Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,326 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? (2336 Views)

As Christians, What Does It Truly Mean By No Sex Before Marriage? / Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:50pm On Jun 05, 2018
sonmvayina:

Did God ever say he will stop accepting animal sacrifice? Or did he say he likes human sacrifice? Be wise study and ask questions... That's the only way to learn and know..

Are you still offering animals for your sins? I will like to know.
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by paxonel(m): 10:33pm On Jun 05, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Did apostle Paul asked the Philippian jailer to convert or to believe?

Do you even know what it is to believe?
Google and find out the meaning of the word convert and know it usage.
To have someone convert into another religion or faith is the same thing as having the person believe in that faith.

The moment you have someone who was believing in something else start believing in Jesus christ you have converted that person into the religion Jesus Christ brought on earth which is christianity, at that point the individual is saved it's as simple as that
That was why Paul made the statement in
Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
Meaning, the israelites were not yet saved until they abandon their Judaism religion(old abrahamic covenant) and accept christianity or the christian faith (new covenant religion).
And remember, we were justified by faith.
Without faith it is impossible to please God.

Can you now see the flaws of what they have been teaching you people in church?
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:26am On Jun 06, 2018
Paxonel what is the difference between my op and what you posted? Can you point out the difference or flaws?
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by paxonel(m): 8:31am On Jun 06, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Paxonel what is the difference between my op and what you posted? Can you point out the difference or flaws?
this is the idea of the op about the meaning of giving your life to christ

Believing in JESUS CHRIST is you enthroning him LORD of your thoughts always and in all things. Take the precious JESUS into your sub-consciousness, conscious and super-consciousness, then you leave there. It is what it truly means to believe and be saved.

And I'm saying that this definition of what giving your life to christ means is incomplete.
Incomplete in the sense that the definition did not present faith as christian religion which is the only criteria for one to be saved, rather it limited it to believing your life to christ.
It is very important that we carry the religion along when we are propagating the gospel because the religion is the gospel itself
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by sonmvayina(m): 9:05am On Jun 06, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Are you still offering animals for your sins? I will like to know.

What is sin?... But I did offer animal sacrifice in April.... That was the last time.
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:19am On Jun 06, 2018
paxonel:
this is the idea of the op about the meaning of giving your life to christ

Believing in JESUS CHRIST is you enthroning him LORD of your thoughts always and in all things. Take the precious JESUS into your sub-consciousness, conscious and super-consciousness, then you leave there. It is what it truly means to believe and be saved.

And I'm saying that this definition of what giving your life to christ means is incomplete.
Incomplete in the sense that the definition did not present faith as christian religion which is the only criteria for one to be saved, rather it limited it to believing your life to christ.
It is very important that we carry the religion along when we are propagating the gospel because the religion is the gospel itself

Do you really get it? What gospel are you talking about? Do you not know that Jesus Christ himself is the gospel(message).
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:33am On Jun 06, 2018
sonmvayina:

What is sin?... But I did offer animal sacrifice in April.... That was the last time.

Sin is disobedience of the will of God. Why did you offer the sacrifice? To which god did you offer it to?
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by paxonel(m): 12:15pm On Jun 06, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Do you really get it? What gospel are you talking about? Do you not know that Jesus Christ himself is the gospel(message).
yes! He is the gospel. And this is the gospel
Jesus Christ is the christian faith which is the church.
There are synonyms associated with Jesus Christ if you have been understanding the gospel. These synonyms include.
-God's kingdom on earth which is heaven or the kingdom of heaven
- the church or justified people
-faith
-christianity on earth

Anywhere you come across any of these in the scripture, they all mean one and the same thing which is Jesus Christ.
For instance, the church are people, these people were made perfect just like christ is perfect simply because they have faith or believe in christ( justified by faith).
therefore they are in God's kingdom or they are the kingdom themselves.
Subjects are used in place of objects and objects in place of subjects because they are all the same
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by sonmvayina(m): 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Sin is disobedience of the will of God. Why did you offer the sacrifice? To which god did you offer it to?

Ok, to God almighty... There is only one God, it is just the name different culture call him that is different... In igbo we call him Chukwu.. What do you call him in your language?
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:04pm On Jun 06, 2018
sonmvayina:

Ok, to God almighty... There is only one God, it is just the name different culture call him that is different... In igbo we call him Chukwu.. What do you call him in your language?

Why did you do the animal sacrifice? Which temple did you sacrifice the animal? Are we are talking about the same God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
Paxonel, we are on the same page here. But I don't know why you are picking on me?

The foundation of Christlikeless is absolute believe in Christ Jesus from the heart. Every other thing flows and is achieved through our trust in Christ. We will begin to genuinely love our neighbour as our selves. Walking in the will of God becomes natural and effortless through our heart resting in Jesus.

It will be longer us who live but Christ who live and love through us.

The heart and mind believing/trusting/resting in Christ is everything but if you disagree with me, what can I say than to say goodluck.
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by sonmvayina(m): 2:00pm On Jun 06, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Why did you do the animal sacrifice? Which temple did you sacrifice the animal? Are we are talking about the same God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

Temple keh? Do we have temple in this part of the world?it was done on an altar just like Aaron and and the priest did on mount Heron... Yes, it is the same God.. Just the name that is different.
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by paxonel(m): 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Paxonel, we are on the same page here. But I don't know why you are picking on me?

The foundation of Christlikeless is absolute believe in Christ Jesus from the heart. Every other thing flows and is achieved through our trust in Christ. We will begin to genuinely love our neighbour as our selves. Walking in the will of God becomes natural and effortless through our heart resting in Jesus.

It will be longer us who live but Christ who live and love through us.

The heart and mind believing/trusting/resting in Christ is everything but if you disagree with me, what can I say than to say goodluck.
i am not disagreeing with you on all these. All what you have been saying were not wrong.
But they were still lacking in those things i mentioned in my last post which should be the first priority of getting people to believe in christ in the first.
It's either you are not reading what I'm showing to you or you are not understanding, because I'm expecting your response to address how giving your life to christ correlates with the faith or religion i mentioned.

Let me put it in a clear practical terms and ask, may be you will understand what I'm driving at, from here.

have you ever preached to Covert a Muslim before?
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by bloodofthelamb(m): 5:16pm On Jun 06, 2018
paxonel:
i am not disagreeing with you on all these. All what you have been saying were not wrong.
But they were still lacking in those things i mentioned in my last post which should be the first priority of getting people to believe in christ in the first.
It's either you are not reading what I'm showing to you or you are not understanding, because I'm expecting your response to address how giving your life to christ correlates with the faith or religion i mentioned.

Let me put it in a clear practical terms and ask, may be you will understand what I'm driving at, from here.

have you ever preached to Covert a Muslim before?

The way I will preach to a Buddist is the same way I will preach to a Muslim. Our gospel is Christ and him crucified for our sins. The same way I am calling a pagan to believe in Christ to be saved from sin and death, that is the same way the Spirit through me is calling a Muslim to faith in Christ.

Anything outside this is mans wisdom.
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by paxonel(m): 6:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

The way I will preach to a Buddist is the same way I will preach to a Muslim. Our gospel is Christ and him crucified for our sins. The same way I am calling a pagan to believe in Christ to be saved from sin and death, that is the same way the Spirit through me is calling a Muslim to faith in Christ.

Anything outside this is mans wisdom.
good!
I did not see anything in the definition of what it means to give your life to christ in the op indicating that our gospel was meant for non Christians that's why I'm saying that something is incomplete in that definition .

And the worst is, there are adverse implications for that negligence in today christianity
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:15pm On Jun 06, 2018
paxonel:
good!
I did not see anything in the definition of what it means to give your life to christ in the op indicating that our gospel was meant for non Christians that's why I'm saying that something is incomplete in that definition .

And the worst is, there are adverse implications for that negligence in today christianity

Maybe you should read the op again. The op is calling everyone to consciously surrender their heart and mind to the one who died for them, both church goers who think they are save by attendance but their innermost being is far from the Lord.

The op is calling all man to conscious faith in Christ, which is saving faith.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by paxonel(m): 8:33am On Jun 07, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

The op is calling everyone to consciously surrender their heart and mind to the one who died for them
everyone?
How about those who have already done this before?

both church goers who think they are save by attendance but their innermost being is far from the Lord.
and you are ignoring the role of the religion( faith)of these church attendance when it comes to their salvation?

Do you see what I'm driving at?
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:53am On Jun 07, 2018
paxonel:
everyone?
How about those who have already done this before?
and you are ignoring the role of the religion( faith)of these church attendance when it comes to their salvation?

Do you see what I'm driving at?

It also serves as a reminder to those who has done it to remain steadfast in their faith.

2: The foundation of our salvation rest upon what Jesus has done and not on what we are doing or will do. Once you miss these you miss all. It does not matter if you a pastor, an evangelist, or usher, if your heart and mind is far from Him your works are worthless.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by paxonel(m): 10:39am On Jun 07, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

It also serves as a reminder to those who has done it to remain steadfast in their faith.
if the op includes that then you are on point

2: The foundation of our salvation rest upon what Jesus has done and not on what we are doing or will do. Once you miss these you miss all. It does not matter if you a pastor, an evangelist, or usher, if your heart and mind is far from Him your works are worthless.
is there anything a pastor or an evanjelist can do that will undermine their faith in christ?
I don't think so, because they are already Christians.
So it is fruitless to direct the message to them, rather the message should be directed to non christians
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:46am On Jun 07, 2018
paxonel:
if the op includes that then you are on point
is there anything a pastor or an evanjelist can do that will undermine their faith in christ?
I don't think so, because they are already Christians.
So it is fruitless to direct the message to them, rather the message should be directed to non christians

Tell me is everyone who is in church a christian?
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by paxonel(m): 2:22pm On Jun 07, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Tell me is everyone who is in church a christian?
they are all Christians an are all saved or do you see any Muslim in church except he was invited?
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by pressplay411(m): 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2018
sonmvayina:
In all of moses encounter with God, no time did God ask him to give his life to him or ask any of the people to do so... Then enter a schizophrenic guy called Paul.. And all of a sudden, it becomes a thing..

I am following..

I admire your question and curiousity.
I used to talk like this too. I used to think the bible is a bunch of isolated writings by different authors compiled together to make the scroll/book we have now.
But isolated as it may, it was inspired by the same author, The Holyspirit.
When you read the bible with this awareness and pray for undeestanding by the Holyspirit, it will be unveiled to you.

Now, Paul didn't make that up, Jesus himself declared it that if you honor Him, you honour God. Read John 5:22-30

Please read my thread on Religion Is The Enemy.
I pray your heart is open and God's Grace and Peace be unto us in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by ScienceWatch: 8:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Maybe you should read the op again. The op is calling everyone to consciously surrender their heart and mind to the one who died for them, both church goers who think they are save by attendance but their innermost being is far from the Lord.

The op is calling all man to conscious faith in Christ, which is saving faith.
I receive the call of the OP. I am a sinner Lord JESUS.
Come into my heart mighty Jesus, wash me with your precious blood. Save my soul today.

Amen.
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by paxonel(m): 7:00am On Jun 09, 2018
ScienceWatch:
I receive the call of the OP. I am a sinner Lord JESUS.
Come into my heart mighty Jesus, wash me with your precious blood. Save my soul today.

Amen.
my guy if you are christian and not a Muslim you don't need Jesus to help you repent.

Christ has already died for you that one has been settled forever, whether you sin or not to it is inconsequential.

But if have sinned and you want to repent simply stop sinning, you don't need christ to do that.

Christ is not human being that put people in his heart until they apologize or request for forgiveness .

Christ don't need your apology, what he need from you is your faith which you have already gotten in him, so there is nothing wrong with you.
Re: What Does It Truly Mean- Giving Your Life To JESUS CHRIST? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:44am On Jun 10, 2018
Subject your mind to the will of God

(1) (2) (Reply)

Similarities Between Evolution And Religion / The Status Of Jesus Christ / Live Broadcast Of The Rccg 2011 Holy Ghost Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.