Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:39 AM

For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? (1196 Views)

Things Smart, Single Men Look For In A Woman / Letter To Single Men From Single Ladies / Why Do Single Women Date Married Men Why ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by chukatony(m): 1:04pm On Apr 20, 2010
I have nothing i would say is definitely what i want in a relationship, beauty, color, education. As long as i found her incredibly attractive and i could not just stop. Once the seriousness is seen after the first contact, i give every opportunity. I know for sure both will grow into being acceptable to each others limitations when it comes to character etc, certainly understanding must come in either from the man or woman while the other will follow suit in every matured mind knowing that life is a learning process in general.

Am due for marriage but am scared of telling her we can be until death do us apart. Marriage and life as designed in my mind is all about providing comfort for oneself , being there when support is needed in all angle. I want to be seeing myself where i should be. That is my fear.
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 20, 2010
I don't even want to think of it.
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by amyg(f): 4:31pm On Apr 20, 2010
Dats y u r a chipmunkey
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 20, 2010
Belive me i don't like to think of it. started reconsidering my stance towards marriage cos i really don't feel to do it anytime soon and i won't bow to any pressure from anywhere. My boss still discussed it with me last night. Saying i'm old enough to have a wife. I answered that i'm not in a hurry. Decisions like that are critical to me. I have lots of reservations i may not divulge now,
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by amyg(f): 7:06pm On Apr 20, 2010
U should b stamped"off d market"bt funny enough u 'v a f-cking mate.chronic bachelor
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 20, 2010
Chronic indeed. grin
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by yme1(f): 9:33pm On Apr 20, 2010
not everyone wants commitment undecided
so @poster
you need to conquer your fear and make sure you are ready before going into it
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by saintneo(m): 10:34pm On Apr 20, 2010
the need to sample more!

and it isnt possible to sample all before death

thus some men remain bachelors for life - sampling every skirt
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by indie22(f): 4:41am On Apr 21, 2010
Not all single men, a few shallow ones tho, the minute the relationship starts getting deep and serious, they then start going all funny, looking for flimsy excuses why they can't commit. Like "my mother doesn't like her" or "she no sabi cook egusi soup"

Nonsense!!!
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 21, 2010
Hey! what about Girls who are just looking for a man to marry them. They just want someone to hook as soon as possible. Someone they can put their liabilities on. They don't think of what they are bringing to the Table. We all accept the role of a man as a bread winner, but there are Roles a woman are supposed to play and unfortunately only a few of 'em knows this and can stand up to that Role. Guyz out there ain't fools.
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by fubiluv: 8:52am On Apr 21, 2010
Most Single Men are afraid of commitment.
And i don"t know why,but they will not also like to loss that same girl they are afraid to Engage.
That confuses me.
Most men need to grow up else they will end up losing the good girls. smiley
SINGLE MEN GROW UP!!!!!!! tongue
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by mexxyaaron(m): 12:28pm On Apr 21, 2010
@FUNLUV, AM A YOUNG MAN AND I KINDA LIKE UR POST,BUT HOPE U KNOW ITS NOT EASY SETTLING DOWN.CAN WE TALK PRIVATELY IF U DONT MIND PLS
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by mexxyaaron(m): 12:32pm On Apr 21, 2010
@funviluv , can we talk privately text me ur phone number or email add pls o8020822284
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by Hotchyk(f): 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2010
mexxyaaron:

@funviluv , can we talk privately text me your phone number or email add pls o8020822284
Ashawo!
mexxyaaron:

@FUNLUV, AM A YOUNG MAN AND I KINDA LIKE your POST,BUT HOPE U KNOW ITS NOT EASY SETTLING DOWN.CAN WE TALK PRIVATELY IF U DONT MIND PLS
she no dey do!
fubiluv:

Most Single Men are afraid of commitment.
And i don"t know why,but they will not also like to loss that same girl they are afraid to Engage.
That confuses me.
Most men need to grow up else they will end up losing the good girls. smiley
SINGLE MEN GROW UP!!!!!!! tongue
true talk,gurl. no mind that trojan horse wey dey shadow you,he's just like the rest of them
chipmunkey:

Hey! what about Girls who are just looking for a man to marry them. They just want someone to hook as soon as possible. Someone they can put their liabilities on. They don't think of what they are bringing to the Table. We all accept the role of a man as a bread winner, but there are Roles a woman are supposed to play and unfortunately only a few of 'em knows this and can stand up to that Role. Guyz out there ain't fools.
pele o!
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by snthesis(m): 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2010
definition of commitment:The official act of consigning a person to confinement (as in a prison or mental hospital)
now is that not sumtin a guy should be scared of.
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by bjcisse: 3:31pm On Apr 21, 2010
We need to be double sure of the person we are engaging. some ladies fake it. Pretend. enter house finish, then one finger no fit enter dem again
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by fubiluv: 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2010
Pls Mexxyaaron am not interested in any private talk.
Good luck. cool
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by mexxyaaron(m): 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2010
@funbiluv , what seems to be the problem,am not kidnapping so dont get scared .ok
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by na2day2(m): 4:25am On Apr 22, 2010
chukatony:

I have nothing i would say is definitely what i want in a relationship, beauty, color, education. As long as i found her incredibly attractive and i could not just stop. Once the seriousness is seen after the first contact, i give every opportunity. I know for sure both will grow into being acceptable to each others limitations when it comes to character etc, certainly understanding must come in either from the man or woman while the other will follow suit in every matured mind knowing that life is a learning process in general.

Am due for marriage but am scared of telling her we can be until death do us apart. Marriage and life as designed in my mind is all about providing comfort for oneself , being there when support is needed in all angle. I want to be seeing myself where i should be. That is my fear.

so said i was scared of commitment? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed to be honest, most women smile so nice until u see the other side and u ask urself why take the risk of living with this one for the rest of ur life? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed i honest have a strong feeling of just adopting one or 2 boys and train them as my kids rather have to deal with a woman who will nag all day, but hopefully i will be able to get over this thought sha cry cry cry cry
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by kpolli(m): 2:35pm On Apr 22, 2010
i am not afraid of commitment
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 22, 2010
@Hotchyk, believe me i'll know it just when i meet the right person.
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by lordkrato(m): 12:27am On Apr 23, 2010
pls hotchyk stop bashing the guys and contribute something cool enough, the guys have fears,that does not make them "Shag and Nag bachelors", grin grin grin just like gitrls that won't date a poor guy but never refunds the airtime he sends to them, such is life cry cry cry cry
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by chukatony(m): 12:55pm On Apr 23, 2010
Thank you all for the wonderful posts, my brain have been made opened to more knowledge by the posts. However, i think its important to be a relationship expert, defined the relationship and pay the required attention to the best of your ability, remember to be natural, don't fake your personality anything at all and above all, it is always very good to have the desire for commitment before thinking of courtship and dating, zero your mind on all the fears of changes and rest of them because they must come. Note that you are in charge of what you feel, think and act and hence, you can be influential to the extent that the only option would be to abide to each others likes and dislikes for the peace and joy both of you desired, its a matter of understanding.

How different when a marriage has been built on the right foundation and is harmonious. The husband serves his wife and the wife her husband, each the other joyfully, of their own free wills. They grow older side by side, ennobling one another, and smiling at all mundane trials. Such a marriage is a gain for life. In such happiness lies the guarantee for the upward flight, not only of the individuals, but for all humanity.
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by GboyegaD(m): 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2010
@OP,
I really don't know what to say but I think guys who are scared of making commitments are like that because of their selfish reasons and some their upbringing. For those who grew up in a home, they are not always scared mainly because they grew up to know the sweetness and joy embedded in marriage however, for those who did not, they are always thinking women are trouble.
Although, sometimes it is delayed and not because such guys are selfish, it is only because they are yet to meet the right person / partner.
In conclusion, I will advise that before you go into a relationship, try to define what you expect so that when it is getting deep there won't be reasons to be scared of commitment as you would have known that was where your plans were headed to from the beginning.
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 24, 2010
, @poster, they cant let me b in the office cos
of my single status, the more they bug me wit it
the more i dread marriage grin
abeg i tire, gilrfriends just full everywhere
but wife material scarce die lipsrsealed
Re: For Single Men Only. Why Do Single Men Fear Commitment? by nethacker(m): 6:39am On Apr 24, 2010
obilizy:

, @poster, they cant let me b in the office cos
of my single status, the more they bug me wit it
the more i dread marriage grin
abeg i tire, gilrfriends just full everywhere
but wife material scarce die lipsrsealed
+1. we r together,

(1) (Reply)

All Yeh Single Ladies: Guess Why You Go Tay For Yah Papa House?:d / How To Determine If Your Dealing With An Eventual Wife Or Just A Jumpoff / HEEELLLLPPPPP Am In Love With This Igbo Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.