Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading (25880 Views)

Senate Bill Recognising Males As Rape Victims Passes Second Reading / Minimum Wage Bill Passes Second Reading At Senate / Bill To Eradicate Age-induced Discrimination In Employment Passes Second Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by jinka(m): 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
Na who origin don help. people wey suppose dey deliberate on the critical matters in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by omonnakoda: 9:45pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
You know it is patriarchal society.Your suggestion is good oh.For all things being equal.
We are talking about law not tradition.
There is nothing patriarchal about what is written in black and white.
You can stop women becoming governors in practice but not by legislation it will be refuted that is my point
Our constitution is very clear on discrimination. Very clear
Such aa law has to be gender neutral and allow men to claim the same otherwise it discriminates against men
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:45pm On Jan 31, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Nothing like choosing here
Once you get married
Automatically you are one with your husband
This one has nothing to do with one and two so if I want it is my choice not his.If so he should come and take my side since we are one.A man shall leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife.So he should come to my side.Like I said I stick with my original my birth.
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:47pm On Jan 31, 2018
omonnakoda:

We are talking about law not tradition.
There is nothing patriarchal about what is written in black and white.
You can stop women becoming governors in practice but not by legislation it will be refuted that is my point
Okay for all things being equal let it apply to both.
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by omonnakoda: 9:49pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Okay for all things being equal let it apply to both.
That is just one point I suspect it is a constitutional matter and not one for ordinary legislation but constitutional change
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by omonnakoda: 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2018
Another point is it can become a vehicle for abuse.
A FIulani herdsman can bring in 4 women and divorce after they get their Green Card, then bring in another 4 grin
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:53pm On Jan 31, 2018
omonnakoda:

By law or by what? We are talking matters of law here which are not subject to whim.
The law in Nigeria applies to everyone whether Muslim Christian or atheist and so must me neutral.
Why not the husband become one with his wife?
Why the wife become one with husband?
What is the underlying philosophy
God bless you.
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:54pm On Jan 31, 2018
omonnakoda:

That is just one point I suspect it is a constitutional matter and not one for ordinary legislation but constitutional change
Yes o.
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by omonnakoda: 9:54pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
God bless you.
God bless you too I will gladly become one with you and if we like we make am teeree
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 31, 2018
If women are giving the right to choose, men should be given the right to choose as well.
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2018
omonnakoda:

God bless you too I will gladly become one with you and if we like we make am teeree
Abi,receive these kisses mmuah mmuah mmuah:*:*:*.When we marry hope say na my side you go choose?
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by omonnakoda: 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2018
12inches1:
If women are giving the right to choose, men should be given the right to choose as well.
In psychology this is what is called inoculation.
That is the real underlying agenda but it is packaged in a way to make people think it is their own idea
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:59pm On Jan 31, 2018
12inches1:
Na we dey talk o all things being equal.
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by pennywys(m): 10:01pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
God bless the lawmaker that brought this bill.The woman has every right to choose for herself the one she wants.As for the Ebonyi lawmaker he should go and sit down and let the women choose for themselves.I can't believe some of the lawmakers we have in this country are chauvinistic and misogynistic.
how exactly this bring food to your table?

Instead of those fools to debate on how to boost the nation economy and national security, they are there playing on least thing that doesn't bring succour to Nigerians in this hardship

Foolish Lawmakers
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by omonnakoda: 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Abi,receive these kisses mmuah mmuah mmuah:*:*:*.When we marry hope say na my side you go choose?
Are you
A Calabar
B Fulani herds woman
C Chibok decampee
D Edo Libya returnee
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:05pm On Jan 31, 2018
pennywys:
how exactly this bring food to your table?

Instead of those fools to debate on how to boost the nation economy and national security, they are there playing on least thing that doesn't bring succour to Nigerians in this hardship

Foolish Lawmakers
I nor dey hungry what they are doing is part of their constitutional responsibilities and besides you are free to send them a bill they can legislate upon.
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:06pm On Jan 31, 2018
omonnakoda:
Are you A Calabar B Fulani herds woman C Chibok decampee D Edo Libya returnee
D
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by hammer6F: 10:07pm On Jan 31, 2018
Blue3k2:

To answer your question the woman would become a Nigerian citizen. The inverse is not true for men. I assume state of origin transfers from man (Consult lawyer on that part)

I can't agree with that since I don't think a person who doesn't spend time in place he want to govern should run. Those type of connections like origin are historical in my opinion.

My last question would be what should employers base their quota hiring on. You know have conflicting choices of residence or origin. It will make quota hiring more complicated.

They should base it on merit.

That is who is more qualified for the job.

I also think, you misunderstood my point. We are talking state of permanenet residence not temporal, aside state of origin.

Both should apply.
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by GenAnsahCinC: 10:08pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
God bless the lawmaker that brought this bill.The woman has every right to choose for herself the one she wants.As for the Ebonyi lawmaker he should go and sit down and let the women choose for themselves.I can't believe some of the lawmakers we have in this country are chauvinistic and misogynistic.
I hate women
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:09pm On Jan 31, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:
I hate women
Who cares that is your problem.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by pennywys(m): 10:09pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I nor dey hungry what they are doing is part of their constitutional responsibilities and besides you are free to send them a bill they can legislate upon.
yea I believe you are not hungry, but at least ur transport fare is increasing. And the rooks of lawmakers are there doing nothing
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by omonnakoda: 10:12pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
D
I wonder what it is like to be gay
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:13pm On Jan 31, 2018
pennywys:
yea I believe you are not hungry, but at least ur transport fare is increasing. And the rooks of lawmakers are there doing nothing
All these are executive matters what are states and local governments for it is not just about making laws but the implementation resides with the executive.
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:14pm On Jan 31, 2018
omonnakoda:

I wonder what it is like to be gay
Nor be me and you.When you see them ask them.
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:16pm On Jan 31, 2018
Daeylar:
Nice law, very nice

Men should also choose if they want to be indigenes of their father’s or wives homeland,

Let's continue to remove all forms of patriarchy,

It's not only the wife who has to choose, while the husband's own is unquestioned, the husband should be able to choose too.
This is it.
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by omonnakoda: 10:20pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Nor be me and you.When you see them ask them.
Which state you call am again?
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by pennywys(m): 10:23pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
All these are executive matters what are states and local governments for it is not just about making laws but the implementation resides with the executive.
those bulk of hypocrites they has never make laws that favour the common citizens

Just for their selfish interest

But at least they gonna make a law in your own favour, cos now you have the right to choose United Kingdom and United States as ur origin

Be happy
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:24pm On Jan 31, 2018
omonnakoda:
Which state you call am again?
Edo Libya returnee
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by lexy2014: 10:26pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
i don't c d basis 4 this so called law cos in practice, its women who choose. Nobody forces them 2 choose. I am yet 2c a woman who has denied or lost her state or local govt of origin cos she got married. These guys are just playing 2d gallery. Their focus should have been more on promoting citizenship based on state of residence. It clearly shows how myopic they are

1 Like

Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by omonnakoda: 10:26pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Edo Libya returnee
I will be gay for now
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:26pm On Jan 31, 2018
pennywys:
those bulk of hypocrites they has never make laws that favour the common citizens

Just for their selfish interest

But at least they gonna make a law in your own favour, cos now you have the right to choose United Kingdom and United States as ur origin

Be happy
Nigeria as a country has no problem with law making our problem has always been implementation which is the job of the executive.
Re: Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:27pm On Jan 31, 2018
OKay
omonnakoda:
I will be guy for now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Invitation Card By SA On Tricycle To Kano Governor, Ganduje Goes Viral (Photo) / IPOB Chases Politicians Away From Catholic Church In Aba (Video) / Chukwuka Okonjo Is Dead! Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Father Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.