Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

What To Do When Your Partner Isn’t Ready To Commit - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What To Do When Your Partner Isn’t Ready To Commit (435 Views)

My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo / Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba / My Girlfriend Is Planning To Commit Suicide Please Help Me "Screenshots" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Do When Your Partner Isn’t Ready To Commit by jannydear(f): 4:02pm On Feb 06, 2018
What do you do when you want to settle down and start building a family with your partner, but your partner isn’t ready to commit? In order to know how to handle such circumstances, consider the following guidelines below:

You must know what commitment is
You have to be certain with yourself and with your partner about what you really want. Do you want to date entirely, move in together to become live-in lovers, or you want to get married? Dialogues can be frustrating if you haven’t exclusively defined your terms clearly.

READ ALSO: Dealing With Insecurity in Relationship

You must be ready to commit
We know the act of falling in love can be mind-altering, but it can sometimes pervade people with an urgency to live their happily-ever-after instantaneously. However, moving too fast can create issues. For example, you might feel so self-doubting that you are driven to solve the problem ultimately by obtaining a commitment from your partner and tying the knots. But this could lock you into a marriage in which you continue to feel insecure and jealous.

You must be sure your partner has enough of the qualities you want in a partner
A committed relationship means sharing your lifetime with someone even during troubled times, these times are when that love will be most edgy. So, it’s imperative that your partner represents traits that you respect and that are important to you, such as sharing your values and other things.

You should know when your partner is just hesitant
You should be able to differentiate when your partner is just being uncertain about the relationship and need extra guarantee from when they want to live a life avoiding commitment. While you may be able to encourage a committed relationship with either of these people, think twice about putting too much effort into a relationship with the latter. To know if your partner is scared of commitment, ask yourself if they don’t show an interest in learning about your deep thoughts and state of mind, avoid sharing personal information, or avoid talking about your relationship. These can all be signs of someone who has no intention whatever of getting deeply attached or committed to another in a relationship.

READ ALSO: Four Ways On How to Choose a Better Partner

There may be changes you should make in yourself that would help your partner be more willing to commit
Your partner might be hesitant to commit because of worries about the way the two of you relate. Your partner might want you to be more loving or to learn to manage your anger better. Rather than just making excuses, you might help your partner make the decision to commit by agreeing to work on these changes.

From the above guidelines, you should know you the final decision to remain to move on from an uncommitted relationship lies in your court. If you think it might help, talk with your partner about them. Do what you can to nurture and cherish a more committed relationship.

READ ALSO: How to Remain Faithful in Relationship
Source: http://www.healthdiary365.com/2018/02/06/what-to-do-when-your-partner-isnt-ready-to-commit/

Re: What To Do When Your Partner Isn’t Ready To Commit by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 06, 2018
I will slowly leave the relationship, I don't like what I hate, time is money.
Re: What To Do When Your Partner Isn’t Ready To Commit by donstan18: 4:13pm On Feb 06, 2018
I'm not trying to be a sexist, but I think this question is one gender advantageous.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies If Money Is All You Need In A Relationship, Then See What You Need / "Christian Men Are Not Romantic And Very Boring" - Archibishop Duncan-williams T / Wicked Human Beings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.