Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,259 members, 7,818,884 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce (55859 Views)

Joseph Ezeokafor Receives Rolls Royce From Son As Birthday Gift (photos) / Prince Bolu Akin-Olugbade Receiving His Rolls-royce Cullinan (More Photos) / Inside Olu Okeowo's Lagos Mansion "Palacio De Okeowo" (photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Wristler: 5:54pm On Jan 31, 2018
shocked
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by herdekunley9ja(m): 5:55pm On Jan 31, 2018
rolls Royce!!!!

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by ngwababe(f): 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2018
nairavsdollars:
He don offend one Customs oga...
They don cheat am... lol
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by hakimi1974(m): 5:57pm On Jan 31, 2018
if he brought in his car through the port, and short payed his custom duty no wahala. a debit note will be raised for him to go and complete his duty. but if nah land border. o.y.o nah him case ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by jimjemo: 5:57pm On Jan 31, 2018
He's owing bec he promised Oga Ali that he would clear them on credit only to renege on contractual terms. Lol #shithole#

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by DaudaAbu(m): 5:58pm On Jan 31, 2018
12submarine:
How did he move the car from the port without paying duties? These are some of the privileges an average Nigerian can never have. But why should a billionaire evade tax?

Good question.
But remember dat as some of the customs are involved in sharp practice , that is y they also have federal operation unit dat stop randomly and try to verify dat the right duty is paid. Its better we just do d right thing so dat we dont come shouting witch hunt or had sleepless night letter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by vikstandon(m): 6:00pm On Jan 31, 2018
Keneking:
Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked

Cost of 2016 model of Phantom: N260,000,000 (as per olx etc)
Customs charge per unit : (Luxury category treatment: import car - min 35% + 35% + 5%) or N195mil shocked

Legend:
CET Code: 8703.2319.00 (Other)
SU=System Unit, (U)
ID=Import Duty, (35%)
VAT=Value Added Tax, (5%)
LVY=Levy, (35%)
EXC=Excise Duty (0%)

If this is true...Nigeria government which Custom represents are worse than Highway robbers. How on earth would you pay 75% of ur item purchase price.

I go smuggle...I no fear any person o, CUSTOM o, POLICE o, ARMY o, DSS o... Even the ones wey dey monitor my chats now and record my calls and text messages... You are all the problem of Nigeria... Abeg make una die now!

6 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 31, 2018
Lol! Shey na today, this one no be news naw. Just one phone call to Abuja and those luxury cars will be released in no time abi no be naija again. This country na who know who o!

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by nacee: 6:01pm On Jan 31, 2018
How did the car got to his home without a proper documentation? Ohhh! thru the air. Custom ehh!

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by xlander(m): 6:04pm On Jan 31, 2018
He won't be going through this if he had patronised Nigeria.
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by TalkTalkTwins(m): 6:09pm On Jan 31, 2018
@TalkTalkTwins

nairavsdollars:
He don offend one Customs oga...

Exactly grin
Im do wetin im no suppose do. I wonder how he was able to evade the money at first...
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Blackhawk01: 6:11pm On Jan 31, 2018
He got served, I cannor be paying tax on my shikini salary and odidi billionaire will be evading tax. Lailai! sad angry angry
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Dantedasz(m): 6:31pm On Jan 31, 2018
babythug:
Are they allowed to do that? That is , raid a home because of unpaid duties?? Especially as it was due to thier negligence the car left the ports n the first place mcheeewwww

Probably imported through Cotonu,Benin Republic and smuggled into Nigeria through the numerous footpaths. There is a town at Idi Iroko in Ogun State called Alari,the front of the town is in Nigeria,while the back of the town is in Benin,a very convenient hot bed of smuggling of cars, rice,vegetable oil and second hand clothing and petroleum products. A smugglers haven.

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2018
izenco2005:
if Chelsea and Manchester City win today i will be millionaire tomorrow
share my mtn card on Friday, marry lady f undecided on Saturday give her belle on sunday angry
let see the ticket
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by tolux247(m): 6:38pm On Jan 31, 2018
babythug:
Are they allowed to do that? That is , raid a home because of unpaid duties?? Especially as it was due to thier negligence the car left the ports n the first place mcheeewwww

Yes FOU hve the right to raid anywhere
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 31, 2018
izenco2005:
share my mtn card on Friday, marry lady f undecided on Saturday give her belle on sunday angry
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Opoki(m): 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:
Bought perfumes from Italy and shipped it in through FedEx

Was slammed with a bill of over 60k shocked (25%) of the value.

Don't make the mistake of shipping in

1. Large quantities

2. Through FedEx.

That's the actual duty Nigerian Customs demand but i had shipped through other courier companies without issues

To be honest, won't be surprised if FedEx guys on Lagos divert this "Custom charges" ...seen a lot of negative experiences online
Someone dash me S7edge back then, the person even paid for the waybill from Alberta, Canada, phone reach Lagos, nipost no gree release am until I paid 63k
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by AdolfHitlerxXx: 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2018
Opoki:

Someone dash me S7edge back then, the person even paid for the waybill from Alberta, Canada, phone reach Lagos, nipost no gree release am until I paid 63k

You know i felt using a courier company would save me the stress. I knew NIPOST would definitely bill me.

Unfortunately for me, i had bought once without being billed. They squeezed my nuts dry this time around.

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by ajibsca: 7:06pm On Jan 31, 2018
Customs charges that they might even give you private account to pay into. Nothing like air cargo shipping with reputable firms. Ask me

AdolfHitlerxXx:

1. Large quantities

2. Through FedEx.

That's the actual duty Nigerian Customs demand but i had shipped through other courier companies without issues

To be honest, won't be surprised if FedEx guys on Lagos divert this "Custom charges" ...seen a lot of negative experiences online

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Opoki(m): 7:08pm On Jan 31, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:

You know i felt using a courier company would save me the stress. I knew NIPOST would definitely bill me.

Unfortunately for me, i had bought once without being billed. They squeezed my nuts dry this time around.
I can relate with your experience, someone dash a close friend a black magic cinema camera worth over #1m, I just tell the dude find someone who is coming home to bring it. If not, you'll pay over 400k to collect this device

2 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by obinoral1179(m): 7:15pm On Jan 31, 2018
Keneking:
Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked

Cost of 2016 model of Phantom: N260,000,000 (as per olx etc)
Customs charge per unit : (Luxury category treatment: import car - min 35% + 35% + 5%) or N195mil shocked

Legend:
CET Code: 8703.2319.00 (Other)
SU=System Unit, (U)
ID=Import Duty, (35%)
VAT=Value Added Tax, (5%)
LVY=Levy, (35%)
EXC=Excise Duty (0%)
see agent you Don read tarrif tire. I trust my uncle on this, he will look for cheaper HS code to put it at the end money will exchange hand

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by obinoral1179(m): 7:19pm On Jan 31, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Good question, it is the same useless criminals called customs that aide almost every irregularities in the port, I recalled when I brought in a container, my clearing agent told me that he was advised to reduce the original age on all the vehicles in the container so that he could pay less duty, I frowned at it but before I knew what was happening they cleared the container, my point is customs and almost all the security apparatus at the port are criminals and they deserve to be flogged grin
custom are the biggest scammers they will collect money without blinking an eye.... When I was doing or rather learning the rope of Agent at international airport I concluded that a Christian cannot work here, either as customs, agentot shippers they are all corrupt. A Christian customs will put bible in her front and still collect money, Muslim customs will go for human prayer and still collect money.... From the the top to bottom they are wicked soul but agent must bring out goods whether by crook or by legit.

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by obinoral1179(m): 7:21pm On Jan 31, 2018
izenco2005:
lol....... You go allow alabi fix the match now.
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Sagay212: 7:29pm On Jan 31, 2018
Almost all the rich men in Nigeria don't pay custom duties. The senators, governors, obas, emirs are all guilty. Customs should fish them all out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Charly68: 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2018
Evading tax but living in luxury imagine African money bags mentality ..very terrible people everywhere, no integrity

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by bewla(m): 7:38pm On Jan 31, 2018
boman2014:
The taskforce team of the Nigeria Customs Service today stormed the Lagos home of billionaire businessman, Olu Okeowo, and seized his Rolls Royce cars. According to Sahara Reporters, the luxury cars were seized because the businessman is yet to pay the import duties on the cars.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/958642707781619713/photo/1
how did the luxury cars get to his compound wirh out payment
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by one4GOD(f): 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2018
boman2014:
The taskforce team of the Nigeria Customs Service today stormed the Lagos home of billionaire businessman, Olu Okeowo, and seized his Rolls Royce cars. According to Sahara Reporters, the luxury cars were seized because the businessman is yet to pay the import duties on the cars.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/958642707781619713/photo/1
he will pay after customs initial gra gra.
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by ud4u: 8:04pm On Jan 31, 2018
How did the car escape from port , Big question there.
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by mcPhuture(m): 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:

1. Large quantities

2. Through FedEx.

Please what other courier service could I make use off.
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by mcPhuture(m): 8:27pm On Jan 31, 2018
izenco2005:

Oga, abeg make you dey give me code. WhatsApp 08077510018
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by SalamRushdie: 8:42pm On Jan 31, 2018
He has had those roll royces be for the advent of this govt and new Tarrif charges.. I think this has something to do with politics
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by AdolfHitlerxXx: 8:46pm On Jan 31, 2018
mcPhuture:

Please what other courier service could I make use off.

to be honest sir, i have not concluded my research.

Some say shoptomydoor is good, i have not personally tried it. I know Mall4Africa charges almost 20%, my goods took a while (2 -3 months) to arrive. I didn't have a great experience, but i know plenty people who have.

The thing is, whichever way you would likely pay through your nose, you have to just find the kindest extortionist

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu And His Twin Boys, Tony And Toby Pictured Together / Throwback Photo Of Dangote (from Grace To More Grace) / Take A Look At The Change This Driver Gave Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.