Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" (44271 Views)

Video+Pictures :Crowd Welcome Buhari To Enugu / Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP / Lagosians Line Up To Welcome Buhari In Lagos Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by adecz: 4:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
To go welcome him in another State??

If he can't come to Benue, you shouldn't
even have sent your deputy...

Arrant nonsense!!! embarassed angry

3 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by emeka2847: 5:03pm On Feb 07, 2018
All the governors (including a PDP governor in the SE) that got the president to visit them didn't insult him in the media to gain support from people they have failed. They didn't invite him through the media

KrystosCJ:
Ortom did not play politics. For the very first time, a governor showed that president that he is a father to his people in action, and not by cheap words.

PMB = hypocritical senile political miscreant.
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 07, 2018
Haganah:
Now this is the Benue people I know.

Lion hearted and bold people.

The Igbos(plus our brothers in the SS), Ijaws, and Benue(Tiv, Egede, Gboko, etc) are the formidable allies the rest of Nigeria remain scared of.

The other ones from the West...lols.
In 1999, the south east, south south and north central backed a candidate (obj) and he won the presidency. The south west and core north backed the Olu falae/ shinkafi alliance and couldn't win.
If the south east, south south and north central enter into any alliance, they will win.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by ojtech8291: 5:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
At last, my Governor has shown a good sense of diplomacy. A toad will never understand the difference between hot water and cold water until it jumps into the hot water. He is now wise. cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by MallamYahaya(m): 5:08pm On Feb 07, 2018
geostar:
Greetings to everyone, i am actually in need of financial assistance to complete my school fee, i am a student of ambrose alli university edo state (AAU), a year 3 student, i do pay #98,500 yearly.
I had been able to get #70,000.
No amount is to small, i will so much appreciate any little financial assistance from anybody.
Bank details Godwin eguaoise
Diamondbank 0020746334.
For proof add me on whatapp 08161863070
God bless you all

Can you send proof that you are a student to: naijatopics@gmail.com?
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by asamaigho(m): 5:13pm On Feb 07, 2018
The insensitivity of buhari is to the high heavens.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Uncleodi(m): 5:16pm On Feb 07, 2018
End of an era

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by millionboi2: 5:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
geostar:
Greetings to everyone, i am actually in need of financial assistance to complete my school fee, i am a student of ambrose alli university edo state (AAU), a year 3 student, i do pay #98,500 yearly.
I had been able to get #70,000.
No amount is to small, i will so much appreciate any little financial assistance from anybody.
Bank details Godwin eguaoise
Diamondbank 0020746334.
For proof add me on whatapp 08161863070
God bless you all
must u go to university?

U must b selfish
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by mormoney85(m): 5:28pm On Feb 07, 2018
grin grin cheesy grin grin
ettybaba:
Buhari is too small to be welcome by your deputy.
You should have sent a councillor.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Charly68: 5:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
Benue has gone to PDP again..good for the tactless ruling party..it is just a matter of time,the lion will be sent back to village

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Dicksonpal: 5:40pm On Feb 07, 2018
Haganah:
Now this is the Benue people I know.

Lion hearted and bold people.

The Igbos(plus our brothers in the SS), Ijaws, and Benue(Tiv, Egede, Gboko, etc) are the formidable allies the rest of Nigeria remain scared of.

The other ones from the West...lols.
pls South West too

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by donttouch: 5:44pm On Feb 07, 2018
mbaboy:
To welcome a man who values cows more than human being is an abominable act. 2019 he must go back to Daura

He is not going back anywhere. Maybe you are new to Nigerian politics. By the time Tinubu resume his duty as the newly appointed Chairman Reconciliation Committee, my brothers from Southwest will change their comments into CHANGE. SAI BABA 2019.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Mcreloaded(m): 5:50pm On Feb 07, 2018
Another lion heart Fayose in the making

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Napoleon27(m): 5:52pm On Feb 07, 2018
This doesn't make sense biko!
Where the deputy governor is, there is the governor!
If he really was trying to boycott the invitation to welcome the president because of the killings, then neither his deputy should be there. Besides, if he is sending his deputy, is he not sending him to represent the state and himself (the governor)
It's still hypocrisy! Foul play! #Yimu

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by amnesty7: 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2018
Topccy007:
Great reason!

That is what a true leader does. Not like Buhari that will be flying upandan to other countries when his is on fire.
Buhari doesn't deserve your welcome

He's as useless as a used sanitary pad.
The fact that his deputy was there meant Benue State was officially there. Twisted logic to deceive mumus.
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by deebrownneymar: 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ortom is a good governor. He won't play politics with the lives of his people.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by luvprince4real(m): 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
I am begining to like this man. The lives of his people is more important to him. More boldnes sir.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by TheFreeOne: 6:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
Billyonaire:

Hitopadesa had no idea of what is called Nuclear Weapon, he definitely had no knowledge that there will ever be Rapid Auto and recoil mechanisms in Machine Guns. No one needs bravery to kill in this generation. The most lazy coward can bring down a truckload of soldiers with the right combination of drugs in his system.

So, do you now assume Hitopadesa's assertion was not for this generation and hence, holds untrue or you will defiantly debate this issue just to maintain your educated ego, that sees no imperfection in written words ? Yet most lies are typed over the internet in a brazen attack called 419, yet we believe every damn quote written on pieces of papers simply because they are packaged expensively ?

May we realize that we are the future of the men of old, their dreams, now our present and their future which they hoped for, we are and their words and records are ours to break. Yet we give credence to the past and pretend to be wise in upholding a static past over a future of possibilities.

Hitopadesa was wise, but that statement is no longer valid.

It's obvious your response shows you didn't grasp the essence of that quote vis-à-vis the topic and the situation at hand in Benue particularly the person of Governor Ortom.

The nairalander I quoted said Ortom has braced up.
So like others who noted he's becoming brave/defiant.
The question then is how come this sudden bravery cos many have accused him of being Hausa Fulani lackey?

It's because of the killings of which he seems helpless despite efforts by him in reaching out to authorities both the presidency and security agencies as we've read in the media most especially on this forum. Likewise other events and responses from some northern leaders who heaped most of the blame on him cos of the anti grazing law.
Thereby he realized the abilities of 'his enemies' in using state power to their own advantage which we are all aware of by non arrests of these militia terrorists herdsmen and their Miyetti Allah leaders.

Such realization can only emboldened him for the political battle ahead which may leave him and Benue leaders no option than to realign forces with the south and possibly join the PDP cos there seems to be a rift between him and the Fulani presidency considering the kind of politics prevalent in this country.

I'll advice you read in context of the situation before jumping to conclusions on certain issues.
But as much as I won't dispute our abilities in this generation to break records in all sectors be it weaponry, medicine e.t.c I'm still convinced Hitopadesa quote is very much valid in the context of the topic at hand.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Splashme: 6:38pm On Feb 07, 2018
Topccy007:
Great reason!

That is what a true leader does. Not like Buhari that will be flying upandan to other countries when his is on fire.
Buhari doesn't deserve your welcome

He's as useless as a used sanitary pad.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Rayton(m): 6:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
Not like South West people...

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Rayton(m): 6:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
Unlike Southwest

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by VERON01: 6:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
U should av sent d cattle to welcome him

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 7:14pm On Feb 07, 2018
DIKEnaWAR:
Ortom was one of the worst performing Governors until the killings happened! Now his sins has been forgiven and a 2nd term looks like a sure banker.

Buhari's stvpidity has been to the advantage of a lot of people. if they had handled the killings with tact, Ortom wouldn't have had the kind of support he does from his people.

My advice to Benue people is to vote Buhari and Ortom out together. They are two sides to a bad coin.

Youthuu like u nor common.

Your sense gallant well.

Whenever I come across good and sensible imput, I applaud.
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 07, 2018
SalamRushdie:
I wonder why he even sent his deputy because the only thing Buhari deserves to be welcomed with from Benue is a dirty slap

Supported angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by kaffyadeakeem(f): 7:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
My governor of the year......Salary can be paid as arrears but the dead can come back again.....Ride on the people's governor
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Philinho(m): 7:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
If you can shun your godfathers like Akume in this manner, Workers will be paid on time n majority will follow You
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by FreeBiafra2018(m): 7:55pm On Feb 07, 2018
Believe me, that terrorist and his agents has concluded plans to either poison or kill Otom by any other possible means for failing to adhere to the instructions given to him by the terrorist not to publicize the mass burial of the 75 people killed on new year period by his terrorists foot soldiers. The lion in Rivers State may have intimated Otom not to even think of thinking about going there. Now the battle line is drawn.
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Iyou: 8:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nice one Mr Governor
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
ettybaba:
Buhari is too small to be welcome by your deputy.
You should have sent a councillor.
Janitor is more like it!

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by godisgreat4lyf: 9:50pm On Feb 07, 2018
With great empathy, I sincerely sympathize with good people of Benue, our president is not a father, no strong directive, no condemnation, he is being pirochia about the whole issue. He should send Army as he did to other tribe .but Benue voted against transformation agent.
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Ochuksbaba(m): 9:50pm On Feb 07, 2018
why send a whoooolle deputy?? he should have a sent a village town crier instead,,,,,,he should send a strong message to d party hierarchy by decamping to PDP sharpaly
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by U2077(m): 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2018
thank goodness u finally found your balls imagine to commission a mere secondary school in this 21st century

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“Northerners Are Not Parasites, We Discovered Oil” – NCM / What I Saw In Umuahia, Abia State Last Week (picture) / President Jonathan And Mother Casting Their Votes In Otuoke Ward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.