Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,093 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" (44268 Views)

Video+Pictures :Crowd Welcome Buhari To Enugu / Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP / Lagosians Line Up To Welcome Buhari In Lagos Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by DWJOBScom(m): 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2018
Well said!

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by DoTheNeedful: 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2018
He should have even sent a permanent secretary from one obscure ministry to represent him. angry

7 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Authoreety: 4:26pm On Feb 07, 2018
H
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Castanea(m): 4:26pm On Feb 07, 2018
He was not supposed to go to Nasarawa.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by KrystosCJ(m): 4:27pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ortom did not play politics. For the very first time, a governor showed that president that he is a father to his people in action, and not by cheap words.

PMB = hypocritical senile political miscreant.

4 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by matgold(m): 4:30pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ok
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by nsesam(m): 4:31pm On Feb 07, 2018
Bad governors have advise you, thank God you've worken up. You must be a radical to survive in this country. Kudos

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by rewarder: 4:31pm On Feb 07, 2018
For the first time, someone is taken a bold step against this nomadic president.... God bless u sir...May the blood of those that are being killed daily b on your head.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by bezimo(m): 4:31pm On Feb 07, 2018
Topccy007:
Great reason!

That is what a true leader does. Not like Buhari that will be flying upandan to other countries when his is on fire.
Buhari doesn't deserve your welcome

He's as useless as a used sanitary pad.

Absolutely

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 07, 2018
TheFreeOne:

Because he has experienced the abilities of his people's enemies.

No man should ever display his bravery unless he is prepared for battle, nor bear the marks of defiance, until he has experienced the abilities of his enemy.
-Hitopadesa

Hitopadesa had no idea of what is called Nuclear Weapon, he definitely had no knowledge that there will ever be Rapid Auto and recoil mechanisms in Machine Guns. No one needs bravery to kill in this generation. The most lazy coward can bring down a truckload of soldiers with the right combination of drugs in his system.

So, will you now agree with me that Hitopadesa's assertion was not for this generation and hence, holds untrue or you will defiantly debate this issue just to massage your educated ego, that sees no imperfection in written words ? Yet most lies are typed over the internet in a brazen attack called 419, yet we believe every damn quote written on pieces of papers simply because they are packaged expensively ?

May we realize that we are the future of the men of old, their dreams, now our present is their future which they hoped for, and we are that future of theirs, we are them in different bodies. And their words and records are ours to break. Yet we give credence to the past and pretend to be wise in upholding a static past over a future of possibilities.

Hitopadesa was wise, but that statement is no longer valid.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Onyex65: 4:33pm On Feb 07, 2018
ettybaba:
Buhari is too small to be welcome by your deputy.
You should have sent a councillor.
hajahaajajjahahhaha

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by freeze001(f): 4:34pm On Feb 07, 2018
He should have sent a Commissioner or one Special Assistant/Adviser.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by donnie(m): 4:34pm On Feb 07, 2018
owoicho13:
Benue State governor, Samuel Ortom, has explained why he did not go to neighboruing Nasarawa State to welcome President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday. 

Many critics were wondering why Ortom failed to welcome the president, who doubles as his party leader at the event but rather sent his deputy, Benson Abounu to represent him.

Ortom in a swift reaction said he could not leave his people who were being killed by the marauding herdsmen to welcome the president, hence his reason to send his deputy to represent him.

He said, “I was invited by my colleague from Nasarawa state over the visit of the President. As a mark of honour and respect for his office and that of the president, I have sent my deputy to represent me because I cannot leave the state when my people are being killed.”

https://www.benuepress.com/2018/02/gov-ortom-reveals-why-he-refuse-to-welcome-buhari-in-lafia/

Ayade would have been on the next aircraft to Abuja enroute Nasarawa.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Chiedu4Trump: 4:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
MrMcJay:

grin grin

They should have sent forest guards to welcome him.
Forest guard too much, I for just send menguard

ettybaba:
Buhari is too small to be welcome by your deputy.
You should have sent a councillor.
Are you mad?
Send which Councillor?

Dem for send MenGuard. grin

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Hargbo(m): 4:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
Everybody that have commented above are absolutely right except the guy that said Buhari was an adopted child

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by benuejosh: 4:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
Haganah:
Now this is the Benue people I know.

Lion hearted and bold people.

The Igbos(plus our brothers in the SS), Ijaws, and Benue(Tiv, Egede, Gboko, etc) are the formidable allies the rest of Nigeria remain scared of.

The other ones from the West...lols.
smiles, you tried, it is Igede not Egede and Gboko is a Tiv Local Government. And Yes, Benue people are warriors. The Tiv King is known, called and referred to as a Father LION . And remember a lion can't give birth to sheep.

3 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
Defection loading

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by mema900: 4:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
I love that bold response

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Aimnet: 4:38pm On Feb 07, 2018
Well done Mr. Governor but remember one day one day monkey will go market and Eno go come back, time shall tell

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Comrsum: 4:40pm On Feb 07, 2018
You try but that shouldn't be excuse for salary bros. Try pay salary to the state and fucose your works.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by buhariguy(m): 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2018
What useless governor

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Ken4agent(m): 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2018
What stop him from visiting Benue too??

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Mejor79(m): 4:42pm On Feb 07, 2018
Reason supported.
Even the President in his inner heart will acknowledge your boldness.
Only does oaks around him will see something wrong on your decision.

Moreover, Wike come condolence if you traveled you would have missed the N200million, which PMB will not give you in Lafiya.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by josdain1234: 4:44pm On Feb 07, 2018
I love my Governor for his bold step. History will not forget you. We dont even need Buhari in Benue any more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by emeka2847: 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2018
"My people" wey you no gree pay salary for 11 months grin
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Motion123(m): 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2018
My governor brain has being reset, he is now thinking well. His eyes is open, no more dancing to the mainstream politics

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by chukwunedu77: 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2018
noted!
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by emeka2847: 4:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
Do you mind the mumu. He has found a joker for scoring cheap political points after failing to develop his people and pay salary for more than two years

buhariguy:
What useless governor

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by dahirub08(m): 4:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
You don't know what you are dealing with until the the day of your sorrow begin. I stand with Buhari at all cost.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by emeka2847: 4:56pm On Feb 07, 2018
All the governor's that got the president to visit them didn't insult him in the media to gain support from people they have failed. They didn't invite him through the media

Ken4agent:
What stop him from visiting Benue too??
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2018
Topccy007:
Great reason!

That is what a true leader does. Not like Buhari that will be flying upandan to other countries when his is on fire.
Buhari doesn't deserve your welcome

He's as useless as a used sanitary pad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Approves Re-Organization Of Nigeria Police Force. Create 5 Zonal Commands / Moses Dickson's Ex-Girlfriend, Emoh Adoga Stalks Him For Marriage (Pics) / FG Introduces Automated Payment Of Salaries, Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.