Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? (20417 Views)

Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection / Getting A Job After Nysc: How Long Is Too Long? / Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 09, 2018
Coloradvantage:
lol... in as much as the said certificate is fake...don't ever put appearance as a point in most things in life... you will get lost. those that came during my service year were fashionistas and good talkers above all look so so fresh...I just used my phone... check about anything.. somehow you will get an info about it...
u gat a point there

Coz most of them can still package and appear smart

2 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by babacletus: 9:04pm On Feb 09, 2018
ifex370:

Who said PMP cost above 200k..

I recently went to NIIT to make an inquiry and they told me its 40k.. abi na the fake one? grin
Might be just for training

1 Like

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by youngsahito(m): 9:09pm On Feb 09, 2018
bjhaid:
i only enrolled for IT Courses, and I'm reaping the benefits
pls which IT course did u put in 4 cos am also a serving corp member.
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by naijafox(m): 9:23pm On Feb 09, 2018
harmbhrosz:
Lol, don't trust those guys with their ads o, they only want to make money.

True talk

I remember my NYSc days, they will just come collect 10k for either pmp, HSE, hrm . 3 months program, then they will conduct an exam. Even if u did not attend the exam, they will still give you the certificate

Waste of money

A corper started editing the certificate for 1k �

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by naijafox(m): 9:26pm On Feb 09, 2018
No time to waste money for those fake stuff of 10k,when I was serving, some of my fellow corpers just got hold of one of the certificate and started editing it to their respective names (Microsoft paint things), the certificate guys had to leave and started preaching to the other lga �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by 2sizzlin(m): 9:29pm On Feb 09, 2018
grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin when I refused to do any of those stuffs everybody was looking at me like I didn't want to do anything with my life.
grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Some will even add money and snacks to their own as proof that theirs us authentic, the cheaper ones are fake. They make it seem like you don't need your school certificate if you've got theirs, and you can work anyone. Corpers were starving to get certificates.
I was using my money to cook sweet stew and to buy orijin. It wasn't the only I was doing with my money so don't come at me

5 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Heanry(m): 9:31pm On Feb 09, 2018
My brother, I know how you feel. Those guys will try to convince you that your B.Sc. is of no use if you don't add those certification. But I want to ask; if those certification actually work, will they have the time to come roam about in nysc camp? Don't listen to them. They are only their to scam you. Which ever certification you get from will have an indication that you got it through nysc. This alone will make it a worthless paper.

1 Like

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by naijafox(m): 9:35pm On Feb 09, 2018
lustychima:
seriously
During my service days it was same story

All the guys that took d courses non failed, How come?
Even those that avoided the lectures and all that

And they have a special way of attracting people with their installmental payment system

8000 onset payment... Then you finish the rest in two instalments

And they try to reduce the payment depending on your lga

Like during my time, if u are in a good lga like akure, it was 20k, while if you where in useless lga like my own, it was 9500 � �

1 Like

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Nwaohafia1: 9:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
The most stewpid of them all is the NIM. They will cajole you into enrolling into it with a promise that you will get the certificate immediately after camp.
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by ifyboy60(m): 9:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
ifex370:

I recently went to NIIT to make an inquiry and they told me its 40k.. abi na the fake one? grin

what they will give u is an NIIT certificate saying they taught u PMP.
PMP cert comes only fro PMP themselves n it is really expensive
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Spylord48: 9:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
I did project management online in Australia open university in collaboration with polytechnic west Australia after which I was given a certificate of participation. Abeg is the certificate useful or useless as the one gotten during nysc?
cc. ifyboy60,
Coloradvantage
,Akalia,
Darkseid
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by ifex370(m): 10:04pm On Feb 09, 2018
ifyboy60:

what they will give u is an NIIT certificate saying they taught u PMP.
PMP cert comes only fro PMP themselves n it is really expensive

Ayu serious.. Thank God oo.. I was just about wasting my money for that rubbish..

Its similar to afrihub giving you a certificate on networking rather than the main Cisco cert
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by ifex370(m): 10:05pm On Feb 09, 2018
Coloradvantage:
Google is your friend...

I've been doing research on it.. Cos I knew the price was too good to be true.. But I didn't find anything that denotes it being fake
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by ifex370(m): 10:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
AishaBuhari:

FAKE one - By the time you finish learn am finish you turn final olodo undisputed

Thank you very much.. Now I can save my 40k till I'm ready for the main thing
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by ifex370(m): 10:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
MistaBabz:

NII what? That's fake oo, what they give is equivalent to what all this NYSC camp marketers give cos it's just of no value. It's just a certificate of attendance

All these tech schools are just the same.. Simply after your money
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by ifex370(m): 10:07pm On Feb 09, 2018
babacletus:

Might be just for training

I asked them very well repeatedly.. They said its for the exam n training sad
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by bart10: 10:13pm On Feb 09, 2018
ifex370:

That one na fake PMP. The real PMP cost a fortune and moreover you need three years post graduate experience as a project manager before you’re qualified to write the exams. The cost is about $550 for non-PMI members while PMI members pay $405. The PMP certification is certainly worth the while. It’s class on its own. If you include the cost of training then you’re looking at something close to $700 or more.
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Changes77(m): 10:14pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nice thread
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by shittu05(m): 10:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
Heanry:
My brother, I know how you feel. Those guys will try to convince you that your B.Sc. is of no use if you don't add those certification. But I want to ask; if those certification actually work, will they have the time to come roam about in nysc camp? Don't listen to them. They are only their to scam you. Which ever certification you get from will have an indication that you got it through nysc. This alone will make it a worthless paper.

Bro,thanks a bunch, really don't know aww much u av helped me with this thing , I was jex about to pay for my pmp, HSE and agroallied post camp training everything is almost #55k ,may God bless u, abeg any cert issued after dox post camp training with indication of nysc no dey useful at all?
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by ifex370(m): 10:21pm On Feb 09, 2018
shittu05:

Bro,thanks a bunch, really don't know aww much u av helped me with this thing , I was jex about to pay for my pmp, HSE and agroallied post camp training everything is almost #55k ,may God bless u, abeg any cert issued after dox post camp training with indication of nysc no dey useful at all?

Lol.. You're still asking? Learn a handwork oo
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by BennyMaiNasara(m): 10:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
voicelez:
NYSC should be removed completely, it is of no use not to talk of the courses taken there
so you hear say NYSC na school abi? who no go no go know!
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Klington: 10:42pm On Feb 09, 2018
They are all hustlers.....i regretted falling for their stupid antics with my small allawee wey i for save jeje take start small business...Save your money for something meaningful after service jaree. tongue

1 Like

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Darkseid(m): 10:44pm On Feb 09, 2018
Spylord48:
I did project management online in Australia open university in collaboration with polytechnic west Australia after which I was given a certificate of participation. Abeg is the certificate useful or useless as the one gotten during nysc?
cc. ifyboy60,
Coloradvantage
,Akalia,
Darkseid
I really can't say but it should be better than the one I attended. In that one, the instructor just read from a textbook, after four classes, that was all.
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Primusinterpares(m): 10:47pm On Feb 09, 2018
SAED is bae... Take up a SAED and thank me later
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by daddysprincess1: 10:50pm On Feb 09, 2018
It's not necessarily a waste my friend. But my problem with the ones under NYSC is most of them are non-chalant during the classes. You can grab a thing or two though.... But u have serious competition when you finally pass out in the area of certifications.
I personally went for a PMP training with Longhall consulting Lagos at 40k but you need to pay $500 after the training for professional exams... And that's for people with more than 2-3years working experience. A cheaper package is available for people with less experience tho. But u know the naira-dollar exchange rate, so I stand with the 'above 200k' guy. P.S: My advice is Google the names of the organizing bodies that come for sensitization and see how recognized they are before signing up.

2 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by BennyMaiNasara(m): 10:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
All those Institutes got their eyes on your allowee better no fall for them. Post Camp SAED sexy past them sef . Its afterwards you'll discover your birth cert is even stronger than the most of em . Advisably you go learn a trade or hand work so you can help yourself later on.

1 Like

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 09, 2018
I believe it depends on individual view of life... your goals and what you need the paper qualifications for.... I will be starting one nextweek.... for HSE and PMP.
Alot of advertisers have come my way both in camp and at cds.... but they all looked in genuine or rather scam to me. Apart from one that offers UKHSE and UKPMP... I checked their website it someway looked genuine and I checked UKHSE website I found that they are also their legit partner. So I will work with them. UKHSE British Safety Organization. Novelle is the company name I guess

3 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Shaev7(m): 11:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
lustychima:
Don't throw away your hustle on another hustler

If those imaginary certificate will get you a job in oil company and blue chip company those guys would have been long employed

Next time take a look at their dressing, some their shoe has chopped off one sided

exactly what I told some of the corps members then while serving. its common sense.

1 Like

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by DTalented(m): 2:23am On Feb 10, 2018
koretpal:
I am currently a serving Corps member. Right from camp, several training institutions come to corps members to entice us to enrol in their institution to obtain certificates in either of these courses HSE, PMP, HRM, or all of them. The training institutions charge about 25k for each course.

Considering the meagre 19,800 Corps members earn monthly which most times does not carry them through the month after spending on basic necessities like feeding, transportation, accommodation, recharge cards, etc. Is it advisable for Corps members to enrol in any or all of these courses?
How beneficial are these courses after NYSC?

ICT courses are good. Please go for any ICT course, take the exam if you can afford it and you won't regret it.
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Yhemit(m): 4:01am On Feb 10, 2018
Nwaohafia1:
The most stewpid of them all is the NIM. They will cajole you into enrolling into it with a promise that you will get the certificate immediately after camp.

thank God o, those people don dey disturb me with SMS

1 Like

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Rojeta(f): 5:01am On Feb 10, 2018
Instead of wasting my money on hse shit, i would rather spent it on acquiring entrepreneurial skills

1 Like

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by tamzy123(m): 5:04am On Feb 10, 2018
pitapromiz:
I believe it depends on individual view of life... your goals and what you need the paper qualifications for.... I will be starting one nextweek.... for HSE and PMP.
Alot of advertisers have come my way both in camp and at cds.... but they all looked in genuine or rather scam to me. Apart from one that offers UKHSE and UKPMP... I checked their website it someway looked genuine and I checked UKHSE website I found that they are also their legit partner. So I will work with them. UKHSE British Safety Organization. Novelle is the company name I guess
Novelle center is legit and recognized

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Batch B PCMs Keeping Vigil To Wait For NYSC Portal For Registration In Uyo / Alawe Increment How True? / A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.