Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps (22507 Views)

Rochas Okorocha: I Am Leaving N42.5b In Imo Coffers / Amaechi Reveals The Amount Of Money Jonathan Left In Government Coffers / Another $44 Million Vanish From NIA Vaults (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by joseph1212(m): 9:27pm On Feb 04, 2018
desreek9:
Most persons above didnt bother to read the article to know the genesis of how the money got missing. I will not be bias, it all points to OKE and this money has been missing right from GEJ administration.

Oke was given the said amount by GEJ but didnt deposit it into NIA account, please always read up before accusing and insulting anyone.

MODIFIED;

I am not pro any administration at all, i expect most of you to read and digest before quoting me and typing rubbish,

GEJ gave Oke that amount for watever reasons which i believe shouldnt be disclosed to the public cos it's NIA, definitely Oke diverted the money then if not it would have been recorded and this administration would have seen it.
DO NOT BE CLOUDED WITH SENTIMENTS WHEN CASTIGATING ANY ADMINISTRATION, COMMEND AND CONDEMN WHEN DUE PLEASE.

Under whose Admistration was the money discovered?...the question is who took the remaining money,in the same city where we are fighting corruption...and as regards the appointment are the Daurans only the qualities people in this country..be careful next time..this Administration is not worthy of justification in any ramifications...blame upon blame just to save their face rubbish
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by GrammarCheck: 9:29pm On Feb 04, 2018
ReubenE:

Perhaps you did not follow my commentary keenly.
I never said Buhari should be held accountable for this money.

My problem is, the NIA gave confirmation that they received the said amount from government, what is keeping the present administration from compelling the NIA to account for the missing sum?

What is Ayo Oke doing at home when he is at the centre of the controversy?
Why make it look like one of the many unending corruption related cases where Goodluck is blamed and it all ends there?

My brother, there is something they are not telling us

Now you are sounding clearer
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 04, 2018
grin

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by jaymichael(m): 10:19pm On Feb 04, 2018
mybestlove:
Where is Lauretta Onochie? She said Buhari's government is corruption free and GEJ was crucified based on corruption in his administration.

Can someone give me just one corrupt act that happened understand GEJ that has not doubled under Buhari.

Truth be told, this is the worst government in the history of Nigeria.

If I were Buhari, I'll quietly resign and History will record it as the first Nigerian president to willingly resign.

High cost of living

High exchange rate

Bloodshed everywhere

Religious and ethnic bigotry

Never in our history has Nigeria been divided as it is today.

They said oil prices fell below $25 per barrel when they came to power, today oil price is close to $80 per barrel still nothing has changed rather it keeps worsening.

Nobody pays any price for doing wrong again. These officers loot the money knowing nothing will happen to them.
See as your disgracefully displayed your ignorance. The article stated your god GEJ gave the NIA and the former DG Oke a whooping 289 million dollars without appropriation, without oversight. The money was not disclosed to the PMB administration. Part of the money was the 43 million dollars found inside that Ikoyi apartment. Where the rest come dey. Who does that if not a drunk and a failure of a President.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by blacknp(m): 10:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
NDPVF:
you must be daft. Who appointed oke is immaterial. The bone of contention is that a whooping million dollars got missing, but nobody has been prosecuted but merely dismissed after much pressure and bad mouthing from Nigerians.
Jona appointed Oke and was dismissed by the Executive Government of President Buhari,the case is with the Judiciary,the Executive can't do the work of the Judiciary.
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by Kingbuhari(m): 10:58pm On Feb 04, 2018
buhari is looting for vegetable Yusuf grin grin
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by jaymichael(m): 11:10pm On Feb 04, 2018
ReubenE:

Does disbursement mean missing?

There is a difference between when money was given and when money got missing, ok?
Dont try to be smart by half while trying to defend the god of corruption. The point the money got missing was when it was disbursed WITHOUT APPROPRIATION. Parliament wasn't aware of it. No official record of the disbursement, no disclosure of the transaction in the official handover notes. The head of this executive (presidency) wasn't aware of it. It was the discovery of the 43 million dollars in a private apartment that prompted an investigation into the money by this administration which further revealed that the 43 million dollars was part of a larger sum of 289 million dollars which the balance hasn't been found. I think it is the person that disbursed the sum that will come and explain to us what happened to the cash. If PMB had approved the disbursement if that cash, you won't play this Sherlock Holmes you are playing.
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by jaymichael(m): 11:23pm On Feb 04, 2018
NDPVF:
[s][/s]
You read yours upside down!.
Yes it was released to NIA by past administration, but the criminal oke, under a supposed anti corruption administration, refused to declare the money.
Who do you blame, the administration that was voted out, or a thieving Oke, and the useless administration that doesn't know how truly manage what they inherited?.
The money was released without appropriation (did you not read that part?) Hand over notes are written by the outgoing administration and handed over to the incoming administration. The NIA under GEJ's administration should be the one to inform PMB's administration about the cash in their handover notes which they refused probably because the money is off Official records as it wasn't appropriated, Legislature isn't aware of it, this executive isn't aware of it only GEJ and Oke's NIA are aware of the cash. If the hands of Jonathan is clean without ulterior motives, why did he disburse the cash without appropriation? Has he got that power legally? on what basis is the "legality or illegality" of his actions.
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by Tunks2017(m): 12:02am On Feb 05, 2018

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by Rasdagama: 4:33am On Feb 05, 2018
These are all in preparation for 2019 by the APC led government.
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by ReubenE(m): 9:06am On Feb 05, 2018
jaymichael:
Dont try to be smart by half while trying to defend the god of corruption. The point the money got missing was when it was disbursed WITHOUT APPROPRIATION. Parliament wasn't aware of it. No official record of the disbursement, no disclosure of the transaction in the official handover notes. The head of this executive (presidency) wasn't aware of it. It was the discovery of the 43 million dollars in a private apartment that prompted an investigation into the money by this administration which further revealed that the 43 million dollars was part of a larger sum of 289 million dollars which the balance hasn't been found. I think it is the person that disbursed the sum that will come and explain to us what happened to the cash. If PMB had approved the disbursement if that cash, you won't play this Sherlock Holmes you are playing.
The money is a security vote. Whether parliament was made aware or not is not a plausible argument.

It is your predetermined mind set that is blurring you from getting my point. My comment is not an attempt to defend anyone.

What is keeping the present government from making Ayo Oke account for monies that were given to him? What is he doing at home when he is at the centre of everything?
Why is it that the present government is trying to make the whole thing appear like the several allegations that they accuse Jonathan and it all ends there?

Concerning where you stated that the present government was not briefed about the money, I think you did not follow the Ikoyi saga keenly, or you have selective amnesia.
Then, Ayo Oke made it clear that the office of the NSA is aware.

My dear, if Jonathan is culpable, they should ask him questions and stop giving us a reason to bicker over an issue they know all the details.

Good morning

1 Like

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by jaymichael(m): 9:22am On Feb 05, 2018
ReubenE:

The money is a security vote. Whether parliament was made aware or not is not a plausible argument.

It is your predetermined mind set that is blurring you from getting my point. My comment is not an attempt to defend anyone.

What is keeping the present government from making Ayo Oke account for monies that were given to him? What is he doing at home when he is at the centre of everything?
Why is it that the present government is trying to make the whole thing appear like the several allegations that they accuse Jonathan and it all ends there?

Concerning where you stated that the present government was not briefed about the money, I think you did not follow the Ikoyi saga keenly, or you have selective amnesia.
Then, Ayo Oke made it clear that the office of the NSA is aware.

My dear, if Jonathan is culpable, they should ask him questions and stop giving us a reason to bicker over an issue they know all the details.

Good morning
Is it within the ambits of our laws for the President to disburse Money for "security vote" without appropriation? can you cite that aspect of our laws? I am interested in the legality of the president's action.
concerning the office of the NSA being aware, the office of the NSA made it clear that they were informed about the money after investigation into the Ikoyi 43 million dollars has began. It wasn't at that stage that the government should have been made aware of the money, it should have been included in their handover notes. It is you who is turning a clear breach of procedure or even outright corruption in a bid to defend your god of corruption. If PMB had appropriated that money, would you say the same thing?

1 Like

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by picowire: 11:18am On Feb 05, 2018
In the world of professional speakers is making a difference. Clients such as lBM You will have all the tools for developing and maintaining a power full positive attitude want a country called Nigeria
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by LaudableXX: 2:58am On Feb 06, 2018
Yep, the Minister of Unfair Banning and Vindictiveness among the NL Mods, is at it again. What is the tenure for breaching rule 2, now? A ban that lasts for 1, 2, 3 or 6 months? Or whatever tenure takes your fancy? Or does the length of the ban depend on whatever side of the bed, you woke up on? Let us know. Or will you give us a response after you come back from your banning spree?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shekarau Defects To PDP After Three Months In NNPP / Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military / TAN Hit By Allegation Of Fraud.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.