Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

How IBB Informed Me Of Police Declaration – Afegbua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How IBB Informed Me Of Police Declaration – Afegbua (880 Views)

Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement / IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB / How Ibb,obasanjo,abacha,shared Nigeria's Oil Wells!!when Is Our Freedom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How IBB Informed Me Of Police Declaration – Afegbua by AnotherZik: 8:23am On Feb 08, 2018
Former military president, Ibrahim Babangida’s official spokesman, Prince Kassim Afegbua, yesterday disclosed that it was the former president who called to inform him that he has wanted by the police.

He however added that Babangida was surprised and wondered why the police declared him wanted when he is not a criminal.

Afegbua reported at the Force Headquarters, in Abuja at about 10:10am on Wednesday after the police declared him wanted for writing a disputed statement on behalf of Babangida.

He had on Sunday signed the statement for Babangida in which the former military ruler expressed misgivings about the President Muhammadu Buhari administration and called for a younger leader to emerge in 2019.

However, a counter statement purportedly signed by Babangida was released few hours after the earlier statement made it to the media, which adopted a conciliatory tone in its observations about the Buhari administration but maintained that it was time for a younger generation of leaders to emerge.

Following this development, the police declared Afegbua wanted “for making false statements, injurious falsehood, defamation of character and for act capable of inciting public disturbance throughout the country”.

He turned up at the Louis Edet House in Abuja, accompanied by his legal team, led by his lead counsel, Dr. Kayode Ajulo.

Speaking with newsmen shortly before entering the Louis Edet House, Afegbua maintained that Babangida was fully in support of the statement and is standing solidly behind him.

His words, “the former president is fully behind me and he has been in touch with me. There’s no need for him to say anything more than he has already said.

Read more: https://newsworth.ng/ibb-informed-police-declaration-afegbua/

1 Like

Re: How IBB Informed Me Of Police Declaration – Afegbua by stefanweeks: 8:26am On Feb 08, 2018
The NPF is the most incompetent in Africa.

5 Likes

Re: How IBB Informed Me Of Police Declaration – Afegbua by Omeokachie: 9:02am On Feb 08, 2018
Instead of the police going after those that purportedly issued the second and unauthorized statement, they decided to go after the person who issued the correct one, but whose content they do not like as it criticises their paymaster

5 Likes

Re: How IBB Informed Me Of Police Declaration – Afegbua by Jamiubond009(m): 9:28am On Feb 08, 2018
K
Re: How IBB Informed Me Of Police Declaration – Afegbua by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:56am On Feb 08, 2018
Does Nigerians still have IGP?

That stupid man has turned blind eye to the killings happening everywhere and has turned to Buhari's personal lap dog!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How IBB Informed Me Of Police Declaration – Afegbua by yarimo(m): 9:58am On Feb 08, 2018
OBASANJO and IBB Can only pull GEJ And PDP from power.
( 1) both men belong to PDP

(2) GEJ as president doesn't know why he was president, so it is very easy to manipulate and pull him down

(3) both men are not members of APC and president BUHARI knows why is president of Nigeria. The difference is very clear
Re: How IBB Informed Me Of Police Declaration – Afegbua by obiZEAL(m): 10:01am On Feb 08, 2018
Nigeria is on SOS

2 Likes

Re: How IBB Informed Me Of Police Declaration – Afegbua by dlondonbadboy: 10:06am On Feb 08, 2018
Buhari is really confused...Baba, calm down,contest and be disgraced!!

2 Likes

Re: How IBB Informed Me Of Police Declaration – Afegbua by SicilianMafia: 10:54am On Feb 08, 2018
Lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Didn’t Promise Rosy Change – APC, Endorses President For Second Term / Tinubu Tackles Saraki Over Valentine Dressing / Rex Tillerson Left The Broom And Met The Broom- Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.