Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,364 members, 7,826,429 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation (11641 Views)

Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Repatriation Flight From UAE / President Buhari Orders Repatriation Of Nigerians Stranded In Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by ClintGist(f): 1:42pm On Feb 10, 2018
The Government of Austria says it has completed the process of organising skills acquisition programmes for no fewer than 1000 Nigerian irregular migrants in Austria before their repatriation.

The country’s Director-General, International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), Michael Spindelegger, made this known on Thursday in Abuja at a meeting with the Foreign Affairs Minister, Geoffrey Onyeam.

Spindelegger said that ICMPD, with its headquarters in Austria, would start the programme with Nigeria as a pilot case before extending to others.

He said that the programme was to prepare the migrants for gainful employment which some Austrian companies were to set up later in Nigeria.

The centre director-general said that the proposed programme would facilitate reversed migration of the irregular migrants, who had no likelihood of being given legal residents in Austria.

“It is a new idea of how to combine future investment in Nigeria with the return of irregular migrants.

“A lot of companies are interested in investing in Nigeria because of its market.

‘“The idea is to train these irregular migrants before repatriating them so that when they come back, they will have something to do instead of becoming liabilities.

“The idea is also to encourage more Austrian companies to come and invest in Nigeria so that they also can contribute to solving the problem of unemployment and irregular migration,” he said.

According to him, there is provision for asylum in Europe, but in a situation where an emigrant fails to secure asylum, the person will be deported at the long run.

“For them, there is no chance of remaining in the country, because once they are picked, they will not be allowed to take anything, but would be brought back to their country empty.

“There are no fewer than 1,000 Nigerians that are not granted refugees status living in Austria.

“The programme is starting with Nigeria as a pilot, then, we will see what the experience is before extending it to other countries,” he said.

Spindelegger said, “though, only few Austrian companies are currently in Nigeria, efforts are being made to convince companies involved in the programme to come and invest in Nigeria.

“It is also part of the programme. They can get benefits from the European Union for the investment, which serves as more business security for them,” he said.

In his remarks, Onyeama said that the initiative would not only have Nigerians coming back home to contribute to national development, but also stood to benefit from foreign investors.

“It can be companies in Austria that are interested in investing in any sector of Nigerian economy.

“They will be selecting from Nigerian irregular migrants in Austria, train them and send them down to work with their companies in Nigeria,” he said.

The minister, however, dismissed the fears of likely ploy to deport Nigerians in the country through the process.

“Remember that those Nigerians are in that country illegally, and do not have any prospect of regularising their stay. As such, they would be deported in any case.

“So, instead of being deported with the shame that comes with it, they would be given training and guaranteed employment with the companies that would be coming to invest in Nigeria,” he said.

Onyeama said that the present administration had already put in place mechanism to address irregular migration and promote the concept of reverse migration.

He said Nigeria was in full support of the scheme and would ensure its success, adding that government had made huge investment on social intervention programmes and was having such similar scheme partnership with Germany.

SOURCE : http://www.clintgist.com/austria-government-to-train-1000-nigerians-irregular-migrants-before-repatriation/

6 Likes

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by HungerBAD: 1:44pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ok
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by tyup(m): 1:45pm On Feb 10, 2018
Good or Nah
I'll go for good......you?

2 Likes

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2018
Lol, Austria government take style get Nigeria government wayo sense. all this things na "WASH" my country men just get ready to be deported. so Austria government don they do Yahoo too smiley

8 Likes

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by helphelp: 5:29pm On Feb 10, 2018
Chei
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Venice789: 5:30pm On Feb 10, 2018
I don't need to book space jare

My network nah 4g.

4 Likes

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Narldon: 5:30pm On Feb 10, 2018

Are Nigerians everywhere in the world?

2 Likes

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 10, 2018
Lol dem don tire 4 dem grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by rawpadgin(m): 5:31pm On Feb 10, 2018
What their so-called father land couldn't offer them

Kudos to the Austria government

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by sotall(m): 5:32pm On Feb 10, 2018
Na wa

4 Likes

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by rawtouch: 5:32pm On Feb 10, 2018
thank you guys they will come back better than they left and will have a skill they can improve on and also EPP their families..

1 Like

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by MisterSols(m): 5:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
Good one
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2018
WELCOME DEVELOPMENT. ...

The way female bankers explain account opening is so sexy..... They will be like..... I will open it for you so you can put something inside okay Whether big or small just put something.���

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2018
WELCOME DEVELOPMENT. ...

In other news.....

The way female bankers explain account opening is so sexy.....
They will be like.....
I will open it for you so you can put something inside okay
Whether big or small just put something.���
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by okerekeikpo: 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2018
Can Buhari do this? Nigeria is a failed Nation
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by rawpadgin(m): 5:36pm On Feb 10, 2018
EMEKUSBOY9:
Lol, Austria government take style get Nigeria government wayo sense. all this things na "WASH" my country men just get ready to be deported. so Austria government don they do Yahoo too smiley
I think say he easy to train pikin wey nor be ur own?

@least they didn't repatriate them empty handed

1 Like

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 10, 2018
EMEKUSBOY9:
Absolutely! this is just a way of deporting them voluntarily, so that some of them would not cause chaos on the plane while been deported

Nigerians are known to Refuse to be deported at the point of deportation by causing chaos onboard Aircrafts.

4 Likes

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Nigeriadondie: 5:36pm On Feb 10, 2018
undecided The hustle is indeed real. Only and only if Nigeria is a really a place to call home why would young men risk travelling out.

My advise let Nigeri be an overseas territory of a progressive European country. Simple, it is far better than the recycling of looters, thieves, rogues as leaders d likes of Saraki, Theodore Orji, Dino, all the useless governors past and present.

2 Likes

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by leckzid: 5:37pm On Feb 10, 2018
pls where is d illegal route to Austra..... have already pack my load waiting for this opportunity
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by dollarcoolcat(m): 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ehn deport here and there..
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by don4real18(m): 5:41pm On Feb 10, 2018
This ppl don't understand that those Nigerians don't wish to come back

1 Like

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2018
i think they would rather stay in Austria, without skills than be deported with skills. besides which company will employ them? there are millions of nigerians with skills in Nigeria Already without jobs.

let them stay in Austria and use their skills in Austria.

who claims Asylum with Nigeria Anyway? Nigeria is known to be a peaceful and successfully oiled country, so what would be any nigerian's Grounds for claiming Asylum or refugee in Europe?
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by dust144(m): 5:44pm On Feb 10, 2018
This is nice, thanks Austria.
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by planetx: 6:08pm On Feb 10, 2018
I know people will say they should come home and join hands in building a better Nigeria. But the problem is there are powerful forces that likes Nigeria the way it is because of their selfish interest. I dont see how this country can make progress without a lot of bloodshed, Nigeria problem is beyond voting in a new president.

6 Likes

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 10, 2018
Narldon:

Are Nigerians everywhere in the world?

a wise man once said and country u dont find a Nigerian is probably not on the world map yet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by lumzybo: 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2018
Nigeriadondie:
undecided The hustle is indeed real. Only and only if Nigeria is a really a place to call home why would young men risk travelling out.

My advise let Nigeri be an overseas territory of a progressive European country. Simple, it is far better than the recycling of looters, thieves, rogues as leaders d likes of Saraki, Theodore Orji, Dino, all the useless governors past and present.

In summary, we shld be recolonized. I support the motion
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Nigeriadondie: 6:46pm On Feb 10, 2018
lumzybo:

In summary, we shld be recolonized. I support the motion
Bros whatever name it is called that is far better for us. We have some countries that are overseas territories of the US, UK, France. Though I prefer that we be an oversea territory of a Nordic country.

1 Like

Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 10, 2018
This is a good move. Armed with whatever knowledge they acquire in Austria, they will become assets to the nation. Make no mistakes about it, European thinking and education is liberating.

There used to be a young baker in my area who packed up in 1998 and went to Germany. He relocated to Nigeria in 2013 and promptly opened a few patisseries in town. The place is always neat, they're organised, they have many wonderful and tasty products, business is booming. I believe he would never have known how to produce high-value products and services without German education.

Sad but true.
Re: Austria To Train 1000 Nigerian Irregular Migrants Before Repatriation by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 10, 2018
gypsey:
i think they would rather stay in Austria, without skills than be deported with skills. besides which company will employ them? there are millions of nigerians with skills in Nigeria Already without jobs.

let them stay in Austria and use their skills in Austria.

who claims Asylum with Nigeria Anyway? Nigeria is known to be a peaceful and successfully oiled country, so what would be any nigerian's Grounds for claiming Asylum or refugee in Europe?

Asylum seeking individuals do not necessarily have to be from conflict torn regions. Europe administers asylum on the basis of perceived denial or the lack of human rights. Even if they applied under the "I am fleeing from unrest in my country" condition, they could very well have claimed Boko Haram and Fulani militants are after them.

In addition, Nigeria is a great environment for people with specialized skills because there are many opportunities.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Youths Protest Terrible Condition Of Benin-Sapele Road / Ethiopian Airlines Flight Schedule/prices To Enugu / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.