Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,067 members, 7,956,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:20 AM

Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. (43604 Views)

Top Ten Most Industrialised States In Nigeria. / FFK: After Wetting His Bed, Short Man Devil Shed Tears / Valentine: MC Oluomo To His 3 Wives, “I Will Never Make You Shed Tears" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by hammer6F: 8:18pm On Jan 29, 2018
The Igbo man will continue to demand a state of his own for the simple reason that those he shares a country with are backward and regressive.

They are actually holding him back.

This is the reality regardless of how many times Nigeria send army to murder innocent people in Igboland.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Burgerlomo: 8:28pm On Jan 29, 2018
Remimadrid:
Seeing all this just increased my call for restructuring, let all the states develop at their own pace, and see massive development

Seconded
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by BiafraIShere(m): 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2018
hammer6F:

The next best thing to the white man is the igbo man but will the monkeys allow him?

No!

Even the things he put together in his land they want to tear it apart. i.e innoson
Hate and bigotry coupled with crab mentality is what made Nigeria a sh!thole! United States built on the strength of all its tribes and races, and that was what made it the greatest nation on earth today! The Jews were allowed to control certain sectors of the economy, the blacks controlled the music and some sports ditto others that were allowed to give their best and the country was the better for it, but what do we have here? Envy and primitive tribalism, if an Igbo is competent to man a position or to control a sector, then he must be under an abo.ki regardless of whether the abo.ki is as dumb as buhari, then tell me how such a place won't have ended up as a sh!thole? Would China or America call a man who is incompetent from the North to come and control a position when there is a better person from the South? The world won't wait for us, they will continue to advance while we continue to discuss cattle colony, potholes on Lagos-Ibadan expway, no power supply, bunkering, herdsmen killings, ethno-religious crises, almajiris, militancy, Boko Haram, suicide bombings etc. I was writing a report on the development going on in Dubai and Abu Dhabi right now and I was shocked at how far these people have gone! What support is being given to people like Innoson that could help reposition the country through technology? Rather support is being given to savage herdsmen! Nigeria is cursed, and the earlier the citizens of the sh!thole realize that, the better for us all.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2018
Oh Jesus where did we get it wrong?Pls forgive us and restore our past Glory.I wish I can download this for reference purpose. cry cry
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by dante57: 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2018
Now ask yourselves how many thite or first truth did he sow to earn this good? I also blame the church that keeps fooling Nigerians.
Can u believe that this is the same Nigeria that we are? ...
We need no scientists to tell us that when there r jobs, strong economy, 90% of our youths are engaged, there would be no crime in fact civilization automatically sets in, and when a nation is civilized, no Fulani no ibop no bokoharam n so on...sono need to go to Church n pray from am to pm n sow your full life as seed for pastors to cash in.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by hokafor(m): 8:34pm On Jan 29, 2018
Look at how orderly things are, even the people moving around the street look peaceful and organise. I can't believe this is Nigeria of yesteryears. But where did we get it wrong?
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by fuckpro: 8:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
Marvis4real:
what really went wrong? Chai! Abakwa one chance motor , called Nigeria
...oil money is the problem ...leaders became so at ease only thing that concern them is greed pillage and lust
...the more money they corner the more dull is their mind for vision ITS A CURSE

1 Like

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by omonnakoda: 8:41pm On Jan 29, 2018
nwabobo:

Is it that you can't read or you have a problem with comprehension?

Was oil not discovered in 1956?
Was the first oil export not in 1958?
I have not made any assertion I asked you questions.
English comprehension may not be your strong point.
You made a claim now follow through

How many barrels and at what price?
After all Nigeria exports Ugu leaf today,we export ogbono, egusi and beans We Export Gulder do we not?

So tell us what was the price of crude oil and how many barrels did we export in 1958

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by bigdoo: 8:44pm On Jan 29, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Nigeria was oncourse even a 30 month civil war didn't deter us till the no good called Buhari scattered everything with his unnecessary coup in 1984

You are quite right. Nigeria's progress as a nation stated to nose dive following the coup of Buhari in 1984 and since then, it was one useless and unnecessary military coup/regime after another during which Nigeria's economy was dealt a heavy blow, from which it could not recover till today.

3 Likes

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by nwabobo: 8:47pm On Jan 29, 2018
omonnakoda:

I have not made any assertion I asked you questions.
English comprehension may not be your strong point.
You made a claim now follow through

How many barrels and at what price?
After all Nigeria exports Ugu leaf today,we export ogbono, egusi and beans We Export Gulder do we not?

So tell us what was the price of crude oil and how many barrels did we export in 1958

For starters, what claim did I make?
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by GavelSlam: 8:51pm On Jan 29, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Nigeria was oncourse even a 30 month civil war didn't deter us till the no good called Buhari scattered everything with his unnecessary coup in 1984

Yes the austerity measure of Shagari was caused by Buhari.

Let's also forget that Shagari and his goons had only been in power for 4 years but they through the nation into a recession similar to what PDP did again.

We should ignore all those facts.

We should also forget that Buhari was in power for less than 2 years and there was a Babangida (PDP stalwart and chief of letter bombs ) who ruled for 8 years immediately after.

No, it was Buhari that was in for 17 months that is the guilty one.

LIAR!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by hanassholesolo: 8:57pm On Jan 29, 2018
junnyjake:
I know we discovered oil around that period.

But I still maintain that the discovery of oil made us lazy.

We discovered oil during that period so what happened? Everything became better before it became worse or what? Nigeria discovered oil in 1956 how did that make or break Nigeria from 1960? The whites still occupied Nigeria up until 1960 when we got independence, so there you have it, a Nigeria that was orderly and made sense. After handing over power to us... you know the rest.
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by tosine25: 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2018
People like you re the reason why I hate to argue here... Please can you tell us what U or better still, what those b4 u have achieved?

hammer6F:

The next best thing to the white man is the igbo man but will the monkeys allow him?

No!

Even the things he put together in his land they want to tear it apart. i.e innoson

Had they not gone on igbo killing rampage carefully set up by the imperialist.

Those machinery and industry would have been sustained.

But no, the looters and vultures went about murdering 3 million people with the technological ability to keep the industry going.

soon after that naira collapse and since then, the country have continued to sink, even with oil and gas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by simons17(m): 9:00pm On Jan 29, 2018
More reason I keep saying it's better we still colonized by Britain than being independent with this heartless people we call leaders.

1 Like

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by dasparrow: 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2018
See how clean Nigeria was and very orderly too. I could tell that Nigerians had not started worshipping money yet. The spirit of greed had not set in yet. The Nigerian atmosphere was peaceful. Nigerians were not angry, aggressive and toxic then. There was a car assembly plant and there were women there assembling cars and making an honest living.

Cattle from the north was transported safely by rail to the South even pigs were bred in the North and then transported to the South. The video also showed a company called Saris making sausages, meat pie, sausage roll and the likes. Nigeria even exported sausage abroad.

Today everything has changed. Tribalism, nepotism, religious discrimination, greed, overpopulation, get-rich-quick syndrome, mediocrity, misogynist culture etc has turned Nigeria into the mess it is today.

Nigeria was clean then, fewer people too but today Nigerians breed like rabbits. Cultism, rape, human sacrifice, high cost of living has taken over.

I do not believe Nigeria will go back to the way it was. Too much water has passed under the bridge.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by menxer: 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2018
Mogidi:
This was before Buhari and his coup planning friends turned a once vibrant economy to what it is today. The good old days before Bubu plunged Nigeria into recession.

And you had a memory loss of what happened between 1967 to 1984?

SMH

1 Like

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by hammer6F: 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2018
BiafraIShere:
Hate and bigotry coupled with crab mentality is what made Nigeria a sh!thole! United States built on the strength of all its tribes and races, and that was what made it the greatest nation on earth today! The Jews were allowed to control certain sectors of the economy, the blacks controlled the music and some sports ditto others that were allowed to give their best and the country was the better for it, but what do we have here? Envy and primitive tribalism, if an Igbo is competent to man a position or to control a sector, then he must be under an abo.ki regardless of whether the abo.ki is as dumb as buhari, then tell me how such a place won't have ended up as a sh!thole? Would China or America call a man who is incompetent from the North to come and control a position when there is a better person from the South? The world won't wait for us, they will continue to advance while we continue to discuss cattle colony, potholes on Lagos-Ibadan expway, no power supply, bunkering, herdsmen killings, ethno-religious crises, almajiris, militancy, Boko Haram, suicide bombings etc. I was writing a report on the development going on in Dubai and Abu Dhabi right now and I was shocked at how far these people have gone! What is support being given to people like Innoson that could help reposition the country through technology? Rather support is being given to savage herdsmen! Nigeria is cursed, and the earlier the citizens of the sh!thole realize that, the better for us all.

They wonder y the Igbo man want a separate country.

They will keep wondering, like Alice in Wonderland.

Slavery beckons in Libya for those that escape the herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:13pm On Jan 29, 2018
These old men have truly destroyed Nigeria. I ate Satis beef sausage as a child

1 Like

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Mintayo(m): 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2018
Results of bad leadership...
Please help save Anu...
https://www.nairaland.com/4239439/please-save-sisters-life
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2018
Churches have made us Lazier......especially Pentecostals.

This was summarized by our brainless, lazy politicians

4 Likes

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Pharoh: 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2018
hanassholesolo:

We discovered oil during that period so what happened? Everything became better before it became worse or what? Nigeria discovered oil in 1956 how did that make or break Nigeria from 1960? The whites still occupied Nigeria up until 1960 when we got independence, so there you have it, a Nigeria that was orderly and made sense. After handing over power to us... you know the rest.

It was only the British(politicians) in government and administration that left in 1960 and the final ones left at the eve of the war. The technocrats and industrialists did not leave, it was after we nationalized all the companies and institutions where they were still training Nigerians post civil war that they left. You can take a look of their impact in countries where they stayed longer like southern Africa nations and compare to the others.

3 Likes

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 29, 2018
SalamRushdie:

The "Igbo coup" of 1966 against the North is what messed Nigeria up. It was after that that the North started altering the revenue sharing formula to checkmate the southern dominance. Up until then ALL regions (including Oil producers) retained 50% of their earnings. It is that shift of revenues to the centre that made all the regions, which were hitherto competitive, lazy.

It is not today they have been shooting themselves in the foot and causing troubles for everyone else.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by baysol: 9:30pm On Jan 29, 2018
nwabobo:
This video shows growing wealth and aspirations with a young business Nigerian and his sports car comes to his highrise office and starts his working day at a food processing factory, also shows Agriculture and life in the countryside, dairy and beef farming in the 1960s
Credit: Huntley Film Archives

Nigerian Growth, 1960's - Film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9bgPk3GN4A
Yoruba people hard working and dedicated well organised .....Until the biafrans come with them yamayama. Its a shame our leaders who supposed to maintain the tempo were austracized and killed for nothing. This can be brought back by the omoluabis if they become resolute and remain focused. Stop relying on Nigeria that is on a one way journey to failure because of greed among all players.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Marvis4real(f): 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2018
fuckpro:
...oil money is the problem ...leaders became so at ease only thing that concern them is greed pillage and lust
...the more money they corner the more dull is their mind for vision ITS A CURSE
yea, very true
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by salford1: 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2018
This was when everyone was hard working. Now all the factories shown in the video have been converted to pentecostal churches.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by SalamRushdie: 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2018
GavelSlam:

Yes the austerity measure of Shagari was caused by Buhari.

Let's also forget that Shagari and his goons had only been in power for 4 years but they through the nation into a recession similar to what PDP did again.

We should ignore all those facts.

We should also forget that Buhari was in power for less than 2 years and there was a Babangida (PDP stalwart and chief of letter bombs ) who ruled for 8 years immediately after.

No, it was Buhari that was in for 17 months that is the guilty one.

LIAR!!

Mr Gavel Shagari bequeathed the useless Buhari one of the most prosperous Nigeria you can think of

A very strong Naira about 1 Naira to 1 British pound

A Nigeria Airways with 34 very operational planes making it the biggest airline in Africa and the middle East then .

State of the art Air force ( our Air force at it's prime ) 22 sepecat Jaguars ( one of the best air superiority fighters of the time ) about 24 Alpha jets , 24 L39 Albatross , 18 MIG 21 , 18 C 130 haulers.

A Nigerian Navy with commendable assets including NNS Aradu which woulnwe remain our only flagship and frigate to decommissioned by Jonathan who acquired 5 new frigates including NNS thunder and NNS unity.

A well Equipped Army with a fearsome Amoured Corp then thought the be the fiercest in our subregion, a well train infantry and excellent artillery Corp ( last time Nigeria had a standard military )

A thriving Nigerian Railway Corporation which was then the largest employer of labour in Nigeria

Great Postal Service and a growing telecommunications arm ..

And a generally crime free country ..

Buhari would then plan his needless coup and in just a few month Nigeria Airways had been reduced to struggling airline with just four planes .

Our Air force lost direction under the Dullard.

For the first time the Naira was in horrible shape

Nigerians could no longer afford new cars and for the first time the word tokunboh car was coined as Nigerians started the used car culture .

Chain store like Kingsway and Leventis started to close shop ( just like Goodies has in Lagos now)

See Buhari is the worst thing that has happened to the black people since the slave trade .. I have attached some charts invade u want to argue blindly as usual.

3 Likes

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by dasparrow: 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2018
Shayneward1:
That was shortly after the whites left us. blacks are savages.

Argue with your keypad.

Listen, peeps like you suffer from inferiority complex, low self esteem and self hate and will look for every opportunity to degrade your race and exhalt white folks by licking their sweaty balls. I will not be part of that sh!t because God did not make a mistake gving me melanin-rich skin that is resistant to skin cancer and aging. I don't know what melanin - that is responsible for your darker complexion - got to do with Nigerians underperforming.

The reason YOUR country Nigeria is a hot mess has got nothing to do with your skin complexion and everything to do with the fact that the average African is very clannish. As black Africans you don't know how to put aside your petty differences to work together for the greater good of your society. You prefer to have all the money in the world all to yourself so that Nigerian Society will worship you, massage your inflated ego and kiss your azz.

You prefer to hire an incompetent azzwipe for a job position all because the person is a member of your tribe or religion. You oppress your women folk and see them as nothing more than a baby breeding machine and walking vagina placed on earth to satisfy your insatiable appetite for sex. And then you wonder why many of your young women have become just that.

Your skin colour or race got nothing to do with your shitty character and outlook on life as a Nigerian. The truth is, most Nigerians are just wicked, greedy, bigoted and can't see past their noses. When you learn service to mankind, thinking about the greater good of society, volunteerism, agape love for neighbour, good work ethic and honesty, watch how your country will become transformed.

However, as long as Nigerians want to remain clannish, hateful, bigoted, short sighted even lazy, don't expect your country to turn into some heavenly utopia on earth. It just ain't gonna happen okay?

5 Likes

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by omonnakoda: 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2018
nwabobo:

For starters, what claim did I make?
Go to bed
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by wilsontonye: 9:46pm On Jan 29, 2018
nwabobo:
Lalasticlala Kindly take this to the promised land so people can see what promise this country held before greed, nepotism and religious bigotry destroyed all. Imagine the government of Northern Nigeria owned piggeries which produced sausages. Cattle were being transported in train coaches down south meaning they didn't have to be herded by road causing clashes with farmers. We were even producing and exporting sausages.

There was indeed a country.

Indeed there was a country. But where did we get it all wrong? Watching the video gave an insight of the prospects our country had. It's so sad to see and live in an era where people value animals more than the lives of follow humans.

Come 2019, let's vote based on the content of character among other factor. God bless us. God bless Nigeria
Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by MightyFortress: 9:47pm On Jan 29, 2018
nwabobo:
This video shows growing wealth and aspirations with a young business Nigerian and his sports car comes to his highrise office and starts his working day at a food processing factory, also shows Agriculture and life in the countryside, dairy and beef farming in the 1960s

Re: Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 29, 2018
nwabobo:

Stuffs like these make you realise that the White man had a better way of organising us than we do..

We took over and made a mess of everything.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of Army's Fuel Station In Minna / Nnamdi Kanu: Nnia Nwodo Will Lose His Position. Sultan Has 23 Oil Wells / Olisa Metuh Spotted Preaching In Garki Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.