Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) (44084 Views)

Ibadan Bolt(taxify) Drivers Plan Shutdown From Fri 14th June 2019 / Henry Chukwuemeka, Taxify Driver Sues Dorcas Shola Fapson For N5M / Abuja Taxi Drivers Protest Over Alleged Harassment By Task Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by TheKingIsHere: 4:51pm On Feb 01, 2018
COdeGenesis:

Most drivers earn more than white collar guys. If they make 4k -6k daily

So why don't you become a driver? Abi you no wan earn pass white collar job guys? grin
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by dangotesmummy: 4:54pm On Feb 01, 2018
YOUNGELDER1:
I stand with the drivers .
same here.many of these wannabe girls are extremely manner less and rude.meanwhile they're still dependent on their little boyfriends for everything.Any small thing r@pe,like is it possible for a driver to r@pe a passenger in broad day light in his car in front of the gate of her house? Seriously?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 4:54pm On Feb 01, 2018
Wesporting:
The ongoing molestation saga involving Dorcas Shola-Fapson and, Taxify driver, Henry Nnaemeka, has taken on new levels. As Taxify drivers were seen today protesting in Lagos

Photos below.

More photos via http://mandynews.com/2018/02/01/taxify-drivers-protest-in-lagos-photos/
Some stupid girls have no respect for guys who àre working hard and legitimately for their money. They respect people who made their money through rituals,kidnapping,robbery,drug pushing,etc. Don't get me wrong,it doesn't change the fact that their could be bad eggs amongst those drivers,and I say no to rape of any sex.

3 Likes

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by cococandy(f): 4:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
kriss27:
Pained Butch. To even think you have a husband and probably a son

the same way you have a mother and sisters. One person accused of sexual assault doesn’t mean the whole town should protest as if they were all accused. What about those among them who are actually rapists? (because as sure as the sun rises, there are rapists among them) we should sweep the issue of female assault under the carpet because of them got accused? Nonsense

It hasnt even been proven that he didn’t do it. Shows how all you rapists and rapist apologists have problem with assault victims speaking up.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
obie3rixe:
"We are the sole of this business" Na shoe??

But you know he wanted to type SOUL
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by chronique(m): 5:02pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:
Who called them all rapists? Idiots

How can you just call them idiots,because they are protesting? Be grateful to God for the life you live and learn to respect people that are below you in status. Irrespective of our social status and what we have today,it doesn't just make us better than others,and give us the rights to use wrong words on them. I've used their services very well and interacted with a good no of them and the truth is that,most of them are graduates. Some of them,own the cars they drive and have other cars on the same platform, thereby creating employment for others. This makes them employers of labour,and they deserve every form of respect we would accord people in other professions. If you call a corrupt politician or a 419 pastor an idiot,that would be fine. But it's not acceptable on young men and women who have decided to earn a decent living by providing a service of being a professional driver. If you can respect the pilot that flies you from London Heathrow to Los Angeles, also respect the driver that drives you from oshodi to nsukka.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by olaomoola1(m): 5:07pm On Feb 01, 2018
Kellz193:
You guys should go and do that in Dorcas house, So much problem in this country already!!!
lol u self
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by sulasa07(m): 5:07pm On Feb 01, 2018
I feel uuu
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2018
Doesn't mean there are no thieves and r@pists among them undecided

2 Likes

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by worldman(m): 5:17pm On Feb 01, 2018
P
harry2sexy:
If not that yeye Fapson that has head like stick sweet.
you most be sick (head like stick sweet) laughing hard you just broke my phone screen

1 Like

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by cococandy(f): 5:19pm On Feb 01, 2018
What the eff are you on about?

Who’s talking about social status, job, employment and all the other stuff you typed up there? Where did that come from?

You’re the one who clearly has a problem with their job or sees a problem with it if you can go about making assumptions from thin air.
I called them idiots because they are protesting for no reason except that a guy was accused and they don’t even know if he did it or not. They just want to protest because of their usual victim blaming.

I’m sure you have seen me call buhari an idiot before. Why didn’t you assume I was doing because I felt he’s beneath me? Shows you that you’re the one with the problem not me. Fix it.

Where I am, being a taxi driver is a very honorable job. Don’t come at me with that Nigerian nonsense where you give people respect based on the type of job they do. If a senator/legislator fvcks up here, I’ll write her or him a direct letter and call them out on the bullshyte . No money or status worshipping for me. Find someone else to pick on.

chronique:

How can you just call them idiots,because they are protesting? Be grateful to God for the life you live and learn to respect people that are below you in status. Irrespective of our social status and what we have today,it doesn't just make us better than others,and give us the rights to use wrong words on them. I've used their services very well and interacted with a good no of them and the truth is that,most of them are graduates. Some of them,own the cars they drive and have other cars on the same platform, thereby creating employment for others. This makes them employers of labour,and they deserve every form of respect we would accord people in other professions. If you call a corrupt politician or a 419 pastor an idiot,that would be fine. But it's not acceptable on young men and women who have decided to earn a decent living by providing a service of being a professional driver. If you can respect the pilot that flies you from London Heathrow to Los Angeles, also respect the driver that drives you from oshodi to nsukka.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by superhumanist(m): 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:

Who’s talking about social status, job, employment and all the other stuff you typed up there? Where did that come from?

You’re the one who clearly has a problem with their job or sees a problem with it if you can go about making assumptions from thin air.
I called them idiots because they are protesting for no reason except that a guy was accused and they don’t even know if he did it or not. They just want to protest because of their usual victim blaming.

I’m sure you have seen me call buhari an idiot before. Why didn’t you assume I was doing because I felt he’s beneath me? Shows you that you’re the one with the problem not me. Fix it.

Where I am, being a taxi driver is a very honorable job. Don’t come at me with that Nigerian nonsense where you give people respect based on the type of job they do. If a senator/legislator fvcks up here, I’ll write her or him a direct letter and call them out on the bullshyte . No money or status worshipping for me. Find someone else to pick on.

Are you related to ishi-love? This your gra-gra is something else!

Please learn to admit mistakes. They have every right to protest. Taxi drivers have been getting a bad rep for some time now and this latest ra*pe accusation is the straw that broke the camel's back. They didnt just protest because of just one ra*pe case but for many stereotypes and unfair accusations against them.

Calling them !diots just makes it look like you didnt think before commenting

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by dotclean: 5:36pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:

You’re the one who clearly has a problem with their job or sees a problem with it if .you can go about making assumptions from thin air.

What you wrote here depicts the kind of being you are. Using the word IDIOTS is not acceptable and is because of people like you that the protest was held.

I'll advise you think deep before you write on social media platforms.

5 Likes

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Naijaphobia(m): 5:36pm On Feb 01, 2018
Tomoyayi:

Where's your location so I can direct you to the nearest river

Iyanfo'rogi near alumanjiri herdmen quarters.
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by tayoccu(m): 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:

you called them idiots for exercising their fundamental right?
they have the right to support their colleague, they also have the right demand for better working conditions

2 Likes

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by cococandy(f): 5:40pm On Feb 01, 2018
I advise you to mind your business

Where’s your post condemning those calling the girl olosho even though they don’t know her.

Selective good man ism. Birds of a feather

dotclean:

What you wrote here depicts the kind of being you are. Using the word IDIOTS is not acceptable and is because of people like you that the protest was held.

I'll advise you think deep before you write on social media platforms.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by cococandy(f): 5:41pm On Feb 01, 2018
tayoccu:

you called them idiots for exercising their fundamental right?
they have the right to support their colleague, they also have the right demand for better working conditions

Mmm. I also have a right to call out bulsshit when I see it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Daeylar(f): 5:45pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:

Mmm. I also have a right to call out bulsshit when I see it.
cococandy:
Where’s your post condemning those calling the girl olosho even though they don’t know her.

They couldn't counter your points, so they decided to pick a part of your words, twist it and use it to start attacking you,

LMAO grin grin grin

ROTFLMAO grin

Na their work grin
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by cococandy(f): 5:46pm On Feb 01, 2018
superhumanist:

Are you related to ishi-love? This your gra-gra is something else!

Please learn to admit mistakes. They have every right to protest. Taxi drivers have been getting a bad rep for some time now and this latest ra*pe accusation is the straw that broke the camel's back. They didnt just protest because of just one ra*pe case but for many stereotypes and unfair accusations against them.

Calling them !diots just makes it look like you didnt think before commenting
@bold is that what they told you? Because I didn’t see that in the OP. Maybe you’re privy to some info that we don’t have.

If they have been getting bad reps, maybe they should fix their problem internally. I have been severally groped and physically harassed by strange men in public places in Nigeria in broad day light . Some of these men have jobs some of which include being taxi drivers. So yes maybe those of them who have been accused actually did something wrong. If they can’t correct what they are doing wrong, their protest is useless. A guy will grab your arm in the public just to ‘talk’ to you. And they carry those attitudes into the taxi business. And we are supposed to shut up because one girl everybody doesn’t like or are jealous of accused one of them? Spare me the nonsense.

Let’s act like we don’t have a rape/sexual harassment culture in Nigeria because all of you don’t like this particular girl.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:

don't mind dem fools.

2 Likes

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by dotclean: 5:49pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:

I'll reiterate that you need to borrow some sense. I am so certain that you are one of those nauseating and olosho riders causing issues for e-cab drivers in Lagos.

Someone with a functioning brain would think deep before calling others IDIOTS on social media platforms.

3 Likes

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by cococandy(f): 5:51pm On Feb 01, 2018
Apparently your brain isn’t functioning enough not to call people olosho if you don’t know them
dotclean:

I'll reiterate that you need to borrow some sense. I am so certain that you are one of those nauseating and olosho riders causing issues for e-cab drivers in Lagos.

Someone with a functioning brain would think deep before calling others IDIOTS on social media platforms.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2018
I said it sometime that the problem with Nigeria is not just the government but the people too. Imagine young men trying to survive and getting insulted and falsely accused by people because they feel they are better than the driver's. Shola fapson Abi Wetin be her name she be should be arrested. Where are these NGOs
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by zinaunreal(m): 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2018
Protesting with swag
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by superhumanist(m): 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:
@bold is that what they told you? Because I didn’t see that in the OP. Maybe you’re privy to some info that we don’t have.

If they have been getting bad reps, maybe they should fix their problem internally. I have been severally groped and physically harassed by strange men in public places in Nigeria in broad day light . Some of these men have jobs some of which include being taxi drivers. So yes maybe those of them who have been accused actually did something wrong. If they can’t correct what they are doing wrong, their protest is useless. A guy will grab your arm in the public just to ‘talk’ to you. And they carry those attitudes into the taxi business. And we are supposed to shut up because one girl everybody doesn’t like or are jealous of accused one of them? Spare me the nonsense.

Let’s act like we don’t have a rape/sexual harassment culture in Nigeria because all of you don’t like this particular girl.

No one is denying that our culture overlooks many critical issues that should address rape/molestation.

The fact is that you were not ready to understand the plight of the taxi drivers. And also, the ra*pe case in particular is sketchy.
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
majekdom2:
I said it sometime that the problem with Nigeria is not just the government but the people too. Imagine young men trying to survive and getting insulted and falsely accused by people because they feel they are better than the driver's. Shola fapson Abi Wetin be her name she be should be arrested. Where are these NGOs

dorcas didn't accuse the whole drivers in Nigeria, she accused one.

if they are so bothered they should do something about the bad eggs among them.

I guess the thieving drivers from hell in the link below are also innocent young men trying to make a living.

https://www.nairaland.com/4095503/uber-drivers-arrested-robbing-women

3 Likes

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by superhumanist(m): 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2018
Daeylar:

They couldn't counter your points, so they decided to pick a part of your words, twist it and use it to start attacking you,

LMAO grin grin grin

ROTFLMAO grin

Na their work grin

Supporters club, I hail oo!

Her points were clearly countered. Shilling is a dishonest way of living.
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by dotclean: 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:
Apparently your brain isn’t functioning enough not to call people olosho if you don’t know them

E dey pain you abi?

As I can see, the components that make a brain is not complete in yours.

If you couldn't get adequate home training, the public can still help your situation. Don't be too adamant to correction, it doesn't portray you in good light and shows that you are deficient when you called others IDIOTS.

Few words are enough for the wise!

3 Likes

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by cococandy(f): 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2018
Daeylar:

LMAO grin grin grin

ROTFLMAO grin

Na their work grin

Exactly. It’s the same bias that is working against that girl. Once they heard nigerian actress, her case was sealed. It wouldn’t matter if she brings a video showing him raping her, she would still be at fault.

They already assumed she feels like she’s better than him. Add that to inbred misogyny and you can already see why she won’t win in the court of public opinion.

Do I believe he tried to rape her (as in peniss in vaginaa kind of rape)? Honestly in my opinion, no. because I don’t know if he would be that stupid. But he might have grabbed her for whatever reason and that is classic assault if he did. You don’t touch people without their permission. However it should be left to the court to decide since they have gone there. She did say she has more video that she will only present in court. So until then I reserve my judgement on the guy himself. I can’t even call him an assaulter.

It’s the people who always have a problem with women or people who claim assault that are the bad guys in this situation. And they are the people all over this thread calling people olosho. Their voices silence those who would like to speak up.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by cococandy(f): 6:03pm On Feb 01, 2018
How do you know she feels like she is better than him?
majekdom2:

3 Likes

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by superhumanist(m): 6:08pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:

It’s the same bias that is working against that girl. Once they heard nigerian actress, her case was sealed. It wouldn’t matter if she brings a video showing him raping her, she would still be at fault.

They already assumed she feels like she’s better than him. Add that to inbred misogyny and you can already see why she won’t win in the court of public opinion.

Do I believe he tried to rape her (as in peniss in vaginaa kind of rape)? Honestly np because I don’t know if he would be that stupid. But he might have grabbed her for whatever reason and that is classic assault if he did. You don’t touch people without their permission. However it should be left to the court to decide since they have gone there. She did say she has more video that she will only present in court. So until then I reserve my judgement on the guy himself. I can’t even call him an assaulter.

It’s the people who always have a problem with women or people who claim assault that the bad guys in this situation. And they are the people all over this thread calling people olosho. Their voices silence those who would like to speak up.

Correction.

The actress was in his car. He has already claimed that the girl did not want to exit the car.

The guy has a right to defend his property, especially if he states that he was afraid that the girl could do damage to it.

The law in this case is not as clear as you think it is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coconut Tree Catches Fire In Festac (Video) / An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? / The Huge Python Killed By Nigerian Soldiers In A Bush Near Their Barracks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.