Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings (20970 Views)

Army Launches Operation Crocodile Smile In Cross River, Ayade Rocks Army Uniform / Soldiers Arrive Taraba Over Attacks On Fulanis By Militia Group (Photos) / Civilian Joint Task Force Jubilate After A 3-Day Operation In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by Yusman316(m): 1:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
eleojo24:

Why does he need to be slow in reacting to violent attacks that involves loss of human life?

What mistake will he make in taking quick action against those perpetrating the evil?

There is no excuse for his incompetence and subtle support for his kinsmen.
When people were being killed right, left & center in Syria why didn't U.S go in gun blazing and just start shooting at terrorists, but ve to wait some years before they went in. Because they re learning from previous mistakes of not taking stock before acting. The person crying foul might be complicit in what is happening or even started it. It's not always the person that reports a case to police that is right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by jaymichael(m): 2:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
Cyynthialove:
Nigerian army will only target the poor Christians in those communities as usual rather than.Fulani terrorist

buhari is a Muslim
buhari is a terrorist
buharri stop killing Christians
Let the Army begin their exercise first then we judge the result. When the Government was slow to deploy the Army to these trouble zones, you lots cried that the government should have deployed the military, now they are deploying the military, you still cry. Is it that your wailing is ready made.

4 Likes

Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by Annnonymous: 2:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
12submarine:

Honestly, I don't like this Buhari’s administration, but if you see some people's comments, you will wonder if they left their phones where goats easily locate them.

My brother, e taya me fa. I'm not saying they should be mute or gullible, but at least criticize sensibly and constructively
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by GMBuhari: 2:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
Cyynthialove:
Nigerian army will only target the poor Christians in those communities as usual rather than.Fulani terrorist

buhari is a Muslim
buhari is a terrorist

You people are eternally stupid

You were crying if it's IPOB Buhari will send soldiers now that he has you are complaining that hell kill Christians

2 Likes

Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by 12submarine(m): 2:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
enjoy1100:
My wife took my phone and deleted Jane's number and saved her number as Jane.
You see, someone had tipped my wife off about my side chick, Jane. I then got an SMS from Jane asking for N5,000 airtime. I rushed to the recharge card outlet, bought the airtime, and sent it to Jane. She did not acknowledge receipt of the airtime.
When I was relaxing at home after work, I kept wondering if Jane had received the airtime. I sent her an SMS to find out if she had received the airtime. Her response was, "Call me now".
I got out of the house to make the call. You can imagine my horror when my wife answered!
Damn... Shame is killing me here. I'm still sitting outside.....
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by Toktee(m): 2:02pm On Feb 07, 2018
eleojo24:

Why does he need to be slow in reacting to violent attacks that involves loss of human life?

What mistake will he make in taking quick action against those perpetrating the evil?

There is no excuse for his incompetence and subtle support for his kinsmen.
I don't blame pmb for this one,he asked brutari to deploy,the useless he goat called idriss protested that he was incharged,now this shows clearly that idris is a failure.
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by misgab: 2:06pm On Feb 07, 2018
a simple waste of tax payers money. just a way of punishing people for crying out against herders. what is the intelligence gathering unit of the army, DMI. DIA & MP doing. is a shame
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by jaymichael(m): 2:06pm On Feb 07, 2018
fineguy11:
lets see how many killer headsman will be arrested after this operation.
True! That is what we should judge. Those trouble makers who rustle cows leading to reprisals should also be dealt with.

1 Like

Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by 12submarine(m): 2:07pm On Feb 07, 2018
Annnonymous:

My brother, e taya me fa. I'm not saying they should be mute or gullible, but at least criticize sensibly and constructively
Just imagine comment like this one below. These are the types of comments ridiculing intelligent analyses of Buhari’s failure. Are we not the same people asking why army was not deployed to the troubled places? Now what is he saying? I sometimes feel ashame of being in the same side with these ones honestly.

Cyynthialove:

buhari is a Muslim
buhari is a terrorist

1 Like

Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by Dollabiz: 2:10pm On Feb 07, 2018
Good
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by koolaid87: 2:13pm On Feb 07, 2018
Herdsmen/farmer clash

Call it what it is..

Herdsmen Killing
Herdsmen atrocities
Herdsmen's terrorist attack

I swear Fulani ti take over...everybody just dey fear them. Even the army self no fit go straight.

God will Punish you Buhari, if truly Allah exists, you will end up in hell(Inshallah)

God punish all Fulani herdsmen and their maniac supporters.
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by timota(m): 2:15pm On Feb 07, 2018
Just because the benue gov asked the people to defend themselves against the herdsmen ,the army now wants to intervene knowing fully well that it wont be funny with the herdsmen

2 Likes

Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by jayjaykwj: 2:15pm On Feb 07, 2018
DONSMITH123:
The Nigerian Army said on Wednesday that it will begin Exercise Ayem Akpatuma covering Benue, Taraba, Kogi, Nasarawa, Kaduna and Niger states in order to tackle the cases of kidnappings, herdsmen/farmers’ clashes among others.

The Chief of Training and Operations, Maj Gen David Ahmadu, who announced this in Abuja on behalf of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai, said the exercise would run from February 15 to March 31, 2018.

According to the army, Exercise Ayem Akpatuma, which is said to be the Tiv language for Cat race, will involve raids, cordon and search operations, road blocks, show of force and checkpoints.

Details later….

http://punchng.com/breaking-herdsmen-killings-army-launches-44-day-operation-in-benue-taraba/
story for the gods
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by Emperormartin(m): 2:27pm On Feb 07, 2018
They're coming to attack the State militias especially the ones in taraba n benue states...
Buhari doesn't have sound advisers
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by Shaev7(m): 2:30pm On Feb 07, 2018
I hope they are just in their operations.
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by joey150(m): 2:40pm On Feb 07, 2018
Factfinder1:
lipsrsealed it won't ever be as serious as the one in south east I bet they will end up killing and arresting Benue citizens instead of herds man....Islamic rulership

First it was no military presence in Benue. Now there is, the story has changed.

Until you all call things for what they are, put your tribalism and sentiments aside and think straight, nothing will work in Nigeria.

Instead of calling for the right thing to be done, you keep comparing. Igbo people and delusion. By the way, i am Igbo, but i despise the attitude of your likes.

1 Like

Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by butterfly777(m): 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2018
The people should be very wise in accpeting this move. I suspect the army may come in, comb the houses of the innocent residents of any little arms they may have to protect themselves. Then the millitary will leave after the operation, for the fulani jihadists to come in and hae a free day sluttering the defenseless natives.I dont trust the Nigerian army.

1 Like

Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by baralatie(m): 3:10pm On Feb 07, 2018
DONSMITH123:
The Nigerian Army said on Wednesday that it will begin Exercise Ayem Akpatuma covering Benue, Taraba, Kogi, Nasarawa, Kaduna and Niger states in order to tackle the cases of kidnappings, herdsmen/farmers’ clashes among others.

The Chief of Training and Operations, Maj Gen David Ahmadu, who announced this in Abuja on behalf of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai, said the exercise would run from February 15 to March 31, 2018.

According to the army, Exercise Ayem Akpatuma, which is said to be the Tiv language for Cat race, will involve raids, cordon and search operations, road blocks, show of force and checkpoints.

Details later….

http://punchng.com/breaking-herdsmen-killings-army-launches-44-day-operation-in-benue-taraba/
it is rather unfortunate and telling in the stance and body language of the president.
Mr president and the whole security agency were against the gov of Benue on the attacks.
Mr president GOES to nasarawa (which blames the gov for the attacks) and pays glowing tributes to nasarawa state and says there should be NO reprisal attacks on the herdsmen irrespective if an attack should occur issues an order for tye arrests of anybidy in POSSESSION of a weapons later heads back to abuja.Gov of Benue
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by alohman(m): 3:16pm On Feb 07, 2018
they have have come to protect headmens. God is watching.
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by buhariguy(m): 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2018
Cyynthialove:

buhari is a Muslim
buhari is a terrorist
just thank God you on-net. If not

1 Like

Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by Turantula(m): 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2018
jaymichael:
True! That is what we should judge. Those trouble makers who rustle cows leading to reprisals should also be dealt with.
God punish you with ur mouth like rustle cows. Are you a cow? We r talking human life you are talking cow.
SHITHOLE country!

1 Like

Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by McCobble(m): 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
IkpuNnu:

In fact they have lost Kano, Jigawa, sokoto and Mali..

Keyboard INEC
Bossman, I hear you oh!
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by McCobble(m): 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2018
magoo10:
they thought they were doing the people ,useless govt
Boss the Government is not useless, they just need to give way for superior ideas.
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by Heffalump(m): 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2018
I smell a rat!

Medicine after Death. ....when people have been killed and buried in hundreds
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by jaymichael(m): 3:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
Turantula:

God punish you with ur mouth like rustle cows. Are you a cow? We r talking human life you are talking cow.
SHITHOLE country!
Go play for shit idiot, as you live in a shithole. It is you, your father and your generation that God will punish. When sane people discuss serious matter, demented idiots like you with rotten brain always find joy to troll and derail the the discussion.
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by Castanea(m): 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2018
They should concentrate on Benue-Nasarawa border. That is where they will surely meet Fulani herdsmen.
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by cuteshark: 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2018
GIGM Management sent this broadcast about the fake news..... Please ignore all posts the "claimed" Ogun abi Igbinedion attack with audio or so!

God is good motors not attacked by herdsmen. Please ignore the audio recording alleging herdsmen attack. Pictures being shared along side are from years ago and have nothing to do with GIGM. Individuals should desist from spreading fake news, capable of tarnishing a brand knowingly or unknowingly and causing civil unrest in the nation.
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by Awoleesu(m): 3:53pm On Feb 07, 2018
manmoraskk:
Peaple asked baba why he slow, baba answered it’s better to be slow than make mistakes. Good move sir,,, God bless Nigeria.
Even in his sluggishness grave mistakes abound...
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by InMyOpinion(m): 4:17pm On Feb 07, 2018
bloodmoneyspita:
don't hide your weapons at home, once the army leave the herdsmen will come back...

the army is coming to clear the way for the herdsmen.

Samuel ortom the governor of benue state said DEFEND YASELF.

GBAM!
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by jamesachile2: 4:36pm On Feb 07, 2018
in my own opinion I think the operation is to mop up the arms and ammunitions bought by the TIV to defend themselves and make them vulnerable to deadly attack by this callous herdsmen.
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by georgedaniel01(m): 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Who told you the Army is going there for Herdmen..please open ya eyes well

Don't be that dumb, they have told the Herdsmen to zoom off!
Re: Army Launches 44-Day Operation In Benue, Taraba Over Herdsmen Killings by gidado14(m): 4:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
NairaMaster1:
To protect their people. Their target will be the local vigilante.

since Your God Kanu now knws what is happing next why didn't he tell us he was going to Run like a fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2016 Budget: A Budget Of Change Or A Budget Of Burden? / Wike Hands Over New Federal High Court Complex To Chief Judge Of Federal Court(p / Oshiomhole: Sagay Says Buhari’s Silence Fueling More Crisis In APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.