Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? (1420 Views)

Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? / New Ferry Service in Lagos.How Effective? / Taxis In Lagos: How Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? by babasin(m): 11:22pm On Mar 05, 2007
How dangerous is driving in Lagos now?

Are there still robberies on 3rd Mainland bridge?

Is Ojuelegba, Costain road safe?

Are robbers still parading between MM airport and Ikeja.

let me know, thks
Re: Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? by 1forall: 2:32am On Mar 07, 2007
Nothings changed except the locations/modes of operation. Hear stories every now and then but havent had a bad experience o, thank God. Important -shine your eye. The senseless and crazy! driving, and resulting traffic situation are my major headaches, and change looks nowhere round the corner.
Oh, how I dislike Lagos driving! You only enjoy the drive within a particular time window on some days in some given select areas and even then, anything can happen.
And those bloody danfo buses?! Lagos na wa!
Re: Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? by whiteroses(f): 9:26am On Mar 07, 2007
no love, driving in lagos is not dangerous at all as in accident don't usually occur but rate of armrobbery is so much, but it doesn't matter you'll be ok just shine your eye well well and don't trust nobody, and nowadays watch out for people that pretend they need a little lift they'll snatch your car
Re: Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? by Christino(m): 10:24am On Mar 07, 2007
That's not all, you need a good phone a very good one like this one:

Re: Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2007
Christinooooooooo ah ahhhhhhhhhhh grin grin grin, thanks for making me laff after a ruff day.

@topic, beware of those silly fools, LASTMA, yellow feaver, VIO, roadsafety (rob safely ni grin), cus they can
stop you on false pretences. Its not uncommon to have each of these guys like some distance away from each other
mounting their "roadblocks", and did i forget the police and the army?

I had a bad encounter with some yellow feaver dudes some time b4 I travelled, they obtained every single naira off me.
And they were also froom my tribe o!!! Whether its a sin for a young guy to drive round town, please tell me o!!
Re: Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? by swing: 10:01pm On Mar 07, 2007
Christino , dt's
very interesting and funny

post shine ur eyes as soon as u reach boarder/port to Niger

every lagosian walks as a sharp man not only when driving

there are new styles to every criminal acts now so i think you need lots of update ,in summary just shine your eyes wella
Re: Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? by alabiyemmy(m): 9:56pm On Mar 08, 2007
why not go there and experience it for yourself? That way you can know what is actually going on.
Re: Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? by mrpataki(m): 3:40pm On Mar 09, 2007
I have once hadan encounter with those criminals put on the streets called yellow fever, lastma et al. They told me to go for a test to determine whether I was mad after the guy had just finished taking gbana and sepe together!

I hate driving in Lagos, even with my years of driving, I dont fancy lagos driving.
My Uncle got killed some years back while driving on lagos street. Precisely along Ketu-Mile12 route embarassed

Such a shame!
Re: Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? by moondust(m): 4:53pm On Mar 09, 2007
Lagos driving is simply HELL. with different levels of demons, from Alaye boys to Lastma, to pot holes, to traffic jam,to Police and the father of dem all Armed robbers
Re: Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? by BigSis(f): 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2007
Lagos driving is pure hell 24/7. It is not safe. It is best if you can get a driver. There are constant go slows. You are scared of being descended on while stuff in traffic by armed robbers. I saw drive a "hoopdee", if you can, and don't flaunt anything. You will just be attracting them to you. They are everywhere from clean cut(excellent english) to hood rats prowling. As much as possible, blend in with the crowd.
Re: Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? by babadee(m): 3:26am On Mar 10, 2007
EKO ILE!!!
Shine ya eye!!!
Re: Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? by tianshie(m): 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2007
Apart from the lunatic danfo drivers what about the infernal okadamen?They must be the bane of motorists on lagos roads.
Just a couple of weeks ago,a posse of Lastma punks tried to stop me on Oshodi bridge because my girlfriend didn't have her belt on,I quickly wound up the windows and drove right through them,sadly I missed sad
Re: Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? by hooplarr(m): 4:25pm On Mar 10, 2007
Lagos is a generally chaotic state and you have to kind of meld with situation so you can get away with the everyday madness unscathed.

Everybody who's taken time out to give their honest perception of the situation on our Lagos roads have done that well albeit with a tinge of sarcasm.

The situation is grave and the sooner we all wake up to this harsh reality, the better. What with commuters being whisked off to undisclosed location (and in this same lagos??), daylight robberies smack in the choke of a traffic snarl and overzealous Danfo drivers trying to make money that a regular 9-5 worker can't make in a year + Molue Driver so high on Paraga and weed enough to consider the Lagoon their road!

The stooges fronting to be LASTMA officials Tinubu put up are also a sore point. What's their modus operandi anyway? To hobnob with these miscreant or to regulate and ensure safety on our roads?

You tell me?

It's Pathetic and to think you have to say your Psalms repeatedly before leaving home?

O ga o! shocked embarassed
Re: Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? by dakmanzero(m): 11:57am On Mar 13, 2007
Driving in Lagos is dancing on the shores of hell and flashing your arse at the devil

Mad people are everywhere. Bleeding idiota making u-turns while babbling on the phone

Trailers with no brake lights driving like they are playing need for speed underground

Kombi bus drivers who feel their buses can shrink at will to squeeze through a ten centimetre gap

underage fools driving gigantic cars and completely forgetting what big brother told them to do, like hold onto your lane when merging for fukks sakes

Basterd mutherfusking police as$holeS demanding for money at every stop

Lastma need i say more

area boys threatening to break ya windscreen

thieves at akpongbon and ketu, many disguised as police and armed with crude spike strips

suicido-homicidal maniac okada riders who are insane enough to use their front wheels to block trailers

trailers with no brakes (NO JOKE. THE BASTERDS RELY ON E-BRAKING AND HANDBRAKES TO STOP. REMEMBER THIS NEXT TIME U TRY TO CLAIM RIGHT OF WAY AT A T )

look driving in lagos is simply the lesser evil when compared to actually putting your life into the hands of the same maniacal okada/bus/taxi drivers we just talked about. Gord save us
Re: Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? by Christino(m): 11:59pm On Mar 14, 2007
@ Darkman

Driving in Lagos is like swimming with Sharks. People do it, but only the tough ones come out alive. I live right in front of a major road and getting out of my compound alone takes at least 30 to 40 minutes. grin
Re: Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? by drlawng(m): 8:00pm On Mar 16, 2007
Driving in Lagos is bliss shocked did i say bliss? ermmh errmh lipsrsealed

grin grin grin
Re: Driving In Lagos: How Dangerous? by babasin(m): 11:48pm On Mar 17, 2007
umm. if it is so bad now, what will it be in 2020?

(1) (Reply)

If U Re Planning To Travel, U Need This Information / I Need Informations About Documents To Annexed Application For Canada Visit Visa / Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.