Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,450 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) (44083 Views)

Ibadan Bolt(taxify) Drivers Plan Shutdown From Fri 14th June 2019 / Henry Chukwuemeka, Taxify Driver Sues Dorcas Shola Fapson For N5M / Abuja Taxi Drivers Protest Over Alleged Harassment By Task Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 01, 2018
dangotesmummy:
same here.many of these wannabe girls are extremely manner less and rude.meanwhile they're still dependent on their little boyfriends for everything.Any small thing r@pe,like is it possible for a driver to r@pe a passenger in broad day light in his car in front of the gate of her house? Seriously?
I like ladies that treat issues as they are without bias. Thank you!
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:

the same way you have a mother and sisters. One person accused of sexual assault doesn’t mean the whole town should protest as if they were all accused. What about those among them who are actually rapists? (because as sure as the sun rises, there are rapists among them) we should sweep the issue of female assault under the carpet because of them got accused? Nonsense

It hasnt even been proven that he didn’t do it. Shows how all you rapists and rapist apologists have problem with assault victims speaking up.
we will hear news one day that your husband is a rapist. I guess that will be the beginning of your Brian resetting.
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:
What the eff are you on about?

Who’s talking about social status, job, employment and all the other stuff you typed up there? Where did that come from?

You’re the one who clearly has a problem with their job or sees a problem with it if you can go about making assumptions from thin air.
I called them idiots because they are protesting for no reason except that a guy was accused and they don’t even know if he did it or not. They just want to protest because of their usual victim blaming.

I’m sure you have seen me call buhari an idiot before. Why didn’t you assume I was doing because I felt he’s beneath me? Shows you that you’re the one with the problem not me. Fix it.

Where I am, being a taxi driver is a very honorable job. Don’t come at me with that Nigerian nonsense where you give people respect based on the type of job they do. [b]If a senator/legislator fvcks up here, I’ll write her or him a direct letter and call them out on the bullshyte . [/b]No money or status worshipping for me. Find someone else to pick on.

have you written to trump for calling Africa shit hole? Aren't you African.
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 01, 2018
superhumanist:

Are you related to ishi-love? This your gra-gra is something else!

Please learn to admit mistakes. They have every right to protest. Taxi drivers have been getting a bad rep for some time now and this latest ra*pe accusation is the straw that broke the camel's back. They didnt just protest because of just one ra*pe case but for many stereotypes and unfair accusations against them.

Calling them !diots just makes it look like you didnt think before commenting
her mouth and fingers control her brain instead of the opposite.
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:
@bold is that what they told you? Because I didn’t see that in the OP. Maybe you’re privy to some info that we don’t have.

If they have been getting bad reps, maybe they should fix their problem internally. I have been severally groped and physically harassed by strange men in public places in Nigeria in broad day light . Some of these men have jobs some of which include being taxi drivers. So yes maybe those of them who have been accused actually did something wrong. If they can’t correct what they are doing wrong, their protest is useless. A guy will grab your arm in the public just to ‘talk’ to you. And they carry those attitudes into the taxi business. And we are supposed to shut up because one girl everybody doesn’t like or are jealous of accused one of them? Spare me the nonsense.

Let’s act like we don’t have a rape/sexual harassment culture in Nigeria because all of you don’t like this particular girl.
you are missing the point. False accusation of rape will make rape increase and victims not being able to speak up. You falsely accuse a guy of a rape, he comes out clear and found innocent. The next time an innocent girl is raped, it will be hard for some to believe. Many will say she is making it up like the others. What fapson did should be taken up by those NGO'S tackling rape issues. Girls that get molested daily especially the low status ones, won't have a say. It's a silly thing she did and this protest will only make people understand the above argument.
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 01, 2018
Born2Breed:
Young and old graduates taking to driving as a legit means of earning a living instead of taking to crime, some idiots are frustrating them.
Thank you for understanding the point. We complain of the govt and politicians. Yet we can treat and respect ourselves right.
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:
When your tone is condescending, don’t pretend to not understand why the response you get will be aggressive or insulting.

Because people tend to look down on taxi drivers, you automatically assumed that is what my post was about even though that wasn’t related to the topic in any way?

You know I almost forgot why I took a break from NL but thanks for reminding me. It’s not so much the authentic idiots (those olosho chanting robotic brainless ones) but the actual ‘reasonable’ posters who deliberately misunderstand you so that you waste a bunch of your time defending points of views that aren’t yours to begin with. Always exhausting.

Have a nice day.
if you think the people that shout olosho on Nairaland are the young men out there struggling to survive than I wwouldnt know what to say about your mental prowess. If you see any one mention olosho on here just take it from me that the person is a teenager or an undergrad. We should learn to converse as adults that we are.
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:

I tend to look at people who belittle emotions and sentiments as ignorant people. Even when someone they don’t agree with is saying something perfectly logical, they classify it as emotional. Everything that does not fall in line with your point of view is emotional. You’re the only logical ones around. First of all emotions are very important and should play into our discussion because how else can you empathize with people?
Maybe you’re the one who needs to learn
if they have a problem with social profiling, they should protest against the rapists and assaulters among them Not vibrating foolishly like yourself when one them gets accused. People who have been wrongly touched by anyone in their midst won't just shut because many of them are good. Even those of them who have raped or assaulted people are among them carrying placards.

Fix your problems from within and maybe the so called stereotypes will go away. It’s unfortunate many of you don’t know what constitutes sexual assault. You expect people to shut up and go about their business when you have been behaving foolishly.
you sit behind your system or phone all day typing rubbish. Enter the streets of Lagos and see what those guys go through then you will understand that young man's point. The other day some one posted about how she got robbed by a lady who claims to be selling cosmetics in the morning in lagos. See crime is not a gender thingy especially in lagos. Do you know that guy could have been mobbed or lynched? Think well and stop treating issues with bias. Nigeria is not Yankee. Be intelligent to balance this fact!

2 Likes

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:
I have a question for you. Do you have the same problem with the people calling her and me olosho
Why haven’t you quoted any of them?

I’m waiting for you response.

Edited. Just as I thought . No response yet. You obviously have no problem with those people. Your problem arises when you perceive a group of men being insulted. All ye ‘good’ people hypocritical to the core. Your post had nothing to do with being nice or respectful to others. You were speaking from your masked bias
if you are called olosho online, who is gonna lynch you. If a guy is called gigolo, who is gonna lynch him? If a guy is alleged by a woman as a rapist, isn't that chances of him being lynched higher. We should think abou the consequences of our actions and words!
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:
How do you know she feels like she is better than him?
if na don jazzy be the taxify driver, will she come allege him as a rapist?
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Daeylar(f): 8:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
superhumanist:

Supporters club, I hail oo!

Her points were clearly countered. Shilling is a dishonest way of living.

I hail cheesy
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by BlvckSoul(m): 9:20pm On Feb 01, 2018
onegig:
Good there is no respect for hard work. People treat blue collar workers like thrash when they are actually the engine room of any economy. Remove cab drivers, delivery guys, truck drivers and let's see if any city owuld be able to survive for 24 hours.

Janitors, Security Guards, Clerks, Office Assistants, Sales Reps, Gas Station Attendants.....the list is extensive.
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by enimooko: 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2018
Instead of paying her fare she's busy trying to cheat the driver, mtcheeeewwww
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Respect55(m): 10:34pm On Feb 01, 2018
phranklyn92:
*sighs*
It's just incredible how one person's misdemeanour can taint others. cry
What are you saying
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Daeylar(f): 10:36pm On Feb 01, 2018
cococandy:

Exactly. It’s the same bias that is working against that girl. Once they heard nigerian actress, her case was sealed. It wouldn’t matter if she brings a video showing him raping her, she would still be at fault.

They already assumed she feels like she’s better than him. Add that to inbred misogyny and you can already see why she won’t win in the court of public opinion.

Do I believe he tried to rape her (as in peniss in vaginaa kind of rape)? Honestly in my opinion, no. because I don’t know if he would be that stupid. But he might have grabbed her for whatever reason and that is classic assault if he did. You don’t touch people without their permission. However it should be left to the court to decide since they have gone there. She did say she has more video that she will only present in court. So until then I reserve my judgement on the guy himself. I can’t even call him an assaulter.

It’s the people who always have a problem with women or people who claim assault that are the bad guys in this situation. And they are the people all over this thread calling people olosho. Their voices silence those who would like to speak up.

Don't mind the fools,
Carrying carboards like idiots, we are not rapists,
Mtchewwwwwwwwww

Why are they trying to inject themselves into the issue.
The issue is between dorcas and the man. Let it go to court, let's see who is wrong and who is right.

Not this nonsense they are doing,

cococandy:
I abhor jungle justice.

Yes someone accused one of them of attempting to rape her. They took to the streets to protest without knowing if he did attempt it or not. The court hasn’t pronounced judgment on the case. How do they know he didn’t do it? Exactly. They don’t know that. None of us do.

They just want to protest because that’s their personal biases. It makes them idiots

Don't mind the fools,
They want to insert themselves into the situation at all costs
Why can't they wait for it to go to court?
Did dorcas talk about them?
Why can't they allow dorcas and the man to battle it out in court,
Protesting as if dorcas is talking about them.

1 Like

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by pedrozone15(m): 11:18pm On Feb 01, 2018
beautiful232:
the truth is,this texify,and uber drivers,they are someone husband,someone boyfriend,someone brother.I'm so sure lot of them have good certificate but because of no job the decided to drive instead of stealing or doing Yahoo,let's try and show them some respect when we call for their service.Peace.

Awww, beautifully said, splendid my dear.
you have a beautiful heart just like ur name implies, GOD bless u for this piece.

1 Like

Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by beautiful232(f): 11:21pm On Feb 01, 2018
pedrozone15:

Awww, beautifully said, splendid my dear.
you have a beautiful heart just like ur name implies, GOD bless u for this piece.

Amen dear
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by pedrozone15(m): 11:41pm On Feb 01, 2018
superhumanist:

Are you related to ishi-love? This your gra-gra is something else!

Please learn to admit mistakes. They have every right to protest. Taxi drivers have been getting a bad rep for some time now and this latest ra*pe accusation is the straw that broke the camel's back. They didnt just p
rotest because of just one ra*pe case but for many stereotypes and unfair accusations against them.

Calling them !diots just makes it look like you didnt think before commenting

my brother you said it all, she really didn't think b4 commenting.
How can someone just spew thrash without even thinking hard.
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by cococandy(f): 12:17am On Feb 02, 2018
kiss
Daeylar:

Don't mind the fools,
Carrying carboards like idiots, we are not rapists,
Mtchewwwwwwwwww

Why are they trying to inject themselves into the issue.
The issue is between dorcas and the man. Let it go to court, let's see who is wrong and who is right.

Not this nonsense they are doing,

Don't mind the fools,
They want to insert themselves into the situation at all costs
Why can't they wait for it to go to court?
Did dorcas talk about them?
Why can't they allow dorcas and the man to battle it out in court,
Protesting as if dorcas is talking about them.
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by cococandy(f): 12:18am On Feb 02, 2018
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by cococandy(f): 12:19am On Feb 02, 2018
majekdom2:
do you need a sooth sayer to tell you that?
yes I do. Why would I assume that
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by cococandy(f): 12:20am On Feb 02, 2018
Mmm but it’s your job to quote me grin
chronique:

I do not support ladies being called olosho for speaking their minds or because people are arguing over an issue. I don't even know the girl(I heard her name for the first time when the incident occurred). I've have as much as possible, refrained from contributing to the topic because the incident in question, is a sensitive one and both parties have put out statements to defend themselves. I'm not commenting because I want to take sides with the driver or all uber drivers, on this case. I'm trying to be very neutral on it. All I'm saying to you in plain and simple English is that,you should not use such words on a group of people collectively, over this incident. Let's flip this script a bit.

Imagine some nollywood actress coming to protest against being called olosho because of this incident,and I comment on Nairaland and say they are idiots and I ask if they called "all of them olosho". How does that sound? Silly right? But the truth is that they have the right to come out and protest about being called derogatory names over this incident which no one truly knows who is at fault.

I'm not here to fight for taxify driver at the centre of the issue,or dorcas or any nairalander who comments on this case. I'm just saying that we should be civil in our approach. Don't go about throwing words on people collectively. As for those calling you olosho; I'm sure you know not everyone on the internet is couth enough to know how to talk to people in a public forum. It isn't my responsibility to start quoting them one by one and engaging them on that.
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by tayoccu(m): 6:59am On Feb 02, 2018
cococandy:

Mmm. I also have a right to call out bulsshit when I see it.
and what right would that be freedom of bullshyte?
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by kriss27(m): 9:33am On Feb 02, 2018
cococandy:

the same way you have a mother and sisters. One person accused of sexual assault doesn’t mean the whole town should protest as if they were all accused. What about those among them who are actually rapists? (because as sure as the sun rises, there are rapists among them) we should sweep the issue of female assault under the carpet because of them got accused? Nonsense

It hasnt even been proven that he didn’t do it. Shows how all you rapists and rapist apologists have problem with assault victims speaking up.
If I am getting you right, you are taking sides with the lady, This is so biased and yes they need to protest, he is part of them,it is their collective responsibility to protect one of their own, if he's at fault they won't be doing that and from all indications the lady is at fault and you didn't ask why did Taxify has to suspend the Driver without due verification
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Bitchiamjay(m): 8:11am On Feb 24, 2018
beautiful232:
the truth is,this texify,and uber drivers,they are someone husband,someone boyfriend,someone brother.I'm so sure lot of them have good certificate but because of no job the decided to drive instead of stealing or doing Yahoo,let's try and show them some respect when we call for their service.Peace.

Good day Ms.
Been following you for a while, I like your sense of reasoning.

#YOLO
Re: Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) by Phonix1234: 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2019
need of driver who is on uber and texify platform... Got toyota corolla 2005 for rental... Interested persons should call 08039138192....
Note: driver should b frm ikotu, isolo, and surulere axis
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coconut Tree Catches Fire In Festac (Video) / An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? / The Huge Python Killed By Nigerian Soldiers In A Bush Near Their Barracks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.