Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. (23902 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by loswhite(m): 8:44am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
Who is melchizedek king of of
salem in gen14:18 Heb7:1-end? Jesus also collect am.
lol... He never requested for tithe. Abraham Gave him one tenth of the spoils of war voluntarily not as a commandment or a requirement for blessings. Please note that Abraham never gave tithe from his income nor his own possession but from spoils of war...it is sad that ppl actually perish for lack of knowledge

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by udi4eva(m): 8:44am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
EVEN IF PASTOR USE MY TITHE TO PLAY GAMBLE, I WILL CONTINUE TO PAY. I can only pay through pastor, i didnt pay to pastor. as far i enjoy and bein bless through it. Nomatter what any #frizzar say dat is ur problem.

Ehen..if you have to pay, then go ahead and pay. Must it always be an issue to debate or announce to the world. Religion is personal, that you pay doesn't make you right or wrong likewise the person that doesn't pay.
The world has more important problems than tithe.
Africa has more important issues to address than tithe.
Nigeria is not going to be better by your commitment to paying tithe.
When so called Christians start laying so much emphasis on issues like this, you end up giving the atheists a voice.
If all Christians can make up their minds and strongly resolve to be sincere in all their doings and genuinely have love for humankind against all odds, the way they claim to be committed in paying tithe. I'm sure Nigeria will be a far better place.
I can confidently say that the reason why many Christians pay tithe is because of the proposed blessings that come with it.
That is why an average Nigerian that attends church will get money via a dubious way and pay tithe, he will pay his tithe and still cheat on his wife, she will pay her tithe and never respect her husband, he/she will pay tithe and never help their neighbors in need, lie confidently for personal gains, hate and propagate false stories against their colleagues because they are doing better than them, bribe their way to get what they want..its an endless list. Bunch of Hypocrites

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Horlufemi(m): 8:45am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
EVEN IF PASTOR USE MY TITHE TO PLAY GAMBLE, I WILL CONTINUE TO PAY. I can only pay through pastor, i didnt pay to pastor. as far i enjoy and bein bless through it. Nomatter what any #frizzar say dat is ur problem.

1. Only poor, uneducated and especially lazy Africans believe that tithing other than financial intelligence is required for financial prosperity. They only see tithe as spiritual bet9ja.

2. If you believe in tithing then you don't need Jesus. But Jesus has finalised the law.

Observe and read to listen

Here is the main point: We have a High Priest who sat down in the place of honor beside the throne of the majestic God in heaven. There he ministers in the heavenly Tabernacle, the true place of worship that was built by the Lord and not by human hands. And since every high priest is required to offer gifts and sacrifices, our High Priest must make an offering, too. If he were here on earth, he would not even be a priest, since there already are priests who offer the gifts required by the law. They serve in a system of worship that is only a copy, a shadow of the real one in heaven. For when Moses was getting ready to build the Tabernacle, God gave him this warning: “Be sure that you make everything according to the pattern I have shown you here on the mountain.” But now Jesus, our High Priest, has been given a ministry that is far superior to the old priesthood, for he is the one who mediates for us a far better covenant with God, based on better promises. If the first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no need for a second covenant to replace it. But when God found fault with the people, he said: “The day is coming, says the Lord , when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and Judah. This covenant will not be like the one I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand and led them out of the land of Egypt. They did not remain faithful to my covenant, so I turned my back on them, says the Lord . But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day, says the Lord : I will put my laws in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, ‘You should know the Lord .’ For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already. And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.” When God speaks of a “new” covenant, it means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear.
Hebrews 8:1‭-‬13 NLT
https://bible.com/bible/116/heb.8.1-13.NLT

From this chapter you can understand a few things

1. Your pastors are not priests. As long as Jesus is is in the real holy of holies.

2. The law and the worship in the old testament was a shadow of the real thing. Prepping for the one Jesus will establish.

3. The old law is obsolete. i.e no longer needed, out of date. It's like you bragging about a 1912 vehicle, when there's a gwagon. Or a 1983 anti-virus in 2018. Yes it's that useless.

4. The old law was faulty that's why there's need for a new one. People love the old law that's why they are still evil.

There is much more we would like to say about this, but it is difficult to explain, especially since you are spiritually dull and don’t seem to listen. You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God’s word. You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food. For someone who lives on milk is still an infant and doesn’t know how to do what is right. Solid food is for those who are mature, who through training have the skill to recognize the difference between right and wrong.
Hebrews 5:11‭-‬14 NLT
https://bible.com/bible/116/heb.5.11-14.NLT

I tithed and I suffered until I learnt financial intelligence. I don't tithe anymore and I'm doing 100x better. This matter nearly ended a friendship. The guy is an hardened tither. Today he's very broke and had been borrowing money from me. The last time I asked him why the heavens are not opening he's still ashamed of asking for money and have paid back the one he borrowed.

All these it works for me is bullocks

2 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by semyman: 8:45am On Feb 11, 2018
Please stop marketing fraudulent activities on this forum, it is common knowledge that these business centers are all springing up like hot akara joints because of tithes, offerings and first fruits collections. I dare you to abolish these taxes and see those who truly want to work for God. Governments in African countries have disappointed their citizens, these scammers should be accountable by law. Money donated for the welfare of the less privileged are being wacked without any to ask questions

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by oladelemary: 8:46am On Feb 11, 2018
maryjames9:
Seun, trying to convince some of these peeps that tithe is not a prerequisite to prosperity and success but determination, courage, hard work, persistence, innovation and luck is like trying to break a rock with water. Even when the truth steer at them in the face, they will rather die with their failed and unproductive belief system than eat the humble pie using their brains and think logically and coherently like human being does. A pig no matter how you wash it will still get to the gutter. It is psychology. They will always find something else like tithe, pastor, Church other than their efforts to credit for every little success they have because their pastors have so indoctrinated, brainwash them so.

Cognitive Dissonance.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kolawoleibukun: 8:46am On Feb 11, 2018
ALL THESE PEOPLE NO GHET SENSE AT ALL. THEM BE BIG FOOLS. BRAINSWASHED AND THEM FEEL SAY THEM DAY RIGHT

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by NairaMaster1(m): 8:49am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:

That's a good understanding. Do what the Bible says. Malachi 3:10
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by gabe: 8:51am On Feb 11, 2018
*sigh* another Sunday another tithe thread. Please put ur tithe if it makes you happy. Just stop ramming that bare faced robbery down people's throats as truth.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by NairaMaster1(m): 8:52am On Feb 11, 2018
Seun:
How are you sure that the “blessings” are a result of your tithing, and not your hard work and a little bit of luck? Many people who don’t even believe in God enjoy bountiful “blessings”. Some of them are the richest people in the world.

This post has been updated for accuracy

The devil also blesses. Read the temptations of Jesus Christ. Also think about the yahoo boys and the armed robbers. Be guided please.
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Jabioro: 8:53am On Feb 11, 2018
Sometimes it depend on how the brain is been wired,it is either it functions normal or malfunctn.,at end it will still be called brain...but this one is on anti clock mode.

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kmaster007: 8:53am On Feb 11, 2018
coz ur Brain as been washed
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Horlufemi(m): 8:53am On Feb 11, 2018
nans24:

In that case even when you know your pastor is a swindler and "not a real man of God" still go to that his church to worship because God rejected eli and still approve hannahs prayer. like i said Mr kistone, You have a high level of of spirituality.

I'm starting to think you meant stupidity
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by loswhite(m): 8:53am On Feb 11, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Some people work hard and are not successful.

Paying tithe is not just for success,

It is obedience to God's word.

A greatful heart is a heart that gives.

If you give God your ten percent, it means you trust him.

I will add this,

Tithing is not the only way to serve God.

You serve God if you show love, executes good Judgement, obey his words, and show mercy.

Tithing is one of the ways to serve God.
there is difference between giving voluntarily and a commandment. Please don't try to miss interpret both.
Tithing was a commandment in old testament and there was a purpose for that . There are 12 tribes and the one of those tribes do not have land or neither do they have inheritance, So tithing was instituted as a commandment to the other tribes and that commandment comes with a blessing and a curse ... please not that the old testament any act of disobedience sometimes comes with a curse like the case of Moses. In the new testament there is nothing like tithing but voluntary giving. The only time Jesus spoke about tithe he never commended the Pharisees but he rebuked them for focusing on the matter of tithing which was clearly stated by Jesus as less weightier matter. In fact Jesus only added it in the last phrase just because in his time the ppl are still under the law and other thing would have been seen as going against the law
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Abdstrakt(m): 8:54am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
So your reason for paying tithe is so God will reward you?

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by brainbox80: 8:56am On Feb 11, 2018
@KIMSTONE, THIS SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE HERE. DADDY FREEZE HAS MADE HIS POINTS AND WISELY ENOUGH TOO. EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE FOR HIMSELF, SO ENOUGH OF THIS YOUR SHOW OF FANATISM FOR WE CAN COUNT OUR TEETH WITH OUR TONGUES
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by openmine(m): 8:57am On Feb 11, 2018
You cannot buy from God what he’s already deposited in you,

you cannot demand or ask from God a potential he’s already designed you to manifest, all that pertains to life, is already wired into you to manifest, however, most christian centres these days say different as though God is deliberately withholding your ability for success and greatness and you must impress him with "gifts",tithes and things for him to make you what He already made you.

How absurd! sad sad

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by OtemAtum: 8:58am On Feb 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Pastor Kistone, how ministry?
You sabi their formula for decepetion cheesy
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by dermmy(m): 8:58am On Feb 11, 2018
maryjames9:
Seun, trying to convince some of these peeps that tithe is not a prerequisite to prosperity and success but determination, courage, hard work, persistence, innovation and luck is like trying to break a rock with water. Even when the truth steer at them in the face, they will rather die with their failed and unproductive belief system than eat the humble pie using their brains and think logically and coherently like human being does. A pig no matter how you wash it will still get to the gutter. It is psychology. They will always find something else like tithe, pastor, Church other than their efforts to credit for every little success they have because their pastors have so indoctrinated, brainwash them so.

Wow. I love this
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by hopefulLandlord: 8:59am On Feb 11, 2018
OtemAtum:
You sabi their formula for decepetion cheesy

The guy even reply me confirming he's the pastor that gambles with his sheep's money hahaha grin
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by tonyimadu: 9:00am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
A child of God would not encourage the embezzlement and waste of his father's recourses. When your pastor gambles with your tithe, he deprives the poor, the needy and the widow. If you knowingly continue to pay you encourage him, you are not growing the kingdom you are only gratifying your conscience. No true child acts like that.
A true child would not let his father's house fall into rot and corruption.
Please let's help build the kingdom and not encourage me pulling it down.

2 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by mrphysics(m): 9:02am On Feb 11, 2018
maryjames9:
To think you work harder, or have more courage and determination more than those that pay tithe is hypocrisy. Your logic line has failed same with seun trying to use waking up and sunrise as an analogy. I find the both weak.

Who told you that there is anything you do more than someone paying tithe?
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by OtemAtum: 9:04am On Feb 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

The guy even reply me confirming he's the pastor that gambles with his sheep's money hahaha grin
he plays bet9ja's dog racing games and MMM with their money, lol. How sure are you that he is not the guy that sang 'Aja 1, hahn. Aja n sare owo n jona, hahn grin
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by lexy2014: 9:04am On Feb 11, 2018
NairaMaster1:

That's a good understanding. Do what the Bible says. Malachi 3:10
what of Deuteronomy 14:22-28?
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Evince(m): 9:06am On Feb 11, 2018
U talk because u are pastor. So u are preparing ur ground to extort in ur ministry.

Invest for ur kids man and stop mumuing (sic) around
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by DidierDrogba: 9:07am On Feb 11, 2018
May the almighty God continue to bless you bro
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Pain(m): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:

Zombie. Even if your tithes go into the funding of activities detrimental to the lives of fellow men, you will continue funding sin. You have lost your conscience to false doctrines. Your intelligence is far below what is acceptable for a Homo-Sapien

3 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Oju4190: 9:08am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
So u think say by giving ur tithe to pastor Then God will bless u...who do u dis tin?

2 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by paulibling(m): 9:08am On Feb 11, 2018
Razael23:
OK. So lets assume that what this guy is saying about tithe is true, then how come more dan 70% of his church members that are paying tithe are still poor, see forget about all d shine shine clothes people wear to church most of them are just faking it, many no even see garri drink for there house... Most Pentecostal church members are relatively living a fake life just so people will say the God of their daddy is working and their tithe is bringing more grace to them. Lies.. We know ya'll are broke. How won't u people go broke when u keep spoon feeding ur lazy azzz pastors. Common sense like they say is really not common.

Salvation of the Lord means contentment. If you are going to God cos of what you will gain other than Salvation you will be highly disappointed. Godly poor men are more content than worldly rich men. Their poverty is not like that of the world. They eat yam and red oil and feel joy in their heart. Their children go to public school and end up with scholarship. Some people are poor and bitter and go to church to relieve their hunger but not seeking Salvation and God knows them very well and knows that they won't share pure water with anybody and sidon dey look them waiting for them to process. In all God does what he wishes to do. Those who diligently seek him have Neva gotten disappointed. When you see a true Christian his mouth is filled with testimonies in the presence of many woes and never conceited nor discriminatory nor washing down others. A symbol of humility.

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Fourwinds: 9:10am On Feb 11, 2018
kistone:
he he he he he heeee ....this is one of the " my pastor says"

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 11, 2018
RALPHOW:

You guys problem is greed, Period.
Don't be deceived if you don't pay tithe you are God's robbers ( God's word can never be twisted to your satisfaction) and no robber will make heaven.

Mal 3:8
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

Why only Mal 3:8
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kenny1313(m): 9:15am On Feb 11, 2018
pointblank247:
Tithe is biblical unless you believe in testamentation of the bible
That's to say an Eye for an Eye is also biblical?

1 Like

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 11, 2018
You can only pay through pastor? shocked when pastor turn bank?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Russian Orthodox Church In Amsterdam Announces Split With Moscow Due To Ukraine. / Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy / Can We Pay Tithes From Money Gotten From MMM???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.