Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. (23912 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by pauladonis(m): 11:06am On Feb 11, 2018
xest:
why did they change the priesthood in the order of melchizedek? If the first was working then the second wouldn't have come. Tithe is law and we are not under the law but by grace which is brought by the second priesthood Jesus Christ.

go and check HEBREWS chapter 7 sir. The priesthood of Jesus is of the order of Melchizedek, which validates the paying of tithes according to the new testament.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by edward1106(m): 11:13am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
EVEN IF PASTOR USE MY TITHE TO PLAY GAMBLE, I WILL CONTINUE TO PAY. I can only pay through pastor, i didnt pay to pastor. as far i enjoy and bein bless through it. Nomatter what any #frizzar say dat is ur problem.

So if judgement day, God asked you what u did with the wealth he gave to you, you will be proud to say you gave to pastor who used it to gamble?

Yeye dey smell.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by FriendofGod: 11:16am On Feb 11, 2018
pauladonis:

go and check HEBREWS chapter 7 sir. The priesthood of Jesus is of the order of Melchizedek, which validates the paying of tithes according to the new testament.

SMH...

Jesus's priesthood is of the order of Melchizedek not because of tithes but because of its nature.

The priesthood of Melchizedek is eternal in nature and the only other such priesthood that has an eternal nature is the priesthood of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by FriendofGod: 11:24am On Feb 11, 2018
itsmeurLady:
The Wisdom Of God is like foolishness before ordinary Men (non spiritual men) , they cannot comprehend it, neither do they understand.... This is the conclusion of the whole matter, it's shocking that some Christians do not pay tithes, it's der in the Bible, if u love God u will obey his instructions, why take the one u want to take , y don't u submit yourself fully to God and let him use you? Y u dey form tough Man?? And to all those claiming that they know God and Bible too well that he does not need tithe, Continue! Follow instructions for they are life!! It even shows that Tithing is Right, because so many are against it and if so many people are against it, there must be a secret in Tithing that the Devil does not want the people of this world to kno. Be like a baby always in the things of God, never be too matured and sensible in your own eyes.

The Bible sed " Follow those who through patience and faith inherited the promises" ... only the wise will understand this post, the foolish will counter it and quote vain words. My post is not everyone

Sister, it is you tithers that are guilty of failing to submit fully.

Of all the laws, how come you only favour the tithing law? And even that tithing law is not correctly followed. One of the requirements of the tithing laws is for the priests to keep their beards and not shave them off. Your pastors claim to be qualified to collect tithes and yet many of them are clean-shaven.

Also, tithes are to be collected by the Levites who would then tithe a tenth of tithes (one percent) to be put in the storehouse for the use of the priests and other temple workers. But your pastors collect tithes as money and save them in the banks. Storehouse clearly means a storeroom for food, which supports the fact that tithes was food, but somehow, your pastors want it to be money.

There are so many laws, but you have only adopted the tithing law because it serves pecuniary benefits. You think God can be mocked

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Goldstar(m): 11:33am On Feb 11, 2018
This tithe issue is being over flogged. I tithe and it's my personal decision. I was not told to tithe by any man of God. I read it in the bible and believed in it and it has been working wonders for me. At times when things seems hard, I go on my knees and tell God to remember my givings and how I have been faithful to it and everything will change immediately. Please, tithing depends on your relationship with God. It is personal and you don't need any third party to dictate how you worship your God to you. It is not by force. If you don't believe in it, then stop discouraging others from doing it. No amount of preaching can stop me from tithing cause I know what it has done for me. I don't pay it to any pastor but to God. If the pastor likes let him embezzle it, that does not stop God from blessing me. The pastor has God to answer to. Mine is to obey. The bible says judgment shall start from the house of God. It is not in my place to judge but God's
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:43am On Feb 11, 2018
RALPHOW:

You guys problem is greed, Period.
Don't be deceived if you don't pay tithe you are God's robbers ( God's word can never be twisted to your satisfaction) and no robber will make heaven.

Mal 3:8
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

Jesus told the rich man go sell your property and give it to the poor. He did not ask the rich man to bring the money to Him.

Go and read it. Mal 3:8 is not for those under grace

3 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by neutrotoba(m): 11:44am On Feb 11, 2018
superhumanist:

Nonsense. I pay tax because it is the law and then in normal circumstances those taxes are meant to be used to provide healthcare, subsidized housing and welfare services.

Your tithe offers nothing other than to enrich criminally inclined pastors

The intended purpose of tithe is not to enrich pastors... In fact its purpose is to be used by the church for all that which the government would do with taxes. But the human factor that affects tithes also affects taxes. Politicians enrich themselves with our commonwealth but we have few who use it correctly, same with the church.

But as paying taxes is your responsibility, so is Tithe.

Happy sunday
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by SUNDICOS(m): 11:46am On Feb 11, 2018
Very nice ideas
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by pauladonis(m): 11:54am On Feb 11, 2018
FriendofGod:

SMH...

Jesus's priesthood is of the order of Melchizedek not because of tithes but because of its nature.

The priesthood of Melchizedek is eternal in nature and the only other such priesthood that has an eternal nature is the priesthood of Christ.

Not to argue, but Melchizedek received Tithe as a king and priest... A priesthood that Jesus's priesthood resembles.

If the issue of tithe was insignificant, it won't have been mentioned.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Moloso(m): 11:59am On Feb 11, 2018
God Bless u bro
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by SoldierBoy1(m): 12:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
All this controversy about tithe sef, most Christians need to check their own personal life with God,If they're confused if tithing is right or wrong .As a Christian, you should have the Holy Spirit in you and he should be the one to guide u in all you do. So instead of listening to what freeze has to say, go straight to the Holy Spirit and ask him to lead you .Also some say they're no more paying cos of their Pastor's life, if truly you are a Christian with the Holy Spirit dwelling in you, in the first place you won't be in a wrong church not to talk of paying ur tithe there.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by BigBrother9ja: 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
EVEN IF PASTOR USE MY TITHE TO PLAY GAMBLE, I WILL CONTINUE TO PAY. I can only pay through pastor, i didnt pay to pastor. as far i enjoy and bein bless through it. Nomatter what any #frizzar say dat is ur problem.
Sorry bruh
I just deleted your dolty post

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 11, 2018
If you like you people should kill yourself... Nothing would stop me from paying tithe. I pray God blesses the work of my hand so much that I would build him a majestic edifice like Solomon. Una never see something.

You people are shouting pastors when you should be focusing on your thieving politicians
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Kobicove(m): 1:55pm On Feb 11, 2018
Your mumu never do grin

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by DavidEsq(m): 1:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
neutrotoba:

Matthew 22:21, how about that? God bless you
Sori to burst ur bubble. That scripture u just cited deals with payment of taxes. An act of respect to the governmental authority. Paul, in his message to the Roman Christians implored them to respect the authority. See Romans 13:1-7. The situation that led to the scriptures u cited was that the Pharisees challenged Jesus Christ as to weda it was proper to pay taxes.
If 2 Timothy 3:16 is the basis for our reliance of the scriptures for our daily life, then that scripture u cited wld not apply to the issue afoot. Rather, it wld be a wrong application and I think a "deliberate misuse" is the proper description of ur use of that scripture.
This is the reason Paul said in 2 Timothy 3:7 "always learning, but never able to come to an accurate Knowledge of truth".
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by FriendofGod: 2:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
pauladonis:

Not to argue, but Melchizedek received Tithe as a king and priest... A priesthood that Jesus's priesthood resembles.

First of all, how does Melchizedek receiving tithes ONCE from Abraham justify Christians giving tithes to pastors

Do pastors have the same priesthood as Melchizedek and Jesus
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by DavidEsq(m): 2:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
SoldierBoy1:
All this controversy about tithe sef, most Christians need to check their own personal life with God,If they're confused if tithing is right or wrong .As a Christian, you should have the Holy Spirit in you and he should be the one to guide u in all you do. So instead of listening to what freeze has to say, go straight to the Holy Spirit and ask him to lead you .Also some say they're no more paying cos of their Pastor's life, if truly you are a Christian with the Holy Spirit dwelling in you, in the first place you won't be in a wrong church not to talk of paying ur tithe there.
What is the function of the Holy Spirit? In John 14:26, Jesus state that his function is to "teach u all things".
How u he teach u wen u distance urself from studying the bible? Read ur bible. In fact, read Hebrews 7:12.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by superhumanist(m): 2:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
neutrotoba:

The intended purpose of tithe is not to enrich pastors... In fact its purpose is to be used by the church for all that which the government would do with taxes. But the human factor that affects tithes also affects taxes. Politicians enrich themselves with our commonwealth but we have few who use it correctly, same with the church.

But as paying taxes is your responsibility, so is Tithe.

Happy sunday

Lies. Tithe has always been to enrich clergymen: from Levites to pastors
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by bolamp(m): 2:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
Rebuke:

I stand with yhu brother! I must pay my tithe.

Paying my tithe is my duty, what my pastor does with it is between him n my God.

If because yhu sense or feel d government might misuse tax n refuse to pay yhur tax I am sure yhu knw d consequence.

Anyone who advises me not to pay my tithe or give it in any different way other dan to the ministry where I am spiritually fed, such person isn't even fit to advise me in d first place, so let he/she gerreout.....let them go n hug a live transformer. tongue

The laws of God and man is very different otherwise they would be tagged one and the same.

As for paying your tithe to a pastor because he spiritually feeds you.... it's fair.(though we know salvation is supposed to be free)

But then how long will he continue to feed you before you are fully grown to feed youself. Or does he feed you so you don't grow enough to start feeding yourself spiritually and better still feed others.

Christ instituted a better way to advance his kingdom which was cheerful giving. Not the mostly inconvenient and monthly grumbling 10% in form of tithe that most people even have a hard time calculating the actual 10% amount from their increase that month, leading to a probability of violating the tithing law because you could have overpaid or underpaid.

Let's try to open our eyes
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by SoldierBoy1(m): 2:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
DavidEsq:

What is the function of the Holy Spirit? In John 14:26, Jesus state that his function is to "teach u all things".
How u he teach u wen u distance urself from studying the bible? Read ur bible. In fact, read Hebrews 7:12.
Sorry I don't understand, are u correcting me, I don't get ur message properly. I would need clarification
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by DavidEsq(m): 2:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
pauladonis:

The only resemblance Jesus had with melchizedek that melchizedek was both a priest and a king, just as Jesus is both our high priest and King-Hebrews 7:15-17. If u read downwards, u wld discover that at verse 18 and 19, I tells me that the former covenant was set aside because it is weak and ineffective as it made nothing perfect.
I believe that explains it now.
Cc Kistone Pauladonis
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by DavidEsq(m): 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
Rebuke:

I stand with yhu brother! I must pay my tithe.

Paying my tithe is my duty, what my pastor does with it is between him n my God.

If because yhu sense or feel d government might misuse tax n refuse to pay yhur tax I am sure yhu knw d consequence.

Anyone who advises me not to pay my tithe or give it in any different way other dan to the ministry where I am spiritually fed, such person isn't even fit to advise me in d first place, so let he/she gerreout.....let them go n hug a live transformer. tongue
Show me anywhere in the scriptures wr Jesus or the Apostles said we shld go an hug transformer. 1 Peter 3:15 regulates how we shld reply persons who confront us, demanding an explanation for our beliefs. Using the bible as a yardstick, Ur response clearly confirms wat Jesus said in Matthew 7:16 that "by their fruits u will recognise dem and dat figs and grapes do not come from thorns and thistles". Wen the bible is no longer necessary for forming our beliefs or opinions, stories become the basis of our beliefs and opinions. 2 Timothy 4:4 "and they wld abandon the truth and give attention to false stories".
Cc Kistone
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by DavidEsq(m): 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
SoldierBoy1:
Sorry I don't understand, are u correcting me, I don't get ur message properly. I would need clarification
On wat exactly? Wat don't get clear? Do u feel uncorrectable?
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by neutrotoba(m): 2:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
DavidEsq:

Sori to burst ur bubble. That scripture u just cited deals with payment of taxes. An act of respect to the governmental authority. Paul, in his message to the Roman Christians implored them to respect the authority. See Romans 13:1-7. The situation that led to the scriptures u cited was that the Pharisees challenged Jesus Christ as to weda it was proper to pay taxes.
If 2 Timothy 3:16 is the basis for our reliance of the scriptures for our daily life, then that scripture u cited wld not apply to the issue afoot. Rather, it wld be a wrong application and I think a "deliberate misuse" is the proper description of ur use of that scripture.
This is the reason Paul said in 2 Timothy 3:7 "always learning, but never able to come to an accurate Knowledge of truth".

You bursted no bubble.

Give unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar (taxes)
Give unto God what belongs to God (tithe)

Why are you ignoring the other part?
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by neutrotoba(m): 3:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
superhumanist:

Lies. Tithe has always been to enrich clergymen: from Levites to pastors

Taxes have always been to enrich politicians then right?
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
tartar9:

So even when it's obvious the pastor diverts the money for himself,it still won't concern you undecided
That only makes you an accomplice in stealing from God.
dat is a lie
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by DavidEsq(m): 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2018
neutrotoba:

You bursted no bubble.

Give unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar (taxes)
Give unto God what belongs to God (tithe)
Is dat the contextual meaning of that scripture? Was it tithe or tax that was in issue? Did Jesus say the things we shld give to God is tithe in dat scripture or any oda scripture?
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by DavidEsq(m): 3:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
dat is a lie
Edakun, I'm still waiting for ur answer. If u don't find the answers, isn't it time u raised questions on ur tithe-based belief?
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
Amadaz:
Why you no go pay? No be maga you be?
I know u doel in d past. But don't you knw God has use maga of dis world to confound d wise?
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by superhumanist(m): 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
neutrotoba:

Taxes have always been to enrich politicians then right?

False
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by neutrotoba(m): 3:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
superhumanist:

False

But it happens right? My point is not that some pastors don't enrich themselves with tithe... No! Some do, and that's between them and their creator, cuz all men will be judged according to the works of their hands.

But the main purpose for tithing according to Malachi 3:10 is "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house"

That food is for those that cannot afford to feed themselves, the church ideally should cater for then with tithe. Now if you pay tithe as God has commanded, you have fulfilled your part of the bargain. For the pastor that doesn't use the tithe for the intended purpose and allow people to go to bed on empty stomach, He's also human and will be judged by God.

Hope your Sunday has been wonderful
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by neutrotoba(m): 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
DavidEsq:

Is dat the contextual meaning of that scripture? Was it tithe or tax that was in issue? Did Jesus say the things we shld give to God is tithe in dat scripture or any oda scripture?

Jesus didn't state it, but it had been stated in Malachi 3:10. No verse of the bible exists in isolation, they're all interwoven.

Tithe belongs to God brother

In Malachi 3:10, it wasn't just anybody speaking, it was God himself! Which higher authority is there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Funmi Aragbaye's Courtesy Visit To Obasanjo (Photo) / Dailymail Readers' Comments On TB Joshua's Deliverance Post / Can We Pay Tithes From Money Gotten From MMM???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.