Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps (22503 Views)

Rochas Okorocha: I Am Leaving N42.5b In Imo Coffers / Amaechi Reveals The Amount Of Money Jonathan Left In Government Coffers / Another $44 Million Vanish From NIA Vaults (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by bionixs: 5:46pm On Feb 04, 2018
elampiro:
PDP would have totally collapsed Nigeria considering low oil price. Thank God for Buhari and his financial prudence.
even satan has fans,little wonder
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by NDPVF(m): 5:51pm On Feb 04, 2018
[s]
desreek9:
Most persons above didnt bother to read the article to know the genesis of how the money got missing. I will not be bias, it all points to OKE and this money has been missing right from GEJ administration.

Oke was given the said amount by GEJ but didnt deposit it into NIA account, please always read up before accusing and insulting anyone.
[/s]
You read yours upside down!.
Yes it was released to NIA by past administration, but the criminal oke, under a supposed anti corruption administration, refused to declare the money.
Who do you blame, the administration that was voted out, or a thieving Oke, and the useless administration that doesn't know how truly manage what they inherited?.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by michoim(m): 5:54pm On Feb 04, 2018
yomi96:
kiki Buhari own go pass gej own o.. Nigeria is in trouble. Please go get yur pvc. #2019back2daura
You get sense so. You read the content so. They said the missing money was given by GEJ administration and NOT Buhari. So what are you talking about?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by xbit: 5:55pm On Feb 04, 2018
Some people just read things up side down just bc of bias. All d pple call dis administration should read b4 commenting rada dan commenting without reading. GEJ admistration arrange d money gv NIA WITHOUT Assembly knowledge. Now Buhari Administration see d hw d money waka and dey luk for am u a dey coz am. Wic one una dey sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by michoim(m): 5:55pm On Feb 04, 2018
NDPVF:
[s][/s]
Yes it was released to NIA by past administration, but the criminal oke, under a supposed anti corruption administration, refused to declare the money.
Who do you blame, the administration that was voted out, or a thieving Oke, and the useless administration that doesn't know how truly manage what they inherited?.
You are lost. Under whose administration was the so called money now discovered? Mumu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by xbit: 5:58pm On Feb 04, 2018
NDPVF:
[s][/s]
Was Oke appointed by GEJ administration or Buhari administration.

1 Like

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by mikhe2(m): 6:10pm On Feb 04, 2018
yahmohy27:
BMW;BUHARI MUST WAIT till 2023
Ain't gonna happen
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by NDPVF(m): 6:25pm On Feb 04, 2018
michoim:

You are lost. Under whose administration was the so called money now discovered? Mumu
you must be daft. Who appointed oke is immaterial. The bone of contention is that a whooping million dollars got missing, but nobody has been prosecuted but merely dismissed after much pressure and bad mouthing from Nigerians.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by ReubenE(m): 6:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
GrammarCheck:

I will help your case.

Go up, re-read my comment, then come back and respond appropriately.

It is appalling that an adult cannot read and comprehend in the 21st century. Very pathetic.

Did I say GEJ stole the money?
Believe me, your adulthood is even more appalling because you have a pathological disability for truth.

I advise you go back and check your previous comment I mentioned to know who suffers from comprehension problem.

In case you are too busy to retrace your comment, lemme help you....
You brazenly said the money was part of Goodluck Jonathan's pre-election dollar jamboree.
What does the above comment mean to you? Is it that you don't understand what you write or you have a slippery relationship with the truth?

Please, don't be clever by half
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by ReubenE(m): 6:37pm On Feb 04, 2018
12submarine:

Pls in summary, which administration is responsible for the disappearance? In few words pls.
The NIA is in better position to answer the above question.

My position is that, the article did not reveal when the money got missing, and what it was used for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by ReubenE(m): 6:41pm On Feb 04, 2018
ivandragon:

so have I said anything contrary to the topic?

fact is that the funds, according to what we are been told, was disbursed under the previous administration.

now, the question is, did the former NIA director disclose this fund(s) to the appropriate authorities, namely Monguno & Pmb?

I stand to be corrected if I am wrong.

Ayo Oke sometime ago said he briefed the office of the NSA i.e Monguno during the Ikoyi brouhaha
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by stieyven(m): 6:47pm On Feb 04, 2018
taylor88:
Chaiii Jesus

Why can't some people die in this country
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 04, 2018
this shithole is long overdue for a red revolution!
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by ReubenE(m): 6:49pm On Feb 04, 2018
Throwback:

Stop trying your best to be deliberately stupid.

The last administration shared the money without appropriation and termed it "intervention", and it did not exist under any records and was not disclosed by the now sacked DG, until this current regime started digging deep to uncovered these embezzled funds facilitated by the useless human being called Jonathan.
b]Buhari is equally useless as a president[/b] and must be sent back to his village like Jonathan was returned to his own village.
You have no regard for decorum and civilization.
You can still be civil even though you are depressed.

I can only engage you on issue based discussion when you learn how to communicate like a modern person....
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by bedspread: 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
taylor88:
Chaiii Jesus

Why can't some people die in this country
Dont worry it won't be Long anymore.....
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by ReubenE(m): 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
GrammarCheck:

After disbursement, what next? Who should be held accountable for funds disbursed without a trace? Buhari? Remove the log called BIAS from your eyes lest you stumble into desolation.
Perhaps you did not follow my commentary keenly.
I never said Buhari should be held accountable for this money.

My problem is, the NIA gave confirmation that they received the said amount from government, what is keeping the present administration from compelling the NIA to account for the missing sum?

What is Ayo Oke doing at home when he is at the centre of the controversy?
Why make it look like one of the many unending corruption related cases where Goodluck is blamed and it all ends there?

My brother, there is something they are not telling us
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by 12submarine(m): 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2018
ReubenE:

The NIA is in better position to answer the above question.

My position is that, the article did not reveal when the money got missing, and what it was used for.
But at least one thing is certain, approval of NA was not sought before the disbursements. Or do we also need Jonathan to explain that one? Note, I just want to be objective, I don't support this administration, but there are things that are not defendable, this one is a good example.

1 Like

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by ReubenE(m): 7:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
NDPVF:
you must be daft. Who appointed oke is immaterial. The bone of contention is that a whooping million dollars got missing, but nobody has been prosecuted but merely dismissed after much pressure and bad mouthing from Nigerians.
Its been a long time I prayed for someone.
But you, God will bless you for the above

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by elampiro(m): 7:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
bionixs:
even satan has fans,little wonder

If not for Buhari, Nigeria would have been worse than Venezuela. You see what corruption did to Venezuela when low oil price hit?
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by ReubenE(m): 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2018
12submarine:

But at least one thing is certain, approval of NA was not sought before the disbursements. Or do we also need Jonathan to explain that one? Note, I just want to be objective, I don't support this administration, but there are things that are not defendable, this one is a good example.
If Jonathan disbursed the money without parliamentary approval, then he should answer for that and not when the money got missing. Like I said earlier, Ayo Oke is in better position to answer that.

Just thinking o. Maybe the missing money is operational cost of NIA
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by jummythasilve(f): 7:24pm On Feb 04, 2018
And we have a president ruling this country
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by ivandragon: 7:25pm On Feb 04, 2018
ReubenE:

I stand to be corrected if I am wrong.

Ayo Oke sometime ago said he briefed the office of the NSA i.e Monguno during the Ikoyi brouhaha

to a large extent, you are right.

but the supposed briefing seemed to centre on the $43m ikoyi fund. my question is, did the briefing contain a proper explanation of the total funds, $280m+...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by bionixs: 7:29pm On Feb 04, 2018
elampiro:

If not for Buhari, Nigeria would have been worse than Venezuela. You see what corruption did to Venezuela when low oil price hit?
big lie! Nigeria is far far worse than that country you called. check your record. the last Christmas we had before Jonathan left,40% of what we eat was produced in here. Buhari a bad past kept in the present. It is either you benefit directly or indirectly from this mess of a government or you live outside Nigeria with no family members here
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by Throwback: 7:32pm On Feb 04, 2018
ReubenE:

You have no regard for decorum and civilization.
You can still be civil even though you are depressed.

I can only engage you on issue based discussion when you learn how to communicate like a modern person....

I don't need you to engage me. I have already unveiled your hypocrisy before your very own eyes.

Jonathan was a useless human being who was gifted the presidency. Buhari was a perennial failure that was made attractive by Jonathan's uselessness and pathological desire to steal Nigeria to bankruptcy.

Till today, the Jonathan team waste and embezzlement of funds is still being discovered in septic tanks, highbrow flats, and rural apartments.

It will never be well with the supporters of Jonathan and Buhari, who has also unravelled himself and his previously touted integrity.

1 Like

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by elampiro(m): 7:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
bionixs:
big lie! Nigeria is far far worse than that country you called. check your record. the last Christmas we had before Jonathan left,40% of what we eat was produced in here. Buhari a bad past kept in the present. It is either you benefit directly or indirectly from this mess of a government or you live outside Nigeria with no family members here

Venezuela's currency is currently 142,000 to a dollar. People loot stores, pick waste bins to eat.

This was a country its currency was one of the strongest in the world, far better than the naira. One of the economies envied during oil boom.

You no know book.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by bionixs: 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2018
elampiro:

Venezuela's currency is currently 142,000 to a dollar. People loot stores, pick waste bins to eat.

This was a country its currency was one of the strongest in the world, far better than the naira. One of the economies envied during oil boom.

You no know book.
we have rugged, resilient people here who don't lean on the government for anything,right from time. This is why people are not picking trash for food.
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by OreMI22: 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2018
dre11:

http://thenationonlineng.net/another-202m-missing-from-nia-coffers-reps/

They are just stealing money anyhow to amass money for rigging Buhari second term electoral defeat
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by GMBuhari: 7:39pm On Feb 04, 2018
Obviously in your rush to register your hate, you didn't read the post

Common sense and patience and the two things you need right now

Chairman of the Committee , Hon. Aminu Sani Jaji (APC Zamfara) said while investigating the missing $44 million as mandated by the House, a stunning discovery came to light that an additional $202 million is missing from the coffers of the NIA.

In a post-meeting briefing with reporters at the weekend, the committee chair said it was discovered that a total of $289 million was given to the NIA by the Goodluck Jonathan administration for ” intervention”.

According to him, the money was not appropriated by the National Assembly for the Agency.

“The NIA got the money for ‘intervention’ from the past administration. For whatever reason, the past DG, Ayo Oke failed to disclose to the present administration that we have this amount of money.,” he said.

He further said: “Even the National Security Adviser, said it was when our committee began its investigation, they got the information that the NIA got $289million.

“You know we had a meeting with the NSA today ( Friday) we later discovered since last week in our meeting with the past Acting DG NIA that the $44 million is not missing.

yomi96:
kiki Buhari own go pass gej own o.. Nigeria is in trouble. Please go get yur pvc. #2019back2daura

Paperwhite:
Chai cry cry cry cry cry cry Nigeria is finished with these APC rogues in power.We have never had it bad with corruption or an hypocritical anti-corruption fight like what the Buhari government is doing.
Ndi zombies over to you guys.

greatgod2012:
Buhari dey fight corruption indeed!

kikikikiki

I no fit laugh!

OpanachiOzohve:
No it can't be possible under the anti/pro-corruption government. Fraudsters!

yomi96:
yeah they are on the junior cadre for now. for the next two weeks. it's time to srt calling your sources o, the degree own to follow. from what I heard the pressure on degree is too much so if u no sabi any big person, this is the time to start calling them.
and also they have marked and sent or scores to abuja. God Na your hand I dey oo
As for you , if i can find your name i will report you to EFCC and all recruiting agencies , you are biased , impatient , blinded by sentiment , therefore it would be easy for you to be turned into a double agent within EFCC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by misterjosh(m): 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2018
God needs to intervene specially in Nigeria and start delivering instant judgments to all corrupt politicians and public servants. Btw, you tell us you discovered $289 million was disbursed by GEJ's administration, how come you're now trying to telling us that the $43 million recovered in Buhari's time is now part of the initial $289 million, me I'm not understanding o... Those that swallowed the recovered $43 million must be exposed too.
Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by justice2017: 9:00pm On Feb 04, 2018
desreek9:
Most persons above didnt bother to read the article to know the genesis of how the money got missing. I will not be bias, it all points to OKE and this money has been missing right from GEJ administration.

Oke was given the said amount by GEJ but didnt deposit it into NIA account, please always read up before accusing and insulting anyone.

MODIFIED;

I am not pro any administration at all, i expect most of you to read and digest before quoting me and typing rubbish,

GEJ gave Oke that amount for watever reasons which i believe shouldnt be disclosed to the public cos it's NIA, definitely Oke diverted the money then if not it would have been recorded and this administration would have seen it.
DO NOT BE CLOUDED WITH SENTIMENTS WHEN CASTIGATING ANY ADMINISTRATION, COMMEND AND CONDEMN WHEN DUE PLEASE.

Many Nigerians are so intellectually lazy and can not read and comprehend write-ups. Jst allow them enjoy the noise on nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by Enice(m): 9:00pm On Feb 04, 2018
ReubenE:

Are you sure you're not the olodo?

Did the article say at what point the money got missing?
The Honourable member only mentioned when the money was appropriated.

When the money was given does not equal when the money got missing.

Sorry, if I was a bit rude. I have to be rude to be kind though
did you read where the NIA said it was when tjhe commitee started its work that they knew about the money?
“The NIA got the money for ‘intervention’ from the past administration. For whatever reason, the past DG, Ayo Oke failed to disclose to the present administration that we have this amount of money.,” he said.
He further said: “Even the National Security Adviser, said it was when our committee began its investigation, they got the information that the NIA got $289million.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps by 1nigeriamyfoot: 9:20pm On Feb 04, 2018
Mynd44:

Go back to read the article. You will be more shocked
you also need to read the article once again, July last issue was raised as well. I guess GEJ was the president as at July 2017 or what?

Oga mod, I pity your unborn kids grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News: Former PDP Spokesperson, Dayo Adeyeye Decamps To APC / Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery / Abba Kyari Faces Dismissal By Police, Trial By NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.