwabobo: 10:31pm On Jan 29, 2018
[quote author=omonnakoda post=64622667]
Go to bed[h/quote]

Good thing you realised your fuckery.
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by HajimeSaito(m): 10:31pm On Jan 29, 2018
nwabobo:
This video shows growing wealth and aspirations with a young business Nigerian and his sports car comes to his highrise office and starts his working day at a food processing factory, also shows Agriculture and life in the countryside, dairy and beef farming in the 1960s
Credit: Huntley Film Archives

Nigerian Growth, 1960's - Film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9bgPk3GN4A

I thought it would be a documentary, but it is actually a story narrative (work of fiction) Everything in it is scripted. Don't be deceived, Nigeria has ALWAYS been a Shithole country. Shithole-ism has been a part of Nigeria from the beginning.

2 Likes

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by haryorbarmie83(m): 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2018
It shall not be well with every single souls that spoilt this great nation, I nearly cry when watching the video, where is our rich culture and the glory of the country go. This is saddening.

1 Like

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 29, 2018
Can't believe 9ja was that beautiful sha, GOD
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by SalamRushdie: 11:10pm On Jan 29, 2018
GavelSlam:

Sorry to say, but you aren't the brightest tool in the shed.

There must be a few adult numeracy platforms on thr net I'm sure they can help with your inadequacy .

You provided a chart that shows Buhari taking us out of recession (He got into power December 31, 1983) and left August 1985. Cearly, we can see before he got into office we were in the negative. On his assumption, the first year was an improvement but the second was magnificent.. Apart from 2002 a few years into our nascent democracy, that was our greatest leap.

What did you say you studied again ?

From the lower chart, we can see a downward trend which they tried to stall in 2014, but it continued to sink and once again we can see a steady climb from Buhari's intervention.

Guy, I would search a few online tutorials for you.

If you are discerning in any way you would see that his both charts shows his leadership only worsens thing and thing only seemed to stabilize or improve when his hand is off the rudder like when Babangida ousted him and when he was sick and Osibanjo provided some more encouraging leadership..Even Obasanjo attest in hisb letter that he is very aware Buhari is not mentally sound . Buhari can only make things worst , which kind of leader oversees the loss of 5.5 million jobs a year consistently without answers..Well It seems you have vowed to go down with Buharis failed ship for reasons best known to U. Which kind of leader meet a Volkswagen beetle at 800 naira and weeks down is pathethic leadership the same car starts selling for 8000 naira and 30 years later he replicates the same thing with Toyota corrolla that sold for 4.5 million Naira and months down again it climbed to 23 million Naira a piece. Buhari is responsible for the decadent state of most Nigerian 80 percent if you don't know ..

5 Likes

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by GavelSlam: 11:13pm On Jan 29, 2018
SalamRushdie:

If you are discerning in any way you would see that his both charts shows his leadership only worsens thing and thing only seemed to stabilize or improve when his hand is off the rudder like when Babangida ousted him and when he was sick and Osibanjo provided some more encouraging leadership..Even Obasanjo attest in hisb letter that he is very aware Buhari is not mentally sound . Buhari can only make things worst , which kind of leader oversees the loss of 5.5 million jobs a year consistently without answers..Well It seems you have vowed to go down with Buharis failed ship for reasons best known to U. Which kind of leader meet a Volkswagen beetle at 800 naira and weeks down is pathethic leadership the same car starts selling for 8000 naira and 30 years later he replicates the same thing with Toyota corrolla that sold for 4.5 million Naira and months down again it climbed to 23 million Naira a piece. Buhari is responsible for the decadent state of most Nigerian 80 percent if you don't know ..

I refuse to read anything you write henceforth because I've realised you are just a fake who cannot even read a chart.

Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by SalamRushdie: 11:14pm On Jan 29, 2018
GavelSlam:

I refuse to read anything you write henceforth because I've realised you are just a fake who cannot even read a chart.

Tufiakwa.

Say the person who can't read charts

1 Like

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by GavelSlam: 11:16pm On Jan 29, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Say the person who can't read charts

You are actually bold in your ignorance.
I'm looking for a website that would help your numeracy.

Truly you need it.

1 Like

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by NSNA: 11:16pm On Jan 29, 2018
Wow, refrigerated railway wagons. and that was 1960

Almost 60 years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by AreaFada2: 12:01am On Jan 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Nigeria was oncourse even a 30 month civil war didn't deter us till the no good called Buhari scattered everything with his unnecessary coup in 1984

People do not want to accept it o. We were on course again from 1979. Post-civil war reconciliation was still possible. To begin Shagari pardoned Dim Ojukwu. He returned and joined NPN. A national party, not regional party.

But with either Pa Awo or Dr Ekwueme likely to win 1987 election, Buhari and cohort struck. They can claim Buhari did not take part in the coup all they want.

Everything again went downhill from there. From 1999 to early 2000s looked promising, but the politicians were even more greedy and less committed than those from 1959 to 1984.

As for now we're just sleepwalking. Anything can happen. But the looting class are happy.

3 Likes

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Deadlytruth(m): 12:06am On Jan 30, 2018
hammer6F:
The Igbo man will continue to demand a state of his own for the simple reason that those he shares a country with are backward and regressive.

They are actually holding him back.

This is the reality regardless of how many times Nigeria send army to murder innocent people in Igboland.

Ironically the same Igbos are responsible for all that halted and reversed our development till today by
1. forcefully introducing the culture of coups and military rule,
2. the replacement of our perfectly working federal system with this unitary system under the excuse that they wanted "One-Nigeria".

Are they now tired of the One-Nigeria they forced on us that they now want to run away from it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Guestlander: 12:35am On Jan 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Mr Gavel Shagari bequeathed the useless Buhari one of the most prosperous Nigeria you can think of

A very strong Naira about 1 Naira to 1 British pound

A Nigeria Airways with 34 very operational planes making it the biggest airline in Africa and the middle East then .

State of the art Air force ( our Air force at it's prime ) 22 sepecat Jaguars ( one of the best air superiority fighters of the time ) about 24 Alpha jets , 24 L39 Albatross , 18 MIG 21 , 18 C 130 haulers.

A Nigerian Navy with commendable assets including NNS Aradu which woulnwe remain our only flagship and frigate to decommissioned by Jonathan who acquired 5 new frigates including NNS thunder and NNS unity.

A well Equipped Army with a fearsome Amoured Corp then thought the be the fiercest in our subregion, a well train infantry and excellent artillery Corp ( last time Nigeria had a standard military )

A thriving Nigerian Railway Corporation which was then the largest employer of labour in Nigeria

Great Postal Service and a growing telecommunications arm ..

And a generally crime free country ..

Buhari would then plan his needless coup and in just a few month Nigeria Airways had been reduced to struggling airline with just four planes .

Our Air force lost direction under the Dullard.

For the first time the Naira was in horrible shape

Nigerians could no longer afford new cars and for the first time the word tokunboh car was coined as Nigerians started the used car culture .

Chain store like Kingsway and Leventis started to close shop ( just like Goodies has in Lagos now)

See Buhari is the worst thing that has happened to the black people since the slave trade .. I have attached some charts invade u want to argue blindly as usual.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Nigeria was already in deep trouble by the time Buhari came in. Our problems started when the first republic was truncated.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by SalamRushdie: 12:39am On Jan 30, 2018
Guestlander:

You have no idea what you are talking about. Nigeria was already in deep trouble by the time Buhari came in. Our problems started when the first republic was truncated.

How ?

With 1 Naira equivalent to a pound?

With low unemployment rate and single digit inflation?

Abeg take this nonsense Buhari myth somewhere else , it's dead in Nigeria now

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Guestlander: 12:41am On Jan 30, 2018
hammer6F:
The Igbo man will continue to demand a state of his own for the simple reason that those he shares a country with are backward and regressive.

They are actually holding him back.

This is the reality regardless of how many times Nigeria send army to murder innocent people in Igboland.

The fist coup and the coming of Ironsi changed the course of Nigerian history. The civil war, the unitary system, the long years of military rule all started from that single event.

4 Likes

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Guestlander: 12:47am On Jan 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

How ?

With 1 Naira equivalent to a pound?

With low unemployment rate and single digit inflation?

Abeg take this nonsense Buhari myth somewhere else , it's dead in Nigeria now

What you saw in the video was under the leadership of the western region. The Apapa industrial cluster was the brainchild of the western region government not the Federal government .
The North and the East equally had their own achievements, all that changed from the day Ironsi came in as a result of Nzeogwu''s coup.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Deadlytruth(m): 12:54am On Jan 30, 2018
Guestlander:

The fist coup and the coming of Ironsi changed the course of Nigerian history. The civil war, the unitary system, the long years of military rule all started from that single event.

Thank you.
Most of them obviously don't know much about the events of the first republic and its truncation by Nzeogwu and co leading to the installation of Aguiyi Ironsi who destroyed the very foundation on which a prosperous future of Nigeria was built.
Nearly every Nigerian has rightly come to understand that our problem is the present structure hence the persistent calls for restructuring. Unfortunately they don't bother to find out who exactly brought about this structure and when.
Buhari, as unacceptable as he might be, did not have a hand at all in the dismantling of our federal structure in 1966. It was started by Ironsi and accentuated by Gowon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by abbk000: 1:00am On Jan 30, 2018
What happened??
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Omoluabi16(m): 1:03am On Jan 30, 2018
Shayneward1:
That was shortly after the whites left us. blacks are savages.

Argue with your keypad.
I was reading about democratic republic of congo and burkina faso of the 60's earlier today. Like nigeria, its very weird the minute the white men left we descended into chaos. Most african countries started on the wrong foot, and we may never get it right.

3 Likes

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Guestlander: 1:04am On Jan 30, 2018
abbk000:
What happened??

A lot happened. For example the Fulani herdsmen in those days carried only sticks, now they carry AK47.
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Omoluabi16(m): 1:06am On Jan 30, 2018
Guestlander:

The coup was inevitable. Some other coup plotter would"ve popped up, africa was so naive to think coup plotting was revolutionary. My take is we were not ready for independence

1 Like

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Guestlander: 1:11am On Jan 30, 2018
Omoluabi16:
The coup was inevitable. Some other coup plotter would"ve popped up, africa was so naive to think coup plotting was revolutionary. My take is we were not ready for independence

"Would have popped up" why are you so sure about this? Nigeria gained independence only six years earlier and the solution to whatever problems at hand was killing the entire political class?
I don't agree with you sir. The coup was completely unecessary and the actors were not as naive as you thought.

2 Likes

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Omoluabi16(m): 1:24am On Jan 30, 2018
Guestlander:

"Would have popped up" why are you so sure about this? Nigeria gained independence only six years earlier and the solution to whatever problems at hand was killing the entire political class?
I don't agree with you sir. The coup was completely unecessary and the actors were not as naive as you thought.
The odds were high. Nigeria was the biggest african country in all ramification, almost all african countries of the 60's experienced this. Coincidence? The coup wasn't necessary but the actors were simply naive. Everyone one saw himself as a castro/marxist and want to instill his own 'genuine nationalist leadership'. With the benefit of hindsight those guys would never carry out a coup. Talking about nigeria and africa in general now.. the result of those coup was catastrophic for everyone.
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by edward1106(m): 1:26am On Jan 30, 2018
HisSexcellency:
Nigeria is a good example to the whole world of what bad leadership and ineptitude on the part of it's citizens can do to a country.

Harvard University or Cambridge need to have a course on Nigeria.

Course they won't pass?
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by horsepower101: 2:18am On Jan 30, 2018
The American CIA and British intelligence agency confirmed in their declassified records that it was GOWon and not Ironsi that dissolved the regions.

Ironsi centralized the civil service under the military command in order to control the chaos going on in the nation BUT he left the regions intact as they were.

It was Gowon that dissolved the region and created 12 states.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dino Melaye With Tony Anenih And Kema Chikwe In Throwback Photo / Nigerian Lady Finally Offers Her Kidney To Ekweremadu's Daughter / Nigeria Ranked 3rd Richest Country In Africa, Lagos 4th Richest City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.