Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,181 members, 7,835,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics (7800 Views)

Top Igbo Women Check List / Lagos 1898,Before Nigeria. Not Oil money. No be today!! / Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Meets Top Igbo Leaders Behind Closed-doors In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by PenisCaP: 9:40pm On Feb 05, 2018
ReubenE:

You got me
......but then, it is an advise so she is at liberty to ignore or take it.
She also reserves the right to advise me to respect hers too.

stop trying to sound logically correct.. becoz u are SO WRONG!!..u trying to play mind games on her.
first of all u didnt respect her own choice of being igbo.. so u have no right to advise her to respect urs.

just like some1 scolding another person to stop crying while he himself is shedding tears.
more like "u cant give what u dont have" undecided

1 Like

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by Throwback: 9:57pm On Feb 05, 2018
nwabobo:

At least they attended one physically. Even your great Awolowo attended University by correspondence.

To study commerce by distance learning which enabled him to effectively serve as finance minister many years later.

However, you conveniently forgot he later found his way to the prestigious university of London, a world renowned university, to study law. From which he would better understand politics and effectively govern as the first premier of the Western region.

Many years later, Azikiwe was still sending Igbo kids to a Negro university that has remained irrelevant till today.

6 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by blazhykowskyi(m): 10:16pm On Feb 05, 2018
adeolakemi:
like I said you obviously be watching African magic ...your in-law was reported for what again? please stop this story cos this seems like tales you hardly see other ethnic group participate actively in anything outside their ethnicity so please we know where their problems lies and Igbo's don't envy intact yorybas do that the more

Don't you know how dumb you sound?

Nollywood is a mirror of the society of those actors. You portray what happens in your environment through art and literature. Have you seen a Hollywood movie portraying juju or a Nollywood sci fi?

You ibos are very dumb.

6 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by adeolakemi: 10:37pm On Feb 05, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

Don't you know how dumb you sound?

Nollywood is a mirror of the society of those actors. You portray what happens in your environment through art and literature. Have you seen a Hollywood movie portraying juju or a Nollywood sci fi?

You ibos are very dumb.
just as the slavery attitudes and juju practiced being displayed in African magic Yoruba is the true reflexion of the Yoruba race like I said Yoruba race needs help its dying slowly
Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by naijalander: 11:21pm On Feb 05, 2018
The article says lagos community was "startled", I don't see anything about jealousy.

Typical hater.
nwabobo:
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by naijalander: 11:28pm On Feb 05, 2018
True. Most of them get obssesively jealous when you are doing better than them. They love vengeance and don't understand compromise. That deep obsession to be the best of every thing in imbibed in them.

Thats why they can't celebrate their success stories without some how relating it to some competition in which the wider Nigerian polity lags behund them, they wreak of low self esteem.

ReubenE:

I knew you would say the above.

I lived with the Igbos for quite a long while, even now I still visit from time to time because I have a family in Imo State.

You may think all I said concerning the Igbos are tales of Nollywood, but I am not perturbed because you're at liberty to believe anything you want.
From experience, I discovered that Igbos have nuclear grade envy for others that do better than them.
If you eat meat pass dem, na problem. If you buy a car before they do especially when you are sharing the same facility, they get envious, to the point of arranging for hoodlums to steal the car so that you can be at per with them.
One cannot hold the position of a market secretary when you don't share the same ethnicity with them. I remember back then in Imo State, out of envy, some Igbo traders reported my in-law to the authorities that he is dealing in illegal business after he indicated his interest to become the president of their trade union.....my brother, the list is endless.

This is no Nollywood cuz I don't even see their movies

7 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:43pm On Feb 05, 2018
adeolakemi:
just as the slavery attitudes and juju practiced being displayed in African magic Yoruba is the true reflexion of the Yoruba race like I said Yoruba race needs help its dying slowly

Coming from someone who is so ashamed of his Wawa osu identity. I just told you how dumb you sound by claiming ibos ain't fettish.

4 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by Lordspicy(m): 12:00am On Feb 06, 2018
Throwback:

The Igbo men were celebrating an achievement of attending a black university that was irrelevant then and has continued to be an irrelevant university till today.

Meanwhile at that same time, even Yoruba women were already attending world renowned universities in the UK, talkless of the Yoruba men who had been attending world class universities and contributing to the growth of Yoruba land before the 1900's.

Those Universities ranging from Cambridge to Oxford, to London, to Edinburgh, are still world renowned till today and rank way higher than some Negro university that was and remains unspoken.

Even Femi Fani Kayode's grandfather was already educated as a lawyer at Cambridge long before Azikiwe found himself wandering through a Negro school in the USA. At the time Yoruba's were studying in notable schools in the 1870's, the Igbos did not even know how to read and write. By the time Yoruba's already had 2nd generation doctors and doctorate engineers before 1900, the Igbos had only started wearing the socks of the British on their heads. By the time the Yoruba's were already clamouring for a University in Yorubaland, the Igbos had only began coming to Lagos to work as houseboys for the British colonial officers.

if Azikiwe wanted to assist his fellow Igbos to attain foreign university education, why not put them on a higher pedestal than the unknown university he attended? Then he even had to gloat about such mediocre achievement in his own newspaper?

Like I will always say, I still blame Ajayi Crowther for teaching Igbo bushmen how to letter their own language. Else, we would have not had any catching up that has always occupied the Igbo mind. A catching up that China Achebe was also ecstatic about.

CC: melzabull

and we still bypassed you people
Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by Throwback: 12:04am On Feb 06, 2018
Lordspicy:

Please tell me who is still lamenting till today?

While some set a standard for Africa, some only learnt how to copy and catch up with their senior.

4 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by deomelllo: 12:05am On Feb 06, 2018
Lordspicy:

And you are still begging, shouting and crying marginalization.

The only thing you bypassed is yourself.

6 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by Throwback: 12:07am On Feb 06, 2018
deomelllo:

Brotherly, the matter tire me ooo.

The same person gloating in one breath is the same person lamenting marginalization and being held down by other tribes in another breath.

6 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by nwabobo: 12:07am On Feb 06, 2018
Throwback:

To study commerce by distance learning which enabled him to effectively serve as finance minister many years later.

However, you conveniently forgot he later found his way to the prestigious university of London, a world renowned university, to study law. From which he would better understand politics and effectively govern as the first premier of the Western region.

Many years later, Azikiwe was still sending Igbo kids to a Negro university that has remained irrelevant till today.

Where is University of London located?

Their address I mean.

1 Like

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by nwabobo: 12:12am On Feb 06, 2018
deomelllo:

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by Throwback: 12:13am On Feb 06, 2018
nwabobo:

Where is University of London located?

Their address I mean.

It depends on what college you are enquiring about.

Is it the founding colleges of UCL or KCL?

Is it LSE or LBS, or the former component Imperial College?

Or are you doubting the widely known fact that Awolowo read law as a resident student in London at the prestigious University of London and was called to the English bar before he returned to Nigeria?

Was that feat even rare in the Yoruba land of Awolowo's time?

When you are done celebrating admission of Igbos into a negro university in the mid 1900's, let me know so I can educate you on what type of prestigious schools 2 to 3 generations of Yorubas residing in Yorubaland had already attended before even Azikiwe got a Negro education he bequeathed to his protégés.

6 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by nwabobo: 12:14am On Feb 06, 2018
Throwback:

It depends on what college you are enquiring about.

Is it the founding colleges of UCL or KCL?

Is it LSE or LBS, or the former component Imperial College?

Or are you doubting the widely known fact that Awolowo read law as a resident student in London at the prestigious University of London and was called to the English bar before he returned to Nigeria?

Was that feat even rare in the Yoruba land of Awolowo's time?

Which of the colleges did Awo attend. Just asking out of curiosity as I'm currently studying in one of the prestigious colleges.
Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by Throwback: 12:21am On Feb 06, 2018
nwabobo:

Which of the colleges did Awo attend. Just asking out of curiosity as I'm currently studying in one of the prestigious colleges.

Either of UCL or LSE.

At that time, it wasn't so relevant to specify which college as it is now.

All that mattered then was that you graduated from UoL.

2 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by nwabobo: 12:22am On Feb 06, 2018
Throwback:

Either of UCL or LSE.

At that time, it wasn't so relevant to specify which college as it is now.

All that mattered then was that you graduated from UoL.

Why did Awo commit suicide

.....allegedly.
Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by deomelllo: 12:26am On Feb 06, 2018
Throwback:

Brotherly, the matter tire me ooo.

The same person gloating in one breath is the same person lamenting marginalization and being held down by other tribes in another breath.

They are just a bunch of confused low self-esteem and self-loathing people with zero sense of self-worth.

5 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by Throwback: 12:28am On Feb 06, 2018
[quote author=nwabobo post=64823305][/quote]

Igbo strangers full Ajegunle. Try out Mba street for AJ city.

Continue to console yourself, while your brother Kettykin is paying N1.5m annually to Yoruba landlord.

The same Kettykin who had devoted his time on Nairaland to campaigning for Igbos to return home and divest from Yoruba land. He claimed they were the soul of Banking, ICT, Real Estate, bla bla bla. That Yorubas will suffer economically if Igbos take out their investment and return home.

What the foolish joker didn't say then was that he was equally living in Lagos and making a living there. Not until his pride was bitterly hurt by the thread that displayed how Yorubas controlled the real estate business in the SouthWest, before the dolt also lamented that his lazy Yoruba landlord was charging him N1.5m for an apartment that wasn't up to scratch.

So continue deceiving yourselves.

5 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by nwabobo: 12:30am On Feb 06, 2018
Throwback:

Igbo strangers full Ajegunle. Try out Mba street for AJ city.

Continue to console yourself, while your brother Kettykin is paying N1.5m annually to Yoruba landlord.

The same Kettykin who had devoted his time on Nairaland to campaigning for Igbos to return home and divest from Yoruba land. He claimed they were the soul of Banking, ICT, Real Estate, bla bla bla. That Yoruba's will suffer economically if Igbos take out their investment and return home.

What the foolish joker didn't say then was that he was equally living in Lagos and making a living there. Not until his pride was bitterly hurt by the thread that displayed how Yorubas controlled the real estate business in the SouthWest, before the dolt also lamented that his lazy Yoruba landlord was charging him N1.5m for an apartment that wasn't up to scratch.

So continue deceiving yourselves.

That's him. I'm a landlord in Lagos to Yoruba peeps
Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by Throwback: 12:35am On Feb 06, 2018
nwabobo:

Why did Awo commit suicide

.....allegedly.

It is the story Igbos tell their kids at night so that they can all sleep better.

Do you know that Awolowo was a GCFR while neither Azikiwe nor Ojukwu was?

Do you know that the very punitive measures carried out as response to Biafra's illegal cessation from Nigeria, are the same measure earlier articulated by Azikiwe in his response to Northern Region's threat to pull out of Nigeria during the independence debates?

8 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by Throwback: 12:38am On Feb 06, 2018
nwabobo:

That's him. I'm a landlord in Lagos to Yoruba peeps

And that is the greatest accomplishment of an Igbo man?

And that makes every Igbo in Yoruba land a wealthy landlord and every Yoruba a wretch who has a ramshackle to let out?

I didn't know you looked at Yorubas with such great admiration, that you feel fulfilled that they are the ones that pay rent so your family can feed.

6 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by nwabobo: 12:40am On Feb 06, 2018
Throwback:

And that is the greatest accomplishment of an Igbo man?

And that makes every Igbo in Yoruba land a wealthy landlord and every Yoruba a wretch who has a ramshackle to let out?

I didn't know you looked at Yorubas with such great admiration, that you feel fulfilled that they are the ones that pay rent so your family can feed.

Not that it matters, Zik is GCFR
Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by kramer: 12:42am On Feb 06, 2018
nwabobo:

It is at this point that you lost the argument completely. You had no comeback to deomelllo so all you could do was post a foolish picture. You should STFU and log out of nairaland.

6 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by nwabobo: 12:47am On Feb 06, 2018
kramer:

It is at this point that you lost the argument completely. You had no comeback to deomello so all you could do was post a foolish picture. You should STFU and log out of nairaland.

Ouch, I must hsve hit a raw nerve.
Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by kramer: 12:58am On Feb 06, 2018
nwabobo:

Ouch, I must hsve hit a raw nerve.

Oh yesss.. you did, it's bcuz your comeback was soooo weak shiit mehn, you deserve to be flogged by your people mercilesslycheesy honestly you should off your internet abeg or better still give it to somebody who needs it bikonu

Peace out

6 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by nwabobo: 1:06am On Feb 06, 2018
kramer:

Oh yesss.. you did, it's bcuz your comeback was soooo weak shiit mehn, you deserve to be flogged by your people mercilesslycheesy honestly you should off your internet abeg or better still give it to somebody who needs it bikonu

Peace out
.....if that makes you sleep well tonight.
Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by tiger28: 1:08am On Feb 06, 2018
Why do ppl waste time on the 6th class citizens of Nigeria........the perpetual losers of just about EVERY battle or competition in africa, the usual miscalculators since 1000 BC. The Ijaws have smartly and steadily taken over the igbos as a majority group in Nigeria...Every black group in the diaspora is tracing their roots BACK TO AFRICA while the igbos in "2018" are still SEARCHING for their roots OUT OF AFRICA??to of all places EUROPE Until the Israelis SOUNDLY. denounced them but the shameless serpents and land grabbers are STILL SHAMELESSLY dragging Israel land with the israelis? Shameless ppl, shameless Pigs!!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by deomelllo: 1:26am On Feb 06, 2018
kramer:

It is at this point that you lost the argument completely. You had no comeback to deomelllo so all you could do was post a foolish picture. You should STFU and log out of nairaland.

The typical ipob is very intelligent and can not engage in any kind of meaningful intelligent conversation or follow simple discussion without gyrating all over the place with dumb, idiotic, irrelevant, meaningless rubbish and silly questions like why did Awo committed suicide or he bought a house in Lagos, something millions of other Nigerians from other parts of Nigeria are doing like drinking water and eating eba.

I mean, what's so special about buying a damn house in Lagos? Obviously, buying a house in Lagos = They are better than Yoruba people and the rest of Nigeria even thoug they are far far behind the rest of Nigeria hence crying and shouting merginilization everyday.

4 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by deomelllo: 1:39am On Feb 06, 2018
Throwback:

It is the story Igbos tell their kids at night so that they can all sleep better.

Do you know that Awolowo was a GCFR while neither Azikiwe nor Ojukwu was?

Do you know that the very punitive measures carried out as response to Biafra's illegal cessation from Nigeria, are the same measure earlier articulated by Azikiwe in his response to Northern Region's threat to pull out of Nigeria during the independence debates?

Awolowo was the premir of the Wester region and ZIK at the same time was the premir of the Eastern region during regional administration in Nigeria.

Awolowo achieved many Firsts in Nigeria from the first TV station, first skyscraper, first modern stadia, industrial estates like Ikeja, Ilupeju, Mushin, Matori, Apapa industrial estates, these estates are still responsible for a huge chunk of Nigeria's industrial output. Lagos state is Nigeria's industrial base because of Awo's vision, competence, and superior management skills. These achievements are yet to be replicated by any government in Nigeria, state or federal.

ZIK as the premiere of the eastern region achieved nothing, I mean nothing, he left then nothing, no industries, no commercial or economic achievements and this is the reason why generation after generation of SE people must leave the SE to work, find jobs and seek survival in the SW. Their forefathers and past generations ate from Awo's achievements and the present generation must also leave their towns and villages to look for their daily bread in the SW.

The only thing they are ahead of is their own delusions and flawed imagination.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by deomelllo: 1:46am On Feb 06, 2018
Nigeria’s foremost novelist Chinua Achebe has claimed that Nigerians,especially of the Hausa/Fulani and the Yoruba stocks, do not like his Igbo ethnic group because of the southeast’s cultural advantage.

He traced the origin of “the national resentment of the Igbo” to its culture that “gave the Igbo man an unquestioned advantage over his compatriots in securing credentials for advancement in Nigerian colonial society.”

He observed that the Igbo culture’s emphasis on change, individualism and competitiveness gave his ethnic group an edge over the Hausa/Fulani man who was hindered by a “wary religion” and the Yoruba man who was hampered by” traditional hierarchies.”

He narrated the earlier advantage of Yoruba as contingent on their location on the coastline, but once the missionaries crossed the Niger, the Igbo took advantage of the opportunity and overtook the Yoruba.

The increase was so exponential in such a short time that within three short decades the Igbos had closed the gap and quickly moved ahead as the group with the highest literacy rate, the highest standard of living, and the greatest of citizens with postsecondary education in Nigeria,” he contended.

He said Nigerian leadership should have taken advantage of the gbo talent and this failure was partly responsible for the failure of the Nigerian state, explaining further that competitive individualism and the adventurous spirit of the Igbo was a boon Nigerian leaders failed to recognize and harness for modernization.

Why Nigerians hate Igbos, by Chinua Achebe

^^^^^^^ Disgusting excerpts from Achebe's book

That bitter, angry, tribalistic and bigoted old man beat his ignorant chest straight till his last breath into his sad and sorry grave.

5 Likes

Re: No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics by christ007(m): 1:54am On Feb 06, 2018
And who til you that we igbo are educated too.you do nt anything to say about us you Yoruba are just jealous bcoz we igbo are good in business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2021 Budget: Works Ministry Votes N1 Billion For Projects Supervision / How Nassarawa People Reacted When Buhari Said Tinubu Will Be Next President(phot / Will Ilorin Women Dress Like This To Protest Against The Emir ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.