Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. (23914 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Jman06(m): 8:21am On Feb 11, 2018
And how is that our business

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by DavidEsq(m): 8:21am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
EVEN IF PASTOR USE MY TITHE TO PLAY GAMBLE, I WILL CONTINUE TO PAY. I can only pay through pastor, i didnt pay to pastor. as far i enjoy and bein bless through it. Nomatter what any #frizzar say dat is ur problem.
No one is disputing that with u. All we are saying is dat since "All scripture is inspired by God and therefore beneficial for doctrines, teaching, setting straight and reproving in righteousness", on wat scripture is tithe paying based in present day? Especially bearing in mind Hebrews 7:12 and Hebrews 8:13. While on earth, Jesus Christ never resorted to his opinion. Rather, he based his opinions and responses on the scriptures. Moreso, 1 Peter 3:15 tells us how to respond to posers on our faith.

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Nukilia: 8:21am On Feb 11, 2018
grin grin

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by lexy2014: 8:22am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
when grace are qualifying people you are carry master degree all about, dumb pple they get b4 sarp ones. Tithe open gate for grace.
if tithe opens door 4 grace, then y did Jesus die?,or doesn't his death cover d grace that tithing brings?

2 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by DavidEsq(m): 8:23am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
Who is melchizedek king of of
salem in gen14:18 Heb7:1-end? Jesus also collect am.
Pls be specific. because Hebrews 7:12 says otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by DavidEsq(m): 8:25am On Feb 11, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Some people work hard and are not successful.

Paying tithe is not just for success,

It is obedience to God's word.

A greatful heart is a heart that gives.

If you give God your ten percent, it means you trust him.

I will add this,

Tithing is not the only way to serve God.

You serve God if you show love, executes good Judgement, obey his words, and show mercy.

Tithing is one of the ways to serve God.
Is dat why u didn't Base ur opinion on any scripture? Or is the bible no longer relevant for justifying our beliefs or opinions?

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by DavidEsq(m): 8:25am On Feb 11, 2018
awesomeJ:

You wear a cologne, and you begin to smell nice, someone then asks how are you sure the nice smell is from the cologne?
You have the memory of how things were before you wore the cologne. That's how it is with tithing. You do it right, it'll spell a clear difference.
Mind you, gullibility is too small a motivation for anyone to pay tithe. For us who do-sometimes even above the required portion- the blessings we get are our thrust.

For peeps who don't believe in God, you shouldn't refer to what they have as blessings. Blessings from who?. They're merely successful, and no one disputes that. Now you should get the point clearly. That you drive to Abuja doesn't change the fact that there are others who get there by flight. So some prosper by their hardwork, whereas for some of us it's God's blessings on our works that amplifies our success.
Scriptures pls?
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Saverin: 8:26am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone

Your mumu never do
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by coach123: 8:26am On Feb 11, 2018
Tithe is for levite and the era of levite has gone. Who is the richest congregational member in Africa or in the world due to tithe paying? The richest man in the whole world is neither christian nor Muslim...also, the richest man in Africa is not christian but the richest pastor in the world is from shithole country...what can make u prosper or rich is by considering the poor, Matthew 23:23...I rest my case

2 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Alariiwo: 8:26am On Feb 11, 2018
tartar9:

So even when it's obvious the pastor diverts the money for himself,it still won't concern you undecided
That only makes you an accomplice in stealing from God.

That is the reason why most people question christianity in Nigeria.

Someone like the OP will cast a child out or even slap him/her as far as the child is labelled "witch" or evil, but will run to pay tithes to conmen parading themselves as pastors, living in luxury, riding private jets and all.

When I saw the gory pics from Libya slave trade, some graduates and most homless kids on the street begging, I felt pity for blacks especially sheepies like the OP.

To cap it all up, I think too much rest of mind is the cause. In war torn countries, who will have time to be asking for tithes from others when their lives are at risk.
I pray the sheepies in Nigeria won't learn when it's too late. Instead of making conscious effort to make the country habitable and peaceful for all, they are busy acting dumb and gullible to their fellow mortals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by emerged01(m): 8:28am On Feb 11, 2018
I still don't get it!!! Na my money I no borrow am from anybody. Why u go let pain you if I pay tithe. I have the money and pay tithe with it,how is that anybody's biz? People no dey their business.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by DavidEsq(m): 8:30am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
God rejected eli' and still approve hannah's prayer, that is the way of my reasoning.
I don't remember Hannah praying to Eli. She prayed to God. Abi make I sheck my bible if dem don edit am tongue. The only connection between Eli and Hannah was dat Eli told her that "may God grant her desires". It wasn't Eli th brought the blessings on Hannah. If it were so, Hannah wld have asked Eli from the start to "beseech the Lord" for her, rather dan pray by herself.

3 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by xest(m): 8:30am On Feb 11, 2018
engineerboat:

But you can quote Psalm 23 the lord is mt shepherd

You can quote "I am an aple of Gods eyes"

You can quote "make you the head and not tail"

But now old testament is law
get brain oga n read well. I never said old testament is law. If you want to obey the law why are u not doing all? There are 610 laws or so in the Bible, why is it only tithe that ur papa's and mama's tell u ppl to obey?

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by NotComplaining: 8:30am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
EVEN IF PASTOR USE MY TITHE TO PLAY GAMBLE, I WILL CONTINUE TO PAY. I can only pay through pastor, i didnt pay to pastor. as far i enjoy and bein bless through it. Nomatter what any #frizzar say dat is ur problem.

What if your pastor uses tithe money to conspire against the faithful, will you continue to pay your tithe to him/her? Since it is only the personal bounties you are counting.

Wouldnt gambling be totally against Jesus' teachings and the teachings of the great men before him? Funny how you use that as an example of your die hard loyalty, a true christian would never say such. Your loyalty should be for God alone.

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by gratiaeo(m): 8:33am On Feb 11, 2018
Until if i see or read in the Bible where Jesus collect tithe from his followers
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by olowobaba10: 8:34am On Feb 11, 2018
a
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:35am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
Pls pay to as well, i'm also a pastor. you will reap the blessing i promise you.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Razael23(m): 8:35am On Feb 11, 2018
OK. So lets assume that what this guy is saying about tithe is true, then how come more dan 70% of his church members that are paying tithe are still poor, see forget about all d shine shine clothes people wear to church most of them are just faking it, many no even see garri drink for there house... Most Pentecostal church members are relatively living a fake life just so people will say the God of their daddy is working and their tithe is bringing more grace to them. Lies.. We know ya'll are broke. How won't u people go broke when u keep spoon feeding ur lazy azzz pastors. Common sense like they say is really not common.

2 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by theoctopus: 8:35am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:

Where are you told in the bible to give tithe to your pastor? That you are zealous about tithe doesnt mean its right. You are only feeding your emotions. It has nothing to do with God
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Iseoluwani: 8:36am On Feb 11, 2018
pointblank247:
Tithe is biblical unless you believe in testamentation of the bible

I love this
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by DavidEsq(m): 8:36am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
when grace are qualifying people you are carry master degree all about, dumb pple they get b4 sarp ones. Tithe open gate for grace.
If u have no scriptures to base ur opinion, don't u think I wld be right to say the bible is inadequate for every aspect of life? If ur answer is yes, pls read 2 Timothy 3:16 and 2 Timothy 4:4.

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by neutrotoba(m): 8:37am On Feb 11, 2018
superhumanist:
This is the foolishness that prosperity gospel breeds!

Shithole with dumb shitholers. angry angry

You pay taxes to the government and they embezzle it. But you don't stop paying cuz of that. Why? because paying taxes is your responsibility not choice. In God's government, it is also your responsibility to pay tithe
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Paradigme777: 8:37am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
Seconded. Tiri gbosa for u. God continue to bless ur hustle.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by DavidEsq(m): 8:37am On Feb 11, 2018
theoctopus:

Where are you told in the bible to give tithe to your pastor? That you are zealous about tithe doesnt mean its right. You are only feeding your emotions. It has nothing to do with God
2 Corinthians 4:4 says that the devil has blinded their eyes and hearts so God's light of salvation cannot shine thru.

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by sexdoll: 8:38am On Feb 11, 2018
by their words, you shall know the sheeple.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by loswhite(m): 8:38am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
so your blessings from God is simply because you pay your tithe right? Where in the Bible was it stated that u should pay tithe through pastor? Ppl like you are too lazy to even read your Bible
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by DavidEsq(m): 8:38am On Feb 11, 2018
neutrotoba:

You pay taxes to the government and they embezzle it. But you don't stop paying cuz of that. Why? because paying taxes is your responsibility not choice. In God's government, it is also your responsibility to pay tithe
Can u stop d noise and support it with a scripture? Wats all dis mumbo jumbo?
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Paradigme777: 8:40am On Feb 11, 2018
Seun:
How are you sure that the “blessings” are a result of your tithing, and not your hard work and a little bit of luck? Many people who don’t even believe in God enjoy bountiful “blessings”. Some of them are the richest people in the world.

This post has been updated for accuracy
The young man is simply airing his opinion on wat works for him... Ride on Kinston... Whatever rock ur boat....

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by paulibling(m): 8:40am On Feb 11, 2018
Seun:
How are you sure that the “blessings” are a result of your tithing, and not your hard work and a little bit of luck? Many people who don’t even believe in God enjoy bountiful “blessings”. Some of them are the richest people in the world.

This post has been updated for accuracy

Fear God gan. Once arguement start on the things of Jehovah just know that the devil � and his agents are hovering there. Fear God.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by olowobaba10: 8:41am On Feb 11, 2018
YES BY GOD'S UNCONDITIONAL BLESSINGS AND NOT BY TITHE BLESSINGS!
awesomeJ:

You wear a cologne, and you begin to smell nice, someone then asks how are you sure the nice smell is from the cologne?
You have the memory of how things were before you wore the cologne. That's how it is with tithing. You do it right, it'll spell a clear difference.
Mind you, gullibility is too small a motivation for anyone to pay tithe. For us who do-sometimes even above the required portion- the blessings we get are our thrust.

For peeps who don't believe in God, you shouldn't refer to what they have as blessings. Blessings from who?. They're merely successful, and no one disputes that. Now you should get the point clearly. That you drive to Abuja doesn't change the fact that there are others who get there by flight. So some prosper by their hardwork, whereas for some of us it's God's blessings on our works that amplifies our success.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Elagancy: 8:42am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
God rejected eli' and still approve hannah's prayer, that is the way of my reasoning.
now i know u dont know de bible. One, it was hannah who prayed wit a tearful heart and not eli. Two, hannahs prayer was answered many years before elis rejection.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by NotComplaining: 8:42am On Feb 11, 2018
Razael23:
OK. So lets assume that what this guy is saying about tithe is true, then how come more dan 70% of his church members that are paying tithe are still poor, see forget about all d shine shine clothes people wear to church most of them are just faking it, many no even see garri drink for there house... Most Pentecostal church members are relatively living a fake life just so people will say the God of their daddy is working and their tithe is bringing more grace to them. Lies.. We know ya'll are broke. How won't u people go broke when u keep spoon feeding ur lazy azzz pastors. Common sense like they say is really not common.

And this is corroborated by bible text. Jesus did not make life difficult for the poor, nigerian yahoo pastors do. Bounty is in the hand of God, it is not through our actions that we gain bounty, but through only Gods' Will.

Christians paying tithe in hope of alleviating their acute poverty dont understand that God does not need their money. But if they use their wealth and health to help those in need He will surely help them when they are in need, and so many of them are. That is the basic of Jesus' profound teachings, love your neighbour, not your pastor!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Funmi Aragbaye's Courtesy Visit To Obasanjo (Photo) / Can We Pay Tithes From Money Gotten From MMM??? / Redeemed Church Zonal Headquarters Sealed By Lagos State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.