Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,821 members, 7,817,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy (14204 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You / Her Boss Wants To Sleep With Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by BakireBulmaker: 12:16pm On Feb 12, 2018
thegentleman:
You are very right, some favor won't let you grow up as an individual. Just like one staying in one Uncle or Auntie's house after NYSC. Time u supposed to use to build something for yourself and think about what you want in life, you will be using to wash car, cook food for your nephew, be doing all sorts of stupid things, no time or room for growth.

That one is still ok so far you are not working for them and you are seriously job hunting.
Once you are okay, you leave.
Many uncles and aunties who lived with us are doing well on their own now.
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 12, 2018
BakireBulmaker:

That one is still ok so far you are not working for them and you are seriously job hunting.
Once you are okay, you leave.
Many uncles and aunties who lived with us are doing well on their own now.
Yeah Bruh!
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by theSpark(m): 12:56pm On Feb 12, 2018
Your boss trusts you a lot. You live in her house and sometimes go to work with her. You're practically like a member of her household that's why she gives some household responsibility to you. Bro unless you're not young anymore, if not it's just a passing phase. She sees you as a son or younger bro.
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by Lloydfather(m): 1:05pm On Feb 12, 2018
Spiritfun:
I work in a private company in somewhere Lagos. I got this job after some months of desperate job hunt.

When I started this job in January 2017, I thought I would grow and get some promotions maybe within the shortest time frame. So I gave my all.

Now the problem is that my boss wants to engage me for 24 hours. She calls me anytime she feels like to process some documents and respond to clients' inquiries. Even at midnight and beyond. At first, I thought it was because of the pressure we faced during the season but this continued even as I type this.

I have tried to curtail this behavior of hers but she is not giving up.

The most annoying part of this is that whenever her children are given assignments in their schools, she would tell them to give it to me to solve for them without minding my personal schedule. Her children attends one of the best schools here in Lagos.

I have personally told her to respect my unofficial hours and avoid adding unofficial assignments to my job description but she wouldn't listen.

At a point, I tactically delayed the assignment for days and she started complaining that I am incompetent.

I have made up my mind to quit the job at any slightest opportunity but the role I play in the company is very critical that I can't just wake up one day and resign.

Though she rarely praises me, a couple of her friends have told me how she boasts of my competence and the innovations and values I have added to the company..

Note that three months into the job, she offered me a one bedroom flat at her boys quarters and I didn't hesitate to accept because the place is somewhat closer to the office than where I lived. And sometimes, I join her in the car to the office in the morning thereby saving some fare cost.

Please, I need all the ideas you can give me to handle the situation.
U are just an ingrate, ordinary home work u are complaining, u think she will allow anyhow person to assist her children, I will advise u to sticks to ur job, this ur type ur opportunity is rear come by.

The only thing that will make me give u an opposite advice is if u have seen a better offer
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by awolaja: 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2018
Guy, if you love yourself, leave that comfort zone and run for your life. If you remain there, I promise you, you won't grow.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by webngnews: 1:40pm On Feb 12, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by oshorstan(f): 2:06pm On Feb 12, 2018
Spiritfun:
I work in a private company in somewhere Lagos. I got this job after some months of desperate job hunt.

When I started this job in January 2017, I thought I would grow and get some promotions maybe within the shortest time frame. So I gave my all.

Now the problem is that my boss wants to engage me for 24 hours. She calls me anytime she feels like to process some documents and respond to clients' inquiries. Even at midnight and beyond. At first, I thought it was because of the pressure we faced during the season but this continued even as I type this.

I have tried to curtail this behavior of hers but she is not giving up.

The most annoying part of this is that whenever her children are given assignments in their schools, she would tell them to give it to me to solve for them without minding my personal schedule. Her children attends one of the best schools here in Lagos.

I have personally told her to respect my unofficial hours and avoid adding unofficial assignments to my job description but she wouldn't listen.

At a point, I tactically delayed the assignment for days and she started complaining that I am incompetent.

I have made up my mind to quit the job at any slightest opportunity but the role I play in the company is very critical that I can't just wake up one day and resign.

Though she rarely praises me, a couple of her friends have told me how she boasts of my competence and the innovations and values I have added to the company..

Note that three months into the job, she offered me a one bedroom flat at her boys quarters and I didn't hesitate to accept because the place is somewhat closer to the office than where I lived. And sometimes, I join her in the car to the office in the morning thereby saving some fare cost.

Please, I need all the ideas you can give me to handle the situation.

Brother I feel your pains, I sympathise with u. pls don't resign, change your line, save enough money from the place, and if you're ok and gotten what u wanted as in a nee job and good money in the account, then meet her 1 on 1 to express how u feel.. tanx
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by jamjam1991(m): 2:33pm On Feb 12, 2018
I feel ur pain... surgession.. get rich travel out and start a new life were you will be respected and paid 4 ur values... Nigeria is a fu*ked place
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by BiggyBamBam: 3:03pm On Feb 12, 2018
1. Contact the children's school and inform them that the assignments are expo so they will score zero

2. Change your phone number
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by Alkanoicacid(m): 11:25pm On Feb 12, 2018
pinnket:
Such happens when you set no standard for yourself at the initial stage..

Enjoy your housemanship bro..

Crazylanders

Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by Alkanoicacid(m): 11:26pm On Feb 12, 2018
greatnaija01:
first, MOVE OUT
second, get a private line she will never have access to
third, GET SICK and see if she wont continue without u
fourth, start a business during your "sick time" off
fifth, NEVER complain again rather just SMILE.
sixth give her ONE MONTH notice that you got another "FICTICIOUS JOB" somewhere far and you would have to resume in a month's time with DOUBLE SALARY.

7th.... Watch how fast he attitude will change in that one month and how she will make compromises to suit you

LASTLY.... dont bug at her compromise.... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.

As if dey expect d OP b4..see as u gather everytin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. / Top 10 Things You Should Never Do At Work / How To Handle A Grammarian Boss At The Office?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.